Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,329 members, 7,888,046 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:13 PM

Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds (9307 Views)

Haiti Joins African Union / Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti / Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by Malcolm28(m): 9:34am On Jan 14, 2010
My heart prayers and thoughts go to Haitians at this period of this greatest tragedy. I have been looking for a way to get through to MTN foundation so that those of us on the MTN network can at least send over our contributions to the relief efforts. If U have any ideas pls let us know so that we can send our contributions.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by isalegan2: 11:38am On Jan 14, 2010
Poor Haitians.  Life was already super hard for them.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by Horus(m): 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2010

Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by tosinaded(m): 3:36pm On Jan 14, 2010
GOD WWHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, GOD WE CANT QUESTION YOUUUUUUU
ITS TOOO MUCHHH, U KKNOW BEST
TIREEEEEEEED OF CRYN ALREADY AMED[[[[[[[[[[[[[JFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by honeric01(m): 3:36pm On Jan 14, 2010
Gosh!!! see the pictures, and someone actually wished this happened in Nigeria? may that poster never know peace for wishing that on us.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by blandyne(f): 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2010
@ Approved1
Ignorance is bliss, indeed !!!!!!!!!! May God help you. I can't believe that a grown woman like you, a 33 year old adult could be so ignorant. So you think this is happening in Haiti because of voodoo. Well let me tell you, as an HAITIAN myself i have never practiced voodoo. I'm christian, precisely a catholic so is the majority of haitians ( 80%), and the rest (20%) are protestants, atheists or voodoo followers. I'm not saying that there are no voodoo followers in haiti, but it's not what most of you guys think of it.
You said we "cut and sell human body parts" to do evil. Well i have a question for you, is it what the juju priests in Nigeria do too? Because from what i understand there is not a big difference between haitian voodoo and nigerian juju, Are you aware that haitians are also descendants of the igbo tribe. Therefore wouldn't i be right if i say that nigerians are evil. Fortunately, i will never make such statement because i know that nigerians are really religious and have fear of God.
And one more thing,do you know this morning i woke up and my mom told me that my little cousin died. My dad's cousin, his only son died and he was only 8 years old. So, just wondering do u still think that little boy died because of voodoo.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by honeric01(m): 4:45pm On Jan 14, 2010
blandyne:

@ Approved1
Ignorance is bliss, indeed !!!!!!!!!! May God help you. I can't believe that a grown woman like you, a 33 year old adult could be so ignorant. So you think this is happening in Haiti because of voodoo. Well let me tell you, as an HAITIAN myself i have never practiced voodoo. I'm christian, precisely a catholic so is the majority of haitians ( 80%), and the rest (20%) are protestants, atheists or voodoo followers. I'm not saying that there are no voodoo followers in haiti, but it's not what most of you guys think of it.
You said we "cut and sell human body parts" to do evil. Well i have a question for you, is it what the juju priests in Nigeria do too? Because from what i understand there is not a big difference between haitian voodoo and nigerian juju, Are you aware that haitians are also descendants of the igbo tribe. Therefore wouldn't i be right if i say that nigerians are evil. Fortunately, i will never make such statement because i know that nigerians are really religious and have fear of God.
And one more thing,do you know this morning i woke up and my mom told me that my little cousin died. My dad's cousin, his only son died and he was only 8 years old. So, just wondering do u still think that little boy died because of voodoo.

Pls ignore that f.ool, i sympathize with you and i hope God will help and comfort you and your family in these turbulent period. sad
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by MAYOWAAK: 1:40am On Jan 15, 2010
Angry Haitians set up roadblocks with corpses in Port-au-Prince to protest at the delay in emergency aid reaching them after a devastating earthquake, an eyewitness said, Skip related content

Shaul Schwarz, a photographer for TIME magazine, said he saw at least two downtown roadblocks formed with bodies of earthquake victims and rocks.

"They are starting to block the roads with bodies, it's getting ugly out there, people are fed up with getting no help," he told Reuters.

(Reporting by Andrew Cawthorne
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by ilosiwaju: 11:45am On Jan 15, 2010
sincere condolences blandyne and please dont mind the Approved1 fool. This kind of things brings up something in many people's mind: WHERE IS GOD?
am not afraid to ask sha.
mother nature, this was cruel ooo.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by Nobody: 3:29am On Jan 17, 2010

Outside Haiti capital, much despair and little aid

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cb_haiti_beyond_the_capital

LEOGANE, Haiti – As aid masses in Haiti's devastated capital, time is running out in rural areas where the damage is no less severe. In Leogane, frustrated men gathered Saturday with machetes and clubs, ready to fight for a town they said the world has forgotten.

All along the cracked highway heading west from Port-au-Prince along the bay, people begged for help. "SOS," declared a sign near Leogane. "We don't understand why everything is going to Port-au-Prince, because Leogane was broken too."

That is putting it lightly.

Leogane's city center is a rubble pile spiderwebbed with fallen power lines, coastal Haiti re-landscaped as a post-apocalyptic film set. Two mass graves line the road to the capital, a few yellowed bodies thrown in to start a third.

At the corner of Rue La Croix and Pere Thevenot, a charming two-story built in 1922 that housed a pharmacy and a florist last week is a brickyard sepulcher for the couple who died trying to escape.

Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 18, 2010
200k dead This is a bloody decade.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by Nobody: 1:42am On Jan 19, 2010
lord have mercy.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by Nobody: 4:32am On Jan 20, 2010
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 07, 2010
G7 nations pledge to cancel debts with quake-hit Haiti

The world's leading industrialised nations have pledged to write off the debts that Haiti owes them, following a devastating earthquake last month.

"G7 will cancel all Haiti bilateral debt," Canadian Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said at a G7 summit in Canada.

The G7 group also includes the US, UK, France, Germany, Italy and Japan.

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown hailed the pledge, which was made on Saturday during a G7 the summit in Iqaluit, northern Canada.

"It must be right that a nation buried in rubble must not also be buried in debt," he said.

"The UK has already cancelled all debts owed to it by Haiti and I strongly welcome today's G7 commitment to forgive Haiti's remaining multilateral debt. We will work with others to make sure this is delivered."

Before the earthquake, the international community agreed to cancel much of Haiti's $1.2bn (£800m) debt.

UK-based charity Oxfam has urged the writing off of about an additional $900m (£557m) that Haiti still owes to donor countries and institutions. It is unclear what portion of that amount Haiti owes to the G7 nations.

The World Bank has already announced that it is waiving Haiti's debt payments for the next five years.

And the Paris Club of creditor governments - including the US, UK, France and Germany - has called on other nations to follow its lead in cancelling debts to Haiti.

Venezuela and Taiwan are the country's other biggest creditors

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8502567.stm
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by mamagee3(f): 12:07am On Feb 07, 2010
That earthquake truly destroyed many lives.
Re: Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 28, 2010
God BLESS the Caribbean! We will get through this. My island has contributed to Haiti nonstop they are our West Indian brothers and we will help them get through this. I pray day and night that the countless orphans and displaced loved ones get the help they deserve. It is so sad.   undecided cry

I must be missing something, somebody said they wish this would happen to Nigeria? What kind of wicked piece of shiate would wish tragedy and death on another? Wow. Be careful that you dont cause distruction on your own da.mn self ya'hear? Blasted fool.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Liberian Elections: Voters Turnout Exceeded 78% In All The Elections / 67 Year Old Oyibo Man Beats Up Young Black Man On The Bus / Gambian President, Adama Barrow's Inauguration Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.