Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,356 members, 7,929,119 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 09:25 AM

Nairalander Help Review This Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairalander Help Review This Website (604 Views)

Pls help review my new website / Help Review This Forum Site / Pls Help Review Site Http://www.faithacademyportal.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander Help Review This Website by adeomos(m): 6:41pm On Jan 20, 2010
the sole purpose of studentvillang.com
1. an oppurtunity for nigerian student to submit school news that will be of benefit to other student accros the nation
2. and also nigerian student to find news that will get they inform
3. to meet with student from accros the nation

please surf through the whole site and i will be happy to make more adjustment to it
thanks
Re: Nairalander Help Review This Website by Horus(m): 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2010
I think you have to change the Pink color of the text on the front page.
There is too much Pink.
Re: Nairalander Help Review This Website by Nairaplus(m): 1:43pm On Jan 22, 2010
Hey Bro!

Please see if you can edit that pink write-up you have there. If you look very closely, you would observe that 'g' is chopped off wherever it's found on the website.

Also notice that the profile images are pushed to the bottom and the left side of the website is empty. You may wish to correct that. It's a nice idea anyway. Kudos!
Re: Nairalander Help Review This Website by adeomos(m): 2:22pm On Jan 22, 2010
thanks very much for the reply on the error i will get it modify now
thanks very much
Re: Nairalander Help Review This Website by freeman191(m): 7:14pm On Jan 22, 2010
Hi am new in posting reply to people's post, i only read dont comment, but i really need to give an opinion on this site, cos it will help you.
First of all.

1. You are fighting with too many colors on the site, Just 2 or 3 max and be creative it and maybe use on white background.
2. Dont make topography Error (Schoolaship Opportunities) on your page, always spell check
3. Your navigation bar are wrongly done you have to get it 100% right or nothing at all
The small arrows on the navigation bar are down for some links and up for some.(nigerian Schools)
The dividers used for the navigational links should reach down
And the over state should reach down and the down state also for the highlights
Lastly before i stop here for the mean time, first impression matters, does you design attract me to register on your site. Ask 10 people who dont
know you to access the site then you will recieve your answer.

Am not perfect, we are all learning everyday, made the same mistakes you made in my early days, Still improving
Re: Nairalander Help Review This Website by adeomos(m): 7:53pm On Jan 22, 2010
thanks bro i am actually limited my the joomla tamplete i use but i will stiil reach for perfection cos i know first impression matter
thanks
Re: Nairalander Help Review This Website by freeman191(m): 8:04am On Jan 23, 2010
you are welcome, i really dont know much about joomla template, i but i feel you should design your own template yourself, later you will be able to edit it yourself and not bound by restriction during a major change, and it will also help you to improve your designing skills.
Re: Nairalander Help Review This Website by mbanusick(m): 1:02pm On Jan 29, 2010
I think your site is okay, The forum section is cool because there are no too many colours but for the Home Page- the head section is cool [i.e from the top 2 the end of the nav. bars], the other sections has some colour variations from each other and the colours are not related,
Your background colour is cool and you should also look at your Register button
also choose a matching Google Ad colour
Re: Nairalander Help Review This Website by adeomos(m): 3:16pm On Jan 30, 2010
thanks pal the main trouble i have being have with this site is homepage color but i know i will get it right because this is my first website project
thanks again for your reply
Re: Nairalander Help Review This Website by william5: 5:55pm On Jan 30, 2010
I will group my assessment into sections

HEADER
Reduce the size of your login box.
What is the name of your site? Is it StudentVilla NG or DreamLand? Be specific.
Make your Albert Einstein quote a bit smaller and use italics
Organize your navigation bar properly. Make the search bar float to the right.

CONTENT
WELCOME TO THE STUDENTVILLANIGERIA should be Welcome to the StudentVilla Nigeria and the text should be bigger.
Your Introduction text should be regular not bold and with a proper line-height.
Also try and use fonts that relate properly and be consistent in its usage.
Your member pix should not have bullets. Therefore set the list-style-type to none.

That will be all for now. Do those and let us see if the results will be favourable.
Re: Nairalander Help Review This Website by adeomos(m): 3:12am On Jan 31, 2010
i guess am true with the home page color
Re: Nairalander Help Review This Website by dhtmlextreme(m): 7:39am On Feb 01, 2010
And please, change that joomla logo sharp sharp. That site has joomla written all over it.
Somehow, i think you are having problems with designing a joomla template. If you tell me
what you have in mind, i can help you develop a proper joomla template for a little price.
My website .com is done with joomla, but the template and other stuffs, i
developed myself to make it look original.
Re: Nairalander Help Review This Website by adeomos(m): 12:10pm On Feb 02, 2010
Kudos to you Mr on your effort to make this one of the best sir i will want to speak with you one on one on about website i will want you sir to post your number here or email me sir at adedeji.sure09@gmail.com
thanks sir

and to all of you that have post their comment about the site am saying thanks
Re: Nairalander Help Review This Website by dhtmlextreme(m): 1:45pm On Feb 02, 2010
You can always click on my name to see my details on my profile.

(1) (Reply)

Stop Smoking Now / Reinventing The Wheel / Free Paypal Verification Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.