Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,088 members, 7,890,601 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:43 PM

Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos (7849 Views)

Stop Complaining About Crude Price, GEJ Left You $30b, OBJ Tells Buhari / Resign Now, PDP NYF To Metuh / Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by Borat1: 10:50am On Jan 24, 2010
What do you expect from an illiterate?
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by BHunter: 11:36am On Jan 24, 2010
And the Evil genius is OBJ grin
Step aside IBB wink
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by Demoladoc: 12:07pm On Jan 24, 2010
@hollandis didnt ur pastor tell u that u will die b4 obj? Idiot.
And that fool talking about dialysis, yaradua already had a transplant hence d dialysis was stopped. Silly idiot.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by Puvguy: 12:24pm On Jan 24, 2010
mod
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by hollandis(f): 12:44pm On Jan 24, 2010
Demoladoc:

@hollandis didnt your pastor tell u that u will die b4 obj? Idiot.
And that fool talking about dialysis, yaradua already had a transplant hence d dialysis was stopped. Silly idiot.

Anybody who is a beneficiary and supporter of obj will die too.Barawo Banza
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by Akposkin: 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2010
another story
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by SeXyBoNE: 1:05pm On Jan 24, 2010
OBJ is a slyly bast.ard
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by Texasauto: 1:13pm On Jan 24, 2010
Its about time,
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by Godopinion: 1:50pm On Jan 24, 2010
obj did this,yaradua did that.Well is quite unfortunate that yaradua turned out to be a very sick man but he can soldier on till 2011 or perhaps resign grin grin.If the zoning issue continue based on 2 terms i think come 2011 the most credible northerner that will contest for presidency will be mallam ibrahim shakerau.the governor of kano state,because the 3 criterias that was used to select yaradua by obj he met them and ofcourse he is very fit both physically and mentally.the only draw back is that he is ANPP but will he decamp to PDP if they come looking for him.Just before I forget,have you heard about fuelless electricity generator,no fuel,no solar,no wind,no charcoal,no noise,no smoke,runs 24/7,very efficient.for more details visit my blog
http://www.powersolutionsng..com

Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by londoner: 2:00pm On Jan 24, 2010
Obj is just trying to seperate himself from the burning house, which he helped set ablaze. He does not get it, he did the worse disservice to Nigerians by not allowing their vote to count, or the vote of his political party. He imposed Yaradua on all of us, and threw away an opportunity for Nigeria to move forward internally and in the eyes of the world. He helped to entrentch the culture of "selection" at the highest level to the detriment of the vote and the Nigerian populace. He knew Yaradua was sick, my uncle who is close to someone high in PDP, confirmed all this even before OBJ chose Yaradua.

No amount of debt cancellelation can make up for the fact that he threw away a chance to move Nigeria forward, not just politically but also in terms of electricity, something which he had two full terms to bring to pass and FAILED. What people claim he gave, did he not take right back with the other hand?
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by chidichris(m): 2:05pm On Jan 24, 2010
Yar'adua is a 55year old man who should know when to accept things or not. OBJ did what he thought was right for the country at the time, you can question whether his judgement was right at the time or not but what you can't deny him is the right to comment on the present issue.

@mikeansy,
if not for internet and forums like this, i will course myself for been in the same forum with u.
what did obj think that was right for nigeria? selecting a candidate of his choice and imposing him on nigeria and nigerias? what happened to democracy as regards to our rights to vote and be voted for?  idiots and senseless things like you also celebrated obama as the first black american president. why didn't bush do what he considered right for america instead of allowing the americans to have their votes speak for them.
for me, obj is just a confussed and wiocked idiot that is suffering from the intoxication of powers that were handed over to him by money trapped embeciles.
for yar adua, if he was fit to rule nigeria by force and false pretence then, he shld also be fit to continue.
i think nigerians now want him to even go for third term.
even in death, yar adua must be made to continue as nigerians are set to have a dead president in charge.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by Chubiko: 2:11pm On Jan 24, 2010
@mikeansy

I guess Oby's admin favored you, incidently i don't think it was so for a lot of Nigerians. Any way, i think he should just keep quiet and not try to play the good guy now. God will help us very soon.

Any way he is a comedian. a script writer and even an actor. Who knows if he is at it again.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by BAC: 2:37pm On Jan 24, 2010
Hello, the foolish ones. Can you point at any president your have ever had in Nigeria better than Obj? Obj paid most of Nigerian debt abroad ( delivered Nigeria from slavery), do you know what that means? you are talking about fuel prices, here in the UK fuel goes up and down and there is nothing the government can do about it. Nigeria does not have working refineries so Nigeria is importing fuel like the UK.

Obj, no matter how much people hate you sir. I want to say thank God for what you have done for Nigeria. You tried your best and I will say thank you for that. The action of one man cannot solve Nigeria's problems, these problems where created during a 40years period. I am not saying you did very well , but you tried you best, other Nigerian presidents we've had cannot manage a 2 staff burger shop.
At the moment, people are praising Fashola, give them more time they will start the hate campaign.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by BAC: 2:43pm On Jan 24, 2010
chidichris:

@mikeansy,
if not for internet and forums like this, i will course myself for been in the same forum with u.
what did obj think that was right for nigeria? selecting a candidate of his choice and imposing him on nigeria and nigerias? what happened to democracy as regards to our rights to vote and be voted for?  idiots and senseless things like you also celebrated obama as the first black american president. why didn't bush do what he considered right for america instead of allowing the americans to have their votes speak for them.
for me, obj is just a confussed and wiocked idiot that is suffering from the intoxication of powers that were handed over to him by money trapped embeciles.
for yar adua, if he was fit to rule nigeria by force and false pretence then, he shld also be fit to continue.
i think nigerians now want him to even go for third term.
even in death, yar adua must be made to continue as nigerians are set to have a dead president in charge.

@chidicris

Did you go to school at all. Who told you bush did not choose his successor? Do you have television at home at all. Do you even know that difference between the leading parties in the US. May God help you ooooo
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by ayo84(m): 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2010
obasanjo,is a real evil genius, his plan all along was to put a niger deltan in power,im luving this grin grin
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by londoner: 2:54pm On Jan 24, 2010
Okay, so OBJ brokered debt cancellation, which is a good thing. He was in power for two terms wasnt he, what else do Nigerians have to show for it today?

To be honest, the average Nigerian would have benefited more from having their vote count. By now we would be coming up to the prospect of having a second credible election in a row come 2011. Dont you see how nations such as Ghana are benefitting from showing the world their election credibility. Who is mentioning how much debt they have? Who is citing debt repayment as a reason to  invest in Nigeria or to have confidence in Nigeria?

I think we should be happy that OBJ brokered a debt cancellation/payment, but what stopped him from also making headway in the political system?

A step forwards  before two steps back is a step backwards any way you look at it.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by Funkstein(m): 3:35pm On Jan 24, 2010
hollandis:

My pastor just said obj will die this year.I am waiting for the prayer to turn into reality.

And you people are supposed to be Christians, this is a clear cut example of the evil that is left to run riot in your average church in Naija, what makes it even more astonishing is that he was st u pid enough to repeat it here. . . . . . .
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by boyt1: 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2010
OBJ IS A TOTAL FAILURE TO NIGERIA NATION, he is aware of this fact now he pretend to repear his damaged image.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by eduking1: 4:24pm On Jan 24, 2010
I guess Yar'dua should really take the part of honour according to uncle Shege. I believe he spoke from his heart.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by suxes2005(m): 4:35pm On Jan 24, 2010
i just pray this is true and let d
boy take to his master's advice

SHALOM
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by viewlekan: 4:55pm On Jan 24, 2010
BAC:

Hello, the foolish ones. Can you point at any president your have ever had in Nigeria better than Obj? Obj paid most of Nigerian debt abroad ( delivered Nigeria from slavery), do you know what that means? you are talking about fuel prices, here in the UK fuel goes up and down and there is nothing the government can do about it. Nigeria does not have working refineries so Nigeria is importing fuel like the UK.

Obj, no matter how much people hate you sir. I want to say thank God for what you have done for Nigeria. You tried your best and I will say thank you for that. The action of one man cannot solve Nigeria's problems, these problems where created during a 40years period. I am not saying you did very well , but you tried you best, other Nigerian presidents we've had cannot manage a 2 staff burger shop.
At the moment, people are praising Fashola, give them more time they will start the hate campaign.

The level of analysis by you and some others is quite bewildering to say the least!!, last time I checked Nigeria was supposed to be a democratic state with all the characteristics of a representative government. A former head of state just confirmed that his successor was in fact selected rather than been elected and you are telling us about paying debt, do you really understand he could only afford to pay it because a substantial part of that debt was forgiven.

You could as well roll out the drums in Otta and expect some naira notes, seriously instead of these crass praise worship, you should be asking key questions like what business obj had with selecting yaradua?
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by chibobo121: 4:58pm On Jan 24, 2010
AM SOOO HAPY AM FROM REP.OF BIAFRA, AND NOT NIGERIANS WHO ALLOW 1 IDIOT TO SELECT A RULER 4 THEM. i wil fold hands and watch how the drama ends
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by modestdude(m): 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2010
OBJ is an intelligent crook and a power drunk. He simply aired his view coz members of the Board of Trustees of the PDP last thursday, spurned his patriotic advise to allow Jonathan to fill the void created by Yar'adua. Now he is saying he demanded for the medical report on Yar'adua when he knew that it was his grand plan to see him dead during the campaign for him to hold on to power. His tenure was an apology, he made education his footstool and flagrantly abused democratic processes and rule of law. his only good side was his penchant of reward and compensation with political portfolios and contracts and his appointment of technocrats to steer the nation's economy.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by Owen2(m): 5:36pm On Jan 24, 2010
Demoladoc:

3. Obj chosed yaradull based on his track record on integrity and his safe disposition. Most of d other pple available at that time were all stained one way or the other. Its a pity yaradull doesnt have both d intellectual capacity and physical wherewithall to rule this complicated country. In that regard i feel obj failed this country but there was no better person at that time.
4. That obj came out now to tell yaradull to resign show obj's strong character and love for this country.

You my friend are a clueless dim-wit,i swear down!
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by londoner: 5:46pm On Jan 24, 2010
Showed love for his country? Ha!, he is just reminding us that he still feels the country to his own personal backyard. If he wanted to show "solidary" with Nigerians, he should have joined one of the marches. This is an ego trip, "I put you there, I can take you out" is all he is saying to Yaradua. It has nothing to do with the nation or any "love" he has for her.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by kcblast(m): 6:04pm On Jan 24, 2010
dat black GORILLA is noting but a pile of problem 2 nigerians.Goddamn it!!! angry
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by deevuu(m): 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2010
I dont know much , but i know Obj tried as a president in dis country, do u think its easy to rule in a country like Nigeria, where we have diff tribes and cultures, and so many people who want their opinion heard if not done, left to me i wld give Obj a passmark, and ive learnt that most peeps here on NL just talk for the sake of talking, mayb most of y'all dont know the intrigues and dealings in politics, most especially in nigeria, i bet you that most of y'all dissin Obj cant even do half of wat he did, yea he made mistakes, so wat!! hez payin for it now, hez human and, i will say again, it takes a strong man to rule Nigeria d way he did,
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by londoner: 8:03pm On Jan 24, 2010
^^^^ Nigerians only give him a pass mark because their standards have dropped so low. People who are used to crumbs, will see a slice of bread as a feast.

Do we have more people than China or India? If they can build their economy and certain social standards with over 1 billion people, what does that tell us about what is achieveable even with a big population size?

As a country we dont have such a simple thing as stable electricity or good road networks, after having the resources to do so many times over, through the last fifty years. It is now 2010!!!!!

Expect more, its not just about OBJ, but in this day and age it is pitiful.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by Owen2(m): 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2010
''Nigerians only give him a pass mark because their standards have dropped so low. People who are used to crumbs, will see a slice of bread as a feast.''

spot on bro!
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by MrCartha: 8:30pm On Jan 24, 2010
After destruction will always sound renovation. OBJ we hail thee grin grin grin
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by londoner: 8:49pm On Jan 24, 2010
@*owen*, thanks. BTW I'm a woman, why does everyone mistake me for being a male here ?, lol
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by safeact(m): 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2010
This must surely divide PDP folks. Many will now be free to speak their mind. Oh let there be more revelations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Groaning In The Jaw Of Banditry, Ethnic Clashes After Polls / 2023 Election: Actors, Methods And Colouration Of Online Disinformation / Becomrich Says When I Become President , Quote Me An Igbo Would Be President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.