Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,964 members, 7,963,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 03:14 AM

Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla (778 Views)

1999 Siena Xle Going For Cheap@800k / Most Sought For Car Engines In Nigeria 2014 / Ugently Need A Toyota Avalon - Help Plz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by ikeyman00(m): 1:21am On Jan 14, 2010
well cest happy new world to yall

anyway to all the expert in the house

as i was driving on my way back from abuja to eastside haa; mennn god dey oo i drove in a deep pothole in Benue state; serious intentious dug pot hole as i learnt.

instantly my honda babyboy euro spec stall, i try so hard to start the engine but all was in vain

then my desperation drove me to the road side mechanics, in their assessment, the current that goes to the fuel pump in the tank is cut off, neither was there current that runs to the plugs etc shocked

personally and normally each time i insert the key there is usually green light that indicate the sign of key on obd reading,however the aftermath of the incidence in Benue that green light never showed up in the obd as the key is inserted on it went dead on

at the time i didnt have option as i have to look for a place to park and made off with public transport back to east

plz plz can someone reach out so i will get a clue on what to do

anticipating swiff response

thanks
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by ikeyman00(m): 10:21am On Jan 14, 2010
hmmm
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by ikeyman00(m): 11:33pm On Jan 14, 2010
i take it nobody wana help

abi
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by ikeyman00(m): 9:52pm On Jan 15, 2010
nonesense cool
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by mytime2: 10:13pm On Jan 15, 2010
No need to be angry bro, have you noticed some of the real experts have not been online since you posted this topic yesterday. Just be a bit patient, someone with experience will come up soon.
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by ikeyman00(m): 10:37pm On Jan 15, 2010
mytime2
ok oooo grin

waiting then

happy new year by the way

right nl is still full of demons; they pretend like they are nice but guess what; we know they aint lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa; okkkkkkkkkkk i can see some of them; haaaaaaaaa; ok joking

ready nowww
                    clear conscience fear no accussation

now prosecutor; remember this one cool bye ha
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by IKEYMAN1: 10:05pm On Jan 20, 2010
now emmmm after looking in some context i now understand there is

1; ignition system; which the key start

2;ecu or shall i say brain box ?? right

3;main relay comprises fuel pump relay and injector relay

in honda according to them the relay could be some sort of wahala with time as for bad soldering of joints in the box

again in some cars generally right the brain box could instruct the relay switch to shut off current that goes in the main relay in course of collision as they say?

as in my case, that miserable pothole in Benue state aint no joke; it was that bad that it could easily destory some oil pot under the engine; so the impact then could be percieve as a collossion by the Brain box

now question?

since collision trigger a shut down of current that goes to the injector and fuel pump[b] main relay[/b] by the relay switch; wetin come bi relay switch now abi na the main relay itself under the steerling dash or some kind of fuse

somebody help plzzzzzzzz
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by IKEYMAN1: 10:08pm On Jan 20, 2010
bump
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 20, 2010
The green key symbol that illuminates in the dash is the immobilliser warning. If it remains on whilst cranking the engine, it won't start. As it means the coil reader built into the ignition switch / barrel can't read the transponder embedded in the key.

Does this green lamp illuminate, start flashing then go out?
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by IKEYMAN1: 10:21pm On Jan 20, 2010
right  grin grin as im talking we are lecturing as well hhaha

now emm one its obvious the relay is being shot off as for there wasnt no sound coming from the fuel pump inside the tank

this relay is the main relay just undernath the dash near the steerling right??

coupled with the second relay that goes to the injector-current that goes to the injector

is this the reason there wasnt no ignition light that goes green in the instructment reading whenever the key is inserted to ON  before start

i guess they are inter-connected somehow

me personally knew the fact the ignition light in the instructment reading in the dash has gone dead means i was in serious trouble

since impact could trigger shot down of the engine, how do i get the main relay back on?? relay switch?? whats that
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by IKEYMAN1: 10:23pm On Jan 20, 2010
The green key symbol that illuminates in the dash is the immobilliser warning. If it remains on whilst cranking the engine, it won't start. As it means the coil reader built into the ignition switch / barrel can't read the transponder embedded in the key.

Does this green lamp illuminate, start flashing then go out?

seina no; it completely gone dead after i drove over a deep pothole at high speed

even as the key is inserted
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 20, 2010
Is there power anywhere else, for example, does the dash illuminate when the ignition is switched on?
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by IKEYMAN1: 10:30pm On Jan 20, 2010
yes all the light shows up apart from the green light

normally when the key is inserted and turn to ON position just before starting u see that green light

but after the incidence even as the key is inserted and turn ON nothing shows

yes all the LIGHTS including CHECK ENGINE LIGHT shows but not the green one

after the impact
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by IKEYMAN1: 10:59pm On Jan 20, 2010
@@@@

what is hazard switch

does anyone know where is reside?

ok not hazard on the dash;

cleared!!!
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by IKEYMAN1: 11:01pm On Jan 20, 2010
@@@@@@

well i think we are getting there

this so called inertia switch must be some kind of push in bottoms that goes off in course of collision
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by IKEYMAN1: 1:58pm On Jan 21, 2010
@@@@

and here we are now

fuel cut off switch??

under the gloves box

which one bi gloves box or something now??

kia
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by IKEYMAN1: 1:59pm On Jan 21, 2010
@@@@

anyone with 1998-2002 shop/maintainance/ book

plz look up and holla
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by IKEYMAN1: 4:15pm On Jan 21, 2010
one thing certain

the ECU might instruct the inertia switch or the fuel pump cut off switch to shut off current that goes to the pump for safety reason as regard emm the pump inside is driven by electric power from the battery

this could happen in the case of collision as for that bloody pot hole in otupo branch or something Benue; dem people better fill that hole and fg should take note as well

therefore ur car stall

therefore me certain this is what took place and i will have to instruct my mechanic to go and try to locate the reset bottom somewhere underneath the dashboard, maybe near the passenger's side

so whoever have their ass in situation like this; u now know what to do
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by IKEYMAN1: 4:40pm On Jan 21, 2010

most likely to be a[b] golden head sitting on a black case[/b]
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by IKEYMAN1: 4:45pm On Jan 21, 2010
rightttttttttttttttttttt

upon impact the above switch will spring off creating an open circuit which will in effect disable your main-relay therefore the car wouldnt be able to start

even any reasonable dectected vibration will do

however i guess your check engine light should be ON in the instrument reading before blaming it on this switch

even indequate oil could set the switch off

leakage of fuel also
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by IKEYMAN1: 4:50pm On Jan 21, 2010

so this is the glove box hahhahha

well as for 98-02 accord; now u know where it is

hidden maybe some where on the firewall under the mat or the body
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by Onwan: 5:02pm On Jan 21, 2010
Get a rewire to have the wiring underneath AND the brain-box checked. Don't let them mess with your engine OR the kick. Its very essential you contain this.
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by IKEYMAN1: 7:18pm On Jan 21, 2010
k thanx
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by Nobody: 5:51am On Feb 07, 2010
ikeyman00:

i take it nobody wana help

abi

because you're lousy perhaps?

have you considered that?

how many ids did you use on this thread?
Re: Help Plz!experts Advice Sought; siena holla by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 07, 2010
Lol @ Tpia.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Camry Or Honda Bulldog / Special Discount For Nairalanders Only-get Your Auto Website with Special offers / Honda Bulldog Wargon-give Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.