Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,527 members, 7,905,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 02:21 AM

Too Much Expectations Around Me - Please Advise! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Too Much Expectations Around Me - Please Advise! (870 Views)

My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Too Much Expectations Around Me - Please Advise! by Anonymouth: 10:49pm On Jun 11, 2017
Hello, guys!

Had to create an anonymous account for this.

I'm a young man, clocking 26 this July, and I feel so overwhelmed with expectations from friends and family all around. And this has really not been helping, at all!

My mother and kid sister actually depend on me for solely everything. Well, probably coz I really can't stand them suffer anything. We've all gone through that suffering phase for over few years I lost my dad. Mumsy literally borrowed to send me to school, and now, I'm supporting her to send my sister to school.

Their expectations got much more on the rise just recently, probably because I landed a project that could afford me to buy my first ever landed property. I also was able to get myself an apartment in town.

My mum's friend and her daughter even made things worse. They started making cash requests which I really can hardly turn down. Probably her son, who also happens to be my childhood friend told them I "supported" him financially during his wedding.

So as to make ends meet, I basically get myself busy - morning, day and night because can't just stand being broke.

... But now, all these are becoming more unbearable. More like the whole world is on me. I barely now have time for myself, I can't handle a relationship, I can't think straight. I'm just not me.

I really need help. I need a way out. Please advice! Or is this just normal?
Re: Too Much Expectations Around Me - Please Advise! by MidaxPhoenix(m): 10:56pm On Jun 11, 2017
You need to be discrete and disciplined.

Focus basically on yourself and your family.

Prune down excesses and know that demands will always keep coming. You don't have to grant all of them.

Trust me, they may grudge but won't die!!

7 Likes

Re: Too Much Expectations Around Me - Please Advise! by Theyveedo(m): 11:54pm On Jun 11, 2017
Welcome to my world
Re: Too Much Expectations Around Me - Please Advise! by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 12, 2017
At 26? Guy, you need to tell all of them to F*ck Off. You have tried enough.

Better purchase that land now. Land in Ibeju Lekki is appreciating like Mahd.

1 Like

Re: Too Much Expectations Around Me - Please Advise! by Evablizin(f): 8:25am On Jun 12, 2017
Op follow what midaxphoenix said,focus on yourself and family first,based on their demand we have what we call want and need,provide their needs for them as much as you can but for their wants na later thing that is when there is enough. resource
Re: Too Much Expectations Around Me - Please Advise! by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 12, 2017
ur family is more important, d rest shld boil stone

3 Likes

Re: Too Much Expectations Around Me - Please Advise! by Anonymouth: 1:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
Big thanks guys! Your comments are just so hilarious, but really helpful!
Re: Too Much Expectations Around Me - Please Advise! by Anonymouth: 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2017
cruchenuti:
At 26? Guy, you need to tell all of them to F*ck Off. You have tried enough.

Better purchase that land now. Land in Ibeju Lekki is appreciating like Mahd.

Lol! Thanks, man! For the land, done deal! wink

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Handle A Nagging Dad? / Shocking!! Newly Born Baby Speaks! See What It Said… / Wellness Hampers And Gift Items For Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.