Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,948 members, 7,873,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:05 AM

Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds (9301 Views)

Haiti Joins African Union / Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti / Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by fifi09(f): 8:58pm On Jan 13, 2010
@tpia: It was all over CNN last nite.

Wyclef was even on CNN trying to raise money For Haiti,   you are in our thoughts and prayers Haiti!

I pray that they will be Supported materially and financially as good as any developed nation.

May God Almighty protect the living ones, and grant the dead His kingdom Amen.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by leochuks: 9:32pm On Jan 13, 2010
Man my thoughts and prayers go out those our brothers and sisters that have been affected by this cruel and unmitigated disaster. I really feel like crying to when I try to fathom the fate of so many people. I pray for our Haitain brothers and sisters, there are simply no words that can describe the burden that has befallen them. Please spare a momemt of silence for so many black people already suffering just to get by to be struck by such a cruel catatrosphy. Thousands of people killed instantly and then tens of thousands trapped in the rubble. Today we are ALL HAITANS.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 13, 2010
Lucky enough it was only 6.1 that hit san francisco last month, nevertheless it was still frightening.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by MAYOWAAK: 10:27pm On Jan 13, 2010
signs of the end-times
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 13, 2010
the pictures emerging are heart breaking!
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by fredoooooo: 11:38pm On Jan 13, 2010
may God help them, God help Nigeria from our natural disaster(Nigeria govt) too. God bless Nigeria
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 14, 2010
MAYOWAAK:

signs of the end-times

I agree

Serious wars are going to burst out soon- probably within the next decade.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 14, 2010
fifi09:

@tpia: It was all over CNN last nite.

Wyclef was even on CNN trying to raise money For Haiti, you are in our throughts and prayers Haiti!

I pray that they will be Supported materially and financially as good as any developed nation.

May God Almighty protect the living ones, and grant the dead His kingdom Amen.

The initial coverage was rather lukewarm- I had no idea it was that serious.

Compared to mutallab when they kept singing Nigerian national round the clock and on every network.

The pace for reporting this earthquake didnt pick up until much later.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by fifi09(f): 12:47am On Jan 14, 2010
I thought they did good covering the earthquakes n all. It was all in the news Fox, MSNBC, etc. But CNN still does a better job than them on international stories.

Trust me, they'll keep talking about it till there's another Breaking News.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by H2O2: 12:50am On Jan 14, 2010
bawomolo:

people like you and pat robertson (who claimed God punished new orleans for immorality) are idiots.

this is a natural disaster that has nothing to do with voodoo. it's funny how eastern religions are considered "wicked' traditions.
Yeah.  Her response was very idiotic and showed a lack of good reasoning.
Leave it to beavers to speak on what they have trouble understanding.

Natural disasters are inevitable and have nothing at all to do with voodoo.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by mamagee3(f): 12:54am On Jan 14, 2010
2010 is a bad year for the haitians.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by H2O2: 12:55am On Jan 14, 2010
tpia.:

The initial coverage was rather lukewarm- I had no idea it was that serious.

Compared to mutallab when they kept singing Nigerian national round the clock and on every network.

The pace for reporting this earthquake didnt pick up until much later.
It had to be lukewarm.  They could not go into a frenzy with their reporting because they had insufficient details on the devastation that had occured and the magnitude of the impact made by the earthquake.

Once pictures came in bunches and eye-witnesses provided with them with more information you saw the news pick up.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by H2O2: 1:06am On Jan 14, 2010
U.S. residents text "disaster" to 90999 give $10 Compassion Intl's Haiti relief efforts or text "HAITI" to 90999 to donate $10 to Red Cross relief efforts in Haiti.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by honeric01(m): 2:25am On Jan 14, 2010
Gosh!!!, this is hell

And for those saying they are having all these disasters because of the voodoo they practice, i would like to tell these set of people that Haiti don't even practice half of the voodoo practiced in most African countries, yet disasters like these hardly happen, so you guys should always think before you post and not post before you think.

My heart goes out to them and i pray that God will comfort them.

@Bam

They have a population of 9 million people in the whole of the island, do you mean it's only 9,000 police they have or just in Port-Au-Prince?
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by H2O2: 2:31am On Jan 14, 2010
shocked this bites my body sharply. I'm grimacing from these painful scenes of carcasses littering the streets.
Survivors dying from injuries and exhaustion.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by selencious(f): 2:38am On Jan 14, 2010
OMG!!! Itz thousands not hundreds, I so much pity them, its just so sad. We all tryna donate for them.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by honeric01(m): 2:39am On Jan 14, 2010
H2O2:

shocked this bites my body sharply.  I'm grimacing from these painful scenes of carcasses littering the streets.
Survivors dying from injuries and exhaustion.

I cant even watch again, no medication for them, see how they are all there helpless and hopeless with no help forthcoming.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by SeanT21(f): 2:42am On Jan 14, 2010
We should all start donating. Every little bit counts. Keep them in our prayers also.

http://www.google.com/relief/haitiearthquake/
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by platinumnk(f): 2:49am On Jan 14, 2010
H2O2:

U.S. residents text "disaster" to 90999 give $10 Compassion Intl's Haiti relief efforts or text "HAITI" to 90999 to donate $10 to Red Cross relief efforts in Haiti.

Yes US Residents please DOnate!!

My Good Haitian Friend havent heard from her people since it began . . when i talked to her. . . man I cant stop crying. Heart goes out to them . . cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by nelsonose: 3:18am On Jan 14, 2010
Time for everyone to be closer God!
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by nelsonose: 3:23am On Jan 14, 2010
R.I.P for all the dead
micktosin:

the pictures emerging are heart breaking!
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by platinumnk(f): 3:28am On Jan 14, 2010
If you are in the United States; and If you'd like to donate $10 to the American Red Cross' relief effort in Haiti, you can text the word "Haiti" to 90999 and it'll be billed to your cell phone.- American Red Cross

[flash=400,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVQe46ClQSA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"><[/flash]
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by Olong(m): 3:49am On Jan 14, 2010
damn!!!!!stuff like this should happen in nigeria, aso rock area basically,to kill off a few shitheads!
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by H2O2: 3:51am On Jan 14, 2010
Olong:

damn!!!!!stuff like this should happen in nigeria, aso rock area basically,to kill off a few shitheads!
You must be the biggest IdioOOOOt of all time angry wtf
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by nelsonose: 3:59am On Jan 14, 2010
Olong:

This is childish reasoning. Are old are you?
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by bawomolo(m): 5:03am On Jan 14, 2010
tpia.:

I agree

Serious wars are going to burst out soon- probably within the next decade.

you guys do know natural disasters are a normal part of living one earth right?

honeric01:

They have a population of 9 million people in the whole of the island, do you mean it's only 9,000 police they have or just in Port-Au-Prince?

9000 in the capital with a population of 2 million. this is an overcrowded island with little infrastructure
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 14, 2010
bawomolo:

you guys do know natural disasters are a normal part of living one earth right?

they are increasing and in unusual places.

haiti hasnt had an event of this magnitude since 1750 and 1771 or so.

Its not just about the diasters alone but people are becoming more inhuman by the day. Natural human feeling is considered weak and outdated.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by Megadeals: 6:28am On Jan 14, 2010
Olong:

Total eclipse of the brain, I suppose. You need to get off that weed.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by freetalk1(m): 8:09am On Jan 14, 2010
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by freetalk1(m): 8:10am On Jan 14, 2010
really, really really sad ,
100,000 dead
http://bomatai..com/2010/01/sad-sad-sad_14.html
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by GoldCircle: 8:12am On Jan 14, 2010
Been following this on CNN. Really pathetic! May God bless the souls of the dead! cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Liberian Elections: Voters Turnout Exceeded 78% In All The Elections / 67 Year Old Oyibo Man Beats Up Young Black Man On The Bus / Gambian President, Adama Barrow's Inauguration Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.