Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,375 members, 7,940,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:42 AM

How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? (5465 Views)

Poll: How Is The Supply In Your Area

Fair: 22% (16 votes)
Poor: 56% (40 votes)
Good: 21% (15 votes)
This poll has ended

Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply / Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area / 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by harpo(m): 9:02am On Feb 14, 2007
Light in my area is zilch, as in nada, its quite unfortunate that one can even have ligth to do some basic things
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by nikynike(f): 12:03pm On Feb 14, 2007
The power supply to my area is Zero.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by nduleme(m): 2:42pm On Feb 14, 2007
In Kubwa, Abuja light dey erractic o, times e be like say NEPA forget say them give us light, and they would allow us use it for 2 to 3 staright days, at other times (on their bad days) they ensure we dont have a 20 minute uninterrupted supply. all in all i should say its fair here
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by moondust(m): 1:28pm On Apr 09, 2007
in d estate where i stay, we use card- meters so they've got no choice but 2 giv light, so their cards can read
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by CrazyMan(m): 8:31pm On Apr 10, 2007
Very poor embarassed
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by TrueTalk3: 10:25am On Apr 19, 2007
nikynike:

The power supply to my area is Zero.

Haba Aunty Nike,

How can Power Supply in Texas be Zero??

Still cant figure some of us in NL!

Abi you are refering to the Texas close to Ita Oshin roundabout in abeokuta.

Make you take una geography soofri soofri oo, grin
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by Talktrue(m): 10:44am On Apr 19, 2007
Power Supply? hmmmmm

In the morning they give u 30 mins 260-350V supply enough to damage your electronics.

In the afternoon the new shift test the line by doing a traffigator check, off-on, off-on, off-on, off-on, when they are done (normally 30 mins) it goes off again. (this is the time to test ur appiance to be sure they still work)

In the night they turn on the romantic candle voltage supply (quarter current), I think this is just there way of saying goodnite cause u cant use any appliance with it. It lasts for 2 hours tops and since they expect you to go to sleep they arrange for lightsout around 9pm.

I think the latest is the manager chyked a girl on my street, she no gree and since this week even traffigator we no see.

I've decided to go back to my roots. I've reconditioned myself. I've unpluged every electronic device I have, if my forefathers can do without it so can I. If I continue using NEPA I might kill someone soon (the next NEPA official to come around my house).
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by TrueTalk3: 11:09am On Apr 19, 2007
grin grin grin grin

Nice one TalkTrue.

I guess we live in the same world.

Only that I (unlike my forefathers) have the option of inverter/generator,
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by DewDrop(f): 11:25am On Apr 19, 2007
[center]Funny enough,
My area isn't that bad
I usually sleep through the night with NEPA
Guess they're just trying harder for us Nigerians
cool[/center]
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by donan(m): 11:36pm On Apr 22, 2007
i get light for less than twenty four hours a week.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by Talktrue(m): 10:26am On Apr 23, 2007
Up Nep,

They don take am again
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by Maleeq(m): 10:47am On Apr 23, 2007
Very stable. Light's guaranteed from 4pm - 10am the next day. After that period, it's not too certain they'll leave the switch on. But I really dont mind the timing cos I am at work from 8-4pm.
From 4pm on friday to 9am on monday, it's constant(almost without a blink)
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by virtuereal(f): 10:59am On Apr 23, 2007
well in my area, we only have lights on saturday afternoon. as it is now, we solely depend on generator and our power connection is always on Gen. that even when PHCN brings the "light" we dont even bother changing the source.how pathetic 4 nigeria yet our president was so confident to say at Ghana's golden jubilee that we were the ones that gave ghana electric supply.can u imagine? and i learnt that Ghana has never had an epileptic power supply. eh ya? cry
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by Beline(f): 2:02pm On Apr 23, 2007
very poor as we do stay without light for many days and if they want to give it can't last more that one hour a day. too bad!!!
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 23, 2007
I run generator 100hours weekly.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by anothaviv(f): 2:52pm On Apr 23, 2007
POWER SUPPLY?! angry

That INEC tanker should have been sent to PHCN!!!

How could they miss it, it was on the same street!
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by diyobdw(f): 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2007
4/24hrs

@anothaviv
lol u surely beef them.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by abohrandy: 7:10pm On Apr 23, 2007
well in kubwa FCT where i habit, it has rily been terrible . it is until recently that PHCN has behaved herself. this new behaviour came on since 14 of this month. though the light is not steady at least we can not kip stuff in the fridge which was once a cupboard.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by Ayd: 7:25pm On Apr 23, 2007
its just improving in our area it comes the whole day and goes at night, sometimes it comes back through out the night
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by spoilt(f): 4:49am On Apr 24, 2007
i dont know what power outage is over here. we froze our wedding cake and ate it on our first anniversary. yep. we hav it that good. in naija that feat would not be possible.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by chii: 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2007
very,very poor, we've nt had light 4 d past 2 wks
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by Texcee(f): 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2007
poor power supply. heaven help us.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by Christino(m): 6:25pm On Apr 24, 2007
My area has no transformer so i have nothing to say about power supply, it doesn't even exist here grin
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by samsilo(m): 11:48pm On Apr 24, 2007
There was absolutely no electricity in my house in Calabar for for more than 2 months after Christmas be cause of a blown out transformer.Most people who could afford it bought generators and trust PHCN(NEPA),they asked people to contribute 500,000 for a new transformer for the street. Me I no answer them.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by babadee(m): 4:34am On Apr 25, 2007
anothaviv:

POWER SUPPLY?! angry

That INEC tanker should have been sent to PHCN!!!

How could they miss it, it was on the same street!

hilarious
i live with approx 15 hrs of nepa daily. really sucks!!!
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by agnesoseka: 12:17pm On Apr 25, 2007
great!!!!
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by agnesoseka: 12:27pm On Apr 25, 2007
great!!!!
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by pek(m): 3:09pm On Apr 25, 2007
enlighten me, which power supplyr? are you talking of solar, kerosene, wood or wind. sorry i didnt mention nepa or phcn.it only exits on the pages of newspaper and when they bring their bills.we have not hard a second of light in my area for the past one month/
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by alanbolo(m): 5:51pm On Apr 26, 2007
very pathetic experiences,   though, I live in US, i ve got pple back home which makes me very sad hearing this life-stories. grin   
Sometimes my mum will say there is no light for a month - complete wickedness  Looking forward to d day of solar system for my neighborhood in 9ja.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by Oluchia(f): 7:56am On Apr 27, 2007
I'm beginning to think that my area is not a part of Nigeria if all the positive responses about Power supply I've been reading so far are true. I stay in Ojodu berger in Lagos. We only have light for two Hrs during the day out of the 24 hrs in a day and since I go to work, I don't get to see light except at weekends when am at Home. Almost everybody in my Estate have Generator so you can imagine the kind of Noise pollution we expereience there. It's realy terrible I just hope that the new Government will do something about it.
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by wunmex: 12:09pm On Apr 27, 2007
lafile u get luck ooh as 4 me Nigeria is the most baddest country i mean dere is nothing i can use to qualify it more dan dat me power supply fit go 4 like 5 days d sixth day dem fit bring am say make una take am find torchlight or matches at like deir kolo fit resurect make dem bring am 4 like 8hrs but if dat one happen na him worst pass 1week no light dat 8hrs wey una enjoy so una go suffer for am u know what? na deir name dey worry dem chech dis out
 N: never
 E: expect
 P: power
 A: always
as ey come change deir name 4rm bad to worse take a look at dis
P: please
H: hold
C: candle at
N: night
lafile u n me go join hand make Nigeria better
Re: How Is The Power Supply In Your Area? by 1forall: 6:16pm On Apr 29, 2007
Someone said it was
P: Problem
H: Has
C: Changed
N: Name
sad cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bic Shavers Promo. What's In It? (picture) / World Most Expensive Toilet Made Of GOLD Cost $10 Million / Beware Of Dessyhandsum And His Scam Dessyhandsumsneakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.