Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,371 members, 7,888,210 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:43 PM

5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job (12185 Views)

How To Figure Out If You’re In The Wrong Job / Six Emotions That Signal You Are In The Wrong Job / 8 Signs You Are Dealing With A Perfectionist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by assisttohire: 3:59pm On May 18, 2017
5 SIGNS YOU ARE IN THE WRONG JOB

It's can be difficult to find a job where you are a perfect fit this country and because of this, a lot of workers find themselves in jobs where they are unhappy. If you notice any of these signs in your attitude at work, you might be in the wrong job.

You dread Mondays

Dragging yourself to work every day can have a huge impact on your happiness in the long-run. If you find yourself in this predicament, reconsider your job choice. Dreading work days can make you call in sick even when there is nothing physically wrong with you. Research has shown that unhappy employees take an average of 15 more sick days a year than happy employees.While it is okay to be unhappy that the weekend is over, if you spend Sundays dreading work, that's a clear sign that something is wrong.

Consistently Negative Feedback

The most glaring clue you can get about your choice of jobs is the consistent feedback you get from others. If your life is filled with negative comments and few rewards, it’s probably not because your manager hates you. You are just in the wrong job. Consider the possibility that you are the problem. Be honest and find yourself a better fit.

You're always complaining

It’s natural for most people to complain once in a while. But when you find yourself complaining about your job all the time, it’s a huge indicator that you’re in the wrong job. Endless complaints about your job, at the least, indicate that you are not enjoying your work.

You hate the company

It can be difficult to get enthusiastic about a job when you hate the company. Hating the company can make it difficult to work because just like when you don't like learning something, you will be less enthusiastic about it. In other words, you don’t believe in the company’s products or services.

Nothing Comes Naturally

If you go to work every day hating what you are doing, then it might be time to reconsider your choices. Working at the wrong job can drain you emotionally and mentally and life is too short for that. It's important to strive and hustle and master new skills. However, if nothing in your job comes easy, you might be in the wrong line of work.

Are any of these signs familiar? Time to update your CV and start applying.

Check out new job vacancies http://assisttohire.com/employer/job/view_all.php

3 Likes

Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by ayourbamie: 4:17pm On May 18, 2017
Whatever your hands find doing, do it well

3 Likes

Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by forreelinc(m): 4:21pm On May 18, 2017
angry also when you fantasize about deflating ogas car tyres or burning down the office with everyone inside

20 Likes

Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by gwmlogistic: 7:09am On May 19, 2017
Leave the job and pursue whatever gives you pleasure and watch the money pile up. Thank me later

In Other news
Antitrust/ everlasting water stanchion tower/ tank stand at whatever height and water capacity you plan on achieving.
Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by finnestdope(m): 7:09am On May 19, 2017
i love my work with passion.

blogging makes me happy and keeps me updated

other bloggers like me will also testify to this cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by LAFO: 7:11am On May 19, 2017
Ok

Find a job before dreading the jo
Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by Goldenheart(m): 7:12am On May 19, 2017
cool For most people, it's all about the money .... undecided
Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by ipreach: 7:13am On May 19, 2017
There is no bad job in this country
Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by ugleenerd: 7:14am On May 19, 2017
Especially if u r bn owed 8mnts salary... embarassed

My brother,run 4 ur life....

Dat is worst dan witchcraft tying ur destiny down..
Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by Nobody: 7:14am On May 19, 2017
When you always dream of walking out of your office NAKED the day you'll resign, so that you'll never ever come back.... like in that movie *need for speed*

2 Likes

Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by echelons(m): 7:15am On May 19, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by Victornezzar: 7:17am On May 19, 2017
finnestdope:

so na una dey carry fake news all d time ahbi

12 Likes

Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by miketayo(m): 7:17am On May 19, 2017
finnestdope:

Most of u r copy and paste bloggers nd other do it because Linda bought a mansion, very few original bloggers

6 Likes

Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by nnamdibig(m): 7:18am On May 19, 2017
Anything you are doing and you are paid salary for it no matter how big the salary is, is slavery and a WRONG JOB.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by Zdoh(m): 7:19am On May 19, 2017
Op you really made some vita points being in the wrong job is life challenging because nothing about such person will work normal.Every individual has what rocks his or her boat but discovery it is a different ball game.It is cool to try many things and discover where you fit in by the positive sign you feels.

Meanwhile:

We buy/Sell ......

Bring all your eaning (Paypal,Payoneer,Bitcoin,Skrill etc) for instant exchange to Naira.
Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by UndisputedBosom(m): 7:20am On May 19, 2017
When the country's economy is in this state of recession, one has to love whichever work you find yourself in not bcox it only puts food on your table but millions are willin' to do whatever to be forturnate of a work to do just to put food on their table.

So be Motivated cheesy
Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by Nobody: 7:22am On May 19, 2017
So OK I actually think I'm in the wrong job, yeah?
I dread Mondays, who doesn't?
Sometimes you get positive feedback, but compared to negative feedback its just a needle in a haysack. Lets be true to ourselves, when last did you say "thank you" to your doctor or nurse? There you go....... tongue
Do I complain a lot? Like seriously, yes! That's what you do when ur underemployed.
Do I like the company? Who likes a country that slaves you?
But i love my job so I don't consider it "the wrong job". More appropriately, I'd say I'm in the wrong country. grin

7 Likes

Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by aycorporat(m): 7:25am On May 19, 2017
ugleenerd:
Especially if u r bn owed 8mnts salary... embarassed

My brother,run 4 ur life....

Dat is worst dan witchcraft tying ur destiny down..
Very true as this happened to yours sincerely
Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by MissIndependent(f): 7:29am On May 19, 2017
No 6: You look forward to public Holidays undecided

Note: All Lagosians hate their jobs undecided grin

6 Likes

Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by DAVE5(m): 7:30am On May 19, 2017
Make I go back to bed joor
Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by Nobody: 7:34am On May 19, 2017
MissIndependent:

As in ehn, Lagos is a city i never wish to work in. If evwryday were mondays, life expectancy there would be like 35yrs grin
Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by chynie: 7:36am On May 19, 2017
This means almost all of us are in the wrong jon cry
Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by OLAFIMIX(f): 7:36am On May 19, 2017
Agreed
MissIndependent:

Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by Nobody: 7:40am On May 19, 2017
ok,

Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by Tattooboy: 7:44am On May 19, 2017
K
Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by gasperkoya(m): 7:45am On May 19, 2017
Only eight Months? Happy for you...Quote author=aycorporat post=56663471]
Very true as this happened to yours sincerely[/quote]
Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by Tattooboy: 7:48am On May 19, 2017
MissIndependent:

True

Not easy to change job in this part of the world.
Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by UgoFly: 7:49am On May 19, 2017
When your bank alert is not gbagam !
Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by dangotesmummy: 7:49am On May 19, 2017
grin grin
forreelinc:
angry also when you fantasize about deflating ogas car tyres or burning down the office with everyone inside
Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by femi4: 7:51am On May 19, 2017
gwmlogistic:
Leave the job and pursue whatever gives you pleasure and watch the money pile up. Thank me later

In Other news
Antitrust/ everlasting water stanchion tower/ tank stand at whatever height and water capacity you plan on achieving.
sleeping gives me pleasure....hope my money will pile up
Re: 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job by Yello1(m): 7:51am On May 19, 2017
As much as i would like to agree with d hope i cant but say this days u derive job satisfaction in a job that pays verywell in nigeria, cos dos who go for less paying job cos of satisfaction will be trumatised by d economy of d country

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fear Of Sacking Hits NDLEA, Code Of Conduct Bureau, Others / Prince 2 And CISA Candidates For 2009 / How Nlc’s Picketing Of MTN Violated Global ILO Rule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.