Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,764 members, 7,930,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 12:12 AM

Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi (37498 Views)

'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi / Insecurity Will Only Expand And Fester With Buhari - Farooq A. Kperogi, Ph.d. / 4 Blood Relatives Of President Buhari Who Work In Aso Rock By Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by 982ABU(m): 2:38pm On May 16, 2017
hmm
Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by braining01: 2:39pm On May 16, 2017
GOOD COLLATIONS
Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by Lilimax(f): 2:39pm On May 16, 2017
There are so many other seemingly lies but true embarassed
Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by Mac2016(m): 2:42pm On May 16, 2017
some tribalistic responses here are worrisome# we don't need to be tribalistic again..let's bred a new breed. our leaders have failed; we youths can't afford to else we perpetually condemn MotherNigeria to helluva heritages.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by chynie: 2:43pm On May 16, 2017
BlowBack:

That one is a fact and there are hundreds of online sources to back that up unless you want to play the Ostrich

No allow MBC warriors hear that
Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by Raziii(m): 2:44pm On May 16, 2017
Bintmusty:
. That's a very serious one and I'm still trying to figure out the truth about it. smiley
Still trying to figure out? Let me save you your time. Nigeria has never played India in a football match.
Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by BlowBack: 2:46pm On May 16, 2017
Buhari was not part of the coup conspirators that overthrew Shagari but he ended up becoming Head of State afterwards this is tantamount to knowingly receiving stolen goods.

Buhari never stole money but some how was able to single handedly float a political party and contest for presidency three times in a row both at the polls and at the courts up to the supreme court

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by BlowBack: 2:46pm On May 16, 2017
Mac2016:
[s]some tribalistic responses here are worrisome# we don't need to be tribalistic again..let's bred a new breed. our leaders have failed; we youths can't afford to else we perpetually condemn MotherNigeria to helluva heritages[/s].

Only afonjas are ashamed of their roots

4 Likes

Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by CONFAMA: 2:47pm On May 16, 2017
MasterChen:

Igboes developed Lagos or Lagos is no mans land grin
Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by BlowBack: 2:49pm On May 16, 2017
Lilimax:
There are so many other seemingly lies but true embarassed

Chibok girls and the hundreds of other lies released by lair mohammed

5 Likes

Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by ppnye: 2:49pm On May 16, 2017
4. That Sokoto calls itself “born to rule.” At no point in history has Sokoto ever called itself “born to rule.” As I pointed out in my January 10, 2015 column titled “The Stubborn, Undying ‘Born to Rule’ Falsehood in Nigeria’s Political Discourse,” “Sokoto State’s official license-plate catchphrase from the beginning was and still is ‘Cibiyar daular usmaniyya,’ which is Hausa for the nucleus or the navel of the Usman Danfodio caliphate. The English version of the slogan has been rendered as ‘Seat of the Caliphate,’ which I think is a great idiomatic translation

Are you aware that " born to rule" was once on the vehicle licence plate of Sokoto state?
When naija decried this they changed it, and you it is outright lie. Do you also know that River state slogan was once, " a dedication to God and man (?)"

5 Likes

Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by MasterChen: 2:50pm On May 16, 2017
CONFAMA:

Igboes developed Lagos or Lagos is no mans land grin

Haha...I wanted to look for trouble. I just thought it wasn't necessary after composing the post lol
Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 16, 2017
Mac2016:
Interesting!...what about Nigeria vs India football match where India turned ball into lion and scored 99-0 and said we should score just one to win...hehehe
Wat I heared was dat the ball multiplied into many nd it came in the form fire nd d goal keeper said dey gave him some mild burns

2 Likes

Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by Funlord2(m): 2:56pm On May 16, 2017
BlowBack:
Buhari was not part of the coup conspirators that overthrew Shagari but he ended up becoming Head of State afterwards this is tantamount to knowingly receiving stolen goods.

Buhari never stole money but some how was able to single handedly float a political party and contest for presidency three times in a row both at the polls and at the courts up to the supreme court

Nwokem will you just shut up and take all these your lies and tribalist nonsense to one of those threads filled with ipob miscreants that reason like you!

2 Likes

Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by janykute: 2:58pm On May 16, 2017
Buhari not having a certificate was that also a lie?

Buhari statement about the blood of bamboos and monkeys flowing if he loose the election was that also a lie?

Buhari showing his mathematical skills in the 97% / 5% statement was that lie as well?

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by masseratti: 3:09pm On May 16, 2017
BlowBack:
The issue of northern groundnuts and yoruba cocoa used in financing oil exploration has been debunked severally here with only the afonjas denying the obvious truth
oga,at no time did yorubas tell you they funded oil exploration with cocoa proceds,go and sleep please the white men did.

6 Likes

Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by Tisham20(m): 3:10pm On May 16, 2017
shocked sad sad
Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by greatermax77(m): 3:13pm On May 16, 2017
Since I was born & now I 'm getting old,the biggest lie I have continue to hear is that Nigeria is one.
But in actual sense we are not, every body knows that.

6 Likes

Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by shumuel(m): 3:22pm On May 16, 2017
seguntijan:
Notes From Atlanta

Top 8 Popular National Lies that Won’t Die in Nigeria
By Farooq A. Kperogi, Ph.D.
Twitter:@farooqkperogi

http://www.farooqkperogi.com/2017/05/top-8-popular-national-les-that-wont.html?m=1

kikiki Lol grin talking as if you were there during those era, anyways the one i know about Pro. Wole soyinka was that he failed Waec (SSCE) 7 times, this third class own wonder me o grin

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by viki84(m): 3:42pm On May 16, 2017
That we are the leaders of tomorrow, that tomorrow no de ever reach. Smh
Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by NaijaNaWaa: 3:44pm On May 16, 2017
it wont surprise me that Donald Trump isn't even aware that there is a country called Nigeria. All dude knows is how to grab 'em by the p**sy.
Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by Zenithpeak(m): 3:45pm On May 16, 2017
Putting the record straight, No 2 wasn't a lie nor a guess work but a careful planned and well funded project. It was Jonathan's concession to the 2015 election defeat that keep Nigeria as one and make it look like its a lie.

Buhari and his APC band of rouges were ready to unleash terror on Nigerians if not Goodluck Jonathan which said 'his ambition does not worth the blood of any Nigerian' and stood by it.

5 Likes

Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by Roadmike(m): 3:49pm On May 16, 2017
[size=18pt]This is half lies and half truth ann mixed together. particularly on the aspect of Usman Dan-Folio and the other natives all within the North of Nigeria .[/size][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by Jarus(m): 4:06pm On May 16, 2017
ppnye:

4. That Sokoto calls itself “born to rule.” At no point in history has Sokoto ever called itself “born to rule.” As I pointed out in my January 10, 2015 column titled “The Stubborn, Undying ‘Born to Rule’ Falsehood in Nigeria’s Political Discourse,” “Sokoto State’s official license-plate catchphrase from the beginning was and still is ‘Cibiyar daular usmaniyya,’ which is Hausa for the nucleus or the navel of the Usman Danfodio caliphate. The English version of the slogan has been rendered as ‘Seat of the Caliphate,’ which I think is a great idiomatic translation

Are you aware that " born to rule" was once on the vehicle licence plate of Sokoto state?
When naija decried this they changed it, and you it is outright lie. Do you also know that River state slogan was once, " a dedication to God and man (?)"

Some people are unteachable. Someone just corrected a myth and you are debunking his correction with same myth he debunked.

There was never a plate like that anywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by Splashme: 4:08pm On May 16, 2017
Who is this Farooq sef?
The guy always make so much sense
Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by Blue3k(m): 4:09pm On May 16, 2017
Nice list.
Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 16, 2017
BlowBack:
The issue of northern groundnuts and yoruba cocoa used in financing oil exploration has been debunked severally here with only the afonjas denying the obvious truth
didn't flat heads also believed that its all their palm oyel money? cheesy
Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by Welcomme: 4:20pm On May 16, 2017
Splashme:
Who is this Farooq sef?
The guy always make so much sense
A professor of English in one American university. A Nupe man from Niger state.
Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by DarkHenrie(m): 4:22pm On May 16, 2017
The lengths these third class graduates would go to project their poor grades and console themselves though.. That was how Tony Elumelu debunked his own the other day.
Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by Dedetwo(m): 4:30pm On May 16, 2017
Lt Col Francis Fajuiyi wanted to die with Gen Johnson Ironsi.
Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by OlaSpeaker(m): 4:37pm On May 16, 2017
Nigeria and lies sha! that how someone was arguing with me that Ibadan is bigger than Kaduna simply because he heard Ibadan is the largest city in Africa not even west Africa but Africa. The lie of Nigeria vs India match still rings in my hear
Re: Top 8 Popular National Lies That Won’t Die In Nigeria - By Farooq A. Kperogi by lailo: 4:45pm On May 16, 2017
same way Buhari Neva made d statement of Baboon and monkeys will soak in blood,but mischivious bloggers.Who is then responsible for all these lies.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out / President Buhari Inspects Military Parade In Borno, Cuts Cake With Troops(video) / Punch Newspaper Cartoon Mocks Amosun's APM After Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.