Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,893 members, 7,949,110 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 06:57 PM

How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? (5472 Views)

Poll: How Is The Supply In Your Area

Fair: 22% (16 votes)
Poor: 56% (40 votes)
Good: 21% (15 votes)
This poll has ended

Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply / Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area / 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by chistiana(f): 3:34pm On Feb 01, 2007
funny but realistic

if u talking about countries that ve regualr power suply, u dont ve to mention Ni, talkless of NIgeria.

having light once in 3months doesnt woth it, the least i can do is to on the Gen, what about the fuel, selling fuel 130 per littre.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by ashewo(m): 4:05pm On Feb 01, 2007
I went to nigeria for the Xmas break and i was amazed, we had light everyday, throughout my saty of 5 weeks, they only took the light about 3-4 times and it lasted for about 8-10 min each, i think they have greatly improved.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by niceuzor: 4:10pm On Feb 01, 2007
@ashewo

where in Nigeria?
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by mekoyo(m): 4:19pm On Feb 01, 2007
The power supply is just too bad, i dont what to do. Imagine eight (cool months of blackout.

eight good months.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by Grouppoint(m): 5:06pm On Feb 01, 2007
Nigeria supplies electricity to its neighbouring countries, which the river Niger passes through.

This is because if these countries construct their own Dams, we would not have enough water pressure for our Niger Dam to function.

Similarly, Ghana's Volta River Authority (VRA), which produces nearly all of Ghana's electric power also supplies electricity to a number of neighbouring West African countries.

So dont be dismayed that we supply these nations.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by toyboy1(m): 5:51pm On Feb 01, 2007
power supply in my area is extremely constant. infact almost 24hrs a day. outages dont last more than 10 mins. and these are far in between. atimes we go on days without an outage.
and of couirse i live in naija, dont use a gen cos i dont ve need for one. i gave out the one i was using in  lag cos there was no need for one in my new station.
but just this wek all dat changed and we started having outages lasting up to 2 hours. thou i believe this it will fizzle out n return bak to status quo if shell finishes the maintainance on their power station that was shut down
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by anusule(m): 9:03pm On Feb 01, 2007
guys please mention where you reside abi una area no fine reach my own? grin grin
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:16am On Feb 02, 2007
Grouppoint:

Nigeria supplies electricity to its neighbouring countries, which the river Niger passes through.

This is because if these countries construct their own Dams, we would not have enough water pressure for our Niger Dam to function.

Similarly, Ghana's Volta River Authority (VRA), which produces nearly all of Ghana's electric power also supplies electricity to a number of neighbouring West African countries.

So don't be dismayed that we supply these nations.

Thanks for the enlightenment man, never thaught of it like that
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by Damest09(f): 1:20am On Feb 02, 2007
The best there could be- 24.7 all year round.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:22am On Feb 02, 2007
I remember when they took light here in Canada
Summer of 2003, people were pannicking like mad
I really enjoyed seeing people acting so odd, back home it has been accepted as a norm

Maybe Nigeria should invest in Nuclear or WindPower as alternatives
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by Damest09(f): 1:33am On Feb 02, 2007
JosBoy4Lif:

Maybe Nigeria should invest in Nuclear or WindPower as alternatives

How will they do that? that country's full of corruption, selfishness and political oppression.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:34am On Feb 02, 2007
Corruption is the root of Africa's problem, but hey we gotta have faith.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by Damest09(f): 1:37am On Feb 02, 2007
Faith without prayer, what could that bring. The religious groups are not in harmony. There is one thing i know, there are saints who are praying 4 Nigeria and God will answer in his own time.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by sharetroll(m): 1:38am On Feb 02, 2007
Christian God = GOAT higher being
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:41am On Feb 02, 2007
There is only one God, Different Ideologies
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by liteman(m): 1:42am On Feb 02, 2007
I recently gathered from the media that the Egbin Thermal station in 2005 slashed its 1500MW electricity capacity to about 900MW. But as at today it has been slashed to 100MW. Then it was reported that we should expect highly eratic power supply in and around the Lagos metropolis.
I now thought to myself that if in 2005 when the station's capacity was still high we did not get the power, only God knows what eratic power supply now will look like.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by Nobody: 2:03am On Feb 02, 2007
sharetroll:

Christian God = GOAT higher being

What other services do you offer besides sarcasm?
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by justme3(m): 8:12pm On Feb 02, 2007
Power supply in my area couldn't be worse right we hardly have power.live on generator
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by raphy(m): 9:52pm On Feb 02, 2007
hi all,
i live in ikate surulere we hardly have light a week,
d new nepa is not doin any god thing in my area it is
very bad i wish i was not born in lagos at d first place.
phcn is not good any way obj must ban all d nepa staff be4
i do som tin drastic angry
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by LiquidMind(m): 12:30am On Feb 03, 2007
How can somebody export something he doesn't have ??

Nigeria need serious help
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:33am On Feb 03, 2007
LiquidMind:

How can somebody export something he doesn't have ??

Nigeria need serious help

READ THIS

Grouppoin:

geria supplies electricity to its neighbouring countries, which the river Niger passes through.

So don't be dismayed that we supply these nations.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by anusule(m): 12:16am On Feb 04, 2007
no power supply since last wk. any nepa staff listening?
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by phoenixman: 5:19am On Feb 04, 2007
my supply is both cheap and good.
i hardly ever have a break in service.
and when there is a break its usually maintenance.
and that is like 10 - 20 min in duration.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by Shagari2(m): 1:21am On Feb 05, 2007
Ours is pretty good too grin
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by anusule(m): 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2007
hi guys, i recently watched it on television that ten new power stations are already in completion stages. by december 2007 i guess the light would be stable since 10,000megawatts will be generated from them.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by opensource(m): 9:31am On Feb 07, 2007
power supply in my area sucks its really been a pain in the ass as the PHCN cause misrable night sleep to people .presently the whether is very hot and mosquitoes are much there is suppose to be a constant supply but all this just is not made available from my own perpective PHCN is only stable in distributing bills and disconnection but NEPA is still better in power supply
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by deor03(m): 9:54am On Feb 07, 2007
there is no NEPA in my area. i have light when i put on my gen. infact i want to sell my AC, microwave ,

anyone interested?,
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by hawkman101: 6:10pm On Feb 07, 2007
it is not nice at all neither tight.they change their name from NEPA to POWER HOLDING.they are showing us the stuff they are made up of by holding the electricity as their name implies.we pay our bills regularly but they give us light regularly.we can only pray to God 2 save us 4rm their hands. cryi pity this country,
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by ngola(f): 4:32pm On Feb 08, 2007
Its very terrible in my aream,infact, there is nothing like PHCN IN MY area because they flash it (light) like torchlight.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by jaybaby(f): 8:52pm On Feb 09, 2007
poor cry cry cry
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by Creamish(f): 9:11am On Feb 13, 2007
, Nuttn to brag about! angry
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by ashewo(m): 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2007
niceuzor:

@ashewo

where in Nigeria?

somwhere near lekki, Its a new estate called palms view estate, the estate pple recently donated money to buy a transformer, i think that why we had regular power supply, its not that good at other areas even beside ma estate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lolz, See What This Beautiful Girl Did In Public That Got People Talking / Throwback Photos Of Chioma Before She Met Davido / Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.