Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,828 members, 7,945,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 10:40 PM

Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? (10960 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? / Marriages: Why Most Couples Don’t Sleep In The Same Bedroom! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by DGIPLUS(m): 5:28pm On Jan 22, 2010
If u're married & u don't share d same room with your wife, it simply means what u have is what xtians call d 'permissive will',  because wen u're married to d 'perfect will' , nothing in dis world will make u want to sleep in a separate room from your second-half (if u're truly one). When u start talking about privacy in marriage, u're breaking d bond.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by janedoe(f): 5:34pm On Jan 22, 2010
@ topic I don't think it's compulsory,whatever works for you.I'd like to have my own room as I think it will be alot more fun 'visiting' your spouse,besides,it must get tiring seeing someone everytime you look around,but that's just me.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by afrobaby(f): 5:37pm On Jan 22, 2010
It is not a must, It is a rule, an agreement u both made in the presence of everybody on the day pf ur wedding, I cant imagine my husband in a separate room, I will have my personal room like the one i can put my stuff, but my husband's room is the masters bedroom and the matrimonial room, hence we must share it together, when couple begin to sleep separately, then something is going wrong
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by bbby: 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2010
i've learnt from my parents not to seperate rooms no matter how big d house is,i hav friends who hav really come of age still livin wt their parents,they say they know d parents hav sex anytym d mother sleeps in d father's room.n wen u hav adult children u hav to be tip-toeing to your husband's room in d middle of d nite n unfortunately in recent tyms there is no more midnite for kids cos its either freecalls or internet browsing.d only disadvantage is wen a second wife comes n u r already used to sleepn on d same bed wt your husband sad cry

when u r sharing d same bed u easily make up in d nite after d days misunderstandn,as fr me i cuddle up to him as a means of sayin i'm sorry,it is a good way of bonding.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by beingme(f): 6:23pm On Jan 22, 2010
its getting more interesting here
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by naijaguy2(m): 6:30pm On Jan 22, 2010
[size=14pt]yes is a MUST[/size] grin grin grin
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Remii(m): 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2010
Most women have their designated rooms but do not stay there, they keep their things there and "big" daughters stay there, in some cases. However, in some homes the easiest way to know when Mum and Dad are quarrelling is when Madam relocates to her room.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by msb247(m): 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2010
I don't think so. Separation is sometimes necessary so that one heart may grow fonder of the other.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by msb247(m): 6:55pm On Jan 22, 2010
undecided
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by msb247(m): 6:56pm On Jan 22, 2010
Not a must but recommended.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by 2sleek2NV(m): 7:12pm On Jan 22, 2010
Make i ask o! Hw many rooms dy dis house wey we dey talk of? Whr d chdrn them go slp? Slp togeda jare
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by ilosiwaju: 7:23pm On Jan 22, 2010
YES! why would anyone suggest otherwise? Separate rooms and small small things begin to crawl in. Night text chats with other people small small, na so closeness go dey reduce.
grin
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by tbaba83(m): 7:41pm On Jan 22, 2010
@poster dont lie u are gay. why wont u wanna sleep next to ur wife
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by N101: 7:51pm On Jan 22, 2010
This is funny.

There is no hard and fast rule about sleeping in the same bed as your spouse.  I'm the one who - supposedly - causes the disturbance, so I alter my routine to suit.  Marriage is about compromise. 

If you have a house with enough rooms, by all means it will be easy to sleep in separate rooms.  Just make sure they're not at opposite ends of the house (very creepy!)

On the other hand if that isn't for you, invest in a Super King-sized bed.  There's enough space in it for you to pretend to be sleeping on your own.  You can banish her clutter elsewhere  grin
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by tayoast(m): 8:13pm On Jan 22, 2010
During d early stages of marriage, YES.

As time goes on, it wears out & they c d need 2 sleep separately.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by throttler(f): 8:48pm On Jan 22, 2010
i think its good for huby and wife to sleep together, for those talking about the wife getting preggers everytime, whatever happened to contraceptives?

i keep my stuff in my room, and keep myself in hubys room tongue grin cheesy
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Obinoscopy(m): 9:03pm On Jan 22, 2010
A man and his wife needs to sleep in the same room. QED
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by alanbolo(m): 9:17pm On Jan 22, 2010
Practising same room scenario now and I thought I will need a separate room when next we expand our base but was I wrong. Moving around here and there often, compelling me to seek my bed and my wiffy by my side every time.
Be careful what u wish for until u actually arrived at the scene.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by rasputinn(m): 9:28pm On Jan 22, 2010
Good but not compulsory
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by An0nimus: 9:32pm On Jan 22, 2010
No share the same room.make she sleep for kitchen.lol. . .dont get scared of gettin too attached.get attached!
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 22, 2010
No you don't have to share the same room.
Make it a rule though to sleep together every night.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Princek12(m): 9:40pm On Jan 22, 2010
I suggest they sleep in separate rooms during weekdays and sleep in the same room on weekends. That way, they have their space during the week and, hopefully, anticipate spending the weekend together in the same room, which probably mimics their pre-marital sleeping conditions.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by gidson12(m): 9:40pm On Jan 22, 2010
well at the early stage of the marriage is good they always sleep together its strengthens the bond, and increases the fondness for each other, but at their old age they  might want to sleep apart sometimes
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Obinoscopy(m): 9:59pm On Jan 22, 2010
gidson12:

well at the early stage of the marriage is good they always sleep together its strengthens the bond, and increases the fondness for each other, but at their old age they  might want to sleep apart sometimes

And what is your reason why they should sleep apart? I think that is even when they need to further strengthen the bond because their children have all grown up thus there will be a shift of attention from their kids to themselves
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by ikpuru1234: 11:30pm On Jan 22, 2010
What if the man or the lady snores??
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by MyneWhite1(f): 11:36pm On Jan 22, 2010
Yes it is compulsory unless one of them is seriously sick and cannot share a bed.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by oge4real(f): 11:42pm On Jan 22, 2010
yea. sure.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by sulad82i(m): 12:36am On Jan 23, 2010
OMG!!! shocked why would you ask that question?
If you know ur winnie cant stay put then buy and use protection always. Pulling out when u r about to cum does not work at all cos we(men) have lil johny flowing (sex education - Biology) little by little during the whole process. There are lots of birth control meds (pls ask ur doctor) out there for use by either partner. I guess this is one of the reason Nigeria need to adopt sex education to teach about this and more,
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by SeunAero(m): 3:45am On Jan 23, 2010
Its nice if dey maintain separate rooms if they can afford it. Though that doesnt mean dey arent gonna b sleeping 2gda,NO. The man could have his things in his own room and the wife in her own separate room. But at night dey sleep 2gda. Just like my Dad and Mom. LOL
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by kennynet: 4:34am On Jan 23, 2010
Oh! funny question.

Do you expect your wife to have a separate room?

Then why did you get married in the first place if you can't share a room with your wife?

In my own view, it unites the family 'cos that is the best time to plan for the family: to talk about your children, yourself, share your problems together, way forward for the family in general.

Even, if you both quarrel during the day (of course it happens), it's when both of you are on the same bed to sleep it is best settled.

Try to adapt to it for the best in your family.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 23, 2010
Since av known my mom & dad, they ve been sharing the same room and even eat from the same plate. We always have extra rooms in our houses, but no the would never seperate rooms.
When i hear a question like this from people it always sound strange to me. Thats is the normal thing married couple are expected to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Can We Say About Moral Decadence In Nigeria / Can A Boy Marry A Girl Of The Same Age? / "How I Have Lived Up To 126 Yrs Old" - Famous Nigerian Woman Shares Her Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.