Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,491 members, 7,901,401 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 09:34 AM

Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death (42974 Views)

"Dad, How Scared Am I": Emiliano Sala's Last Words As Plane Goes Down (Pics, Vid / Cheick Tiote Was Expecting His 4th Child Just Days After His Tragic Death / See Cheick Tiote's Final Words To His Close Friend Before His Tragic Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by dominique(f): 8:47am On Jun 06, 2017
femi4:
We played 2-2. We were not defeated

Yes we drew but previously defeated us in the first leg making the aggregate 3-2 or something like that. That home draw cost us the AFCON ticket

1 Like

Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by majamajic(m): 8:47am On Jun 06, 2017
This is getting common with African footballers. They should do something about it.

Rip in peace bro
Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by MaziOmenuko: 8:48am On Jun 06, 2017
Remember his screamer against Arsenal that faithful day when Newcastle recovered from 4-1 to end the game at 4-4
Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by herkeym001(m): 8:48am On Jun 06, 2017
Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by ignis: 8:49am On Jun 06, 2017
The end shall tell....
Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by ajalawole(m): 8:50am On Jun 06, 2017
dominique:
May Allah grant him Aljannah Firdaus and comfort those he left behind.

Was it not a fasting Tunisian team that defeated our darling super eagles right on our home soil and robbed us of 2012 AFCON qualification? Fasting does not stop one from carrying out their daily duties.
why u dey lie like this................. Fasting Tunisia team, where u dey when those guys went to town to share things. I dont know what u Muslim called it, but none of those player fast then

2 Likes

Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by asatemple(f): 8:51am On Jun 06, 2017
Such is life
Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 8:52am On Jun 06, 2017
INNA LILLAH WA INNA ILAEHI RAJIUN

2 Likes

Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by zynzyn(m): 8:52am On Jun 06, 2017
dominique:

Was it not a fasting Tunisian team that defeated our darling super eagles right on our home soil and robbed us of 2012 AFCON qualification? Fasting does not stop one from carrying out their daily duties.

Point of Correction.

That was 2010 World Cup Qualifier!

Osaze scored the amazing equalizer!

And we qualified, they didn't!!
Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by EMIOMOADEOYE: 8:56am On Jun 06, 2017
Nigerians sha!

Turn everything to religious and ethnic bigotry.

Ive not heard anywhere that fasting gives you cardiac issues.

When a person dies of cardiac issues, it is because that issues has been there for a while and it went unnoticed or untreated. Pure and Simple.

3 Likes

Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by Ps3ver: 8:58am On Jun 06, 2017
MDsambo:
Some amazing final words from Cheick Tiote this morning before passing earlier today...

https://mobile.facebook.com/theAMFofficial/photos/a.271639626284065.60568.137921366322559/1315259485255402/?type=3&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1315259485255402%3Atl_objid.1315259485255402%3Apage_id.137921366322559%3Athid.137921366322559%3A306061129499414%3A69%3A0%3A1498892399%3A3336580117322647823&__tn__=E

Very sad stuff. I met him several times in Newcastle very humble guy. He even paid once for my hair cut after walking into the salon. God keep his soul.
Lalasticlala
Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by onatisi(m): 8:59am On Jun 06, 2017
ShySteady:
I started loving his style of play when he scored this beautiful against Arsenal towards the end of that season, and hampered Arsene Wenger's chances of getting close to the top three in the English Premier League.

He was a fine and well-bred footballer.

Aside Arsenal, he was also a thorn in the flesh of Chelsea FC and other big English clubs.

RIP Cheick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRm5gdT3jv0

That was a fantastic great goal
Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by Tiredoffakeshit: 9:00am On Jun 06, 2017
MDsambo:

Deen over Dunya

I luv this response

2 Likes

Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by salafy050(m): 9:02am On Jun 06, 2017
Imagine,you don't have thinking faculty at all,what are people like you doing here,

Your word don't make sense at all,or do you think it's funny?

O ga o
Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by millywiser: 9:06am On Jun 06, 2017
ajalawole:
Wanna miss this guy. I remember his goal against arsenal sad . RiP guy sad

and to the mod that ban me. Sabi my ban don expiry abi and ur eye don open abi. Try ban me again and all the blessing of ur family will be ban forever sad
u got no chills guy

1 Like

Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by rheether(f): 9:09am On Jun 06, 2017
nepapole:
Which one is association of muslim footballers again? Hope say pogba, ozil, benzema dey dia.
j

Africans mentality.
Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by darlenese(f): 9:14am On Jun 06, 2017
dee02:

Idio.....t, STFU, you ignorant toad!

... and u are fasting right?

2 Likes

Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by goodlifehyd(m): 9:18am On Jun 06, 2017
Roon9:

This right here is the problem with Islam. Even when we try to believe that not all Muslims are violent, people like you are very quick to knock off the idea from our heads.

I wonder what you would have done if you were close by when he made the comment...shame
What makes you believe the person you quoted is a Muslim? And last I checked a lot of other players lost their lives on the field of play without being a Muslim or fasting. Instead of pointing to health issues everyone here is pointing to Ramadan already which is very wrong.

#Shalom

1 Like

Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by bellotaofeek: 9:19am On Jun 06, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
angry

Ramadan fasting has killed many people...mostly sportsmen.

Same thing was what killed Amodu Shuaibu last year.

They carry out their normal energy-tasking activities...but fasting lowers blood sugar and energy levels but what do they know?

Well, like the Bible says; "wisdom is profitable to direct"

When ones time is up . There is nothing we can do to stop tht . Isiaka Adeleke woudnt have died if he was fasting on tht day . What about tht ? May his Soul Rest In Peace .
Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by Oluwafreshing(m): 9:25am On Jun 06, 2017
dee02:

I can just imagine grin shocked
Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by MDsambo: 9:29am On Jun 06, 2017
rheether:
j
Africans mentality.

Its a world wide organisation. Google is your friend
Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by BrutusOj(m): 9:32am On Jun 06, 2017
dominique:

And you strongly believe they actually played the game with empty stomach?
Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by hadjipapiey(m): 9:39am On Jun 06, 2017
dominique:

You're so right, fasting takes nothing out from a player.
Am a footballer as well, though u may say in the local level. But, honestly I feel light, energetic n I perform better when I'm fasting.

1 Like

Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by Mccullum: 9:49am On Jun 06, 2017
He died at as the time our creator appointed it to happen, fasting doesn't stop you to do your work and that will not be the first time in his life that he'll be playing football during fasting, many players died on the field and they are not fasting, some Christians should stop posting rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by sherifhflo: 9:54am On Jun 06, 2017
Nigerians are fund of sheepishly displaying ignorance everywhere.

What has fasting got to do with this ?

Haven't you seen or heard of people slumping while walking or even dying in their sleep ?

You haven't even seen or heard the autopsy report, you are busy quoting the Bible about wisdom ... who is ignorant now...tell us ?
Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by Surd2121(m): 9:54am On Jun 06, 2017
youngest85:
He just killed himself....

Why did he go to field while fasting?
Kwara united player, and he is called Saka, he died before Ramadan, remember Foe ? Ekeng ? Morosini ? Fabrice muamba nearly died, even okwaraji, were they fasting too ? cardiac arrest not fasting related, remove the log from your eyes sir

2 Likes

Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by Surd2121(m): 9:55am On Jun 06, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
angry

They carry out their normal energy-tasking activities...but fasting lowers blood sugar and energy levels but what do they know?

Kwara united player, and he is called Saka, he died before Ramadan, remember Foe ? Ekeng ? muamba nearly died, even okwaraji, were they fasting too ? cardiac arrest not fasting related, remove the log from your eyes sir....stop posting trash

1 Like

Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by delight03: 9:56am On Jun 06, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
angry

what killed Stephen keshi?
Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by rigarmortis: 10:11am On Jun 06, 2017
nepapole:
Which one is association of muslim footballers again? Hope say pogba, ozil, benzema dey dia.

i thought Pogba is a xtian, or is the Paul in his name a shortened form of Pauludeen?

1 Like

Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by Amoto94(m): 10:56am On Jun 06, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
angry

Maybe it was fasting that killed Samuel Okwaraji, Marc-Vivien Foe, Daniel Jarque, Anthony Puerta, and host of others fasting doesn't prevent you from doing your normal daily routine.

2 Likes

Re: Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death by AlwaysUltraPad: 10:58am On Jun 06, 2017
dee02:

this post just made my day.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Liz Cambage To Nigerian Team: Go Back To Your 3rd World Country / Throwback: Iheanacho Representing Imo In A Junior Tournament / Nedum Onuoha: I Don't Feel Safe In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.