Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,213 members, 7,970,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 03:47 PM

Jos Crisis Again - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Crisis Again (13541 Views)

The True Cause Of Reported Jos Crisis / Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again / Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Crisis Again by Katsumoto: 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2010
ndu_chucks:

You need to educate yourself a bit, sharia has been practiced in the north without problems since 1960's at least.

That is the case, why is Sharia causing problems these days?
What are Northern muslims doing to fight the wrong perception of Northen muslims and Sharia?
Do you agree that something must change or give if Nigeria is to continue as one nation. Waiting to fight secessionists may be too late.
You have often argued that the problems in Nigeria are caused by the political elite and I agree with you. What do you think is the solution to these problems and issues caused by a few. If Nigeria is to remain one, do you agree action must be taken by both Northerners and Southerners? If so, what action do you think that the Northerners will take?

I ask these questions because you often challenge angry and frustrated Southerners who talk about secession but I am yet to witness you offering solutions.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by SapeleGuy: 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2010
JNdupu:

Thank you for your observation.  I still do not believe that bogeymen are crossing the Niger to go forment trouble but even if that was the case, poverty and[b] illiteracy[/b] makes the targets susceptible to such influences.  Abi, if someone enters our living room with bags of moolah to go and kill our brothers down the road, you & I will rather employ our thinking faculties first .

I share your hope for peace.

This illiteracy thing is being over played. Education does not necesarily make you a decent human being. There are illiterates all over the world and down south and they don't behave in this vile and despicable manner.

All our leaders are educated look at our country. Stop blaming illiterates
Re: Jos Crisis Again by nduchucks: 6:38pm On Jan 18, 2010
Katsumoto:

That is the case, why is Sharia causing problems these days?
What are Northern muslims doing to fight the wrong perception of Northen muslims and Sharia?
Do you agree that something must change or give if Nigeria is to continue as one nation. Waiting to fight secessionists may be too late.
You have often argued that the problems in Nigeria are caused by the political elite and I agree with you. What do you think is the solution to these problems and issues caused by a few. If Nigeria is to remain one, do you agree action must be taken by both Northerners and Southerners? If so, what action do you think that the Northerners will take?

I ask these questions because you often challenge angry and frustrated Southerners who talk about secession but I am yet to witness you offering solutions.

Katsumoto, you are quite correct that I challenge angry and frustrated people who talk about seccession. These people have not learnt anything from the last seccession attempt that resulted in the death of millions of Nigerians. They, in their simplistic manner, call for seccession without giving much thought to the details and ramifications of such acts.

I believe that the status quo is unacceptable. We need to review the constitution and design a better federal system, one that is unlike any other in the world, given the uniqueness of Nigeria. Well meaning Nigerians have already submitted proposals for the next set of constitutional amendments. 

The process has already begun and well meaning Nigerians should find a way to influence the decision makers instead of running arround like failed husbands calling for divorces, instead of tackilng difficult but solvable problems. Many of these seccessionists don't even know the names of their Senators or Reps., let alone, how to contact them.

I challenge you to contact your senator or rep, discuss your concerns with him, and let us know his/her point of view.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Katsumoto: 6:53pm On Jan 18, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Katsumoto, you are quite correct that I challenge angry and frustrated people who talk about seccession. These people have not learnt anything from the last seccession attempt that resulted in the death of millions of Nigerians. They, in their simplistic manner, call for seccession without giving much thought to the details and ramifications of such acts.

I believe that the status quo is unacceptable. We need to review the constitution and design a better federal system, one that is unlike any other in the world, given the uniqueness of Nigeria. Well meaning Nigerians have already submitted proposals for the next set of constitutional amendments. 

The process has already begun and well meaning Nigerians should find a way to influence the decision makers instead of running arround like failed husbands calling for divorces, instead of tackilng difficult but solvable problems. Many of these seccessionists don't even know the names of their Senators or Reps., let alone, how to contact them.

I challenge you to contact your senator or rep, discuss your concerns with him, and let us know his/her point of view.

Are you being intentional naive to think that the radical change which all of Nigeria needs will come from that rotten bunch in Abuja. Can a bad tree bear good fruit? Please make practical suggestions in light of our historical antecedents.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by SapeleGuy: 6:54pm On Jan 18, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Many of these seccessionists don't even know the names of their Senators or Reps., let alone, how to contact them.

What incentive is there for beneficiaries of rigged elections to sanitise a corrupt system.

Where we have contacted them as in the current constitutional crisis, they have 'wisely' asked us to pray very very hard.

It is arrogant to think people don't contact their representatives.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Beaf: 7:01pm On Jan 18, 2010
JNdupu:

Thank you for your observation.  I still do not believe that bogeymen are crossing the Niger to go forment trouble but even if that was the case, poverty and illiteracy makes the targets susceptible to such influences.  Abi, if someone enters our living room with bags of moolah to go and kill our brothers down the road, you & I will rather employ our thinking faculties first .

I share your hope for peace.

JTF is led by mainly Hausa / Fulani people. Balla Na' Allah who said all 17 million Niger Deltans should be wiped out was not met with any Northern outcry or outrage; not even the slightest whimper.
Over the decades we have had pogrom after pogrom of Southerners by religious extremists up North. . . Not a single person has been convicted from 1960 till date. Rather, most Northern states have instituted sharia and made strenous arguments that Nigeria is not a secular country.
With the above and several other unmentioned incidents, it is easy to conclude that the Hausa / Fulani feel superior to Southerners and have no regard for Southern lives.

Southerners are now tired.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by nduchucks: 7:02pm On Jan 18, 2010
Katsumoto:

Are you being intentional naive to think that the radical change which all of Nigeria needs will come from that rotten bunch in Abuja. Can a bad tree bear good fruit? Please make practical suggestions in light of our historical antecedents.

SapeleGuy:

What incentive is there for beneficiaries of rigged elections to sanitise a corrupt system.

Where we have contacted them as in the current constitutional crisis, they have 'wisely' asked us to pray very very hard.

It is arrogant to think people don't contact their representatives.

Katsumoto & Sapeleguy, I'm afraid that you are falling for the trap set by the "rotten bunch in Abuja" as you put it.  The frustration and hopelessness you exhibit here is exactly what these people are counting on.  The good news is that, many progressives and young minds - several of whom reside in diaspora like you are returning home to take back their birthrights.

If you people want to make a change, come home and do the battle, aliens from Mars will not do it for you. As long as you decide to remain hopeless and do nothing about your condition, these people will continue to r.ape you and your resources at will. If you believe in a revolution, you need to come home and lead the revolution.

You stand a better chance at making a difference from within.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by SapeleGuy: 7:31pm On Jan 18, 2010
Laff catch me. We know the games you are playing but time has run out for your type. Your choice of descriptors is interesting, you and your people have now caught syphilis from the r.ape you desire.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by chosen04(f): 7:37pm On Jan 18, 2010
I lost my faith in a united Nigeria the day "A mohammed cartoon drawn in far away Denmark" led to the death of Nigerians by Nigerians and for Nigerians.

*****The concept of one Nigeria is dead and only waiting for burial*******
Re: Jos Crisis Again by edoyad(m): 8:09pm On Jan 18, 2010
I'm happy the scales are beginning to drop off the eyes of Nigerians. There is a group in Nigeria actions are inimical to the aspirations of rational thinking people and It's obvious this present contract/pact/agreement is not working. You can't teach a dog a be man no matter how hard you try; it could learn new tricks and may be even walk on two feet but never will it be a man.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by presido1: 8:27pm On Jan 18, 2010
Katsumoto:

You noticed? Was I such a one Nigeria apostle?
Lets just say I was pushed over the cliff by various events such as the following
Yaradull and his gang of thieves refusing to handover to Jonathan (not like he deserves it but its what the constitution demands)
That silly Mutallab boy (some friends had a rough experience recently)
The murders in Jos

Those events together with the millions of actions/inactions from yester-years that I have tried to ignore.
Could you give reason(s) why you tried to ignore those events? And which events if i may ask. To solve the problems in Nigeria(whether to separate or Unite) question like this must be asked and answers given, we must tell ourselves the common truth which i think includes the one i asked.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by kizie: 8:53pm On Jan 18, 2010
I was a victim in the first and second crisis, those boys(hausa) are heartless and there even kill other moslems who re not Hausa's. the problem is not just been educated but its poverty and psychological.This has justified Nigeria as a terrorist state.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by edoyad(m): 9:06pm On Jan 18, 2010
^ i was in zaria that 2001/2002 period when they did something similar at the college of education storming into the girls' hostels to ra.pe and kill girls whose shoe laces they're not worth. The problem started when it was obvious one muslim candidate in a student body election was going to lose (naturally christians outnumber them in school), he went to invite his savages to unleash mayhem on campus. With that you see how the few semi literate and literate ones amongst them use their goons as tools for achieving political ambitions
Re: Jos Crisis Again by RichyBlacK(m): 10:12pm On Jan 18, 2010
ElRazur:
It is true. You perfectly demonstrated that during your time as a mod.

@ElRazur,

I suggest that you chew your words before spiiting them out.

You may wish to know that being a moderator on NL is not synonymous to being a government official in a kleptocracy like Nigeria.

NL needs moderators and you're free to apply to be one and let us see the caliber of your moderation.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by naijaking1: 10:57pm On Jan 18, 2010
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100118/ap_on_re_af/af_nigeria_violence

Who is saying that Nigeria shouldn't be on the terrorist watch list again
Re: Jos Crisis Again by ElRazur: 11:00pm On Jan 18, 2010
RichyBlacK:

@ElRazur,

I suggest that you chew your words before spiiting them out.

You may wish to know that being a moderator on NL is not synonymous to being a government official in a kleptocracy like Nigeria.

NL needs moderators and you're free to apply to be one and let us see the caliber of your moderation.

I suggest you engage your brain so as to see the bigger picture.

You are quick to criticise, yet when the same approach was applied to you, you start to moan. Gosh. The irony.

This is not about me sir, this is about your ineffectiveness and next to uselessness as a mod. smiley
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Tsiya(m): 11:24pm On Jan 18, 2010
kizie:

I was a victim in the first and second crisis, those boys(hausa) are heartless and there even kill other moslems who re not Hausa's. the problem is not just been educated but its poverty and psychological.This has justified Nigeria as a terrorist state.

Certainly a lot of things need to be done in Nigeria to curtail to rampant violence.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by edoyad(m): 11:51pm On Jan 18, 2010
The people of plateau state have to resist this aggression totally. Next thing you know they will want sharia implemented in some local govts in plateau state.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by naijaking1: 1:23am On Jan 19, 2010
edoyad:

The people of plateau state have to resist this aggression totally. Next thing you know they will want sharia implemented in some local govts in plateau state.

Christians all over Nigeria have a special obligation to help their brethren in Plateau get rid of this cancer called ----- islamic riots.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by RichyBlacK(m): 8:29am On Jan 19, 2010
ElRazur:

I suggest you engage your brain so as to see the bigger picture.

You are quick to criticise, yet when the same approach was applied to you, you start to moan. Gosh. The irony.

This is not about me sir, this is about your ineffectiveness and next to uselessness as a mod. smiley

ElRazur,

You're a complete fool. I see you're trying to get me start a long-run exchange of jabs with you, just like you've been doing with Beaf. My question to you scoundrel is this: Why are you seeking so much attention? Is your hopeless life also boring?

If you like, go and jump inside ocean, I maintain my stand that Nigeria, your country, has the most useless government in the cosmos! Asswipe!
Re: Jos Crisis Again by ElRazur: 8:57am On Jan 19, 2010
RichyBlacK:

ElRazur,

You're a complete slowpoke. I see you're trying to get me start a long-run exchange of jabs with you, just like you've been doing with Beaf. My question to you scoundrel is this: Why are you seeking so much attention? Is your hopeless life also boring?

If you like, go and jump inside ocean, I maintain my stand that Nigeria, your country, has the most useless government in the cosmos! Asswipe!

You really are just a joke.

I maintain my stand too that you are just as useless as the government you criticise.

Surely, anyone with half a brain can see that. smiley
Re: Jos Crisis Again by RichyBlacK(m): 9:00am On Jan 19, 2010
ElRazur:

You really are just a joke.

I maintain my stand too that you are just as useless as the government you criticise.

Surely, anyone with half a brain can see that. smiley

Try to get a life outside NL, you scumbag. And I maintain that you're lactating ladyboy! Asswipe!
Re: Jos Crisis Again by ElRazur: 9:20am On Jan 19, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Try to get a life outside NL, you scumbag. And I maintain that you're lactating ladyboy! Asswipe!

Please come back with something more meaningful. smiley
Re: Jos Crisis Again by RichyBlacK(m): 9:27am On Jan 19, 2010
ElRazur:

Please come back with something more meaningful. smiley

No insult here. Good.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by jamace(m): 9:38am On Jan 19, 2010
The crisis in Jos is getting worse. The Commisioner for Information, Plateau State has just announced a 24- Hour curfew imposed on Jos-Bukuru Metropolis. Workers have been told to vacate all offices and return to their homes immediately.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by darqly(m): 10:56am On Jan 19, 2010
@wilywily,i'm not a southerner.I'm actually part hausa BUT i've never been a muslim though my name's arabic.The sooner de north realises that they should kill their elite,the better for them and nigeria.Just a bunch of silly beggars.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by otokx(m): 11:15am On Jan 19, 2010
I hear there is now 24 hours curfew in some places.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by edoyad(m): 11:31am On Jan 19, 2010
It means jos in on the precipice for a 24 hr curfew to be placed. If this matter is not handled properly then it might spread to other parts very soon.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by asha80(m): 12:12pm On Jan 19, 2010
Jos crisis : Constant killings could lead to disintegration
National News Jan 19, 2010

By Taye Obateru

Jos — President-General of the Yoruba Community in Plateau State, Chief Toye Ogunshuyi, has warned that the constant killing of Nigerians from other parts of the country in the Northern part could lead to Nigeria’s disintegration.

He stated this shortly after paying a visit to the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Greg Anyating, disclosing that no fewer that 10 Yoruba people have been reported killed in the latest violence.

He said situations like this could lead to reprisal in other parts of the country which could threaten the country’s unity, adding: “My people are dying; they are burning their houses. We just woke up and found ourselves in this mess. Some of us have to take refuge in the church.

“We want to know if this is Nigeria. If as Nigerians we cannot come here to live peacefully, then we will now tell our people in the South to fight back. We are not going to allow this to go the way it went the last time and some of us are still left homeless.

“The Oba Yoruba (of Jos) is waiting for me now for us to go and assess the situation and once it is beyond our control, we will phone Lagos, Ibadan and other states,” he told journalists.

Ogunshuyi recalled that the Yoruba down-played the killing during the 2008 crisis of three youth corps members who were all of Yoruba extraction to avoid reprisal, adding: “Enough is enough. If Nigeria must be one, then they must demonstrate it now or else we shall hit back.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/01/19/jos-crisis-constant-killings-could-lead-to-disintegration/comment-page-1/#comments
Re: Jos Crisis Again by honsule(m): 1:48pm On Jan 19, 2010
otokx:

I hear there is now 24 hours curfew in some places.

confirmed.my bros in Jos just called me to tell me that.Even calls within Jos hardly go thru,he chip in.Gun shots are heard in sensitive areas.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by SapeleGuy: 1:59pm On Jan 19, 2010
The military should be deployed to handle this situation in Jos and not the whole country, this one don pass police matter.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by monkeyleg: 2:12pm On Jan 19, 2010
@ Ndu chuks,

I share your view, that what we dont need now is a break-up especially with the current state of the country. However you need a very good a progressive leader, who can work through all the problems without fear and provide and all encompassing solution. And the truth is that the current leadership lacks what it takes.

You do have countries like the UK, that we can learn from. In the UK they have the Welsh Assembly, The Northern Ireland Assembly and the Scottish Assembly. They more or less gorven thenselves, with thier own laws, but at some stage still comeback to central gorvenment. That will work so well in Nigeria. There is so much that cam be done to foster unity in our country, but I doubt the current gorvenment (leader less), has the will, strength and direction to do it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu And Fashola In Land Scam Worth Billions / Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen / FG To Use Local Textile For Military, Paramilitary Uniforms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.