Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,777 members, 7,918,449 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 10:24 AM

Bola Tinubu Stops Pastor Bakare's Radio Message - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu Stops Pastor Bakare's Radio Message (1157 Views)

Photo Of Bola Tinubu On The 'wall Of Fame' As An Outstanding Alumni In America / The Begining Of The End Of Bola Tinubu / Bola Tinubu's Fence And The Sambisa Forest Poster. #WTF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bola Tinubu Stops Pastor Bakare's Radio Message by hillsate: 9:16pm On Jan 17, 2010
Pastor Tunde Bakare, one of the organizers of the Save Nigeria Group could not be heard on Radio Continental FM in Lagos this weekend, despite the fact he had paid for this message to be broadcast. The broadcast was canceled only a few minutes before it due to be aired. Although the stoppage was implemented by the Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation (NBC), sources close to the owner of Continental Radio FM, former Lagos Governor, Bola Tinubu, told Saharareporters that he was personally behind the cancellation because of his cosy relationship with the Yar'Adua regime.

The former governor remains fearful of prosecution over allegations of corruption compiled by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). He is believed to be mobilizing against the mass rally slated by the Save Nigeria Group for Lagos next Thursday, January 21.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news/4863-bola-tinubu-stops-pastor-bakares-radio-message.html
Re: Bola Tinubu Stops Pastor Bakare's Radio Message by 0hsisi: 9:18pm On Jan 17, 2010
The guilty are indeed afraid
Re: Bola Tinubu Stops Pastor Bakare's Radio Message by hillsate: 9:28pm On Jan 17, 2010
As long as we keep fighting and using every means possible to suppress the truth,  we are in trouble! But people I HAVE A DREAM THAT SOMEDAY, THE TRUTH WILL IN THE OPEN FOR ALL TO SEE.
Re: Bola Tinubu Stops Pastor Bakare's Radio Message by bluespice(f): 9:33pm On Jan 17, 2010
since when did tinubu have a 'cozy' relationship with yaradua?
i'm calling bullshit on this!
Re: Bola Tinubu Stops Pastor Bakare's Radio Message by metalgong5(m): 9:34pm On Jan 17, 2010
So Yoruba people even saboteur themselves . . .  
Re: Bola Tinubu Stops Pastor Bakare's Radio Message by aloyemeka7: 9:35pm On Jan 17, 2010
Tinubu may be an unrepentant criminal but I doubt if he has any cosy relationship with Yaradua. Although, we are yet to know what 'cosy' means in this aspect.
Re: Bola Tinubu Stops Pastor Bakare's Radio Message by aloyemeka7: 9:36pm On Jan 17, 2010
metal-gong:

So Yoruba people even saboteur themselves . . .  

How is save Nigeria a Yoruba affair?. Is Tunde Bakare fighting for Afenifere or for common Nigerians? undecided undecided
Re: Bola Tinubu Stops Pastor Bakare's Radio Message by Beaf: 9:39pm On Jan 17, 2010
aloy*emeka:

Tinubu may be an unrepentant criminal but I doubt if he has any cosy relationship with Yaradua. Although, we are yet to know what 'cosy' means in this aspect.

It is Northern cabal + Tinubu + Saraki + Aondoakaa + Ibori.
Re: Bola Tinubu Stops Pastor Bakare's Radio Message by sjeezy8: 9:43pm On Jan 17, 2010
Tinubu is VERY cosy with the yaradua govt, if not Lagos wouldnt have gotten that far esp with the govt approval of things in Lagos. When Obasanjo was there, him and tinubu were enemies and frustrated any and everything in Lagos state.

but w/e doesnt matter, Everyone is playing for themselves its about time others do the same.
Re: Bola Tinubu Stops Pastor Bakare's Radio Message by pcicero(m): 12:27am On Jan 18, 2010
News* Though I am not surprised considering Tinubu's antecedents. He sure knows how to fight dirty. As for planning to stifle a popular protest, let's just wait and see. I overheard Bisi Akande on the TV saying the decision on BRF's second term has not been taken by them. I asked myself if they are in any way different from PDP. I keep telling my folks, BRF is only a good product and it has nothing to do with the party.
I witnessed 4 years of disappointment in Osun State when the same Akande was governor and it was so bad he knew he could never come back.
We, the people of Lagos, do not need the likes of Akande, Ajomale, Tinubu etc.(though he gave us Fashola) to tell us who we want to rule us.
Re: Bola Tinubu Stops Pastor Bakare's Radio Message by aloyemeka7: 12:36am On Jan 18, 2010
Come to think of it, how can Tinubu stifle the protest when he was in the Abuja march last week?. Something is not right with this gist.
Re: Bola Tinubu Stops Pastor Bakare's Radio Message by pcicero(m): 12:43am On Jan 18, 2010
^
I think i agree with you.
Re: Bola Tinubu Stops Pastor Bakare's Radio Message by marvix(m): 1:02am On Jan 18, 2010
I don't understand wat is meant by cosy here but to me Tinubu has so far been the best opposition leader in this dispensation he has had cause to disagree with the govt but weneva d govt makes a positive impact he also commends the govt nd most times has constructively engaged the govt.maybe the broadcast could be misrepresented that was why he was against it nd mayb in the interest of peace I'm not sayin that the gist is true or I know y he made this move but we stil hav to realise that these people can still have good intentions for what they do nd we should not always pass a guilty verdict just bicos they did something against what we expected

(1) (Reply)

Kudos To Naija: Omo Ibo Is Best GCSE Student In The Uk / Obasanjo Considers Retr. Gen Olurin And Iyabo For Ogun Governor And Deputy / Alaafin Of Oyo,sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.