Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,088 members, 7,967,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 10:45 AM

Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest (74929 Views)

Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo / "Happy To Be Home" - Nigerian Soldier With His Family After War With Boko Haram / Pension Alert: Ex-biafra Police Officers Go Wild In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by engrchykae(m): 3:38pm On May 21, 2017
if duty calls for me to take up arms as you did 50 years ago,i will gladly do so.let the doomsday make haste.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by AK481(m): 3:39pm On May 21, 2017
decatalyst:

Yeah...brave man.

But what baffles me is why would a leader send his followers to the war front with only FIVE f**king bullets?
The greatest ammunition in war is bravery.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Orlins: 3:40pm On May 21, 2017
decatalyst:

Yeah...brave man.

But what baffles me is why would a leader send his followers to the war front with only FIVE f**king bullets?

He knew they'll fvcking die.... lol. Biafrans sha... Five bullets to fight Nigeria? Wtf were you thinking.?
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by augustine: 3:47pm On May 21, 2017
OrestesDante:
Ojukwu is an unsuccessful Coward!!!

Tell me 1 thing Ojukwu did as far as Nigeria is concerned. And I will tell you 10 things Awolowo did.

Tell me again that Awolowo took rat poison and I will tell you of an Ojukwu who led his people into the pit they'll never come out from in 100years to come! grin
Ojukwu Insisted that due process be followed if The military has to form the government. He insisted that brig Ogundipe who was next in rank to assassinated gen Ironsi became head of state instead of col Gowon his junior. Ogundipe didn't even wait to argue, he fled to London in fear. Now who is the real Coward?
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by decatalyst(m): 3:50pm On May 21, 2017
AK481:

The greatest ammunition in war is bravery.

No wonder you are AK481! grin
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by DICKtator: 3:58pm On May 21, 2017
decatalyst:

Stop this...its not fair. cheesy

I really don't understand your response. My statement wasn't made to belittle the army that was at a disadvantage. I rather consider it courageous and brave to be at the battlefield with little or no ammunition. Please do not drag me into any side(if that is what your response or understanding of my initial statement feels). I do not consciously subscribe to that school of thought. My sincere apology if i misconstrued your response.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by linearity: 3:59pm On May 21, 2017
tripoli007:
I am an easterner from UDI LGA in Enugu state after reading accounts online from great men on Biafra and 1st hand information from my grandfather who served in the biafran army ,Ojukwu led his people to suicide.He wasn't really prepared for this ,who goes to war without sufficient armour or Ally's .I still don't see ojukwu as any hero

Sometimes, if you don't have anything intelligent to contribute, it is better you shut up.

It is easy now, to sit back in front of your shinning computer and probably under the comfort of a roof over your head and an AC to condemn the actions some people took in the past in response to injustice been done against their kind.

They gave already killed 50,000 thousands and counting, how many more should be killed before a leader acts? 100,000? what about 500,000? Hitler dropped more than 11 million, is that the magic number?

Yes, people go to war with little ammunition or lack of preparedness. Your enemies don't give you advance notice or time to prepare, you just act. Yes, more people died as a result, but no body sits by why every loved he/she is murdered in cold blood, at some points something snaps inside you and you just have to do something.

During the America Revolution in the 19th century, they didn't have the superior fire power, infact if not for France, the uprising would have beef crunched and there would not have America.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by decatalyst(m): 4:05pm On May 21, 2017
DICKtator:

I really don't understand your response. My statement wasn't made to belittle the army that was at a disadvantage. I rather consider it courageous and brave to be at the battlefield with little or no ammunition. Please do not drag me into any side(if that is what your response or understanding of my initial statement feels). I do not consciously subscribe to that school of thought. My sincere apology if i misconstrued your response.

grin grin grin grin

You are a DICKtator! grin
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Ola5TP: 4:06pm On May 21, 2017
KudiratAbiola1:
[s][/s]
shatap there and get out
which noble?
Park well joor
the blood of Ojukwu you make fun of will continue to torment you in this life masha Allah amin
U have problems with Afonja right? Fvck that. If Afonja are bastard then u are the most famous bastard and most ethnic coward of all time. Damn... Shit crazy. Please learn how to respect ur old age and stop fvcking with Afonja,s.
Truth is pain. .
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Paentera(m): 4:09pm On May 21, 2017
When playing paintball, the number of pellets required exceeds 50! How do you then send a soldier to war with five bullets?

Isn't that suicide?
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by famzynet: 4:16pm On May 21, 2017
A brave man he his. Men like him are few. Standing up for what you believe and liberation of his people.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by walosky(m): 4:16pm On May 21, 2017
But ibos get mind pass us o

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Xeeman(m): 4:29pm On May 21, 2017
[quote author=Youngadvocate post=56716934]by Patrick Egwu Ejike

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/ynaija.com/disabled-biafran-veterans-i-bullet-in-my-chest/amp/[/quote

What in more mischievous and stupidity than going to battlefield with Just Give bullets in your ripple?
I laughed when he says"the shoot mercilessly "..
what did he expect??
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Xeeman(m): 4:30pm On May 21, 2017
What in more mischievous and stupidity than going to battlefield with Just Give bullets in your ripple?
what did he expect??

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Xeeman(m): 4:36pm On May 21, 2017
What is more mischievous and stupidity than going to battlefield with Just five bullets in your ripple?
what did he expect??
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by CioAngels(f): 4:44pm On May 21, 2017
Am very sure Enugu governors to date would have heard about this man and becos of the state money they steal they will block their ears, close their eyes and mouth so that they will not help him. Wicked stealing governors.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by ipodstinks: 4:49pm On May 21, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

I believe it was in this passage:
So calling you a lair means an insult. I give up.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Odunayomidemej: 4:56pm On May 21, 2017
war!!!!
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by ipodstinks: 4:59pm On May 21, 2017
padiga047:
we have faced them before and we will face them again, we are not Afonja warriors that ran away from Dahomey WOMEN!!
Yinmu, so face them by moving to west hahahaha. Have you for once think and ask yourself why did ojukwu and your supposed heroes not move straight to north where your ascestors ' necks and head were brutally smashed, why west? after every chestbeat, they were dealt with at ORE in ondo by just 10 Yoruba solders. Have you?
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by ebk10(m): 5:09pm On May 21, 2017
decatalyst:

Yeah...brave man.

Do you know the meaning of blockade?

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Ishilove: 5:22pm On May 21, 2017
You have to give it to these old soldiers. They had spunk and they were fighting a just fight, very much unlike the IPOB/MASSOB youths of the 21st century who are fighting a fight that defies rational discourse.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by decatalyst(m): 5:45pm On May 21, 2017
ebk10:

Do you know the meaning of blockade?

Do you know the meaning of planning?

There shouldn't have been an appetite to fight FG in the first place!
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by goldedprince: 5:50pm On May 21, 2017
why is this shit on front page
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by kingzizzy: 5:55pm On May 21, 2017
Ishilove:
You have to give it to these old soldiers. They had spunk and they were fighting a just fight, very much unlike the IPOB/MASSOB youths of the 21st century who are fighting a fight that defies rational discourse.

IPOB/MASSOB are fighting for self determination which is a universal right of all people. If that "defies rational discourse" then we are all doomed.

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Princewell2012(m): 6:14pm On May 21, 2017
decatalyst:

Yeah...brave man.

Hnmm am speechless. I dont know what was oguchu thinking exacyly.

Forgeting he is fighting a comlete batalion. A nigerian soldiers who has a sitting president, and could easily gets help from another countries.

It is obvious ogujwu was not prepared for that fight. Period.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Edum13656: 6:30pm On May 21, 2017
Hero! !!
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by MaziEDOZIE(m): 7:20pm On May 21, 2017
A great and brave man indeed.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by vislabraye(m): 7:22pm On May 21, 2017
linearity:

Sometimes, if you don't have anything intelligent to contribute, it is better you shut up.

It is easy now, to sit back in front of your shinning computer <br>2robably under the comfort of a roof over your head <br>an AC to condemn the actions some people took in the past in response to injustice been done against their kind.

They gave already killed 50,000 thousands <br>counting, how many more should be killed before a leader acts? 100,000? what about 500,000? Hitler dropped more than 11 million, is that the magic number?

Yes, people go to war with little ammunition or lack of preparedness. Your enemies don't give you advance notice or time to prepare, you just act. Yes, more people died as a result, but no body sits by why every loved he/she is murdered in cold blood, at some points something snaps inside you abr>you just have to do something.

During the America Revolution in the 19th century, they didn't have the superior fire power, infact if not for France, the uprising would have beef crunched <br>there would not have America.

There are different sides to a story. Some senior army officers from the East did not support the war. However it's good to fight for a good course. But it's wrong to send a 16 year old boy to war with only 5 bullets. Haba !!
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by chiagozien(m): 7:32pm On May 21, 2017
vislabraye:

There are different sides to a story. Some senior army officers from the East did not support the war. However it's good to fight for a good course. But it's wrong to send a 16 year old boy to war with only 5 bullets. Haba !!
is the 16 years boy complaining,if you dont know what to comment just pack well.it takes brave minds to do what he did if am in his shoe i will do same.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by kingzizzy: 7:48pm On May 21, 2017
My father was a Biafran soldier. He told me that shortage of ammunition was always a problem with the Biafran Army, so they became inventive. There was a sort of wooden spindle Biafran Soldiers carried. Whenever this spindle was waved, it made the sound of a machine gun going off. So when Biafran Soldiers faced the Nigerian Army, the Biafran soldiers would wave the spindles in their trenches, giving the impression that they had more ammunition than they actually did. This gave them time to either strategise, retreat or flank the enemy.

With the limitless ammunition the Nigerian Army had compared to the Biafran Soldier, you would think that the Nigerian Army would have crushed Biafra much earlier. What the Nigerian Soldiers did not have was the will and determination of the Biafran Soldier. Biafran soldiers, against all odds, fought with little or nothing for 3 long years and ended up killing far more Nigerian Soldiers than they did to Biafran Soldiers.

Had Biafran Soldiers had a quarter of the arms and ammunition the Nigerians had, the Republic of Biafra would have been standing today.

It is sheer testament to the courage, bravery and determination Biafran Soldier to have fought a far more superior, better equiped, better financed Army but held their own for 3 years.

I salute them for their courage. For me, they are heroes. The only reason Biafran Soldiers are not appreciated is because we still have 'one Nigeria'. Whenever Biafra is achieved, and the story of the Biafran soldier is told, generations of younger Biafrans will marvel at the determination of these men and eternally honour them.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by papaejima1: 8:21pm On May 21, 2017
ipodstinks:
uhn, akiika, I am enjoying you even though I know you are lying. Do you still wat to tell more lies?
You can choose to learn history or wallow in your ignorance.
It doesn't stop that which was from having been!
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by laribari(m): 8:24pm On May 21, 2017
monex:

you guys should quit trying to mock people or their rationale for going to war. You did not experience their persecution nor pogrom and cannot understand their rationale better than them.

You can castigate (or brand as foolish) the modern day Igbos but not those who took part in the Biafran War.

Bro, get my point please. What I'm saying is that these great men who fought the war are the real biafrans and they lost the war painfully. The people shouting biafra today are fake that's what I'm saying.

They don't do the talk and none have even honoured or help the soldiers who are alive today.

I don't have an issue with the ojukwus of this world but the ones shouting biafra today. What have they done differently?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) / FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre / Ortom: Buhari Is Working With Fulani To Take Over Nigeria (Video, Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.