Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,738 members, 7,952,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:08 AM

Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. (13755 Views)

List Of Super Eagles Squad for Egypt Game / Emenike Rejects Invitation Back To The Super Eagles Squad / Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Kgdavid(m): 4:31pm On May 02, 2010
honeric01:

Una ranting is not needed, Kaita was included in the 45 man list, if he can out-space the rest 4s on the list, then he's good to be at the world cup, let see if he would be 1 out of the probably 3 DM Lagerbeer would take to SA.

this thread is about who we prefer to be in the squad isnt it? has nothing to do with ranting. how has he "out spaced" anyone??
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Iyineda(m): 11:58am On May 16, 2010
I know this is unlikely but what do you guys think of a 3-5-2 formation for the SE? I got the idea from the following article: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Sport/Football/5568207-147/lagerback_gambles_on_talent_and_fitness.csp
This would be the line-up:

Enyeama

Apam   Yobo   Afolabi

Odiah      Mikel     Etuhu      Taiwo

Odemwingie (c)

Martins       Obasi

With this formation, our midfield, which lacks creativity, is more compact and dense. Taiwo would have more freedom going upfront with Afolabi covering him. Odemwingie can be a creative midfielder if he is given the chance. I noticed during Angola 2010 that although Amodu played him on the wings, he often took the liberty to stray in the middle and dictate the game.

Regular subs: Nsofor - for one of the 2 forwards or for Osaze if he isn't performing,
Haruna - for Etuhu if we need more attacking pace,
Kanu - for one of the 2 forwards if we need to control the game/slow things a little.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by semid4lyfe(m): 4:23pm On May 16, 2010
Iyineda:

I know this is unlikely but what do you guys think of a 3-5-2 formation for the SE? I got the idea from the following article: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Sport/Football/5568207-147/lagerback_gambles_on_talent_and_fitness.csp

Enyeama

Apam   Yobo   Afolabi

Odiah      Mikel     Etuhu      Taiwo

Odemwingie (c)

Martins       Obasi

With this formation, our midfield, which lacks creativity, is more compact and dense. Taiwo would have more freedom going upfront with Afolabi covering him. Odemwingie can be a creative midfielder if he is given the chance. I noticed during Angola 2010 that although Amodu played him on the wings, he often took the liberty to stray in the middle and dictate the game.

Regular subs: Nsofor - for one of the 2 forwards or for Osaze if he isn't performing,
Haruna - for Etuhu if we need more attacking pace,
Kanu - for one of the 2 forwards if we need to control the game/slow things a little.
No Kaita?. . . you must be the wackest cyber-coach on Nairaland
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by 12large: 5:06pm On May 16, 2010
semid4life keita is totally rubbish, against argentina we need someone that can defend but can also pass long ball but am sorry keita is useless is all the department except man marking, he should not even be in the team at all
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Iyineda(m): 5:31pm On May 16, 2010
semid4lyfe:

No Kaita?. . . you must be the wackest cyber-coach on Nairaland

Err. . . Ok, add your Kaita dear in the equation. Can you at least tell me what you think about the FORMATION?
Thx.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by semid4lyfe(m): 7:23pm On May 16, 2010
12large:

semid4life keita is totally rubbish, against argentina we need someone that can defend but can also pass long ball but am sorry keita is useless is all the department except man marking, he should not even be in the team at all
In your miserable and pathetic life, never you mention my name in your post again.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by DrKitaun(m): 8:28pm On May 16, 2010
who is this irritant called 12large yapping tosh all over the place sef ?

una no fit put am for hin place because I no dey current for this side like b4 ni ?
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 9:24pm On May 16, 2010
12larger, please respect yourself and stop insulting or picking on other posters.

be warned.

thanks
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by snakova(m): 12:51pm On May 17, 2010
Iyineda:

Err. . . Ok, add your Kaita dear in the equation. Can you at least tell me what you think about the FORMATION?
Thx.

This is a nice one. kudos and i like the subs. good thinking
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by SleekReek(m): 8:34pm On May 17, 2010
Err. . . Ok, add your Kaita dear in the equation. Can you at least tell me what you think about the FORMATION?
Thx.

@snakova the formation is great but would not work with Nigeria,to play 3-5-2 you must have very solid defenders,whose work rate and experience need to be impecable,we don't have such world class defenders,one well orchestrated penetrative pass from Veron through such a dense midfield to Messi or Higuain will spell doom for Nigeria with such a backline formation.I believe the best formation is a 4-3-1-2 with 2 DM in the middle.

For those who don't like Sanni Kaita,listen to the reasons Lagerback gave for picking him and you will realise that what we can't see as ordinary spectators a grounded coach can see,Kaita is rugged,tactically disciplined and follows instruction to the letter,another Garba Lawal.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by semid4lyfe(m): 9:57pm On May 17, 2010
How dare you compare Sanni Kaita to Garba Lawal?. . .Sanni Kaita is far better than Garba Lawal.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 10:15pm On May 17, 2010
semid4lyfe:

How dare you compare Sanni Kaita to Garba Lawal?. . .Sanni Kaita is far better than Garba Lawal.

what the heck? when did you start watching ball? why would you even compare both in the first place apart from the zeal and discipline part?

Garba Lawal was one of the most consistent 3/11 we had for almost a decade, you shouldn't disrespect that man who represented us both with passion and patriotism.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by semid4lyfe(m): 11:00pm On May 17, 2010
Honeric, cool down. . .I am not casting aspersion on Garba Lawal's passion, patriotism  and commitment to the National team. He was always an early comer to camp, punctual, loyal to coaches and all that. I'm only saying as a footballer (technical and tactical ability considered), Sanni Kaita is  BETTER. The only edge Garba Lawal has over the present Sanni Kaita is his versatility, and ability to play different positions. . . Left Back, 11 and DM but don't forget he wasn't a master of any of those positions and wasn't as effective in any of those positions as Sanni Kaita is in defensive midfield.

Was Garba Lawal a very good left back. . .NO
Was Garba Lawal very good Defensive Midfielder. . .NO
Was Garba Lawal a good 11. . .NO
HE WAS JUST AVERAGE IN ALL OF THESE POSITIONS. . .perhaps less than average as an 11.

Is Sanni Kaita a very good Defensive Midfielder. . .YES HE IS. He's the best to play that position for the Super Eagles since Sunday Oliseh IMO. He's the reason why Mikel Obi shone like a million stars in Holland 2005. He had a solid performance in Beijing 2008 and his performance in Angola 2010 was exceptional.
[center]AND[/center]
To answer your 1st question. . .I've been following  Naija footie since the mid-80's
[center]AND[/center]
Before one dunce like that comes here and refers to me as Hausa mallam cos of my effusive praise of Sanni Kaita. . .I AM FROM THE SOUTHERN PART OF THIS COUNTRY AND NOT THE NORTH. . .not that there is anything wrong with being from the North anyway
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 9:17am On May 18, 2010
@Semid

You're missing one point here bro, Lawal was never a 1st team DM, infact, i don't think he was ever used in that position (in a serious game) through out his playing time so why should he be compared to Kaita? he played as a LWB, LF and LM 98% of the time he played and he was always favored more than any other player we had at that position at that time. one thing i want you to know is that our current squad is made up of average players and even decades ago, we only have few above average players so lawal's case should not be exempted.

One more thing, it was not only his passion and discipline that made coaches like him at that time, it was partly because he did his job well, wherever he was placed, he did his job well and the coaches saw that he was a good executor, what else do you want from such a player whose playing time was always praised by his coaches? an utility player like lawal should not be under-rated the way you've been doing so far. As for your rating, that's for you and i know that alot of people would disagree with the ratings you gave him, he was a good player and he did his job perfectly, i know how many times he saved us from defeat incase you don't know and i also know how many times he played his heart out even when the rest were below par.

I am no aboki myself, and i don't hate Kaita, infact, I'm one of the many that favors kaita over some of our present DMs, Kaita must make that 23 man list, but for you to downplay the work ethnic of Lawal in his playing days was wrong of you. He must have been doing something right throughout his 10yrs or more of playing for Nigeria because all the coaches kept selecting him.

All the same, i want kaita in SA.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by semid4lyfe(m): 1:14pm On May 18, 2010
honeric01:

@Semid

You're missing one point here bro, Lawal was never a 1st team DM, infact, i don't think he was ever used in that position (in a serious game) through out his playing time so why should he be compared to Kaita? he played as a LWB, LF and LM 98% of the time he played and he was always favored more than any other player we had at that position at that time. one thing i want you to know is that our current squad is made up of average players and even decades ago, we only have few above average players so lawal's case should not be exempted.

One more thing, it was not only his passion and discipline that made coaches like him at that time, it was partly because he did his job well, wherever he was placed, he did his job well and the coaches saw that he was a good executor, what else do you want from such a player whose playing time was always praised by his coaches? an utility player like lawal should not be under-rated the way you've been doing so far. As for your rating, that's for you and i know that alot of people would disagree with the ratings you gave him, he was a good player and he did his job perfectly, i know how many times he saved us from defeat incase you don't know and i also know how many times he played his heart out even when the rest were below par.

I am no aboki myself, and i don't hate Kaita, infact, I'm one of the many that favors kaita over some of our present DMs, Kaita must make that 23 man list, but for you to downplay the work ethnic of Lawal in his playing days was wrong of you. He must have been doing something right throughout his 10yrs or more of playing for Nigeria because all the coaches kept selecting him.

All the same, i want kaita in SA.

As you be my oga, make I nor argue with you. Believe me, if my elder bro reads what I posted about Garba Lawal, im go woze me slap becos im like the guy die. . .so l concede this lil' debate to you.

On Sanni Kaita, I'll take it further and say he must be any starting 11 fielded by Nigeria in SA.

By the way, something tells me the home-based right-back defender, Terna Suswan of Lobi Stars will make the final team to SA.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 2:46pm On May 18, 2010
semid4lyfe:

As you be my oga, make I nor argue with you. Believe me, if my elder bro reads what I posted about Garba Lawal, im go woze me slap becos im like the guy die. . .so l concede this lil' debate to you.

On Sanni Kaita, I'll take it further and say he must be any starting 11 fielded by Nigeria in SA.

By the way, something tells me the home-based right-back defender, Terna Suswan of Lobi Stars will make the final team to SA.

You are learning cool cool cool
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by kofinti1(m): 3:21pm On May 18, 2010
this nigerian squad, mmmmmmmmmmmm, what shud i say, nutin, i just believe in my blackstars squad!!!!!!
the only player i like in this squad is odewinge and mikel, the other 28 are just average players,
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by kennyjewels: 10:16pm On May 20, 2010
don't fall my hand, say something Grin Grin Grin Grin

Nigerians are good at insulting any under-performing coach in charge of the super eagles, so show your skills, shine man Grin Grin Grin

Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Kgdavid(m): 10:19am On May 21, 2010
appart from essien, apppiah and prince boateng(even him is doubtfull) please enlighten me as to who the non average players in the black stars squad are? muntari has established himself firmly in the cadre of the mediocre so dont mention him
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Nobody: 11:35am On May 21, 2010
Iyineda:

Enyeama

Apam Yobo Afolabi

Odiah Mikel Etuhu Taiwo

Odemwingie (c)

Martins Obasi

Wonderful! This formation is wonderful.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by DrKitaun(m): 11:59am On May 22, 2010
Wonderful indeed! Who plays d LB role 4rm dt Iyineda's list?
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by snakova(m): 7:07pm On May 22, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Wonderful indeed! Who plays d LB role 4rm dt Iyineda's list?
Dr Kitaun welcome back. LB is Taiwo. I guess the formation is amphibious i.e. one that changes. I think its just another way of playing a 5-3-2 or 5-2-3 or 3-5-2 against Argentina depending on various factors like the scoreline, tempo, pressure, messi's intent e.t.c.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 2:24pm On May 24, 2010
You try.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Iyineda(m): 3:45pm On May 24, 2010
^ Who? Me? grin

babaearly:

Wonderful! This formation is wonderful.

Thx a lot. ^^'
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 4:13pm On May 24, 2010
Nope, me grin grin grin
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by rasputinn(m): 9:30pm On May 24, 2010
Did anbody see the game between South Korea and Japan?the koreans were not really that skillful,but those boys were running all over the pitch like some he goats high on conc.ganja.They will run Yobo ragged,to think we were only concerned about Argentina.

Adieu Super Eagles
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by makajibbz(m): 9:33pm On May 24, 2010
thats the thing, the might not br big and skillful, but they're more disciplined than soldiers!!!
you cant say the same abt the eagles,
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by rasputinn(m): 10:03pm On May 24, 2010
Okay,I'll need some deep sleep to really dream up a dream super eagles team,the one I came up with earlier was more like a nightmare super eagles squad
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by Iyineda(m): 10:16pm On May 24, 2010
Are you guys kidding me South Korea not skilled with the ball Did we watch the same match at all
Those guys can ball! They are both skilled AND highly athletic, not in terms of physical strength but stamina. The Red Devils (their nickname) will be very tricky to play against. The only things we have on the East Asians are a bit more body mass and a few more individualities.

They play like a TEAM. I hope Lars has taken note.

Anywhoo, for tomorrow's match against Saudi Arabia, here's the lineup I predict:

Enyeama

Yobo    Afolabi
Odiah                              Taiwo

Etuhu
            Kaita     Haruna

Obasi      Yakubu     Osaze

Subs: Apam, Shittu, P. Utaka, Anichebe, Suswan (all at half time), I. Uche and maybe Kanu , K. Uche or J. Utaka.

I don't think he will use Martins and Nsofor in this one. He already knows how they ball.

Yeah, I predict upto 7 substitutions (hopefully).
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 10:31pm On May 24, 2010
rasputinn:

Did anbody see the game between South Korea and Japan?the koreans [b]were not really that skillful,[/b]but those boys were running all over the pitch like some he goats high on conc.ganja.They will run Yobo ragged,to think we were only concerned about Argentina.

Adieu Super Eagles

joking right? who's not skillful? go and ask the Italians, the Portuguese and co what S. Korea did to them, they are fast and very skillful, not strong, but can endure pains and tiredness, so una better wake up from una slumber.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by snakova(m): 11:32am On May 25, 2010
honeric01:

joking right? who's not skillful? go and ask the Italians, the Portuguese and co what S. Korea did to them, they are fast and very skillful, not strong, but can endure pains and tiredness, so una better wake up from una slumber.
That was in 2002, under Guus Hiddink, and with the clear help of the Referee against Italy. That said, football is not all about running but tactics. Its easy to slow down a lesser team. Mourinho's Inter was not the fastest or smartest, but the most efficient.
Re: Your Dream Super Eagles Squad For South Africa 2010 Worldcup. by honeric01(m): 9:17pm On May 25, 2010
snakova:

That was in 2002, under Guus Hiddink, and with the clear help of the Referee against Italy. That said, football is not all about running but tactics. Its easy to slow down a lesser team. Mourinho's Inter was not the fastest or smartest, but the most efficient.

Do you know that this S. Korean team was one of the first to qualify for the worldcup? do you know that they beat japan 2 0 just yesterday? let me tell you now, that team was built by hiddink and the same team has not been disbanded, they are mostly the same players hiddink left and if you follow them closely, you'd see they are playing with discipline and tactics. they are skill-less nor tactless, go watch them play bro.

I hope you watched the SE play today? do you see this kinda SE beating the SK that played yesterday? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

EPL: Why Critics Should Never Doubt Cristiano Ronaldo Again - Matic / Levante Set To Sign Super Eagles Defender, Omeruo From Chelsea For €5million / Aregbesola, P-sqaure, DJ Cuppy, Others Tweet To Congratulate The Super Falcons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.