Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,953 members, 7,922,353 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 04:15 AM

Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. (13686 Views)

List Of Super Eagles Squad for Egypt Game / Emenike Rejects Invitation Back To The Super Eagles Squad / Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by ow11(m): 11:32am On Feb 01, 2010
honeric01:

I think Rabiu Ibrahim is a better midfielder, though he's small, but his small body should be a + to him just because he can easily slip away from his markers (just like messi % Aguero), you should also remember that Okocha is also a small body player and it worked for him.

I also think Rabiu is more skillful and can hold on to ball than Maduabuchi, the Maduabuchi i saw against Pillars is good but not better.
semid4lyfe:

Difficult question. . . . On a skill & creativity level, it's hard to say who is better. International exposure to competitions (U-17 and U-21) and probably better training gives Rabiu the edge IMO. grin wink

His size bothers me. He didn't show much in Egypt (No one actually did anyway) but I would have to agree that maybe the European experience of Ibrahim should count for something.

Maduabuchi would show us his stuff if this year's Confed Cup and maybe get a move so he can rival Ibrahim and Haruna for a starting shirt.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by semid4lyfe(m): 12:19pm On Feb 01, 2010
ow11:

I can't understand why players like Nedum Onuoha and Stefano Okaka need to be begged to play for SE? They are no where near the national teams of their 2nd countries and surely at least Anichebe's silver medal should be an inspiration for them.

Okaka is the sort of target man we need in the SE if we would still play 4-5-1 in the world cup ( Given that Amodu remains coach). Even though he lacks goals, he can do a Heskey for I. Uche and Odemwingie to pounce.
If these players are going to ever play for Nigeria, this is the time particularly with the lure of the world cup. . . . . Stefano Chuka Okaka is a good prospect. . .  He's got a huge imposing physique and he could definitely hold up play for the team upfront and create chances for our other strikers. . . . Anyway, he has just joined Fulham today on loan so he'll definitely be in the spotlight and radar of our coach (who ever it may be).

Nedum Onuoha on the other hand is an utility defender who can play anywhere in defence from central defence (his preferred position), right-back and left-back. However, I don't think we need him that much cos we've got some1 in that mold in Chibuzor Okonkwo. The only thing Onuoha has over Chibuzor is speed. . . .dude can run and is f.cucking fast

Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by semid4lyfe(m): 12:44pm On Feb 01, 2010
honeric01:

Guys, i think we should look at this Chukka Okaka of Roma, that guy looks to me a good striker, big, strong, firm, fast, skillful and good in the air, is he not eligible for the SE?
Lol. . . . .Both Nedum and Okaka are very eligible to play for Nigeria. However, Nedum has said he wants to represent England at the Senior level (I recall he still said so in an interview late last year around early December after our qualification for SA 2010). . . . He's still young so he figures he can wait some few more years (definitely not going to SA 2010 with England), that na why im dey do shakara. As for Stefano. . . . . he had better learn from Balotelli's experience with Italy and accept an invitation with open hands when and if he's invited to play for Nigeria. There must be a serious dearth of players in a particular position before Italians will field a black in their team. E go tey before black person go play for Italo. . . . Even Balotelli realizes this and don dey take style dey change mouth now. . . . .which player no wan go world cup? grin tongue
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 12:47pm On Feb 01, 2010
ow11:

His size bothers me. He didn't show much in Egypt (No one actually did anyway) but I would have to agree that maybe the European experience of Ibrahim should count for something.

Maduabuchi would show us his stuff if this year's Confed Cup and maybe get a move so he can rival Ibrahim and Haruna for a starting shirt.

Rabiu was not fit when he played in the U-20, so we shouldn't use that to judge him, his size is not a problem, Maradona, Messi, Aguero, Ortega, Eusebio, Makoum e.t.c aren't big either, but they are very telling when on the field.

semid4lyfe:

Lol. . . . .Both Nedum and Okaka are very eligible to play for Nigeria. However, Nedum has said he wants to represent England at the Senior level (I recall he still said so in an interview late last year around early December after our qualification for SA 2010). . . . He's still young so he figures he can wait some few more years (definitely not going to SA 2010 with England), that na why im dey do shakara. As for Stefano. . . . . he had better learn from Balotelli's experience with Italy and accept an invitation with open hands when and if he's invited to play for Nigeria. There must be a serious dearth of players in a particular position before Italians will field a black in their team. E go tey before black person go play for Italo. . . . Even Balotelli realizes this and don dey take style dey change mouth now. . . . .which player no wan go world cup? grin tongue

I think we really don't need Nedum, Nigeria's got alot of defenders, what we urgently need are midfielders and strikers, nothing short, i am not sure about Okaka yet, waiting to see his reaction if ever he's invited by any coach.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by snakova(m): 8:48pm On Feb 02, 2010
cashful:

base on their performances at the AFCON, shittu and S. kaita will definitely start for me,
watching todays game i saw what kanu brings into the team that mikel still lacks, so he might make my 23 if fit as at the time of the worldcup

enyeama

odiah/yusuf                          Apam                               shittu                              echiejile

kaita                             mikel

10?rabiu/S.Okoro(we need surprises for the worldcup)

IKuche                                           martins                                         osaze

formation not static changing to 4=4=2 at intervals, osaze moving to (11) and rabiu/okoro moving to (7)

Why not a Mourinho styled 4-3-3/4-5-1? That is going up against Argentina? Yobo is Captain, and if Onuoha if legible for Naija i'd make space for him in place of Shittu. Centre halfs are Yobo and Onuoha, Left back is Apam, right is Echeijile when neutral, and taiwo when losing. But i'm sure with a more purposeful coach we could get a more unpredictable line-up, and still get good results e.g. the likes of Okaka, victor Moses, Aogo, C.Okonkwo,v. Utaka and some Local boys.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by mojojojo(m): 1:17am On Feb 03, 2010
1st Choice/ 2nd Choice/ 3rd Choice

Enyeama/Aiyenugba/Ejide

Yusuf/Adefemi/Odiah Apam/Adeleye Shittu/Yobo Echiejile/Taiwo

Mikel/Ajilore/Ayila Kaita/Lukman

Rabiu/Promise/Obodo

Uche/Obasi Martins/Osaze Nsofor/Eneramo

Wildcards:
One natural Winger- Moses? Aluko? Okoro? Anyone,
One natural Attacking Midfielder- Home based or from somewhere please,

Odiah and Adefemi are both better than Yusuf when attacking but Yusuf seems to be a better defender and more rugged. Adefemi is my personal favorite.
Notice also the exclusion of Ayila, Olofinjana and Etuhu. Ayila has not played the way he did in the 2006 nations cup for a long time and Olofinjana is old and getting tired. Etuhu is just not convincing. None of them have good ball distribution.
Eneramo gets the nod over Yakubu, Kalu and Akpala because he has shown more hunger. Isaac Promise gets a place because he is the best natural supporting striker we have (another option is Ezekiel Bala).
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 10:26am On Feb 03, 2010
mojojojo:

Isaac Promise gets a place because he is the best natural supporting striker we have (another option is Ezekiel Bala).

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by ow11(m): 10:37am On Feb 03, 2010
Isaac Promise gets a place because he is the best natural supporting striker we have (another option is Ezekiel Bala).

Shocking statement!! Maybe you watch the Turkish league and know something Promise himself doesn't, No
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by semid4lyfe(m): 10:46am On Feb 03, 2010
Isaac Promise is a dead log of wood jare. That guy is $h!t personified. Old age dey worry am badly. . . .Holland 2005, he flopped. . . . .Beijing 2008, he flopped. . . . That guy couldn't play well to save his life. He's even worse than Kanu IMO. Best Natural Support Striker ko, worst artificial support striker ni.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 10:49am On Feb 03, 2010
ow11:

Shocking statement!! Maybe you watch the Turkish league and know something Promise himself doesn't, No

i tire oo sad

semid4lyfe:

Isaac Promise is a dead log of wood jare. That guy is $h!t personified. Old age dey worry am badly. . . .Holland 2005, he flopped. . . . .Beijing 2008, he flopped. . . . That guy couldn't play well to save his life. He's even worse than Kanu IMO. Best Natural Support Striker ko, worst artificial support striker ni.

man, i tire too oo sad sad angry
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by snakova(m): 6:50pm On Feb 08, 2010
honeric01:

i tire oo sad
I tire oo grin
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 11:26pm On Feb 09, 2010
i have just changed my mind, no more taiye taiwo and obafemi martins in my squad, i am removing them for their unprofessional character exhibited at the just concluded nations cup.

those to replace them shall come up soon.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by semid4lyfe(m): 10:50am On Feb 10, 2010
Fill me in. . . .wetin Taiwo and Martins do?
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 11:07pm On Feb 10, 2010
for criticizing their coach in public as if they weren't part of the problem, it's grossly irresponsible for a player to criticize his coach or any of his fellow player in public.

remember the Arsenal turmoil?
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by semid4lyfe(m): 12:20am On Feb 11, 2010
I don treat the matter for that Kanu-Amodu thread. I agree with u. . . .dem f.cuck up no be small.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 2:07am On Feb 11, 2010
Wetin u talk?
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by snakova(m): 3:55pm On Feb 12, 2010
Cristiano criticized sir alex after the CL final against barca. Osaze criticized him. This guys are just being honest. They don't want to 'fill the blanks' when the WC starts. cool
The fact that so many 'senior' players openly criticized him shows he doesn't have control of his team. Mostly, it happens when the coach has a beef with a player. But when your two captains all criticize you in the open, you gotta take a second look at yourself. That all said, it was wrong of them.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 10:36pm On Feb 14, 2010
snakova:

Cristiano criticized sir alex after the CL final against barca. Osaze criticized him. This guys are just being honest.

And when C. Ronaldo criticized Ferguson, what did Ferguson do? i hope you remember what he did to him? when Nani also criticized Ferguson, i hope you know what he also did to him? you don't criticize your coach, rather, you criticize the whole team, or was it Amodu that kept wasting chances upon chances created by Mikel that should have resulted to almost 4 goals against Ghana?

the overall conclusion is that, all of the team fumbled and no one is spared, so any of them should not try to pull one down to make themselves better because must of all these players that criticized the coach were the same people that made us fail.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by snakova(m): 1:15pm On Feb 15, 2010
Then why is it you have all these coaches scrambling to take up the SE job? Don't you think its rather strange for winners like Hiddink and Trapattoni to all want to coach the SE? IS it cot they arnt well paid, or cos they see potential to do something great? Our boys can do better, thats all they want all of you to see. Osaze figuratively said in the interview on brilla: IF you are a goal down and you are palying 3 defensive minded midfielders, whats the sense in that? His selection, execution, and overall technical ability was called into question all through the ANC. You picked injured strikers, so don't blame them for missing the target all too often. wink
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 1:41pm On Feb 15, 2010
Keep dreaming, we keep hearing different coaches clamoring for the position, except the nff is changed, no coach is going to work well, maybe they have different rules for white coaches who knows.

by the way, if he hadn't picked most of those people he picked, people like you would still find something to say about him.

some people just don't like his face, let's be frank, people just insult that man for no reason.

anyways, now that he's out of the way, has our problems been solved? i hope you have read about how people from nff picking 34 players for the team B, if they knew they could do that, why bother for a coach in the first place?

you want to play a friendly on the 3rd of march without a coach and it's also nff thats going to pick the players.

i laugh!
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by snakova(m): 3:03pm On Feb 15, 2010
Have you forgotten so soon about Vogts who opted to coach SE from Germany? Of course Oyinbo have privileges that our country men won't have (like Capello is more respected than his predecessor). Hiddink can work his magic. Don't forget what he did with Scolari's team at Chelsea, bring the trophy-less run to an end. People may hate Amodu's face, but he hasn't done any good in silencing his critics. Ivory Coast are already searching for a replacement for their own coach, despite his stunning qualifying campaign. Amodu just doesn't have what it takes to lead SE to the next level. Of coruse, you can't hire someone on the 28th of Feb, and expect a result from him on the 3rd of march. I'd already said it on one of my reply's that it's both Amodu and the NFF's faults. IF the NFF had more will power, it could have hired a technical assistant (like it did for Siasia) for Amodu b4 the ANC. But cos Amodu "did not want to share his glory with oyibo", we are left in this quagmire. Lets hope they (NFF) actually want to get things right. Hiddink is my pick for the job. He can rescue our WC bid in 3 months plus. He rescued Chelsea after the January window. We have talent abound. IF he uses the whole Heartland FC team, and takes us to the SF of the WC, who cares if Martins or Osaze didn't make the team? When Shehata benched Mido there was an uproar in the whole country. But after he delivered the ANC in 06, he was vindicated. And now Mido can't even make the team. If Amodu knows what hew is doing, let him show it and not continue using this
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 3:24pm On Feb 15, 2010
you can keep typing from the comfort of your pc, as if it's that easy.

anyways, trap is no longer available

and i know hiddink won't come either

metsu would be the only one you guys can count on.

you want a coach to perform well, yet he's not given the free hand to work, but once he's white, he's allowed to come to work one week in a month, can you imagine that?

to get hiddink, nff have to cough out $300m to pay him
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by snakova(m): 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2010
honeric01:

you can keep typing from the comfort of your pc, as if it's that easy.
anyways, trap is no longer available
and i know hiddink won't come either
metsu would be the only one you guys can count on.
you want a coach to perform well, yet he's not given the free hand to work, but once he's white, he's allowed to come to work one week in a month, can you imagine that?
to get hiddink, nff have to cough out $300m to pay him
This guy no be dollars o. In any case he's agreed to take a massive pay cut just to take naija to WC.
Look, russia's next home grown coach won't get half of Guus Hiddink's salary. That's what it takes to be a mecenary, you earn the big bucks. Even Shehata is rated above Amodu and he's African. I am sure he'd get paid more than twice Amodu's salary if he was hired. I haven't seen the thread where Trap renounced his claim to the naija gaffer's throne. Or could it be related to Guus Hiddink's sudden resignation from his russia post to take up the naija job? Time would tell, but you know Trap was not even considered initially. It was until he showed interest that he was even included in the shortlist. That said, Hiddink is miles away the man for the job ahead of Trap. Hiddink's got international success in his CV, not so Trap.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 11:44pm On Feb 15, 2010
snakova:

This guy no be dollars o. In any case he's agreed to take a massive pay cut just to take naija to WC.
Look, russia's next home grown coach won't get half of Guus Hiddink's salary. That's what it takes to be a mecenary, you earn the big bucks. Even Shehata is rated above Amodu and he's African. I am sure he'd get paid more than twice Amodu's salary if he was hired. I haven't seen the thread where Trap renounced his claim to the naija gaffer's throne. Or could it be related to Guus Hiddink's sudden resignation from his russia post to take up the naija job? Time would tell, but you know Trap was not even considered initially. It was until he showed interest that he was even included in the shortlist. That said, Hiddink is miles away the man for the job ahead of Trap. Hiddink's got international success in his CV, not so Trap.

what makes you think hiddink is taking a pay cut because of the SE? be reminded that he's not only needed by the nff, other countries want him too and he'd be wise not to come to Nigeria.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by snakova(m): 11:44am On Feb 16, 2010
honeric01:

what makes you think hiddink is taking a pay cut because of the SE? be reminded that he's not only needed by the nff, other countries want him too and he'd be wise not to come to Nigeria.
His agent said he'd take a pay cut. Anyways, it appears he's going to Turkey. Bad for naija, really bad.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 12:02pm On Feb 16, 2010
snakova:

His agent said he'd take a pay cut. Anyways, it appears he's going to Turkey. Bad for naija, really bad.

that's why i said no world class coach is jobless, so the NFF will end up getting you guys one yeye oyinbo man as coach.

Amodu, don't worry, you are going to laugh last and those unless players you were forced to use are going to be disappointed for what is to befall them sooner or later.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by snakova(m): 7:44pm On Feb 17, 2010
honeric01:

Amodu, don't worry, you are going to laugh last and those unless players you were forced to use are going to be disappointed for what is to befall them sooner or later.
So its actually about Amodu laughing last, and not about a good performance by the SE at the WC
highlighted: Only a degenerate would allow himself to be used as you claim Amodu's been used. He's not worthy of the throne
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 10:26am On Feb 18, 2010
snakova:

So its actually about Amodu laughing last, and not about a good performance by the SE at the WC
highlighted: Only a degenerate would allow himself to be used as you claim Amodu's been used. He's not worthy of the throne

guy, we are talking too much, amodu still remains the headcoach and its only a TA they are looking for. imagine amodu without technical abilities and with no technical adviser assisting him, yet he achieved all he has achieved so far? every sensible organization always employ a coach and a ta but amodu's case was different.

anyways, we shall see what happens.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by snakova(m): 3:09pm On Feb 19, 2010
No be Amodu talk say e no wan work with oyinbo, make e no share im glory
He's outdone himself and still can't accept he's lost, again.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 4:53pm On Feb 19, 2010
snakova:

No be Amodu talk say e no wan work with oyinbo, make e no share im glory
He's outdone himself and still can't accept he's lost, again.

how how did he lose?
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by slimghost(m): 7:42pm On Feb 19, 2010
Enyeama
Ejide
Aiyenugba
Taiwo
Echiejile
Adefemi
Apam
Shittu
Adeleye
any other strong defender
Yobo
Ayila
Nwankwo
Mikel
Rabiu
Lukman
Odemwegie
ike Uche
Obasi
Martins
Nsofor
Kalu Uche
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by snakova(m): 12:40pm On Feb 24, 2010
He's not going to take the glory even if he's accorded a seat in the bus, for the third time. Hoddle is ok.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Onazi Joins Turkish Club Trabzonspor From Lazio / Man United Stop Selling Greenwood's Shirt Online As Nike Suspends Relationship. / The European Court Of Justice Has Authorised The Creation Of The Super League

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.