Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,166 members, 7,884,070 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 11:16 PM

Which Premiership Clubside Is The Most Supported In Nigeria?. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Which Premiership Clubside Is The Most Supported In Nigeria?. (4876 Views)

5 Most Supported Club / Manunited Is Most Supported Club In Nigeria & The World - Survey: Do U Agree? / Manu Is The Most Supported English Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Premiership Clubside Is The Most Supported In Nigeria?. by abadaba(m): 10:35pm On Jan 21, 2010
On my visit to Nigeria a year ago, I realised that Chelsea fc is the most supported EPL team in Aba and Abuja. I visited a lot of viewing centres in the two cities, interviewed viewers and I came to the conclusion that Chelsea fc is the in thing in Aba and Abuja.
However, I did not tour all the Nigerian cities and towns. As a result, I can not generalise that Chelsea fc is the most supported EPL clubside in Nigeria.
Sports loving Nairalanders, What is your view on this matter?.
Re: Which Premiership Clubside Is The Most Supported In Nigeria?. by dayokanu(m): 7:39am On Jan 22, 2010
Among mechanics, area boys and Almajiris. Arsenal rules.

In the North there is no movement like O2(What they call Arsenal. In Lagos nothing like Goners.

They are also the most unruly fans
Re: Which Premiership Clubside Is The Most Supported In Nigeria?. by tkb417(m): 8:08am On Jan 22, 2010
it used to be Arsenal

only God knows where those Chelsea fans came from

4-5 years ago, you wont see them anywhere but now

its up chelski everywhere

its followed closely by Arsenal and i think the reason why the Arses are not that vocal is cos of their barren state grin grin
when they win a title, all those fake gunners in hiding will start showing their faces again

UTD come after those 2

i can count the number of Pool fans in Nigeria grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Premiership Clubside Is The Most Supported In Nigeria?. by akinalabi(m): 9:03am On Jan 22, 2010
From 1998 to 2004, it was Arsenal

From 2004 to 2010, na Chelsea where the hell did they come out from?

I'm begining to notice Man City fans as well.

Very few Liverpool fans, there are quite a number of utd fans as well but we always
trailed either Arsenal or Chelsea
Re: Which Premiership Clubside Is The Most Supported In Nigeria?. by HNIC(m): 11:43am On Jan 22, 2010
Tough call
But. . . . . .
It's typical of Nigerians to be 'glory hunters'
and to support teams where they have 'their own'.
There have been many more Manure fans of late, but maybe they could have been more, if there were two or three africans playing there.
If I have to make a good guess, I think Chelsea fans are the most
Re: Which Premiership Clubside Is The Most Supported In Nigeria?. by dyabman(m): 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2010
Chelsea ofcourse
Arsenal
Manutd

But in Lagos the Barca fans are buzzing out from an unknown world to compete with the Chelsea Fans. . my area is just chelsea and barca follow by arsenal and man utd , i can count liverpool fans, and real madrid also becos i think my friend is the only madrid fan in the whole of Ifo Local govt. tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Which Premiership Clubside Is The Most Supported In Nigeria?. by mystikal(m): 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2010
the most passionate fans are those arsenal fans, and I wonder how some of them still remain fans, given that most nigerian fans are glory hunters, and that arsenal hasn't won anything of late.

Chelsea fans have been on the increase lately too. There is a good Utd following too.
Re: Which Premiership Clubside Is The Most Supported In Nigeria?. by dayokanu(m): 6:34pm On Jan 22, 2010
I was the only Bayern fan while in school.

In almost any gathering I am the only Bayern fan. It pays to be unique

1 Like

Re: Which Premiership Clubside Is The Most Supported In Nigeria?. by akinalabi(m): 8:04pm On Jan 23, 2010
dyabman:

But in Lagos the Barca fans are buzzing out from an unknown world to compete with the Chelsea Fans. . my area is just chelsea and barca follow by arsenal and man utd , i can count liverpool fans, and real madrid also becos i think my friend is the only madrid fan in the whole of Ifo Local govt. tongue grin

The OP was asking about premiership teams grin

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Fulham (4 - 0) On 22nd December 2012 / Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! / Aston Villa Vs Arsenal [0-0] Wednesday 27th January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.