Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:44 PM

Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? (21763 Views)

Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? / Why Are Christians Such Liars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by tosyne2much(m): 12:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
Jasboi:
I don't seem to understand somethings here.so, u mean all our forefathers that died before the white man brought christianity are in he'll now?
Like you're so bothered about them cheesy
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by nurusystem(m): 12:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
Quran 3:85 said.

And whoever seeks a religion other than Islâm, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers[].

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by DanseMacabre(m): 12:25pm On Jun 04, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:

Anyone who thinks like the bolded is a brainwashed fool..
So u mean all d people that came before christ and all our traditionalist Fore-fathers in Africa went to Hell?

I think you've got me mistaken for someone else. I'm not a Christian apologist, I'm just speaking from biblical perspective.

The Bible also offers an explanation for that question. It is that those who died before the knowledge of Jesus Christ will be judged by their works.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by ntyce(m): 12:25pm On Jun 04, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

have you hear of "Khoda" before? No wonder you people prefer typing god in Arabic even when writing in English. Lol you need help

Stop spreading lies, Khoda is Persian derived from Zoroastrians.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khuda

Christians in certain countries are even happier calling God - Allah and are being challenged legally.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/24/world/asia/malaysia-allah-ban/
You are here making jest of yourself.
Allah is Arabic language for the Supreme being, same as Oluwa, Yahweh, etc

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by faksy(m): 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2017
Saintsammurai:
No the father of Christ is not Allah..
His name is JEHOVAH.
This man is confused.

2 Likes

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by mistermaster: 12:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
Toks2008:
Christianity and Islamic religions are scams.

There is no religion in heaven..it's Man made so whether you call yourself a Christian or Muslim, it is inconsequential cos in heaven there will neither be Muslims nor Christians but those whose name are written in the book of life....better put,those who have accepted Jesus as lord and saviour.

These are the people that will make heaven..*BELIEVERS IN CHRIST*

LMFAO book of Life
motigbo
oya talkanotherone
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by mistermaster: 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2017
lukman885:
Christians hell and heaven.. Muslims hell and heaven. Fucking stupid brainwashed blacks ....if hell exist, I think all the blacks are heading straight there for been foolish.

being not been bro

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by DanseMacabre(m): 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2017
Ochibaisik:

Good works is not enough to go to heaven. You might be a killer or thief and do charitable things,does that take you to heaven. Also,we have different dispensations in the bible.1)Conscience-During Adam and eve.Many then would be judged according to their good works and conscience.

But not every moral non-Christian is guilty of the bolded. Adherents of most Oriental religions are some of the most peaceable humans you can find. What happens to them?
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by mistermaster: 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2017
dokJ:
may I not b in d same heaven with Moslems . God pls creat theirs 4 them in Jesus name , amen.

see this one brain Sha
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by mistermaster: 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2017
Harbioye:

Wow!!!
Clap for yourself...
1. Do me a little favor by quoting the verse(s) of the Quran that preaches violence as a way of life and the sunnah of the prophet that confirms the above.
2. Ever read the bible from genesis to revelation?
Guess u didn't noticed the contradictions in it, right?

Or u didn't noticed what Jesus forbade that u Christains, still continue to do?

Lastly, all Muslims believe in Jesus Christ and any Muslim that doesn't believe in him, is not a Muslim.

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 85:
وَمَن يَبْتَغِ غَيْرَ الْإِسْلَامِ دِينًا فَلَن يُقْبَلَ مِنْهُ وَهُوَ فِي الْآخِرَةِ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ

And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

you dey mind that idiot......he should better change his username to ThalostOne
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by mistermaster: 12:35pm On Jun 04, 2017
jhadu:
A wise man once said...
A man!!! define a wise man. if you are old with grey hair then you wise bah
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by uzoexcel(m): 12:42pm On Jun 04, 2017
Interesting opinions all around
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by mistermaster: 12:46pm On Jun 04, 2017
Abasstoheeb:

we believe in Jesus Christ and we call him Isa

he even stated to xtian to blve in last prophet Muhammad,dey shud
check therr old testament given to him from God and not d edited one

they all mad because the holy Quran is the one and only holy book that cannot be tampered with like the Bible that corrections have been made to, don't be surprised when you see them pastors words contradicting one another's

the Bible is man made but the Quran is from almighty Allah sent to mankind in this holy month of Ramadan, so perfect that if just a word is taken out or replaced by any other....then there is no meaning to it

a Muslim who doesn't believe in Jesus is not a Muslim, and mind you Jesus is not that fine boy in the posters you have in churches and homes.....especially the ibos, most of y'all are just misled

so that boy wey convert in 1997 was talking about miracles.....how folish and dumb are you? magics are miracles too so why don't u believe in hoodini

little did many of you know that the so called Christianity even preaches islam
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by mistermaster: 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2017
Saintsammurai:
No the father of Christ is not Allah..
His name is JEHOVAH.

what is this one saying sef

you don check your jamb result?

cos confusion sef confuse for your Kain confusion sad
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Olabenjamen22(m): 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2017
ntyce:

Christians in certain countries are even happier calling God - Allah and are being challenged legally.

from the link you posted.
Islamic usage
In Islamic times, the term came to be used for God in Islam, paralleling the Arabic name of GodAl-Malik"Owner, King, Lord, Master".
The phrase Khuda Hafiz)meaningMay God be your Guardian( is a parting phrasecommonly used in Persian, Kurdishand Pashto, as well as in Urduamong South Asian Muslims.
It also exists as a loanword, used for Godby Muslims in Bengali, Urdu, although the Arabicword Allahis becoming more common. ]2[
lol so you mean you don't read this part? What are they calling almighty GOD before your gigolo Muhammad invested the entity call allah.lol
well you are saying some Christians are using allah in a Muslim Majority(95%) country, why won't they use it, you want there head to disappear from their body? Lol. Well the truth is everywhere. If i may ask why did you people prefer writing allah even when typing in English? Lol allah is never and will never be almighty GOD.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by mistermaster: 12:55pm On Jun 04, 2017
EAJasper:

Jehovah is Hebrew pronunciation of God, so Allah is Hausa pronunciation of God. Let our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ the only son of the living God guide us to the true God, who created the universe and everything in it. And not religion....

all I see is average brain on nairaland lawwwddd!!! Allah is not hausa

I'm sure it's people like you that will believe Arabic is hausa language OR even grow up.with the believe that India and hausa are the same

May God help you bro

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by CodeBlooded: 12:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:

That is what they think..
If you are a christain,you AUTOMATICALLY go to heaven (no matter how bad you are)
and if you are not a christain,you AUTOMATICALLY go to hell..
same applies to the Muslims.
Everyone thinks the world revolves around their own religion and ONLY their religion is true.
I wonder how our morally-upright traditionalist forefathers were judged?
Or
what will happen to the billions of people who arent practising your own religion?
They will all go to hell abi?

A christain girl once told me the whites brought God to Africa.. I wonder what the blacks were worshipping before then cos i know Olodumare in Yoruba traditional religion means God.. Or probably God created himself for the whites and Created the devil and evil spirits for the blacks

Brainwashed mofos!!! angry

#TheOracleHasSpoken
Guy you dey read my mind ?
You just hit the nail for head
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by CodeBlooded: 1:01pm On Jun 04, 2017
torres89:
were Solomon and David christains
am a very good Christian but any Christian, who thinks only
Christians will make heaven is a terrible fool.
read the words of Jesus Christ well and see the requirements to make heaven.
I think they will be more Muslims in heaven than Christians
iSupport
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

This is not true

Satan and Yahweh are bestest buddies. The Book of Job has Satan having a pleasant chat with Yahweh, during which they make a bet involving killing people and screwing one guy over. Nope, there's no animosity between Yahweh and Satan in the least. They get along just fine.

Moreover, what we learned from the book of Job is that Satan can't do anything without God's explicit permission - God keeps him on a very short leash. So let's have none of this trying to excuse God for what Satan does - he's like that guy who lets his dog poop on your lawn while he's taking him for a walk.

According to the accounts of why David did a census in Samuel and Chronicles, Satan and Yahweh are beyond best buddies. If the angel of the Lord is the Holy Ghost, then Satan is a part of godhead that must be a quadrants, at least.

what nonsense! The Egyptians don't need to contest it cuz even the Jews themselves don't believe that nonsense read up and cure your ignorance http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/judaism/2004/12/did-the-exodus-really-happen.aspx

In addition to the fact that there is nothing in all of Egypt's history, which mentions a Pharoah who perished by drowning in pursuit of millions... nor the existence of millions of hebrew slaves, nor devastating plagues... in fact, if things transpired as the bible described, Egypt would have crumbled and never recover...
Imagine the economic implication of a nation losing its basic workforce of slaves over night... and having millions of its sons die in one night... all this after a series of devastating plagues which would bring the mightiest empire to its knees...
Yet, Egypt remained a powerful nation, economically and militarily for a very very long time...

There are stories of people praying to the Christian God and being healed.

There are stories of people praying to non-Christian gods and being healed.

There are stories of people praying to no gods and being healed.

There are stories of members of all three categories who are not healed.

How do we figure out if anything is going on except confirmation bias? We find people who are sick, we have some prayed for and some not, and we see if there is a different recovery rate. The Templeton Foundation - a group inclined to believe that prayer is effective - ran exactly that experiment and found no difference.

I can go on a limb and say You don't have millions of answered prayers; you have millions of people who're determined to believe that their prayers were answered. Big difference.
the Koran also says similar

yeah, let's examine your hypocrisy, do you condemn the killing of the Canaanite and Midianite infants?

if Yes, you're not a hypocrite, if no then you have no grounds to criticise Islam because the Israeli soldiers killed the infants on the instructions from their god and Islamic terrorists carry out same instructions from their god, pick one, wither way its lose lose

of course this is what they call fallacy of circular reasoning, you're using the bible to confirm the Bible

that's like assuming harry potter is real because the book said so and therefore whatever is written there is valid

pure nonsense
wow guy.i comot cap no need to comment again
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by greanboat(m): 1:04pm On Jun 04, 2017
torres89:
were Solomon and David christains
am a very good Christian but any Christian, who thinks only
Christians will make heaven is a terrible fool.
read the words of Jesus Christ well and see the requirements to make heaven.
I think they will be more Muslims in heaven than Christians
what are the requirements of making heaven if not through christ alone?
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by ntyce(m): 1:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

from the link you posted.
Islamic usage
In Islamic times, the term came to be used for God in Islam, paralleling the Arabic name of GodAl-Malik"Owner, King, Lord, Master".
The phrase Khuda Hafiz)meaningMay God be your Guardian( is a parting phrasecommonly used in Persian, Kurdishand Pashto, as well as in Urduamong South Asian Muslims.
It also exists as a loanword, used for Godby Muslims in Bengali, Urdu, although the Arabicword Allahis becoming more common. ]2[
lol so you mean you don't read this part? What are they calling almighty GOD before your gigolo Muhammad invested the entity call allah.lol
well you are saying some Christians are using allah in a Muslim Majority(95%) country, why won't they use it, you want there head to disappear from their body? Lol. Well the truth is everywhere. If i may ask why did you people prefer writing allah even when typing in English? Lol allah is never and will never be almighty GOD.

Why do xtains use Yahweh, Jehovah etc...
Its difficult for you to comprehend. The term Allah had been in existent before Muhammed (PBUH).
Past prophets also worshipped Allah.
Even in Northern Nigeria, christians call God - Allah.

Open ur mind and learn. Arabic is a language like English, Yoruba etc. Arabic is different from Islam.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by helphelp: 1:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
walls01:

law of the land like man marring man. you know law of God is different

Like I said, let your God reside in you
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2017
nurusystem:

heaven is real and hell is real
And what does that have to do with anything i said?
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Olabenjamen22(m): 1:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
ntyce:

your second post show clearly that, allah is never thesame as oluwa, yahweh e.t.c. If not, why are your Muslim brother want to ban non Islamic people from using the name allah. Lol
"Muslims say use of "Allah" in non-Muslim texts could cause Muslims to convert" lol Confused people.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 04, 2017
DanseMacabre:

I think you've got me mistaken for someone else. I'm not a Christian apologist, I'm just speaking from biblical perspective.

The Bible also offers an explanation for that question. It is that those who died before the knowledge of Jesus Christ will be judged by their works.
Since God has been the same since the beginning of the world up till this moment,then he will continue judging people by their works and not their religion.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by mistermaster: 1:08pm On Jun 04, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

have you hear of "Khoda" before? No wonder you people prefer typing god in Arabic even when writing in English. Lol you need help

first of all it's "heard" not "hear" go to the bookshops and get "queen premier" it should help your English

that's for the English help tho but I don't know what to suggest to improve your general reasoning and I doubt you even have a brain sef

to start with; there are 99names of Allah
ar-rahman, ar-raheem, al-mulk, al-qudus, as-salam among others

there are roughly 6,500 languages spoken globally today and with each having native names for God(English) or Allah(Arabic)

so cos Yorubas call God "oba ti a pe, t'on fi in dahun" (the God that answers with fire) does that mean God is sango?

Grow up kid!!!

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by jhadu: 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
mistermaster:

A man!!! define a wise man. if you are old with grey hair then you wise bah

I no get your time... Cus I neva mentioned anything abt being old.. Moreover d old were once young.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Vaughnable(m): 1:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
As for me All I know Is that..... Only God Can Judge the World (Be you Christian, Muslim, Atheist waiting For HIM to Appear)
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Olabenjamen22(m): 1:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
ntyce:

Why do xtains use Yahweh, Jehovah etc...
Its difficult for you to comprehend. The term Allah had been in existent before Muhammed (PBUH).
Past prophets also worshipped Allah.
Even in Northern Nigeria, christians call God - Allah.

Open ur mind and learn. Arabic is a language like English, Yoruba etc. Arabic is different from Islam.
lol you can say that to the people of Malaysia
well hausa Christian call almighty GOD "Uban-giji" abi when did hausa language correlate with Arabic language. Lol
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Vaughnable(m): 1:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
As for me All I know Is that..... Only God Can Judge the World (Be you Christian, Muslim, Atheist wait For HIM to Appear)
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by tosyne2much(m): 1:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
Harbioye:

Wow!!!
Clap for yourself...
1. Do me a little favor by quoting the verse(s) of the Quran that preaches violence as a way of life and the sunnah of the prophet that confirms the above.
2. Ever read the bible from genesis to revelation?
Guess u didn't noticed the contradictions in it, right?

Or u didn't noticed what Jesus forbade that u Christains, still continue to do?

Lastly, all Muslims believe in Jesus Christ and any Muslim that doesn't believe in him, is not a Muslim.

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 85:
وَمَن يَبْتَغِ غَيْرَ الْإِسْلَامِ دِينًا فَلَن يُقْبَلَ مِنْهُ وَهُوَ فِي الْآخِرَةِ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ

And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.
(English - Mohsin Khan)
I have just one question for you and I want you to answer me in a right fashion

Why are renowned world terrorists or those causing chaos in Nigeria practicing Islam as a religion ? Osama Bin Laden, Sadam Hussain, Fulani herdsmen, Boko Haram, etc.

Why are Muslims temperamental people with low tolerance level when anyone has a contrary opinion against their religion? Yet we are being told that Islam is religion of PEACE?

I don't want you to answer me with sentiments, arrogance or rain abusive words on me. I just need a subtle answer
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by enilove(m): 1:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
What I am saying is the truth , No Muslim , atheist or sinner Christian can make heaven. My daily prayer is "Mercy of the blood of Jesus cleanse me". I don't want to sin and end in hell.

If you are a Muslim, I am pleading with you, please , GO AND PRAY TO GOD TO REVEAL TO YOU WHO ALLAH IS.

THIS IS FOR THE MUSLIMS.

Allah SWT says:

وَإِذْ تَقُولُ لِلَّذِىٓ أَنْعَمَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَأَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِ أَمْسِكْ عَلَيْكَ زَوْجَكَ وَاتَّقِ اللَّهَ وَتُخْفِى فِى نَفْسِكَ مَا اللَّهُ مُبْدِيهِ وَتَخْشَى النَّاسَ وَاللَّهُ أَحَقُّ أَنْ تَخْشٰىهُ ۖ فَلَمَّا قَضٰى زَيْدٌ مِّنْهَا وَطَرًا زَوَّجْنٰكَهَا لِكَىْ لَا يَكُونَ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ حَرَجٌ فِىٓ أَزْوٰجِ أَدْعِيَآئِهِمْ إِذَا قَضَوْا مِنْهُنَّ وَطَرًا ۚ وَكَانَ أَمْرُ اللَّهِ مَفْعُولًا
"And [remember, O Muhammad], when you said to the one on whom Allah bestowed favor and you bestowed favor, "Keep your wife and fear Allah," while you concealed within yourself that which Allah is to disclose. And you feared the people, while Allah has more right that you fear Him. So when Zayd had no longer any need for her, We married her to you in order that there not be upon the believers any discomfort concerning the wives of their adopted sons when they no longer have need of them. And ever is the command of Allah accomplished."
(QS. Al-Ahzaab: Verse 37)

The above simply means that Allah condemned Muhammed because Muhammed was afraid of what the people will say if he married the wife of his adopted son , Zaid. So Muhammed eventually married the wife of Zaid called Zainab.Pls note that Muhammed was like a father to Zaid.

What does God say regarding this behaviour in the Bible?

Matthew 5:31-32 KJV
It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: [32] But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

My question is this; Why would God allow adultery for Muhammed after He had warned us not to marry anyone that is divorced. Are you sure it is the same God we are serving?

I don't want to lose focus of this thread, if not I would have loved to have more discussions as regards this quran.

Anyone who serves Satan ignorantly or not cannot go to heaven after death. That is why we should not view this as a debate but pray to God to guide you .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Do Dreams Really Matter? / Mass Wedding: Catholic Priest Sponsors 136 Couples In Nasarawa State / How I Escaped Hell- Sister Linda’s Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.