Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,912 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:32 AM

Golf Gt 2.0 8v Single Point Fuel Injection into Vw T4 2e2 Carburator - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Golf Gt 2.0 8v Single Point Fuel Injection into Vw T4 2e2 Carburator (1489 Views)

Russians Turned ₦81m Bentley Continental GT Into The World's Most Luxurious Tank / Carburetor Vs. Fuel Injection: Understanding The Advantages And Disadvantages / Carburetor Vs. Fuel Injection System: Which Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Golf Gt 2.0 8v Single Point Fuel Injection into Vw T4 2e2 Carburator by phoneworks: 6:47am On Jun 19, 2017
ATTN CAR GURUS AND ENTHUSIASTS
I have some issue with my 1993 transporter T4. I bought the T4 in Nigeria but later discovered that it came with 2.4D engine which the owner later changed to 1.8l PD engine with 2E2 pierburg carburetor. The 2E2 carb has been seriously messed up such that it has only idle over run valve fuel injection parts. Every other component autochoke, TTV, throttle body heater, 3 point unit, pull down unit, Vacuum Unit Stage 2, Waxstat is out. Am not sure thermoswitches for inlet manifold and autochoke heating were ever installed. Knowing fully well that parts for 2e2 is not common again as it is an old carburetor and sometimes, it goes into mysterious problems due to missing components, am thinking of fitting golf mk3 single point fuel injector.
I want to seek your advice whether it will work well to give the LWB T4 1.8l PD engine maximum toque of 117Lbf.ft @ 2200 rpm as stated by VW. I am also aware that ECU, fuel pump and throttle body flange may be needed. Please advice.
Thanks for you kind response
Re: Golf Gt 2.0 8v Single Point Fuel Injection into Vw T4 2e2 Carburator by diportivo: 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
whatever happened to this thread and the outcome of this swap shocked
Re: Golf Gt 2.0 8v Single Point Fuel Injection into Vw T4 2e2 Carburator by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:23pm On Aug 21, 2018
how did u manage to dig this up.... OMG the grammar too much for me sef... make I kuku rush out
Re: Golf Gt 2.0 8v Single Point Fuel Injection into Vw T4 2e2 Carburator by phoneworks: 6:49am On Aug 26, 2018
diportivo:
whatever happened to this thread and the outcome of this swap shocked

@diportivo I went ahead to try this. I did extensive research and at the end it paid off. I can tell you that I never regrated venturing into this. The situation I described above about the cab was so bad that the fuel consumption of the bus was too high and there is also heavy power loss despite the huge full swallow(consumption).
I fitted 1.8L mono-motronic injector with fabricated flange to match, ECU, O2 sensor, ignition transformer, loom to match, catalytic converter, coolant temperature sensor, fuel pump, cooling fan control(before now the cooling fan runs steady. Hope you know the implication) and the sweetest of all I fitted MFA INSTRUMENT CLAUSTER with its accessories. Timing correctly to get maximum power became an issue too. I needed timing light for this so I have to buy one from jiji.com. OBD2 scanner port was installed so that I can pull codes from the ECU if there is any. I bought the exact plugs recommended by the manufacturer. It is really fantastic.
I did all the job myself except welding the catalytic converter to my exhaust. I also used the opportunity to change the valve stem seal with a tool I fabricated. Before now I discovered that number 3 has been leaking oil. I rebuilt the head too.
Finally I did smoke test with smoke test equipment I got from the same person I bought timing light and OBD2 scanner port. There were no leakages. My transporter T4 LWB runs great with best fuel efficiency.

3 Likes

Re: Golf Gt 2.0 8v Single Point Fuel Injection into Vw T4 2e2 Carburator by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:20am On Aug 26, 2018
phoneworks:

@diportivo I went ahead to try this. I did extensive research and at the end it paid off. I can tell you that I never regrated venturing into this. The situation I described above about the cab was so bad that the fuel consumption of the bus was too high and there is also heavy power loss despite the huge full swallow(consumption).
I fitted 1.8L mono-motronic injector with fabricated flange to match, ECU, O2 sensor, ignition transformer, loom to match, catalytic converter, coolant temperature sensor, fuel pump, cooling fan control(before now the cooling fan runs steady. Hope you know the implication) and the sweetest of all I fitted MFA INSTRUMENT CLAUSTER with its accessories. Timing correctly to get maximum power became an issue too. I needed timing light for this so I have to buy one from jiji.com. OBD2 scanner port was installed so that I can pull codes from the ECU if there is any. I bought the exact plugs recommended by the manufacturer. It is really fantastic.
I did all the job myself except welding the catalytic converter to my exhaust. I also used the opportunity to change the valve stem seal with a tool I fabricated. Before now I discovered that number 3 has been leaking oil. I rebuilt the head too.
Finally I did smoke test with smoke test equipment I got from the same person I bought timing light and OBD2 scanner port. There were no leakages. My transporter T4 LWB runs great with best fuel efficiency.

wow
Re: Golf Gt 2.0 8v Single Point Fuel Injection into Vw T4 2e2 Carburator by diportivo: 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

wow

triple wow wow wow wow wow

siren mode activated.....

this one hot die

Re: Golf Gt 2.0 8v Single Point Fuel Injection into Vw T4 2e2 Carburator by Inception(m): 8:24pm On Aug 26, 2018
phoneworks:

shocked

Authentic Demeanor spotted!

(1) (Reply)

Engine Off / See What Someone Said About Lamborghini (with Picture). / Mclaren 600LT Spider Has A Top Mount Exhaust (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.