Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,879 members, 7,915,521 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 05:33 AM

South South - People Without A Purpose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South South - People Without A Purpose (5448 Views)

Some South South People And Their Confused Nature. / Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt / South South People Calling Radio Biafra Narrating How They Are Called "Omo Igbo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

South South - People Without A Purpose by mesoprogress(m): 6:09am On Jun 02, 2017
I have watched with utter dismay the sloppy attitude of people living in the region called South South or Niger Delta. They seem to be a people without a unity of purpose and never fought any cause to a logical end.

I remember the militant time Asari Dokubo, Tompolo and others. We thought they would get something tangible for their people, alas they all sheath their swords with government giving them juicy contracts. Then came the Avengers, who couldn't achieve anything. Niger Delta Avengers further aggravated environmental damage in Niger Delta for the personal gains. What a shame

Having travelled through Niger Delta, through the Creeks, including Tompolo's place, I can tell you these people are living in abject poverty with Oil companies destroying their ecosystem. But they seem not to be perturbed by their plight, rather they fight themselves and for irrelevant issues.

One thing noticeable in this region is what I call the "oil curse" . Their youths do not work hard believing that they have a God given wealth below. Most of these communities do not even support Biafra thinking it's a plot to reap their oil. Once I was with an Etche man who denied being Igbo (because of oil curse). He said before they can join Biafra, they would give Igbos condition. I have seen my friends in Niger Delta echo the same concern. They want to be consulted, and possibly assured they get for example 70% of oil sales.

What does this mean? Niger Delta people have no agenda of theirs, it all revolves around oil. They will be annexed by the highest bidder, either the current occupant FGN or Igbos if they get a "good deal". This is a very bad development. A people should have a well defined purpose. We have Northern agenda, South West agenda, Igbo agenda. Igbos want out, they have fought before and ready to get their nation anytime. Northern Nigeria are bent on keeping the nation one because of ND oil. The West benefits from the whole chaos. They are the most stable region with Lagos having almost the largest economy in Africa.

Niger Delta agenda or purpose is yet to be known. Fight for proper restructuring - No. Join Igbos wholeheartedly and get your nation - No. You become a chaff blown by winds.

27 Likes 9 Shares

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by krasican(m): 6:15am On Jun 02, 2017
no be by force to join Biafra......find another thing write abeg

24 Likes

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by mesoprogress(m): 6:23am On Jun 02, 2017
krasican:
They will definitely join Biafra if things get serious, and there is a call for referendum. Because igbos will give them a good deal. My point is that they do not have any purpose of themselves.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by Pavore9: 6:23am On Jun 02, 2017
Love this write up, this got me laughing "Niger Delta people have no agenda of theirs, it all revolves around oil. They will be annexed by the highest bidder, either the current occupant FGN or Igbos if they get a "good deal". This is a very bad development. A people should have a well defined purpose. We have Northern agenda, South West agenda, Igbo agenda. Igbos want out, they have fought before and ready to get their nation anytime. Northern Nigeria are bent on keeping the nation one because of ND oil. The West benefits from the whole chaos. ".... cheesy cheesy

13 Likes

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by hisgrace090: 6:30am On Jun 02, 2017
People filled with militancy mentality hardly apprehend any tangible thing, it's a fact.
Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:39am On Jun 02, 2017
mesoprogress:
They will definitely join Biafra if things get serious, and there is a call for referendum. Because igbos will give them a good deal. My point is that they do not have any purpose of themselves.
it would actually be a bad idea for them to join Igbos. They're better off on their own. Write up was spot on

21 Likes

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 6:40am On Jun 02, 2017
Funny set of people that will ask you to pay them before constructing a road to their community, when the project fails they then blame the Hausa man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by emi14: 6:44am On Jun 02, 2017
Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by emi14: 6:44am On Jun 02, 2017
krasican:
Well done op. This should serve as insight, eye opener to the Deltan youths. Agbo youths are the most industrious and focused in that region.
If Niger Deltans decide to remain in one Nigeria slogan without realities, Biafra have no right to force them against their will or wish but the should remember the words of Jim Wiwa father of slain ken saro wiwa during the Biafra war....."do not fight your neighbours" ken supported Nigerian army, the same Nigerian army commander Abacha hanged him. History is about repeating itself. Hausas are interested in crude oil period but the decision is yours.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by poshestmina(f): 6:48am On Jun 02, 2017
grin grin Pained biafra man.. #wearenigerdeltansnotbiafra#

25 Likes

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by Develpeast: 6:49am On Jun 02, 2017
You cannot really blame the southerners for their present woes in the country because they were radically exploited before they became knowledgeable about the real dangers and wealth they face in their own community.

The way the government over the years have treated has not been fair. They have not really make it easy for them to have a defined process in achieving their potentials. Why? If a particular person makes noise, they give him money or contract while the other people are deprived of quality education around the creek. If you go to the creeks, there are not schools, if you go to the different states in the south south, some of them do not have federal universities until recently. They tactically deprived them of the means to fight communally and they won multiples times.

More so, the exclusion of the southern minorities from a bigger ethnic group worsened the case. The western southern minorities and the eastern minorities were taught that the igbos are their problems. So they spent their time hating us while they reaped them off their wealth.

I believe many of them became wise and have had a rethink over the years except a few who are still connected to their parent's umbilical cord.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by Ballmer: 6:53am On Jun 02, 2017
He we go again with the gorillas from the land of blistering sun bad mouthing another ethnic nationality to accept their will. I mean holistically Nigerians, foreigner or just any human what set of people goes about disparaging a group of people and believe they deserve the support of such people when it is needed ?

These criminals from the chest beating republic assume they can eat their cake and have it anytime they desire. I remember how this bunch of red hut villagers shut down Remi Tinubu in the last administration when she requested for special status for Lagos state. A state that abhors over 40% of Igbo population and close to 25% of the entire population of Nigeria but alas the erosion ravaged dwellers connived with their aboki lord thinking they were harming the Westerners.

Fast-forward to yesterday these bunch of demented nitwits believe they are deserving of a development commission and expected everyone to fall in love with their cause. Did anyone see the cries on the faces of the red mudians when their aboki lord they gifted the NEDC vehemently denied them the lifeline commission they needed? Anything to wipe sense into their baboon brain is welcomed by me.

Deep down I feel sorry for them though but like the abokis let them know in the assembly, Igbos in Nigeria will have neither Biafra nor SEDC from maligning other tribes, chest beating or grandstanding.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by omenkaLives(m): 6:54am On Jun 02, 2017
Yet they call others unity beggars.. cheesy

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by krasican(m): 6:59am On Jun 02, 2017
mesoprogress:

They will definitely not join that am very sure of ...and who told u they don't have any purpose...so u think every Niger deltan is a militant....biafra is just a joke

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by Ballmer: 7:05am On Jun 02, 2017
Develpeast:

More so, the exclusion of the southern minorities from a bigger ethnic group worsened the case. The western southern minorities and the eastern minorities were taught that the igbos are their problems. So they spent their time hating us while they reaped them off their wealth.

Senseless submission no Nigerian thinks Igbo is the problem and no one bother to waste time hating on the igbos bcoz they are inconsequential in the scheme of things.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by kingzizzy: 7:26am On Jun 02, 2017
When you look at this term South/South, you see close to 50 tribes united by absolutely nothing. A few are linguistic neigbours but thats about it. The same South/South is not recognised by the constitution of Nigeria.

The only thing that unites these tribes are Igbos because it is only Igbos/Igboids that have landed borders with every one of them.

The way Nigeria is currently structured, South South serves no purpose.

Some argue that Igbos should forget the minorities and secede on their own, however, what some of these people do not realise is that there is a difference between Igbos seceding from Nigeria and Biafra. Many Nigerians seem to think it is the same thing, it is not.

Biafra is about the tribes of the lower Niger who wish to be independent. That is why it is very important that a referendum be conducted before Biafra is declared. Those who vote to go can go, those who vote to stay can stay. We dont want any tribe that believes in 'one Nigeria' to be in Biafra. It is them that will cause trouble and confusion in Biafra tomorow.

Biafra is not Nigeria where everyone was unwillingly forced into an unholy marriage.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by Develpeast: 7:28am On Jun 02, 2017
Ballmer:

Senseless submission no Nigerian thinks Igbo is the problem and no one bother to waste time hating on the igbos bcoz they are inconsequential in the scheme of things.

okay
Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 02, 2017
Here they go again, another cry from an ipod youth.
ND do not want your biafra, is that too hard to understand?
Continue writing your epistles of lamentation and shameful attache by force.

9 Likes

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 02, 2017
Stupid post! Biafra, fvcking thieves! We'l neva b part of u! We prefer d north to d east. The devil u knw is better dan d angel u dnt knw.

7 Likes

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by tribalistseun: 7:32am On Jun 02, 2017
Mr Man, igbos Don't need Niger Delta OIL. We already have oil and coal. And the man power to survive. Anambra, abia and IMO State are all oil producing states. Enugu have untapped coal. Ebonyi state got rice . And no one of these states are lazy when it comes to agriculture

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by tribalistseun: 7:33am On Jun 02, 2017
Ekinematics:
Here they go again, another cry from an ipod youth.
ND do not want your biafra, is that too hard to understand?
Continue writing your epistles of lamentation and shameful attache by force.
it's not like igbos need the ND
Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by tribalistseun: 7:35am On Jun 02, 2017
Abiye001:
Stupid post! Biafra, fvcking thieves! We'l neva b part of u! We prefer d north to d east. The devil u knw is better dan d angel u dnt knw.
just like how you people are sitting down waiting for Buhari to throw some bones for you people to eat on. Already avengers have been settled by the Northerner cabals. Where you come stand

10 Likes

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by overall90: 8:03am On Jun 02, 2017
Op you are spot.
I for one I don't like engaging most of them bc of the level of ignorance.
Majority of them don't even know where the nnpc office is or what happens there. A lot don't even know anything about the oil industry.
A supposed educated one was telling me that kaduna has oil until I explained to him that it's the oil from the south that is piped to kd refinary.
Do you know that when Mosop started the struggle in the early 90s,most of the other tribes were against them.
The talk in ph then was that Ogoni people were bad and everybody wanted to fight them, there was the the Ogoni -Andoni fight, Ogoni-okirika fight, even Eleme their brother wanted to fight them. Once they see any Ogoni person, they will call them Ogoni kingdom.
It was years later during the Abacha 1million man march when some Niger delta youths were taken to Abuja that their eyes were opened and they now keyed into the struggle.
This is the same behavior some of them are having towards Biafra .
From what I am seeing, if the join igbos to get Biafra, they will be a source of trouble and conflict.
Biafra struggle is not about oil no matter what anyone says.
Igboland oil has not even been exploited bc of bad politics. Just take a good a look of the Nigerian map and tell me why the whole igboland should not be sitting on oil.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by mesoprogress(m): 8:24am On Jun 02, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
it would actually be a bad idea for them to join Igbos. They're better off on their own. Write up was spot on
They will actually be a thorn in the flesh for Igbos, because they are purposeless. It may be a recreation of mini Nigeria . One thing Inland igbos lack is a direct access to the ocean. I say inland because most coastal igbo cities have been corrupted by oil curse , hence they deny their origins.

2 Likes

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by Amberon11: 8:28am On Jun 02, 2017
And what is the purpose of your own people? To drag SS into your biafran nightmare? Think again!
mesoprogress:

1 Like

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by Amberon11: 8:30am On Jun 02, 2017
People who have the highest proclivity to to drug pushing, baby factories, rituals, cannibalism, fake drugs, etc never amount to anything tangible.
hisgrace090:
People filled with militancy mentality hardly apprehend any tangible thing, it's a fact.

10 Likes

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by Amberon11: 8:32am On Jun 02, 2017
Really pained I must say cheesy
poshestmina:
grin grin Pained biafra man.. #wearenigerdeltansnotbiafra#

1 Like

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by mesoprogress(m): 8:33am On Jun 02, 2017
Amberon11:
And what is the purpose of your own people? To drag SS into your biafran nightmare? Think again!
If you are purposeless, you surely will be dragged by any wind. If they don't want to create their reality, someone else will create it for them. That is life

2 Likes

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:40am On Jun 02, 2017
Considering that Niger Deltans are "purposeless" according to you, the appropriate thing to do is to save yourself the trouble of these purposeless people and focus your agitation on your purposeful group.

All these blackmail will not sway the minds of people into the Biafraa project.

FTR: Each ethnic nationality within the SS zone have their agenda... Sadly, not one of them is pro Biafra. It however doesn't mean they are against Biafra, what this means is that they aren't aligned to the cause.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by Amberon11: 8:43am On Jun 02, 2017
This is a new chapter in the book of Lamentations.

We have no purpose but you want us in your Biafra. Why can't you stay on your own then?

Someone just said NDs will be a thorn in the flesh of Igbo's in biafra. Hahahaha, excuse my french. Look around you, does it look like SS needs the SE in any way? It is you people that will become a thorn in our flesh like the Hausa/Fulani's. You people will bring nothing other than your population while we will bring all that it takes for sustainance.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by SHAKABOOM: 8:45am On Jun 02, 2017
Hahaha..Abeg leave those people alone they are slaves that love dia chain..All dia agitation right from day one na for dem personal selfish interest.

1 Like

Re: South South - People Without A Purpose by SHAKABOOM: 8:55am On Jun 02, 2017
kingzizzy:
When you look at this term South/South, you see close to 50 tribes united by absolutely nothing. A few are linguistic neigbours but thats about it. The same South/South is not recognised by the constitution of Nigeria.

The only thing that unites these tribes are Igbos because it is only Igbos/Igboids that have landed borders with every one of them.

The way Nigeria is currently structured, South South serves no purpose.

Some argue that Igbos should forget the minorities and secede on their own, however, what some of these people do not realise is that there is a difference between Igbos seceding from Nigeria and Biafra. Many Nigerians seem to think it is the same thing, it is not.

Biafra is about the tribes of the lower Niger who wish to be independent. That is why it is very important that a referendum be conducted before Biafra is declared. Those who vote to go can go, those who vote to stay can stay. We dont want any tribe that believes in 'one Nigeria' to be in Biafra. It is them that will cause trouble and confusion in Biafra tomorow.

Biafra is not Nigeria where everyone was unwillingly forced into an unholy marriage.
Nawa o all this south south minority talk don taya me..Leave dem alone, dem they use biafria negotiate with nigeria..We are making it look like we are forcing them to join us..let's focus on the ibo speaking southerners..SIMPLE.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. / Owerri To Aba Road Construction Ongoing By Pmb Led Administration / My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.