Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,257 members, 7,970,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:41 PM

Jos Crisis Again - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Crisis Again (13542 Views)

The True Cause Of Reported Jos Crisis / Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again / Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Crisis Again by Binsule(m): 8:10pm On Jan 19, 2010
God help Nigeria
we realy have greave leadership problem,look at what the president of the yoruba community of jos is stating he is saying that if action is not taken he will, I dont even want to say that again. By saying that he is not just qualing innocent lives an property but tanishing and ruing the country. All we have to do as citizens of one country is prayer whicheve religion you practice not urging for more of what is just going on.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by adconline(m): 8:24pm On Jan 19, 2010
Who says Nigeria is not a terrorist state?
Re: Jos Crisis Again by ayinba1(f): 8:36pm On Jan 19, 2010
Will Jang offer protection to Non Northerners that are impacted by this crisis? OOps, no he won't; he's a muslim, isn't he?
When we fail to ask the right questions, we will never get the right answers.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by edoyad(m): 8:51pm On Jan 19, 2010
Ayinba you this almajiri stop making a fo.ol of yourself, we know you're a hausa man. By the way David Jonah Jang will provide safety for both the christians and southern muslims who are resisting the almajiris madness. The day you hear an Almajiri bearing David Jonah Jang then you can be sure you're in heaven with your 72 virgins.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by ayinba1(f): 8:56pm On Jan 19, 2010
@edoyad,

Again, thousands of Nigerian Naira wasted on you to have the experience of leaving your village. Totally wasted. Why would I claim to be Yoruba if I am not? Please rest this issue, It is irrelevant at this point.

You miss sarcasm even when it is sitting right on the tip of your nose. Has Jang offered protection yet? Please post a reliable link if you do have an answer.

Think well before you post. You remain, a northerner, to the average Nigerian.

Thank you.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by daberechim: 1:17pm On Jan 20, 2010
The northern muslims are bunch of terrorist. we have to put these northern states in the list of terrorist states in Nigeria (Jos, Kaduna, Kano, Maidugury, katsina). Beware of these states because they are high risk states. The lawyers amongs us should go to court for Nigerian youth corp members not to be sent to these states for national services because these states have vampires as leaders.

The only solution is to give standing orders to Police commissioners, GOC's, brigade commanders in these states that whoever allows these in his state risk loosing his or her job.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Funakaye: 8:05pm On Jan 20, 2010
Take note those who are blaspheming the religion or religious symbols or teachings are adding salt into injury. Keep off!
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Fhemmmy: 8:06pm On Jan 20, 2010
daberechim:

The northern muslims are bunch of terrorist. we have to put these northern states in the list of terrorist states in Nigeria (Jos, Kaduna, Kano, Maidugury, katsina). Beware of these states because they are high risk states. The lawyers amongs us should go to court for Nigerian youth corp members not to be sent to these states for national services because these states have vampires as leaders.

The only solution is to give standing orders to Police commissioners, GOC's, brigade commanders in these states that whoever allows these in his state risk loosing his or her job.

Those states are Nigerian state and listing them is as good as listing Nigeria to the list of Terrorists
Re: Jos Crisis Again by udezue(m): 9:17pm On Jan 20, 2010
Any Southerner especially from the East who moves to any of those listed terrorist states should know by now that they can be dead any time for any reason.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Fhemmmy: 9:20pm On Jan 20, 2010
udezue:

Any Southerner especially from the East who moves to any of those listed terrorist states should know by now that they can be dead any time for any reason.

So u mean business should stand still then?
I think the govt is who need to do something, as a Nigerian, we shd be able to move anywhere within the nation.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by udezue(m): 9:25pm On Jan 20, 2010
That's ur freaking business. Flemmy, as long as u have a useless government then u need to use ur damn common sense in Nigeria. Nigerian government wont do shitt so if u want to move up north then u better carry a matchette and AK 47 or risk getting burnt up. The best thing any self respecting Igbo or Efik will do is stay back in the East/South and invest heavily in his region where his hardwork will be appreciated. My mom avoided Northern Nigeria at all cost and we never went hungry. The only person that will go is my father and that's usually when he was going on a trip abroad and needed to use the airport.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by darqly(m): 9:33pm On Jan 20, 2010
Violence only begets violence.In the punch newspaper today,the daft imam of the jos central mosque said it was reckless of the police commissioner to infer that the crisis was started by moslem youths! I've never heard that christians divided weapons after a sermon and slaughtered innocents in my entire life. This is the exclusive preserve of the cowardly moslems. Word is they got a DAMN good licking AGAIN especially in jos south- Bukuru looks like de aftermath of hiroshima.I don't rejoice that lives were lost but i'm happy that moslems are aware that in jos,its an eye for a pair of eyes. Jos is OUR land, go terrorise someplace else.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Yusufi(m): 9:29am On Jan 21, 2010
I believe, going by the most recent census, there are more xtians and muslims livin in Kano than in Jos. So, the big questions is why aren't they killing each other at the slightest provocation to the extent of degenerating into a full blown ethno-religious crises?

The reason is not far fetched from the fact that the government of Kano state has been able to provide the enabling environment and security for all businesses to thrive irrespective of whether their promoters are so called settlers or indigenes. Infact, the influx of entrepreneurial "settlers" into Kano decades back happens to be one of the reasons why it is considered to be the economic hurb of northern Nigeria. In order words, all enterpreneurs are encouraged to conduct their affairs so far they contribute to the creation of employment opportunities and improve the lot of the masses. On the other hand, insider-accounts have it that the indigenes and government of the day in Plateau are aggrieved by the fact that the vast majority of trade activities have always been and are promoted by the Hausa/Fulanis whose fore-fathers were also engaged in same and as such feel threatened and insecure by their domination of its economy. It is for this and so many other reason that a conspiracy for the indigenes to take over the economic affairs of their state was embarked upon in all sorts of fashion. Nigeria of course, being wat it is, always carries a disguised ethno-religious tone to all forms of dispute in an attempt to gain recognition and sympathy. IN SUMMARY, THE GOVT. OF PLATEAU IS ENGULFED IN SENTIMENTS AND SHEER MOCKERY AT THE CORE ESSENCE OF DEMOCRATIC VALUES.

The only possible solution is for the government to train & economically empower its rather un-entrepreneurial indigenes rather than encourage them to nurse jealousy and hatered towards the progressive settlers. Jang is in my definition an epitome of a local warlord. Nemesis & time would surely catch up with him for all the blood-shed that he is purpoted to have condoled & master-minded because he is a precise definition of FAILURE!!!
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 21, 2010
Yeah you're somehow right, Jonah Jang seems to favour his indigenous people from all his pronouncements and posturings against the FG. One needs a very long spoon to dine with the devil, the solution is not to drive the Hausa/Fulani settlers completely out of Jos. Give them protection for their businesses & families & try as much as possible to integrate them into the local environment while monitoring them closely because we all know they are mostly bloodthirsty savages. Let them even access elective offices to a certain degree, while we prosecute the greater cause through constitutional amendments, etc.

But again there's been so much animosity cultivated between the Hausa/Fulani Muslims & the Northern 'minorities', so much distrust. The other Northern tribes have been cheated, slaughtered and oppressed in their own lands for way too long, its not easy to forgive & forget. That's where Jang is coming from. He doesnt realise that if he goes all out like this the Northern Mafia will covertly mobilise the security apparati of the Nigerian State (which by the way is in their full control) against him and his people. That's what they've been doing these past few days.

Jang needs to realize that he is just a chief administrative officer of his state, even the commissioner of police does not report to him. The North will never support state police, in anticipation of eventualities such as these. Read IBB's lips when he just recently turned coat and started asking for state based police. He's also a minority and he knows his people are at risk.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by edoyad(m): 12:26pm On Jan 21, 2010
@yusufi are you kidding me ? grin . The plateau people are jealous of "hausas" ? Kano is a safe place for christians ? What's next ? hausa people in benue and taraba are the victims of the middle belt's intolerance ?
Sorry to burst your bubble my dude but hausa people have been statistically proven to be one of the poorest and least developed people in all of africa. Illiteracy, poverty, mother infant mortality etc just name it and your answer is there. How many plateau people do you see begging on the streets of abuja, Lagos or porthacourt ? Most of the hausa's in jos have links to surrounding hausa states, isn't that ? I have never been there myself but people who have say when you go to such places like bauchi, zamfara, jigawa, yobe, sokoto you wonder where the town is cos they're actually more like villages. The middle belt too is poor too but It's atleast much better than hausaland and also trying to develop itself.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by RSA(m): 12:32pm On Jan 21, 2010
Plateau State governor Jonah Jang said the violence was not provoked by a lack of opportunity in this rural farming community. He claimed many of the attackers were from Muslim-dominant northern Nigeria and from the nearby, predominantly Muslim nations of Niger and Chad.

"There are people masterminding this for their own selfish reasons," said Jang, who is Christian.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/01/20/ap/africa/main6118561.shtml

So just like South Africans,Nigeria blames their neighbour for their crisis,the above statement if was made by a South African Minister,all hell would have broke loose,This is xenophobic at its worst.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Damoche10: 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2010
The time has come! We need REVOLUTION in this country!
Security report to the federal government would have pointed to some of the culprits involved.
The government would end up shying away from the truth and assume that all is well.
This is more than ethnic clash. These so called muslims should bow their heads in shame.
SE NA ONLY UNA? Haba!
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Yusufi(m): 2:59pm On Jan 21, 2010
What baffles me about the vast majority of the youthful generation is that most of us do not even now how to analyse situations and tend to jump into conclusions merely by glancing tru pages of dailies without proper insight into circumstances that could lead to possible happenings. There is no way on earth anyone can satisfactorily convince me that the state government is not in the know regarding the incessant crises that take place in Jos every now and then. If it is certain that some highly placed politicians and business moguls within the state and beyond are the ones responsible for the chaos as being insinuated by the government of plateau state, they would be doing themselves and the citizenry of the Federal Republic of Nigeria a great deal of favour by exposing them, & charging them to court for onward prosecution as anything short of this would infer the government's involvement in the pre-meditated crises. Moreover, Plateau is a PDP state vastly controlled by the indigenes & should as such have no problems in exposing and prosecuting perpetuators especially if they are considered to be of opposing parties & ethnicity.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by ayinba1(f): 3:41pm On Jan 21, 2010
ziddy:

But again there's been so much animosity cultivated between the Hausa/Fulani Muslims & the Northern 'minorities', so much distrust. The other Northern tribes have been cheated, slaughtered and oppressed in their own lands for way too long, its not easy to forgive & forget. That's where Jang is coming from. He doesnt realise that if he goes all out like this the Northern Mafia will covertly mobilise the security apparati of the Nigerian State (which by the way is in their full control) against him and his people. That's what they've been doing these past few days.

Jang needs to realize that he is just a chief administrative officer of his state, even the commissioner of police does not report to him. The North will never support state police, in anticipation of eventualities such as these. Read IBB's lips when he just recently turned coat and started asking for state based police. He's also a minority and he knows his people are at risk.

Trying to understand your point here. Now it is time for revenge? Or this current crisis ant the governor's position is understandable?

Most of the posters here who say they lived in Jos described it as being peaceful so exactly when did the other Northern tribes in Jos/Plateau get "cheated, slaughtered and oppressed"?
Re: Jos Crisis Again by ayinba1(f): 3:46pm On Jan 21, 2010
darqly:

Violence only begets violence.In the punch newspaper today,the daft imam of the jos central mosque said it was reckless of the police commissioner to infer that the crisis was started by moslem youths! I've never heard that christians divided weapons after a sermon and slaughtered innocents in my entire life. This is the exclusive preserve of the cowardly moslems. Word is they got a DAMN good licking AGAIN especially in jos south- Bukuru looks like de aftermath of hiroshima.I don't rejoice that lives were lost but i'm happy that moslems are aware that in jos,its an eye for a pair of eyes. Jos is OUR land, go terrorise someplace else.

No you are so not rejoicing. Even though "they" had guns, "they " got a "damn"-----"AGAIN".
My goodness, you are despicable and also a liar. This is NOT the first time that muslims were slaughtered en masse in S.Bukuru and yet "they" are the terrorists.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by DatNiggaAk(m): 3:53pm On Jan 21, 2010
My suggestion to the Jos people is that they should deal decisively with the Hausa/Fulani islamist once and for all.
i think a genocide is necessary in Jos to teach this people a lesson that they are not the only ones that can get violent.
the last time time, they started burning churches around 2am after the local govt election.
now they attack Christians who are coming from church on a Sunday because they know they won't be not armed.
the sad thing is that they try and use religion to disguise it but it is not religious. its ethnic but since their religion spurs them to violence they use it to start chanting "allahu akbar" as their battle cry.
they kill everyone that is not hausa including yoruba moslems.
they tried it in kaduna and the southern kaduna youths taught them a lesson about violence so there is calm there now.
the jos people should go back to their generals and come out with war paints and exterminate these hausa/fulani vermin.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by samcc30(m): 7:41pm On Jan 21, 2010
y
Re: Jos Crisis Again by otokx(m): 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2010
They should leave the JOS indigenous people and be content with their Sokoto, Kano and the rest of them.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Yusufi(m): 9:38pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ Gunz Blazing

It seems like you are one of those that tend to believe all that you read on the pages of news papers without further recourse to further analysis. I had lived in Jos for a while & can categorically say that you do not have any iota of knowledge regarding the so called indigenes of Plateau. Majority of the men folks esp the middle aged to older ones hardly ever engage in meaningful economic activities as in most cases, their wives happen to be the ones that sustain the families tru farming & other petty trades like selling of roasted corn etc. As for the men, they spend most of their time drinking palm wine. Moreover if u re very familiar wit d Plateau, u wldn't doubt the fact dat the major business merchants in Plateau re of Hausa/Fulani ethnicity. Speakin of poverty, I can confirm to you that most of those persons you term to be beggars are more financially endowed than most of us on this forum coz they invested heavily in real estate, agriculture & animal farming back in their respective home towns. The begging aspect is simply brisk business for them. Also, the extent of economic activities in Kano state far exceeds those of any other state in the federation xcept for the regular big players of Lagos, Port harcourt & probably Oyo state. So, the average Hausa/Fulani is by far more entrepreneural and financially independent than the indigenes of Plateau. You dnt have to believe me coz its easier for you to simply digest wat you read on the pages of dailies. Good luck with that.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Uche2nna(m): 9:42pm On Jan 21, 2010
Yusufi:

The begging aspect is simply brisk business for them. Also, the extent of economic activities in Kano state far exceeds those of any other state in the federation xcept for the regular big players of Lagos, Port harcourt & probably Oyo state. So, the average Hausa/Fulani is by far more entrepreneural and financially independent than the indigenes of Plateau. You dnt have to believe me coz its easier for you to simply digest wat you read on the pages of dailies. Good luck with that.

And I think I have heard it all on NL. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Jos Crisis Again by marvelck: 11:34am On Jan 25, 2010
Everybody is just blaming the hausa muslims and politicians for all the crisis in Jos-Plateau State. Nobody is thinking why all of this is happening. Nobody is blaming it on the sins in the land. for Jos has become a land with so much immoralities. a land where virtually everybody is sleeping with everybody. where all the guys are sleeping with all the girls and vice-versa. and where women (even married women) sleeps around with men and vice-versa. and where there's so much wickedness in the land, and deception in churches and the increasing rate in the practice of money rituals by many.a land where people just go to church as part of tradition/normal sunday routine, and not for salvation.where majority of the churches are mere buildings full of deception and fake believers and not houses of GOD. Jos has become a land full of immoralities. everybody need to think. because everybody is involved.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by marvelck: 11:49am On Jan 25, 2010
the problem in Jos-Plateau, is not only political and religious, there's more to it. and this has to do with the rate of immoralities and level of wickedness in Jos-Plateau. you need to go there and see the kind of immoral lifestyle they live over there. from the top to the lowest man and woman in the street. and there's so much wickedness among the people there. and the majority of the christians there are not genuine christians (true believers). they go to church on sundays and commit immoralities from mondays till saturdays, and then go to church again on sunday. it's like a "vicious circle" in many house-holds, they have two to three teenage mothers. girls of about 14-16 years, becoming single mothers with no husbands or the "useless" men responsible for their conditions around. the guys there are fond of "chopping, impregnating and dumping these girls" and leave them to the mothers to cater for. while most of their women and girls (including married women) flirt and sleep around with men. one can go on and on with the terrible things that goes on in Jos-Plateau State. everybody is involved. the people there, need to come together and seek for forgiveness from GOD and depart from their sinful ways. the immoralities there is just too much.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by knightride: 2:42pm On Jan 25, 2010
marvelck:

Everybody is just blaming the hausa muslims and politicians for all the crisis in Jos-Plateau State. Nobody is thinking why all of this is happening. Nobody is blaming it on the sins in the land. for Jos has become a land with so much immoralities. a land where virtually everybody is sleeping with everybody. where all the guys are sleeping with all the girls and vice-versa. and where women (even married women) sleeps around with men and vice-versa. and where there's so much wickedness in the land, and deception in churches and the increasing rate in the practice of money rituals by many.a land where people just go to church as part of tradition/normal sunday routine, and not for salvation.where majority of the churches are mere buildings full of deception and fake believers and not houses of GOD. Jos has become a land full of immoralities. everybody need to think. because everybody is involved.   

Thank you for the rhetoric!
Is Jos the only place where all those things take place?If that is the case, then all nigerian states are guilty.
Pls think well!
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 25, 2010
ayinba1:

Trying to understand your point here. Now it is time for revenge? Or this current crisis ant the governor's position is understandable?

Most of the posters here who say they lived in Jos described it as being peaceful so exactly when did the other Northern tribes in Jos/Plateau get "cheated, slaughtered and oppressed"?

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said it was time for revenge, I'm talking about Jos people's refusal to grant Hausa settlers indigeneship, and by extension rights to political office.

Seems you are not too familiar with the history of Northern Nigeria and the peculiar relationship between the Hausa/Fulani and the other smaller tribes.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by marvelck: 4:23pm On Jan 25, 2010
but Jos own too much.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by marvelck: 4:45pm On Jan 25, 2010
and like the adage that says "THERE IS NOWHERE THAT THEY DON'T COOK AT NIGHT, BUT IT IS DONE MORE IN SOME PLACES THAN THE REST" describes the case of Jos, when it comes immoralities. mind you, i'm not bias when it comes to issues like this. i like calling a spade a spade. and i thought over it well. good evening!
Re: Jos Crisis Again by bigleap: 10:44am On Mar 24, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governors Have No Right To Reduce Minimum Wage – FG / My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC / Nine Governors Behind Attempt To Re-Classify Minimum Wage – NLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.