Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,688 members, 7,921,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 06:22 AM

What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? (961 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. / Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by Spanishfly(f): 8:25am On Jan 21, 2010
After seeing a friend of mine get pregnant, she's not married still young like myself, I find myself too wanting to be pregnant too now.

P.S. I didn't say I'm going to get pregnant, I said I find myself wanting before the name calling wink

What is really wrong in that? Please seek genuine and respectable opinions.
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by Blueice4re(f): 8:47am On Jan 21, 2010
Before answering your question how old are you and how old is your friend.
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by ladygaga(f): 9:10am On Jan 21, 2010
thats a good question by spanishfly?
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by emelumgini(f): 11:14am On Jan 21, 2010
@ spanishfly
Everything about it is wrong. Did your mother get pregant b4 getting married?
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by Pampers: 1:32pm On Jan 21, 2010
I not just been a mother that matters but a honourable one. Ur friend would make it seem so intrestn so that u ld not mock her.dear she might be pretendn.she cant discus all with you. However what works for her might not suit u in practical.wait til u have a responsible man that is ready to father ur child.
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by selencious(f): 1:55pm On Jan 21, 2010
It is totally wrong. It is against God's commandment. It is just that we are now in a changed world;most things are now done according to the flesh and not by the spirit of God.
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 6:19pm On Jan 21, 2010
Ask God, but if it happens, God will be more pissed if you abort am
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by selencious(f): 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2010
Yup!!! Abortion is murder. Its best if you avoid it all.
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2010
selencious:

Yup!!! Abortion is murder. Its best if you avoid it all.

You mean to avoid intimacy?
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by selencious(f): 6:42pm On Jan 21, 2010
Yup!!!!
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 3:00am On Jan 22, 2010
^^^ Is that really possible?
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by Demdem(m): 7:55am On Jan 22, 2010
^^^^ Yes it is. We av shining examples from our Reverend fathers and Priests grin grin grin
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by omobadan(m): 12:21pm On Jan 22, 2010
It's your life. But remember having a child isn't child's play. You've got to have a father that will be there for you and the baby. You have to be able to do what want to do in life ie working or schooling without getting bug down by you taking care of a baby. It's lot of work taking care of a child. That's why you have to think it through very well, my dear.
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by nwaka80(f): 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2010
Blueice4re:

Before answering your question how old are you and how old is your friend.
Dats a good one, so answer that question first before anything cos it seems you are still in your teens otherwise you won't be asking that question here.
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 22, 2010
For your own security and peace of mind I would suggest marriage first and then a baby
(as long as you love your partner lol). If things go wrong, married women have many more legal rights
than those that are not married. Plus I think it's 'tidier' to get married first lol.
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 22, 2010
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by debosky(m): 1:23pm On Jan 22, 2010
When you say young, how young are you?

Do not even THINK about getting pregnant if you're below 21.

As a Christian, it is wrong to have a child before marriage, because it is wrong to have sex before marriage.

Even apart from that, it is often detrimental to the child to be born into a home when the parents are not together. Both parents are needed to give the child love, attention and training. Without that conducive environment, the child might still turn out good, but the chances of turning out bad are far increased.
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by selencious(f): 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2010
It is very Possible to have sex before marriage.
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by Sissy3(f): 2:07am On Jan 23, 2010
@ post

i think the main reason behind the "wrongness" of for many lies ones religious beliefs. having a child out of wedlock goes against the whole idea of no premarital sex which the bible condemns and frowns on and that also ties in with cultural beliefs and societal expectations.

many cultures and society frowns on it for many reasons. for many its seen as being "wild"and  bad, because you have gone against the structure that a child is supposed to be born into ex. finding someone, getting married, and finally having children. so, when things dont usually follow that structure many view the person as being deviant. which many cultures and society doesnt particularly like.

secondly, the whole idea of out wedlock child, for many especially families particularly middle and upper class family brings shame, disappointment and ridicule etc. and also, for many having out of wedlock children hinders their career improvement and personal betterment which makes rearing the child very difficult.
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by ccaramel(f): 6:21am On Jan 23, 2010
chaircover:

Back to the days when inner London girls used to get pregnant so that they could jump up the housing list for a damp council flat in sunny Hackney.

These happens a lot in Toronto and especially amongst Somalian/ Ethiopian women. The government gives them a car- minivan and a town house if they have more than 3 kids on welfare, these people make babies like crazy,
Re: What Is Really Wrong In Having A Child Before Marriage? by Spanishfly(f): 10:39pm On Jan 23, 2010
Thanks all for your points. I see it seems more justified not having a child out of wedlock.

P.S. I'm not in my teens for those that asked my age.

(1) (Reply)

Sex, Money And Power In Marriage / . / The Way Forward - Your Views Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.