Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,356 members, 7,920,338 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 02:41 AM

Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos (4636 Views)

Protest In Abuja For The Expulsion Of Saeed-Koozechi Iranian Ambassador / Mass Protest Likely In Kano As Litre Of Fuel Sells For N1,000 / Mass Protest Against Oshiomhole Administration Rocks Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by miqos02(m): 7:47pm On Jan 22, 2010
more pics

Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 22, 2010
@ all,

is CHRIS OKOTIE in that rally?

i wont be suprise if he's not there, he's such a nicompoop.
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by monkeyleg: 9:52pm On Jan 22, 2010
@ ochukoccna,

My point is that they have exposed themselves for who they really are. If they cared for Nigerians like they claim they do, I mean Buhari, this is a golden opportunity to show his support, and come out and critisize the government, this is what opposition parties do.

He has really exposed himself this time, all that his shouting during the last election lacked sincerity, at least we know who not to support next election.

We must really fight to get the electoral reforms in place before the next election and we must all register to vote, my people we must all register to vote and defend our vote. The ruling party has finished us.
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by trueword: 11:31pm On Jan 22, 2010
this is real good. Even though only 3000 people came out in the march, even though lagos is capable of having more people, I think that as more marches are organized more people will join in. There might have been some who were apprehensive about the first march, that may now feel more comfortable. If we can grow the marches to 10s of thoursands and then hundreds of thousands then we will be able to march to Abuja and take over the government and save the nation from its downward trend.

I'm glad that the speakers openly condemned Obj.
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by trueword: 11:50pm On Jan 22, 2010

src of image: http://saharareporters.com/photonews.html?func=detail&id=1319#joomimg

is that Fashola in this picture with the rally people?  I'm pretty sure it is. If that is indeed him, then kudos to him for standing with nigerians to advocate for change.
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by oge4real(f): 11:53pm On Jan 22, 2010
Like play, like play, Nigerians don dey wake up!
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by 50kobo: 12:34am On Jan 23, 2010
nonsense, all of a sudden we are concerned that our president is not 'in nigeria ''leading the country'?', someone wants to boot yaradua and start eating their own cake. 

Infact we have so many problems in this country, we should have mass protests on a daily basis.

Mass protest against lack of proper electricity  since 19 koro (i dont even know if there was ever a time nigeria had light 24/7)
Mass protest for the impassable dungeons we call roads
Mass protest for lack of access to drinking water
Mass protest for Fuel scarcity
Mass protest for Bribery and Corruption

When Yar'adua was well, its not like anything was being done!  So why should we bother that he is not here? Infact we dont need those fat cats called senator,  they can all go on holiday and stay in their mansions abroad, its not like they are doing much!  At least now we truly know that the country is a headless chicken (goodbye the Giant of Africa)
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by Nobody: 5:33am On Jan 23, 2010
Lagos, Eko Oni Baje oh. see Governance, Bankole came for our rally but could not stand and speak as confidently as Fashola
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by asunaobi(m): 6:24am On Jan 23, 2010
People can only be fooled for sometime but not all the time. Our leaders in crime are getting the message. Obasanjo is on the defensive. Ibo people said that" When a dead person starts to decompose and smell, the best friend who was considered better than the brother or sister will run away". Obasanjo is slowly slowly dis-engaging himself from yaradua.

WELLDONE NIJA! WITH ONE VOICE MOUNTAINS CAN BE MOVED.
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by supereagle(m): 7:20am On Jan 23, 2010
Power the people, change for the better. The uncaring National Assembly wont look in the direction of masses.
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by Rmc1(m): 8:23am On Jan 23, 2010
Slowly but surely 150million nigerians are begining to wake up from their deep sleep and are demanding 4 their rights.Corrupt politicians beware!!!! the clamp is already on your corrüpt jogulars, watch as the  people put the squeeze on it.  angry  angry

THE POWER BELONGS TO THE PEOPLE  !!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by idifu(m): 9:12am On Jan 23, 2010
the protest is ok for the country, but i would want a situation where by the entire country would protest peacefully for change in the entire country
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by idifu(m): 9:22am On Jan 23, 2010
50kobo i agree with you completely that there should be mass protest against lack of electricity,good roads,food,water e.t.c
Fashola and some other corrupt ppl shouldn't have been part of the protest because they are the architects of diseases,no electricity,bad roads,unemployment e.t.c
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by monkeyleg: 3:53pm On Jan 23, 2010
Na small small. People need to talk where dey pain them. We may not change anything now, but we have 1 yr to the next election, that would be avery good opportunity for all Nigerians (for change) to speak with one voice.

I hear Warri had thiers yesterday
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by 1forall: 11:02pm On Jan 23, 2010
hey beknown good one, it was a large turnout enough, anymore and it could get messy. I saw the pics of the London protest and I wasnt surprised at the turnout either, I mean with the weather alone!

hornyric join the group 'A National Call on President Umaru Yar'Adua to Step Down' on Facebook, you'll learn of these things

In general I think we should all take more active positions in this battle for emancipation as a nation.
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by londoner: 3:16pm On Jan 24, 2010
This is good. In fact the longer Yaradua stays away, the more people will push for change. I'm not wishing him death or ill health, but this has sparked a galvanisation among Nigerians of all ages and walks of life the absence of the president has revealed a silver lining in the dark cloud. Nigerians have always groaned, but before it was in the comfort of their living rooms and not in such numbers at once. Hope EFCC begins to usher in prison terms now, lol

This is an opportunity, we need to also push for ELECTORAL REFORM and implimentation in FULL of the Uwais report.
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by bolanleodu: 9:15pm On Jan 24, 2010
The power of naija. Really this is the begining. Phase two just commenced.
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by ladej(m): 2:22am On Jan 25, 2010
this rally thing is gladdening my heart. well done to all the protesters. well done
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by nnalue: 1:38pm On Jan 25, 2010
grin sad cool

what is happening? Are we keeping quiet?, can't u see it? things are going on even without the so called Nigerian president.but i think, if u can open your EYES wide open u can agree with me that YAR, is NOT and has never been nigerian president. infact, if i may ask, WHO IS THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA?

ANSWER: PDP

PETER

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos / Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State (pictures) / Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.