Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,669 members, 7,938,028 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 03:55 PM

The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. (6264 Views)

Please What Does Na Dem Dey Rush Us Mean? / How Nigerian Mentality In Education Is Slowly Killing Our Youths / Gang Members Force Lecturer Out Of UNIBEN Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by INTROVERT(f): 6:34pm On May 29, 2017
If you are averse to reading and learning, please press the return button but if not sit, relax and add to your knowledge.

The primary reason many black people all over the world make money, steal money from public till and display their bogus wealth is to oppress those they do like and impress those they do not like.

Nigerians are not the worst hit. Africans have the uncanny habit of flagrant exhibitionist display of wealth, beauty, intelligence, excellence and other natural endowments.

The narrative is the same in every black community all over the world. From the Nigerian musical artiste who sings about money, cars, house, clubbing and women to his African American Cousins like Birdman, Lil Wayne, Snoop Doggy Dogg to Kanye West to Dr. Dre to P. Diddy to Fifty Cent to Lil Trashy. They all display their cash, cars, blings, diamonds on social media and make it rain in clubs. The list of crappy social ambivalence is endless.

This is why Davido's cliche tag is 'OBO' - 'Omo Baba Olowo' - Son of the Wealthy Father. This is why his lyric contains having 30billion Naira in the account. This is why his elder brother bragged that his dogs eat better than some people.

This is why celebrities put their lives on display when they acquire any little thing only to cry foul that the people's mouth and thumb can't stay out of their lives.

This is why we mount the pulpit from the pew to show forth God's glory to the brethren giving explicit details of how we made mega bucks as God's elect, forget the indiscretion that armed robbers, their informants and kidnappers are in church as spiritual patients simply not responding to treatment.

This is why Wizkid will show off a mansion in Lekki as his, forget that nosy Linda Ikeji will find him out and blog about his inability to renew the rent of the same mansion he claims he owns, with proof of ejection and eviction notices...

This is why we can't go to ordinary Ikeja city mall without taking a selfie even If we can't 'shop rite'. How much more If we go to Dubai mall?

For the average black man, it is not just the thrill of money or the accomplishments of success.

For the successful African melanin, it is not just the joy of fulfilment or the excitement of comfort...

For the black man with little cash in his pocket, it is all about the hasty desire to announce the arrival of success, it's about the delight in humiliating another, it's about the craving to be worshipped, it's about the allure of praise, the thrill of oppression, the sense of belonging to the class of the stupendously affluent with the character of squander in the glare of shocking squalor, it is about the capacity to flaunt mid-life luxury, read comfortable stress and wealth without helping the needy. It's about resplendent arrogance.

This was what birthed the axiom: 'If you got it, you've got to flaunt it'. Forget that the flaunting mentality is a mentality of lack and morbid foolishness. If you've really got it, you don't need to flaunt it, it readily shows.

Real money doesn't talk. It swears, roars and shakes without being displayed. If you are a Billionaire in dollars, you won't think much of it enough to display it in cash, it's in invaluable assets defying a capturable display.

That people find joy in displaying their possession is conclusive proof that they don't have much of it. That ploy about empty barrels and noise. You get it.

An average black man doesn't want to be successful if it will not allow him show off and brag to his family, neighbours and peers. Poverty is indeed a mentality, not just the mere absence of money. True poverty is showing a greed of insufficiency inspite of money.

Black people are incapable of comprehending quiet success. They can't imagine making it without making noise. No such thing as noiseless triumph.

But the truth is- Only coins make noise, real cash is noiseless and wireless. To announce their arrival, gongs must blare, woofers from noisy car speakers must pollute the environment, they must appear dressy and masquerading. Wealth that isn't loud, boisterous, vain, noisy, ostentatious, unsettling, discomforting and condescending to others is no real wealth to these empty vaunters.

This is how Yahoo boys and Internet fraudsters readily give themselves out to Law Enforcement Agents by their showy appearances, pimped vehicles, loud music, shiny wheels, dressy attires and choking lofinda. Even without questioning, when you appear this glitzy way at a Police checkpoint, don't argue, just park and drop something for the boys or go in for thorough investigation.

It is on this premise that we spray cash at parties and buy casket in the club. It is on this note we announce ourselves to our detractors and cut short our own success by reporting ourselves unwittingly to our vilest enemies. Discretion, we have not. Sense? None.

If you move with shoulder pads on and find it goitreable to greet, you are just an overdressed idiot. That is not pride, it's indignant arrogance mixed with a thin veneer of delusion.

If you find it exciting to taunt someone else with a factory reject, savage, Tokunbo vehicle declared no longer fit for American roads because it has onned airbag light on a permanent basis, you are simply stupid. And to think you bought it with a loan and shared the test-he-money? All shades of stupid.

If you oppress your kinsman with a car made by Europeans, Americans and Japanese, what do you want the car makers to do?

If an untapped palm wine is intoxicating you, how exactly is it doing you? I am not understanding.

It's so pathetic that black people have lacked for so long and now find basic comfort that is supposed to be a natural order of life as aesthetic ostentatious luxury deserving special display.

If you see the need to flaunt your arrival, small dreams and little accomplishments as a start-up, you are just a pathetic ebony infant average Joe or Josephine with small dreams.

If all you have to your name is an automobile, a miserable flat and you make no real impact on the coming generation and you wear the tag of an oppressor, you are of all men the most miserable.

If all you have is fake, long eyelashes, nixoderm make up, ruby woo red or burnt black lip stick like a homeless ghost, shaky foundation and tescoat paint brown powder, waist cincher, cheap lace wigs, padded bums and an instagram account and you have the baseless effrontery and the Brazilian confidence to call yourself a Slay Queen who is peppering them, you are just a rotten, overripe tomato incapable of peppering no one.

If you have to wear all your wealth around their neck, dragging thousands of dollars around like a rabid dog, capturing your whole essence in a picture without the attendant humility of simplicity, you are just a poor man with money. That your chain is golden doesn't mean you are not in chains. You are only in a golden bondage.

Real wealth consists of living with class, finesse, decorum and panache. Indeed you can buy a house or a car with money, but you can't buy class.

It's unnecessary to display your wealth. Let it show in human kindness and philanthropy, not in cameraic exhibition and social media radiant extravagance. If all you do is show off to the poor, you are not rich, you are simply a raving mad, unempathetic sociopath.

It's worse off when you display the wealth you do not have and show off a person you are not, you cut short yourself from help and sense. You are simply a good waste of your life and very essence.

If you live your life as a pepperous human, change.

Before you pepper us Oh Ye small-minded Black people, make sure there is too much juice and too much sauce. Be a Mark, Not a Mayweather.

-Word Bank.

59 Likes 21 Shares

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by INTROVERT(f): 6:36pm On May 29, 2017
Seun, Lalasticlala we need to educate ourselves. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Mhissgaga(f): 6:45pm On May 29, 2017
Nice piece

5 Likes

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by dingbang(m): 6:49pm On May 29, 2017
I will continue to admire Mark Zuckerberg... His simplicity is priceless.. He can buy the entire Nigerian celebrities and yet it won't even reduce his worth a fraction... But yet, he doesn't flaunt

16 Likes

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Booyakasha(f): 7:17pm On May 29, 2017
booked
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by etcme(m): 7:31pm On May 29, 2017
I was here
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Oladipo1166(m): 7:37pm On May 29, 2017
this land is nt for sale
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by pat077: 7:47pm On May 29, 2017
No be lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by ElCuajo(m): 8:05pm On May 29, 2017
This is what Nairaland was made for... This is a brilliant piece. Just sad that the average black African man reasons this way. May God lead us right.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by ISMM(m): 8:08pm On May 29, 2017
Truth they say is bitter.
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by HIRAETH: 8:14pm On May 29, 2017
... I will modify later
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 29, 2017
this is the best post 've come across this year on nairaland.

The black-man needs to check himself and adjust,I'll start it...thanks op for sharing this.

lalasticlala,this is meant for front page

"Only coins make noise"

11 Likes

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by adeswagsdmj(m): 8:18pm On May 29, 2017
Si whites don't brag

You have not heard of CR7
Justin Bieber
Kardashian family
Amber Rose

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by OCHERAY(m): 8:52pm On May 29, 2017
see truth
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 29, 2017
skillful01:
"Only coins make noise"
!
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by holywahala19(m): 9:16pm On May 29, 2017
I'm too high on some costly weed to understand anything up there.
is there any one pepper is peppering there or u mean people that sale pepper at alaba market.
summary my people o.

I'm very rich my people o. Trafford, UK. Bentley.

3 Likes

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by doublewisdom: 9:20pm On May 29, 2017
Cc
Linda Ikeji and co.
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Leslieee(f): 9:23pm On May 29, 2017
worthy of FP
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by dayleke: 9:30pm On May 29, 2017
Nice one.
Will they hear?
I don't think so.
Dem go soon come now that the piece is too long.
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by ayaside(m): 9:32pm On May 29, 2017
I love this write-up...I was discussing with some of my friends about this.I have a close friend in Nigeria.He asked me to get him iPhone 6 when it came out newly.I asked him why,still waiting for a "good" answer.I really wish we could talk more on this topic.Bless you OP

1 Like

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by alexis007(m): 10:22pm On May 29, 2017
Nice. I wonder why the current trend is to impress , even when common sense would deem it unnecessary.

Worse is when some try to fit their feet into shoes that are not their size, especially under the cover of a faceless social media. This specie was a little better than saliva-gushing imbeciles, as far as I am concerned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by excondido(m): 10:36pm On May 29, 2017
it's sad but true, Africans are most guilty of ostentatious and grandiloquence for opportunities and privileges live has gifted us. must we get new updates about a new car, job etc. we are just putting ourselves on show-glass making us easy targets for robbery.

1 Like

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 29, 2017
Lovely written piece, Not the normal tribal wars we do have here.

1 Like

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Magician1503(m): 10:55pm On May 29, 2017
Nice!..Just nice.

1 Like

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by ninovandross(m): 11:07pm On May 29, 2017
hmm
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 29, 2017
sad angry
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by Doctorfitz: 11:45pm On May 29, 2017
I love this ..This deserves fp... Educating and impacting, it's far from the average rubbish we see daily on fp

1 Like

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by phensbassey: 12:00am On May 30, 2017
very wonderful piece, if you have it, you don't need to flaunt it.

1 Like

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by ednut1(m): 12:04am On May 30, 2017
True sha. Black man get problem sha . In the words of lugard albeit racist black man still never change.

In character and temperament" wrote Lord Lugard, "the
typical African of this race-type is a happy,
thriftless, excitable person. Lacking in self control,
discipline, and foresight. Naturally courageous, and
naturally courteous and polite, full of personal vanity, with
little sense of veracity, fond of music and loving
weapons as an oriental loves jewelry. His thoughts are
concentrated on the events and feelings of the moment,
and he suffers little from the apprehension for the
future, or grief for the past.

His mind is far nearer to
the animal world than the that of the European or
Asiatic, and exhibits something of the animals placidity
and want of desire to rise beyond the State he has
reached. Through the ages the African appears to have
evolved no organized religious creed, and though some
tribes appear to believe in a deity, the religious sense
seldom rises above pantheistic animalism and seems more
often to take the form of a vague dread of the
supernatural".

He lacks the power of organization, and is
conspicuously deficient in the management and control alike of
men or business. He loves the display of power, but
fails to realize its responsibility ....he will work
hard with a less incentive than most races. He has the
courage of the fighting animal -an instinct rather than
a moral virtue......In brief, the virtues and defects
of this race-type are those of attractive children,
whose confidence when it is won is given ungrudgingly as
to an older and wiser superior and without
envy.......Perhaps the two traits which have impressed me as
those most characteristic of the African native are his
lack of apprehension and his ability to visualize the
future"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by judgedredd22(m): 12:37am On May 30, 2017
Mhissgaga:
Nice piece

are you in the pepper group? grin grin
Re: The "Pepper Dem Gang" Mentality. by mustylique(m): 12:38am On May 30, 2017
INTROVERT:

The primary reason many black people all over the world
make money, steal money from public till and display their
bogus wealth is to oppress those they do like and impress
those they do not

-Word Bank.

I am not understanding...are they not suppose to oppress those they don't like and impress those they like.

(1) (2) (Reply)

26 Mind-blowing Psychology Facts That You Never Knew About People / Please, When Is Rivers State Junior Waec Starting? / Chrisland Sextape: May We Never Born Children That Will Disgrace Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.