Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,741 members, 7,889,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:57 AM

Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? (4210 Views)

Funny Placards Of GEJ & Buhari In Chatham House Today / 'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare / Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by luvola(m): 8:58am On Jan 16, 2010
@ aisha -u a muslim
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by marvix(m): 9:05am On Jan 16, 2010
@princekevo don't u tink u are d one bein naïve is d bible a complete record of happenings in Isreal when Jesus was alive. Who was Barnabas that was released by Pilate instead of Jesus,he was a militant who fought d govt at dat time go into the history of d isrealites then u will know that their wars didn't just start with world war. Now Jesus took on the pharisee he took them up on spiritual matters but remember wen he was arrested they laid all sorts of accusations he never protested. Mayb u are not aware that d Jews expected a messiah to liberate them frm d Romans but Jesus knew his mission so he was not carried away unlike this pastors who hav joined a protest they didn't understand. The pastors should concentrate on their callin nd who says Soyinka isn't a politician or all those in d protest were not politicians, man is a political animal and once u start havin a political view u are ultimately a politician
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by MrCrackles(m): 9:08am On Jan 16, 2010
Topic. . . .
If he wants to, why not undecided
Pastors have to do everything to remain relevant in the society as well as repair the damaged image caused by the continuous plundering of tithes wink
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by sammyzacks(m): 9:28am On Jan 16, 2010
We are a 'Nehemiah Generation' . Christianity is not what you do in church, it is what you do outside church. Jesus said we should preach the gospel to all the worlds. The world includes politics, banking, family, oil and gas, education, entertainment,etc. We are the salt of the earth, to give meaning to this world. Nehemiah though a holy man of God, led the revolution towards the rebuilding of he broken walls of Jerusalem.

Ladies and gentlemen, brothers and sisters, there is no better time than now for Christians to pick up active roles towards rebuilding the broken structures of our country. The reason why with all the churches we have in Nigeria, evil is still prevailing is because we have refused to take Christianity outside the four corners of the church.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by mbulela: 9:32am On Jan 16, 2010
marvix:

@kobo I stil tink u are wrong to say he neglected his duties witout informin anyone about where he was goin, remember we were all told he had pericarduatis nd had gone to Saudi what other declaration do we need. On the issue of protest we quite agree if they had com out to say Enuf is Enuf it wld hav bin Ok but u saw what they ended up doing nd for a pastor to be among them I insist is a pity at most he should organise his protest with his followers in prayer nd fasting

all these prayer,prayer talk all over the place is nauseating.
have you not heard that faith without works is dead?
there comes a time that even to pray is a sin.
there comes a time when a man must get up from his bended knees and stand.
stand for truth.
stand against tyranny.
stand against docility.
stand against rascality and deceit.

the time is now.
the time for only prayer has past.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by mbulela: 9:33am On Jan 16, 2010
sammyzacks:

We are a 'Nehemiah Generation' . Christianity is not what you do in church, it is what you do outside church. Jesus said we should preach the gospel to all the worlds. The world includes politics, banking, family, oil and gas, education, entertainment,etc. We are the salt of the earth, to give meaning to this world. Nehemiah though a holy man of God, led the revolution towards the rebuilding of he broken walls of Jerusalem.

Ladies and gentlemen, brothers and sisters, there is no better time than now for Christians to pick up active roles towards rebuilding the broken structures of our country. The reason why with all the churches we have in Nigeria, evil is still prevailing is because we have refused to take Christianity outside the four corners of the church.
dem no dey preach dat one for Nigerian churches.
na only 'who wants to be a millionaire' sermon they preach.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by princekevo(m): 10:37am On Jan 16, 2010
marvix:

@princekevo don't u tink u are d one bein naïve is d bible a complete record of happenings in Isreal when Jesus was alive. Who was Barnabas that was released by Pilate instead of Jesus,he was a militant who fought d govt at dat time go into the history of d isrealites then u will know that their wars didn't just start with world war. Now Jesus took on the pharisee he took them up on spiritual matters but remember wen he was arrested they laid all sorts of accusations he never protested. Mayb u are not aware that d Jews expected a messiah to liberate them frm d Romans but Jesus knew his mission so he was not carried away unlike this pastors who hav joined a protest they didn't understand. The pastors should concentrate on their callin nd who says Soyinka isn't a politician or all those in d protest were not politicians, man is a political animal and once u start havin a political view u are ultimately a politician
My brother if Jesus had your mentality he wouldnt be crucified in the first place. Read Mathew 23:14 you will see that Jesus was charged with what we call 'Treason' today( miss leading people against the law and declaring himself as the King while herod was still alive). Though they miss-understood his gospel. He died for the truth in the hand of the Authourities.

Taht is exactly what Bakare is doing, Speaking out the truth, standing for the truth, fighting for the truth and dying for the truth. What is the truth in the present Nigerian situation today? That a man whom we all Know is incapacitated to lead the country refused to hand over power to the able bodied men. He left country to take care of his health, but failed to do the proper thing stated by the constitution for such departure. Thereby creating a power Vaccum, leaving country without a leader for almost 60days now. So i dont see anythin wrong in a man of God going on the street speaking out the truth and demanding the right thing to be done. If you think otherwise then u are nothing but a hypocrites christ talked abt.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 16, 2010
luvola:

@ aisha -u a muslim
No dear, am a christain, Baptised and communicant member of a bible believing church
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by chidichris(m): 10:51am On Jan 16, 2010
@poster,
i would want remind us of the other pastors who dine and wine with aso rock occupants in the name of praying for them and the country.
most of our pastors have their daily bread provided by these same politicians who have left the major part of this population in abject hunger and poverty and from this, we will accept the fact that we have two categories of pastors here so the question can be changed to; which of the camps is better for bakare and the ppl of nigeria.
on issues like this, one has to consider whose interest the pastor is protecting.
the pastor is not insisting on removing the pastor rather he is insisting on the use of the constitution.
we must not forget that bakare is a lawyer by profession.
if he is not a pastor, i think he would have been a human right activist.
he is speaking the minds of majority of nigerians and he has been the voice of the voiceless masses even from the days of the military.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by otokx(m): 11:12am On Jan 16, 2010
Its high time we all get tired of sending our prayers to the clouds; lets make a positive impact in our own little corner by doing the right thing.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by 77ken: 11:45am On Jan 16, 2010
answer to question YES[b][/b][size=18
pt]
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by blacksta(m): 11:53am On Jan 16, 2010
What is true Christianity without living it - Tunde Bakare Heaven backs you - Evil prevails when the righteous remain quiet . All this two faced Nigerians sef. One minute you are labelled docile, cowards and praying to much . Now you stand for your right they still complain.

I maintain " The movement of change does not require many but a few who are dedicated , united against bad goverance. "
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by frenchman(m): 1:40pm On Jan 16, 2010
I am not a xtian, but the action of Tunde Bakare has endeared me to the xtian faith. If there are many of his likes in xtianity and islam,our country will be a lot better for it.
Our so called men of God will prefer to wine and dine with the politicians as long as they stand to benefit from waivers and contracts from government. We know how many pastors were rushing to Aso Rock then to pray for OBJ, if yaradua were a xtian, you would have seen them praying and fasting for his speedy recovery. The other joker pastor that wanted to contest the Presidency, the other time, where does he stand on this or he is no longer in Nigeria?
Pastor Tunde Bakare, I salute your courage to stand up against corruption and tyranny, may the Lord continue to strengthen you.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by proudly9ja(m): 2:18pm On Jan 16, 2010
I leave you marvis with this quote:

First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out.

--- Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984)

Maybe Christians should keep quiet and let the injustice continue. The day they (the thieving politicians) come for us, there will be noone to speak out.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by bibiking1(m): 2:23pm On Jan 16, 2010
It is a lot more disturbing that other pastors have not joined in the struggle for freedom!
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by MAYOWAAK: 2:24pm On Jan 16, 2010
EVIL TRIUMPHS WHEN MEN OF GOODWILL KEEP QUIET IN TIMES OF CRISES,EDMUND BURKE,ONCE OBSERVED.

THE PARTICIPATION OF CLERGYMEN  IN PROTESTS AND DEMONSTRATION IS NOT NOVEL IN OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD WHERE THE STRUGGLE FOR EMACIPATION REACHED ITS CRESCENDO.FEW EXAMPLES WILL SUFFICE HERE:MARTIN LUTHER KING ,JESSE JACKSON IN AMERICA,JANAN LUWUM IN UGANDA DURING IDI-AMIN'S DESPOTIC REGIME,JAIME SIN IN THE PHILIPINES,DESMOND TUTU OF SOUTH AFICA,SO MUCH SO HE WON THE NOBEL PRIZE FOR PEACE IN 1984 WHEN APARTHEID WAS THE ORDER OF THE DAY.

On a final note,I think Bakare should be commended for his efforts because he can choose to stay in his[b] COMFORT ZONE.[/b]
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by proudly9ja(m): 2:56pm On Jan 16, 2010
What we should be doing is to support Bakare for convening this SAVE NIGERIA GROUP. We should also work with them to ensure that it doesn't end with protests or making Jonathan President but also ensuring that we have a free and fair election come 2010/2011.

I am tired of hearing people say ''if God did not wan Yaradua he won't be president''. That is the kind of mentality that is killing us slowly, when we begin to ascribe our weaknesses and wickedness to God. In the Bible, when the people rejected Samuel and asked for a king, God, even though it wasn't what He wanted for the people, He still gave them what they wanted. That is because as God's people, He has promised us that when we asked, we shall receive.
Nigerians have constantly asked for wicked leaders and that's why we keep getting them. Gani after losing out in the 2003 elections said, ''the people deserve the government they get''. And thats the truth. We ask for wicked leaders by sitting down and doing nothing. We ask for wicked leaders when we fold our hands and allow mediocres rig elections. We ask for wicked leaders when we are afraid to speak out the truth at the pulpit. We ask for wicked leaders when at the time we should be screaming ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, we sit on our behinds and condemn those who are in the fore front of change.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by jimmysho(m): 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2010
why not if not? he must practice what he preaches. some of us in the church when we hear pastor preach about the nation or express his conviction and belief about our motherland, we conclude their is still hope. he is a man of God that i will be forever grateful to God for. He has opened nmy eyes to several things that were left for the "unbelievers" Today, am happy that the struggle to reclaim our lost glory is on course and my dear pastor is not just talking but acting simultaneously. carry on pastor Tunde. we will surely get there. nigeria will flourish again
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by REALTRUTH1: 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2010
bibiking1:

It is a lot more disturbing that other pastors have not joined in the struggle for freedom!
The reason why most of theother pastor have not joined is simply because the thieving politicians still pay tithes to these pastors and these pastors does not have the moral right to condemn their political customers cum members.
Its terribly sad and fearful when I read how twisted some peoples comments here as concernning Tunde Bakare's involvement in this protest.
Nigerian clergy and their followers are the major problem affecting the emancipation of the country at large.When ur Pastors brainwash to the point that you can not question ur pastor in the light of their failed and wrong doing that simply is the hight of religion.
Its only an uninformed Christian would be expecting me to quote the bible or history of christian leaders involvement in bringing sanity to their variuos country.Even if it means the death of such christian leaders that in itself would ultimately bring the deliverance and salvation the people yearns for.
John the Baptist was beheaded because of his opposition against the King,,,also Martin Luther King,,,,Martin Luther Kings death is now celebrated in the USA,,,,on Monday January 18th is now a Public holiday in the USA in honour of Reverend Martin Luther King,,,
I have always said ,,,,and I will continue to say,,,,Pastor Tunde Bakare is probably about the only Pastor I respect in Nigeria!!!!
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by texazzpete(m): 6:45pm On Jan 16, 2010
marvix:

@aisha u are mixin up issues if the pastors questioned the leadership of their association lik CAN or leadership within their church no problem. What happened wen Herod beheaded John,Jesus' forerunner even his disciples wanted him to act what abt wen he was asked to pay tax he went ahead and paid even though d taxes were considered wrong by his people the Jews also wen they came to arrest him did he protest instead he performed yet another miracle in their midst,  Pls I ask again wen Jesus was here on earth how many times did he rise against any government?

How many times did Jesus demand his followers to pay tithes to him and to 'sow seed'?

That hasn't stopped Nigerian pastors from gladly carrying out this practice, hasn't it?
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by Odunnu: 8:22pm On Jan 16, 2010
NLanderz u guys r jst awesome!
What has thithes got 2do wt Tunde &Placards?
Why r u digressing
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by Odunnu: 8:24pm On Jan 16, 2010
Why r u digressing
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by monkeyleg: 8:28pm On Jan 16, 2010
If the good Pastor feels so strong about the cause, then I dont see why not. Please let us not digress from the main issue, which remains that Nigeria is a very sick nation and needs all our help, no matter what.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by Fhemmmy: 9:46pm On Jan 16, 2010
I think he did what is right, a man of God that cares for his nation.
Kudos to him.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by oluclem(m): 9:50pm On Jan 16, 2010
It is true that Jesus didn't carry Placard, But he certainly go against the law of the land anytime the law of the land/ law of men contradict the law of God.

So I don't see what is wrong in carry placard. in as much as is a peaceful demostration.

Ride on Pastor Tunde Bakare
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by texazzpete(m): 1:25am On Jan 17, 2010
Odunnu:

Why r u digressing

The fellow i was replying to had been insisting that men of God must not carry placards since Jesus did not do so. In other words, insinuating that men of God should restrict themselves to what Jesus did. I merely pointed out the hypocrisy in his words.

Not my fault if you lack the brainpower to understand what i was driving at.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by Odunnu: 6:06am On Jan 17, 2010
Am I 2react 2ur outburst?sori 2burst ur waterproof.I'm jst 2polishd 2do dat.
Try next door.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by Odunnu: 6:07am On Jan 17, 2010
Am I 2react 2ur outburst?sori 2burst ur waterproof.I'm jst 2polishd 2do dat.
Try next door.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by Kobojunkie: 6:19am On Jan 17, 2010

marvix (m)
Nigeria

Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards?
« #31 on: Yesterday at 08:44:22 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@kobo I stil tink u are wrong to say he neglected his duties witout informin anyone about where he was goin, remember we were all told he had pericarduatis nd had gone to Saudi what other declaration do we need.
This is serious. Who told you he had pericarditis? He did that? Or you heard that part from the rumor mill? Did he neglect his duty? Are you saying then that he has been doing a great job ruling the nation from his abode in Saudi for the past, I don’t know, 50 days? So, are we to accept that the reason he has yet to give a statement on the BOMBER issue is because He does not think it matters much? I am trying to understand how you could make such a claim as the one you made earlier, with all that we have had to deal with in the past two months or thereabout.

On the issue of protest we quite agree if they had com out to say Enuf is Enuf it wld hav bin Ok but u saw what they ended up doing nd for a pastor to be among them I insist is a pity at most he should organise his protest with his followers in prayer nd fasting

Again, please revisit the Bible to understand that a pastor is SIMPLY a human being like you and I, only he has the gift of teaching BUT he/she is no god, and can walk away from that anytime. A Pastor bleeds blood when you cut him; a pastor has opinions and a mind apart from God’s just like you and I. A Pastor can commit SIN, yes; they can commit even the worst of SINS. A Pastor can have an opinion, even a political one. A pastor VOTES with every other citizen during elections, and yes, a pastor like everyone else can carry placards. So, I see no reason why we should have this question in the first place.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by dayokanu(m): 7:45am On Jan 17, 2010
This singular act has made Tunde bakare my favourite Nigerian Pastor unlike other GOats who have special seats for Looters in their church. Go to Redemption Camp and all the aLOOTer governors have special seats.

OBJ who was the Thief in Chief preaches on the Pulpit, Ask me about Cecilia Ibru and Erastus lead the 40-40 Millionaires club.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by marvix(m): 12:44am On Jan 18, 2010
All of u hav spoken well but dat does not mak the pastors action right cos they are supposed to act as the Red Cross in a war situation they are supposed to rise above the level of politics and above all are supposed to be spiritual leaders and interceed even for the man that is not around or was it our protest that removed Abacha? Let's face it God has a purpose for this nation or would it be alright for a pastor to make love to a sister to help her conceive after prayin for her in the name of faith without work. Pastor Niemoller didn't need anyone to talk for him all he had to do was call God for his deliverance so that quote is not necessary
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by Kobojunkie: 12:49am On Jan 18, 2010
marvix:

All of u hav spoken well but dat does not mak the pastors action right[b] cos they are supposed to act as the Red Cross in a war situation [/b] they are supposed to rise above the level of politics and above all are supposed to be spiritual leaders and interceed even for the man that is not around or was it our protest that removed Abacha? Let's face it God has a purpose for this nation or would it be alright for a pastor to make love to a sister to help her conceive after prayin for her in the name of faith without work. Pastor Niemoller didn't need anyone to talk for him all he had to do was call God for his deliverance so that quote is not necessary

Where do you get these RULES FOR PASTORS AND SISTERS? Show me the particular verse in the Bible that says Pastors SHOULD rise above politics? See me see wahala ooo!!! Where are these rules written?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Leaders Are Lazy, Says Ribadu ! / Buhari Will Soon Prove Critics Wrong / What Is The Meaning Of "Transformation Agenda"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.