Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,046 members, 7,903,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 12:16 PM

The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. (6221 Views)

Please What Does Na Dem Dey Rush Us Mean? / How Nigerian Mentality In Education Is Slowly Killing Our Youths / Gang Members Force Lecturer Out Of UNIBEN Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Adatob(m): 1:12am On May 30, 2017
Slowvenom:
Who wrote this?
You quote the whole story just to type this?? Fear God na
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by AHCB: 6:56am On May 30, 2017
INTROVERT:
If you are averse to reading and learning, please press the return button but if not sit, relax and add to your knowledge.

-Word Bank.
I must say I'm impressed. Used to think first to comment is what you're only good at. How wrong can I be?

Wow!

2 Likes

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Nobody: 7:16am On May 30, 2017
Quite an insightful piece but heck who says its only blacks that brag, its just in human nature to show off just that we blacks do it in excess.
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Nobody: 7:18am On May 30, 2017
Slowvenom:
Who wrote this?
Phool. sad
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by MayhorE(m): 7:45am On May 30, 2017
AFRICAN BLOOD, BLACK MENTALITY
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by ayoadee(m): 7:48am On May 30, 2017
i believe its only normal to acknowledge the original writer of this piece as i stumbled on same yesterday on facebook

1 Like

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Slowvenom(m): 7:49am On May 30, 2017
IamDino:
Phool. sad
What was that for?
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Slowvenom(m): 7:50am On May 30, 2017
Adatob:

You quote the whole story just to type this?? Fear God na
I'm sorry, but I just like quoting what I'm replying.
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by joeace2020(m): 8:16am On May 30, 2017
mustylique:

I am not understanding...are they not suppose to oppress those they don't like and impress those they like.

You see that is the problem. Recently i bought a phone for 60k and I didn't buy the phone because of it's functions or else a 30, 40k phone would do just fine by me. But I bought it because it looked sleek, had a 6' screen with some great specs and would be nice to show off and let people know I belong too. This is just one instance of the many times i have gotten something i probably didn't need or would discard soon enough just because i want to impress and oppress. This behavior is peculiar to us black folks. We don't apprehend the future, we dont care if tomorrow we become so broke those things we flaunt now become treasures to us. We just buy, buy, buy, show off, show off, show off and the sad fact is we are not even that wealthy as a community or race, so rather than spreading out our wealth, we use it to make others feel sad and want to do the same thing we do and the cycle of money oppression, hate amd arrogance continues. Look at Floyd Mayweather for instance l, you would think he owns a bank with the flagrant display of wealth. The kind of money some white folks will invest into medical research, technology, art and things that will bless people 50, 100 years down the line just like HIV anti-retoviral drugs, stem cell research, Facebook, Twitter, Tesla and so many technologies of today that have changed mankind forever. We can't point to meaningful inventions by the black man except buying those things created by the white folks that and showing them off. Ask yourself how many Africans of old who flaunted wealth do you remember today except the great men of history who made meaningful impact in other parts of the world in Education, Sports, literature, Medicine, Architecture, Politics, you name it. Even back home, the Awolowos, the Azikiwe's, the Soyinka's were and are not broke but their name will stand the test of time because these are the only few black men who realize money is like a fleeting passion, never lasts, so instead create something that lasts with it. A legacy!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Mhissgaga(f): 8:37am On May 30, 2017
judgedredd22:

are you in the pepper group? grin grin

lol
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Nobody: 8:56am On May 30, 2017
OP. You made some sense. But these bragging stuff is relative. You can't expect a wealthy man to be driving bicycle or to wear okrika clothes so as not to look like he's "bragging".
You can't go about accusing everyone who looks rich of bragging.
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by LordHiffy(m): 10:44am On May 30, 2017
nice one
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by oracle009(m): 12:29pm On May 30, 2017
Trash..... Why? Because the article shades the BLACK race! We love to show off, we love to oppress, we love to get unnecessary things.... I guess Kim Kardashian is black... Trump is sooo black that charcoal is jealous... They said our monarchy is archaic and extravagant, the England royalties are from Abeokuta! They said we are backward, ask them why they handed power to the least educated North and tried all to kill Ghandi...

Now, the BLACK youths will see this kind of article and shout 'yea! Correct'. Not there fault, they have been so oppressed to believe that White is perfect, supreme and devoid of excesses. They facilitated a spoilt system and yet steal away our EGG HEADS.

I will say the WHITEs are cheat! Dark hearted and always with ulterior motive. You came to us, we accepted you with open hands and pure hearts, extending a hand of fellowship... Yet u took away our golds to feed your insatiable appetites

U have no right whatsoever to abuse us! We are coming (not for you, but over you). We will meet up with you, we will overtake you and we will show you what it TAKES TO BE BLACK, we will turn your lands to our dumping sites.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by hrykanu231(m): 1:26pm On May 30, 2017
This piece is spot on

1 Like

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Crown240: 1:46pm On May 30, 2017
Nice One OP
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by AremoOG(m): 3:59pm On May 30, 2017
holywahala19:
I'm too high on some costly weed to understand anything up there.

is there any one pepper is peppering there
or u mean people that sale pepper at alaba market.

summary my people o.

I'm very rich my people o.
Trafford, UK.
Bentley.
Guy wetin u dey talk self.u high on weed den shey u no sabi highway road ni..
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 5:28pm On May 30, 2017
God bless the writer and the person who posted it

This is the type of post we really need on the front page,slavery mentally is being passed down in the black race and the media is helping...that's why I love white people,you'll rarely see white folks showing off.
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 5:32pm On May 30, 2017
oracle009:
Trash..... Why? Because the article shades the BLACK race! We love to show off, we love to oppress, we love to get unnecessary things.... I guess Kim Kardashian is black... Trump is sooo black that charcoal is jealous... They said our monarchy is archaic and extravagant, the England royalties are from Abeokuta! They said we are backward, ask them why they handed power to the least educated North and tried all to kill Ghandi...

Now, the BLACK youths will see this kind of article and shout 'yea! Correct'. Not there fault, they have been so oppressed to believe that White is perfect, supreme and devoid of excesses. They facilitated a spoilt system and yet steal away our EGG HEADS.

I will say the WHITEs are cheat! Dark hearted and always with ulterior motive. You came to us, we accepted you with open hands and pure hearts, extending a hand of fellowship... Yet u took away our golds to feed your insatiable appetites

U have no right whatsoever to abuse us! We are coming (not for you, but over you). We will meet up with you, we will overtake you and we will show you what it TAKES TO BE BLACK, we will turn your lands to our dumping sites.

Thanks

With this slavery mentality is your head? We'll never catch up with them

White people will soon colonize the moon and Nigerian youths are busy slaying up and down with an empty brain,designers(mostly fake from China),phones made by the white man,Instagram made by the white man and yet you're being such an ingrate

If not for the white man,there will be no Nairaland or a chance for you to display your shallowness to the world.

Gracias

1 Like

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 5:34pm On May 30, 2017
beardlessdude:
OP. You made some sense. But these bragging stuff is relative. You can't expect a wealthy man to be driving bicycle or to wear okrika clothes so as not to look like he's "bragging".
You can't go about accusing everyone who looks rich of bragging.

Read to comprehend,if you're rich you'll be living a life of class and contempt not taking pictures and doing everything to opress

You'll be living it and not acting it.

1 Like

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by oracle009(m): 6:06pm On May 30, 2017
And they tell you the WHITE youths are better off? Answer me o... What an opinion from an oppressed soul? So, white youths aren't 'pepper ganging'? Uh?! You sound just so poor for discussion.

I repeat again, the WHITE HAVE NO MORAL, SOCIAL OR LEGAL right to call BLACK extravagant, bereft or lesser. The wise will know that they wish BLACK will always continue to be a pawn.

Black youths aren't worse than their WHITE counterparts. If given the platform they grow from, we will turn their lands to dumping ground. Ire o!
Oluwamuyeewa:

With this slavery mentality is your head? We'll never catch up with them

White people will soon colonize the moon and Nigerian youths are busy slaying up and down with an empty brain,designers(mostly fake from China),phones made by the white man,Instagram made by the white man and yet you're being such an ingrate

If not for the white man,there will be no Nairaland or a chance for you to display your shallowness to the world.

Gracias
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 30, 2017
Oluwamuyeewa:

Read to comprehend,if you're rich you'll be living a life of class and contempt not taking pictures and doing everything to opress

You'll be living it and not acting it.
kindly give me examples of "things done to oppress". undecided

If i am very rich and decided to buy a gold plated lamborghini, your type would still say I'm doing to oppress.
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 6:09pm On May 30, 2017
oracle009:
And they tell you the WHITE youths are better off? Answer me o... What an opinion from an oppressed soul? So, white youths aren't 'pepper ganging'? Uh?! You sound just so poor for discussion.

I repeat again, the WHITE HAVE NO MORAL, SOCIAL OR LEGAL right to call BLACK extravagant, bereft or lesser. The wise will know that they wish BLACK will always continue to be a pawn.

Black youths aren't worse than their WHITE counterparts. If given the platform they grow from, we will turn their lands to dumping ground. Ire o!

You're steering away from the point and I'm not so in the mood for arguments...

O da bo.
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 6:21pm On May 30, 2017
beardlessdude:
kindly give me examples of "things done to oppress". undecided

If i am very rich and decided to buy a gold plated lamborghini, your type would still say I'm doing to oppress.

Yeah and you know how many people in your extended family that gold plated Lamborghini will send to school?

Luxury is sweet and everybody have the right to spend their money anyhow they want but the black race is the least developed,educated and civilized...mostly because everybody is egocentric!
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by ColdNight(m): 6:44pm On May 30, 2017
One of the best post have came across on Nairaland. When are we going to learn to live a normal life without the social media drama and lies. The problem is most people in this part of the world live to impress and oppress their fellow human forgetting that simplicity is the best form of sophistication.
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by valgbo(m): 7:57pm On May 30, 2017
nice piece op..... but if u think only black guys flaunt then you haven't heard about Cristiano Ronaldo
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by TimmyPapa(m): 9:21pm On May 30, 2017
There is a saying "you will be addressed the way you dress" so dressing smart (which implies the right colors combination and the right stuffs to wear) is very essential in this developing world of ours. Not sure on what and how to wear it we've got your back, just scroll down.

Casual Suit with sucks and sandal

Check out more wears for guys/ your boyfriend here

https://afro9jaland..com.ng/2017/05/know-what-to-wear-men.html
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Sanchez01: 4:52am On May 31, 2017
adeswagsdmj:
Si whites don't brag

You have not heard of CR7
Justin Bieber
Kardashian family
Amber Rose
Bragging is one thing, showing off your wealth on social media is another. Just before you finger the whites, ask yourself if you have ever seen Ronaldo flash huge sums of money before. The best you would see him do is upload pictures of himself and probably his girlfriend during vacations. The only thing he flaunts night and day are his specially designed boots and we all know those are purely marketing tactics. Every player in the world does so at some point.

And as much as I hate the Kardashians and Amber Rose, we must come to terms that they are almost all models who found their way by chance while the latter set out as a stripper.

Truth is, you would be forced to come to terms with Ronaldo not being a showman when you check out Mayweather's page on Instagram. While the problem is not totally peculiar to blacks, we are second to none in this regard and it is disturbing.
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by GOFRONT(m): 9:38am On May 31, 2017
Thats why som of dem can do som unthinkable tinz jst to get dis Rabba.....E.g swallowin condoms containin cocaine, using job advert to gather applicants and butcher dem for rituals,....Eatin poo and bread,...all in da name of I wonna make money so I can show off too

Sadly, d spectators ar ever ready to clap and cheer them wheneva they com to show off.....

Thats why we Rush to view som threads with topics such as..."Psquare shows his bathroom in jacuzzi, mercy aigbe bears cleavage in jumpsuit, Emoney shows new mansion, tonto wears baby bumper....Olamide shows his son's new hairstyle....Davido show new Rangerover.....etc etc
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Marvel1206: 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2017
Lalasticlala, mynd44, this is a lovely piece worthy of FP nau

(1) (2) (Reply)

Landlord Who Cancelled 2020 Rents For All 63 Student Tenants Finally Awarded / Those Who Were Given Provisional Admission Into Sbrs Funtua Should Meet Here / Pkease What's The Diffrence Between Session And Semester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.