Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,725 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:22 AM

How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! (696 Views)

Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. / Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype / My Wife Lied About Her Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by royyaldiadem(f): 10:00pm On May 31, 2017
Hi all!

I have been dating my man for at least 2 years now, when we started getting to know each other he talked casually about ex's. He mentioned how he was deeply in love with his ex and when he was ready to propose they went to check their genotype and it turned out that they were both AS & AS. This caused issues for them and the relationship had to end.

My biggest worry is that I unfortunately am an AS and I know how much heartbreak it will cause for both of us and and our families, I really don't know what to do, I've asked friends, I've prayed but I don't know how to tell him because he's finishing meds school and talking of settling down already. I am completely distraught and confused...

Please can you all give some advice, encouragement or even personal experience on how to handle this situation really appreciate!
Re: How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by dingbang(m): 10:02pm On May 31, 2017
You know the right thing to do.. Seeking for empathy won't do you any good
Re: How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by LordIsaac(m): 10:09pm On May 31, 2017
We just buried a friend last Tuesday who finally died at 30 after very agonising growing up years as an SS. My dear, your ordeal would be better imagined if you married an AS man as an AS yourself against all odds. For therein you would learn the limitations of "love."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by royyaldiadem(f): 10:10pm On May 31, 2017
dingbang:
You know the right thing to do.. Seeking for empathy won't do you any good

@dingbang I know but it is not as easy as I thought, I don't know how I will start again.... sad
Re: How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by dingbang(m): 10:18pm On May 31, 2017
royyaldiadem:

@dingbang I know but it is not as easy as I thought, I don't know how I will start again.... sad
visit a hospital where sickle cell patients are admitted and you will know how to start again..... I am just being mean because if you end up giving birth to an SS, you will hate yourself...

So avoid that now and let go... You are still young, aren't you?

1 Like

Re: How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by royyaldiadem(f): 10:31pm On May 31, 2017
dingbang:
visit a hospital where sickle cell patients are admitted and you will know how to start again..... I am just being mean because if you end up giving birth to an SS, you will hate yourself...

So avoid that now and let go... You are still young, aren't you?

yes o I'm only 25 but yeah I know the right thing to do and I don't want sick children.. Its just life, I know the relationship will have to end...
Re: How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by dingbang(m): 10:32pm On May 31, 2017
royyaldiadem:

yes o I'm only 25 but yeah I know the right thing to do and I don't want sick children.. Its just life, I know the relationship will have to end...
good.... So move on .enter dating and hook up section in nairaland, hook up with new people. You will be glad you did.
Re: How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by royyaldiadem(f): 10:33pm On May 31, 2017
dingbang:
good.... So move on .enter dating and hook up section in nairaland, hook up with new people. You will be glad you did.

thank you for the advice
Re: How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by dingbang(m): 10:46pm On May 31, 2017
royyaldiadem:

thank you for the advice
you welcome darling
Re: How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by NwaAmaikpe: 10:58pm On May 31, 2017
Genotype is nothing where there is true love

True love conquers all!!!
Re: How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by Nobody: 11:22pm On May 31, 2017
royyaldiadem:

I fear that after you leave him to marry someone else. You guys will still find a way to always be intimate or even have sex even after Marriage.
Re: How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by royyaldiadem(f): 11:58pm On May 31, 2017
cruchenuti:

I fear that after you leave him to marry someone else. You guys will still find a way to always be intimate or even have sex even after Marriage.

to be honest I worry about the same thing cry we have spent almost everyday together having to end everything abruptly will take a lot of healing but it is all for the best... cry
Re: How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by TheeDetective: 1:04am On Jun 01, 2017
Are you waiting to hear from us that its ok for both of you to carry on? undecided The genotype issue should have been the first question you should have asked before venturing into the relationship. He is in the medical field so one would expect him to know better. If you would not have kids then you can go ahead but if you would be thinking of having kids then it’s not advisable as there is no guarantee that you might not have SS children. Maybe you need to go to the hospital to see for yourself the crisis that an SS child goes through then may be your eyes will clear because the love you think you have for him if at all you have an SS child going through crisis, will disappear. ENOUGH SAID.

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by greatgod2012(f): 12:13pm On Jun 01, 2017
My sister, love alone is not enough o, except you're not planning to have kids! If you're planning to have kids, then, you're not meant for each other!

I'm even surprised that, at this age, you got deep in a relationship without blood group and genotype tests!

If that your man is actually in medical line as you have rightly pointed out, then, he should know better!

Please, find a way of ending it to avoid stories that touch in the future!

May God guide you aright!
Re: How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by jmoore(m): 2:58pm On Jun 01, 2017
How can we help? undecided

Convert AS to AA, and you are good to go.

(1) (Reply)

99% Of Your Health Problems Will Be Resolved If You Follow These 3 Steps / Easy Cake Recipes And Fondant Making For Beginners(online training). / Ladies Who Are Addicts Of Social Media Are Bad Examples, Loose And Promiscuous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.