Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,777 members, 7,969,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 02:05 AM

Did Jesus Claim To Be God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Claim To Be God? (575 Views)

Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? / Police Denies Pastor David Elijah's Assassination Attempt Claim / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:54pm On Jun 09, 2017
Did Jesus Claim To Be God?
By Mikel Del Rosario - January 9, 2017

What would you say if someone asked you, "Did Jesus say He was God?" In this post, I'll give you a few talking points that you can use to give a thoughtful response to a question like this. But first, let me tell you a little story.

One day, I was at this family reunion at my in-laws' place when a relative decided to engage me in a religious conversation. Now, you have to understand that I usually don't go looking for these kinds of discussions at parties. What I was looking for was more potato chips. Why? So I could try some of this homemade blue cheese dip–a secret family recipe!

So anyway, this woman cornered me and started talking about how Jesus never claimed to be God. In fact, she grabbed my Bible off the table, held it up as a visual aid, and said,

"According to this, Jesus never claimed to be God."

As a World Religions professor at a couple of universities, I hear this "Did Jesus say he was God" challenge a lot. The popular concept is that Jesus of Nazareth never said He was divine or never claimed to be the Son of God. But what about this? Did Jesus really say He was God? What does the historical evidence actually show?

Jesus claimed to be God. With the claims He made about Himself, He leaves no room for the idea of being just a "teacher" or a "prophet". Check out the few talking points that can be used in giving a thoughtful response to the OP in the link below.

http://reasonsforjesus.com/jesus-claim-god/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by Pharaoh9(m): 12:06am On Jun 10, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus claimed to be God. With the claims He made about Himself, He leaves no room for the idea of being just a "teacher" or a "prophet". Check out the few talking points that can be used in giving a thoughtful response to the OP in the link below.

Re: Did Jesus Claim To Be God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:42am On Jun 13, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Did Jesus Claim To Be God?

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 18/08/17 / GOD And Efforts: Are Greatness And Riches By Destiny? / Rapture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.