Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,211 members, 7,887,555 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:33 AM

How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. (56999 Views)

Is It Wrong For This Young Lady To Have Accepted Lunch Before Being Interviewed? / A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook / He Was Interviewed In The Morning, Company Saw This On His Twitter Page Later (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Ruler2: 5:14am On Jun 08, 2017
anthney87:
God has used u. It is now left for him to go about testifying.

Bone that guy up dere telling you it is unprofessional. It is very professional my brother. Imagine someone who did teaching practice wen u were in sec school. Bro now you are a graduate and he is still struggling to get a good job.

Fear God brother. You did the right thing. Even me that graduated 7 years ago and still don't have a job yet was almost frustrated until I decided to go into agriculture.

Imagine that guy own scenario and someone here is saying it is unprofessional. Male I no swear give u o.
Hello mate. I saw agriculture n im interested . Can i send a mail?
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Daboomb: 5:18am On Jun 08, 2017
ayenitre:

Professional certificate doesn't always mean anything, especially when the recipient has zero job experience in the field. I was a self-taught Oracle Cert. Assoc. DBA many years ago, but looking back now, I don't look at it as an advantage in the job market, because I had mo relevant experience.

The best attribute I look at is the strength of character of candidates in job interviews. Who better than an ex-student to be the judge of character of candidate? If that teacher was unprofessional during his TP, I'm pretty sure the OP wouldnt recomnend him for the job.

If it does not mean anything, how come the Employers call it ADDED ADVANTAGE..... or dont you know the meaning of that phrase?

Your statement makes me doubt you ever wrote and passed the Certifications you are claiming.
It is people who have failed in the "attempt" to have Certifications, that trash it.
Just like those school drop-outs will cite one fortunate drop-out (out of millions) as the reason for saying Education is a waste! grin grin
I have seen many of your types in the past.
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by AbarisFather(m): 5:22am On Jun 08, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
If Buhari did the same thing you did now, you will be shouting foul play, together with all those supporting you.

You spent 10mins gisting with him and 5 min to ask basic questions; more like a paddy-paddy gist.

So unprofessional. You too will need to climb up the ladder one day and wouldn't hope that those who hold the key to your ladder would favor their siblings and friends ahead of you.
Who you don help for your full life?
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Larrykaysail(m): 5:26am On Jun 08, 2017
yemi2plus:
Very unprofessional. You don't bring emotion into things like this.
na padi padi goverment
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Unseen(m): 5:32am On Jun 08, 2017
yemi2plus:

Explain that to Quota system

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by stylon008(m): 5:32am On Jun 08, 2017
Hmmm.......That where corruption starts undecided...... Man know Man....... cryAre these d Nigerian youths dt will be a better nd corruption free Nigeria lipsrsealed undecided
manson5011:
Its obvious that life is a cycle.
There was this job vacancy in my place of work and 8 people did apply for it which they were to be interviewed yesterday.

By privilege as an Admin/Acct Officer I was authorized by my HR who was engaged in a crucial meeting to conduct the interview on his behalf so far I know what the company requires.

Lo and behold among them was my secondary school Teacher who did teaching practice (TP) when I was in SS1.

We were both shocked when we saw each other, looking at each other, I smiled and said Sir kindly have a seat.

We gist for 30mnts then I used 5mnts to ask him where he worked before now, that's all.

Meanwhile, I recommended him OK for the job and asked him to come and start work tomorrow.

It is good to live peacefully with all men as you may not know where your turning table will stop next.
The question is, was that a dishonesty for me to have picked him as there were 2 people who had professional certification ahead of him?

Nairalanders over to you!

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by LyfeJennings(m): 5:33am On Jun 08, 2017
Unprofessional my foot....
When God's mercy knocks
No bagger can lock it.
For the record, I have never been a victim of hardwork in life. Everything I am, everything I own is God's mercy......
Primary school
Secondary school
University
Masters
My present job
Everything na God's mercy
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by GoldHorse(m): 5:33am On Jun 08, 2017
yemi2plus:

I have been privileged to sit on many interview panels and have conducted many alone too and anyone with similar experience will truthfully tell you that it's virtually not possible to, in almost all cases, remove emotional play.

There are some people that you just simply like on sight and there are some that just tick you off just like that! I think it's what is called the chi or aura.

So far you are sure that he is capable. I always make sure of that no matter what and that is the only thing the OP didn't tell us.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by MaziOmenuko: 5:34am On Jun 08, 2017
Mustay:

See this:

If the professional certification was NOT a necessary requirement/standard for the post, no problem. Nonetheless, there is still a bias by the OP as he spent 30 minutes chatting and 5 minutes doing the actual work which is why it is better to avoid such situations - you won't treat them objectively because of your bias.

In such threads, I am not perturbed by those who (and this is not referring to you chiscodedon) insult you or tell you that "na baba God", "who professionalism epp", "u fit do am if na your bro?", "get rich or die poor" and the likes. Recently, someone's incident has shown us how even criminals will pose with exotic items generated from fraudulent income and still say "Baba God, u don do am for your boys".

What you are seeing here is a SOCIETY THAT HAS COME TO ACCEPT CORRUPTION AS NORMAL. Religion and other bases are just the manipulative thoughts to justify the wrong. Ironically, these people will blame politicians and leaders alike for favoring their lot while they cannot avoid what they condemn. Like they say, it is easy to throw stones when you are outside the glass house.

I am putting this out there so that some people (especially younger ones) are not misguided and really, I am not even moved or disturbed by differences in opinions - SAYING IT AS IT IS. He has given a context and provided basis for his decision. Imagine the other guys reading this and in their minds, like NL job seekers, they believe nothing works in Nigeria because they are qualified for certain jobs but are never picked as a result of favoritism.

We all have different moral codes and let yours guide you - to each his own. Good luck manson5011

Thank you, I didn't border educating those quoting me and saying gibberish because I realized the society we live in; morality has died irrespective of the highly religious society. Imagine them saying na god favor. God don pick him call. Na miracle. Evidently, they don't see anything wrong in this sham of an interview.

I weep for this present society though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by OBINERO(m): 5:37am On Jun 08, 2017
Grace will put you at the right place, the right time ,with the right person and favour will hand whatever thing you are looking for over to your hands. You school teacher has received favour through you by the grace of God. U did well bro.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by MaziOmenuko: 5:40am On Jun 08, 2017
AbarisFather:
Who you don help for your full life?

A lot of people, and I make bold to say it, even here in Nairaland. But then, there's no need trying to educate you because your shallow mind has been closed with paddy-paddy nepotism and man-know-man that you fail to understand the meaning of merit. Kid, life is more complex than seeking few crumbs from people that you think must help you.

Grow above nepotism, I'd rather teach you how to fish than to give you fish.

4 Likes

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by bigyomite(m): 5:40am On Jun 08, 2017
U were used by God to help him considering the scenario of the whole things
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by tintingz(m): 5:41am On Jun 08, 2017
Nigerians are so religiously brainwashed they are using "God" to justify the OP corruption act. SMH

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by EngrXrix(m): 5:50am On Jun 08, 2017
I won't be surprised that some people here are still stagnant and complaining of no progress in their life because of their mentality of not helping when they are in the position to .....

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Lagban(m): 5:52am On Jun 08, 2017
On top say wetin? Spear us the epistle . The OP had the minimum requirements to get the job naturally. However,they r two other candidates with superior professional qualification. Having superior certification doesn't mean they should be employed as far as the other guy met the minimum requirements. It is left for the OP to use his discretion to pick the candidate having met the minimum requirements. Assuming the OP's teacher doesn't have the minimum certification required, we can authoritatively point out that there was foul play . He did the right thing a normal person is expected to do and if I were him, I will go thru the same path .
Mustay:

See this:

If the professional certification was NOT a necessary requirement/standard for the post, no problem. Nonetheless, there is still a bias by the OP as he spent 30 minutes chatting and 5 minutes doing the actual work which is why it is better to avoid such situations - you won't treat them objectively because of your bias.

In such threads, I am not perturbed by those who (and this is not referring to you chiscodedon) insult you or tell you that "na baba God", "who professionalism epp", "u fit do am if na your bro?", "get rich or die poor" and the likes. Recently, someone's incident has shown us how even criminals will pose with exotic items generated from fraudulent income and still say "Baba God, u don do am for your boys".

What you are seeing here is a SOCIETY THAT HAS COME TO ACCEPT CORRUPTION AS NORMAL. Religion and other bases are just the manipulative thoughts to justify the wrong. Ironically, these people will blame politicians and leaders alike for favoring their lot while they cannot avoid what they condemn. Like they say, it is easy to throw stones when you are outside the glass house.

I am putting this out there so that some people (especially younger ones) are not misguided and really, I am not even moved or disturbed by differences in opinions - SAYING IT AS IT IS. He has given a context and provided basis for his decision. Imagine the other guys reading this and in their minds, like NL job seekers, they believe nothing works in Nigeria because they are qualified for certain jobs but are never picked as a result of favoritism.

We all have different moral codes and let yours guide you - to each his own. Good luck manson5011
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Kay25(m): 5:53am On Jun 08, 2017
Chaii who made dis comment..u have got a good sense of discerning God bless u dis are d kind of people nairaland needs

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Lagban(m): 5:55am On Jun 08, 2017
When Baba God picks ur call, no body can stop you : even those with high altitude certification will be at ur mercy. @OP u deserve a national award.

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Etuagievin(m): 5:55am On Jun 08, 2017
U did well

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Excellent4love: 5:57am On Jun 08, 2017
That is 100 percent professional. Just as the first person said is a divine arrangement.
For me l'll do the same.
Tumb up for you brother.

2 Likes

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Mustay(m): 5:57am On Jun 08, 2017
ransomed:
:::--- The truth did not help to heal the conscience of Uthman Dan Fodio when he led other Jihadists to exterminate innocent people who hesitated forceful conversion to Islam. He also planted his stooges in all "conquered" communities. Is that not Crime against humanity and utmost Nepotism? Things are easier said than done. Thanks.
Would you quote all these to The Guardian too?
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by LeanonGOD(m): 6:00am On Jun 08, 2017
Thank God, you did a great job. God used you as the JOSEPH for your former school teacher, may the good Lord reward you ABUNDANTLY in Jesus Almighty Name.

2 Likes

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Lagban(m): 6:01am On Jun 08, 2017
Added advantage can be anything : knowing the OP is an added advantage as well. Doing a voluntary job to gain experience is also an added advantage. Added advantage is not only limited to paper works. The OP looked beyond the CV. Having trust in an employee is beyond CV. Afteralll, the OP's teacher had the minimum requirements to secure the job : he is qualified for the job too. U only cry foul play if the teacher was not qualified @ all
Daboomb:

If it does not mean anything, how come the Employers call it ADDED ADVANTAGE..... or dont you know the meaning of that phrase?

Your statement makes me doubt you ever wrote and passed the Certifications you are claiming.
It is people who have failed in the "attempt" to have Certifications, that trash it.
Just like those school drop-outs will cite one fortunate drop-out (out of millions) as the reason for saying Education is a waste! grin grin
I have seen many of your types in the past.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by LeanonGOD(m): 6:03am On Jun 08, 2017
Including a Grammy Award for been the JOSEPH for his former school teacher smiley wink cheesy grin.
Lagban:
When Baba God picks ur call, no body can stop you : even those with high altitude certification will be at ur mercy. @OP u deserve a national award.

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by lincs25(m): 6:06am On Jun 08, 2017
Yes, u do well kudos. Mine was area girl that feel she is above every human in the area, so I was the Head of Training in one ICT company behold she apply for customer care, when interview started people start entering one by one and I was the interviewer, to her surprise when she enter I was incharge she was trying to let me know that we are in the same area for favour but it was late to me.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by LeanonGOD(m): 6:07am On Jun 08, 2017
Contrary to Section what?.
tintingz:
Nigerians are so religiously brainwashed they are using "God" to justify the OP corruption act. SMH
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by lincs25(m): 6:08am On Jun 08, 2017
Yes, u do well kudos. Mine was area girl that feel she is above every human in the area, so I was the Head of Training in one ICT company behold she apply for customer care, when interview started people start entering one by one and I was the interviewer, to her surprise when she enter I was incharge she was trying to let me know that we are in the same area for favour but it was late to me. How can one create a trade? I am j j c.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Lagban(m): 6:08am On Jun 08, 2017
Yap . Lol.
LeanonGOD:
Including a Grammy Award for been the JOSEPH for his former school teacher smiley wink cheesy grin.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by busariabeyx24(m): 6:11am On Jun 08, 2017
yemi2plus:
Shaatap.... D guy has done just fine.

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 08, 2017
galax1:
DAT was divine arrangement 4 him it breaks protocol. rem u were not d person dat should have done d interview but Gods plan made u act as his helper
Gbam! Divine connection speaking for him.

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by aalangel(f): 6:14am On Jun 08, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
If Buhari did the same thing you did now, you will be shouting foul play, together with all those supporting you.

You spent 10mins gisting with him and 5 min to ask basic questions; more like a paddy-paddy gist.

So unprofessional. You too will need to climb up the ladder one day and wouldn't hope that those who hold the key to your ladder would favor their siblings and friends ahead of you.

All interviews don't have to strict and hard. When I was interviewed at ETB years ago, I was even told to sing, since I wrote that as a hobby and that was the only question the man asked me.

Where I work presently (media), the last was kneeling on her chair, swiveling cos it became like a gist (I never knew her before) and she was the Director!!!

Sweetheart. God's GRACE does exist and it just worked for the Old Teacher.

2 Likes

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by nagoma(m): 6:21am On Jun 08, 2017
Xxpress:
To those shouting UNPROFESSIONAL, NEPOTISM AND CORRUPTION; if you were in the shoes of the teacher, you wouldn't be saying such and many of your will do the same as the OP.

It doesn't matter, it is still wrong no matter how many did it. There is a clear conflict of interest here and the other candidates did not have their merit considered at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

List Of Successful Candidates For Nigeria Police Recruitment 2016 / How To Write Your Name Officially / Sahara Group 2015 Graduate Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.