Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,197 members, 7,887,491 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:40 AM

Woman Sentence To Death For Being Raped By Her Cousin At Gunpoint - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Sentence To Death For Being Raped By Her Cousin At Gunpoint (583 Views)

Afeez Ogunbowale Rapes 2 Muslim Virgins, LASU Students At Gunpoint / Hadiza Babayo: Lady Kidnaps Her Cousin For N6m Ransom In Gombe State [photo] / Corper From Kano Almost Killed By Her Cousin 2 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Sentence To Death For Being Raped By Her Cousin At Gunpoint by Icedprince1d(m): 10:59pm On May 31, 2017
A 19-year-old Pakistan woman, has been flogged with a death sentence after she was raped by her cousin at gunpoint. The victim was raped while sleeping at her family home in Rajanpur in Pakistan central punjab province.

She had reported the incident to panchayat, a local court that operates outside the official justice system in rural Pakistan. Instead of justice, the group turned on her accusing her of seducing her attacker.

Named only as Shumaila, the woman said: “I could not raise an alarm as Ahmed (her attacker) was holding a gun. But the panchayat refused to accept my statement and declared that I wilfully slept with him.”

Reports from Pakistan's Express Tribune assert the panchayat, which includes the alleged attacker's dad, found the victim guilty of infidelity, branding her a "kari" or adulteress.

As indicated by local media, Shumaila was then sentenced to death by stoning, a verdict she could spare herself from in the event that she consented to be sold off.

No move was made against the alleged attacker, named locally as Khalil Ahmed.

Dreading for her life, Shumaila, alongside her dad, swung to nearby police for help.

An investigation has been propelled into her ordeal, and a search warrant has been issued for members of the tribal council.

An arrest warrant has additionally been issued Ahmed.

Women proclaimed "Kari" are regularly executed by their own families in purported respect killings as a major aspect of endeavors to reestablish their reputation.

Keeping in mind the end goal to protect the victim from all parties, police say she has been given asylum at an administration run safe house for women.

https://princepalacenews..com.ng/2017/05/cruel-woman-sentence-to-death-for-being.html?m=1

Re: Woman Sentence To Death For Being Raped By Her Cousin At Gunpoint by lexicarez: 11:01pm On May 31, 2017
Does this even make sense...... Nawa ooo
Re: Woman Sentence To Death For Being Raped By Her Cousin At Gunpoint by ekensi01: 11:06pm On May 31, 2017
Thank God no be Nigeria.

Make una shift make i pass.
Re: Woman Sentence To Death For Being Raped By Her Cousin At Gunpoint by Nobody: 2:55am On Jun 01, 2017
you seduce me?you die...religion of peace...only them get "respect killing of sinners" and such...

(1) (Reply)

Georgia's Security Sends Bloody Message To ISIS - Aljazeera / People Committing Suicide In Calabar / Nigeria Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Ramadan Dates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.