Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,735 members, 7,895,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 02:22 PM

Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List (4589 Views)

Army: AI Report On Clash With Shi’ites Hasty, Partial, Subjective / Security Agencies Watch-list Supreme Court Justices-the Nations / GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by Favormi(m): 9:10pm On Jan 26, 2010
It will be a good news 4 us

1 Like

Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by oge4real(f): 9:12pm On Jan 26, 2010
platinumnk:

It wont do anything. Our name is already tainted in the eyes of the world.

Even if they scribble our names off, it wont do anything.
True talk.
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by Favormi(m): 9:16pm On Jan 26, 2010
Good news
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by mrkoma2012: 9:20pm On Jan 26, 2010
What do we expect from our leader who only take glory from the name of their posts rather than working as servants of it people. Its a shame to be called a nigerian worldwide even prior to the addition of nigeria to the terror list.
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by chidyke77(m): 9:45pm On Jan 26, 2010
They may remove us frm d list bt nt frm their mind and actions to us.
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by SamMilla1(m): 9:47pm On Jan 26, 2010
platinumnk:

It wont do anything. Our name is already tainted in the eyes of the world.

Even if they scribble our names off, it wont do anything.

precisely why i said whatever
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by rasputinn(m): 9:56pm On Jan 26, 2010
We shouldn't have been included in the first place if Yar Adua was there to liaise with Obama when the incident occured
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by westpumpin(m): 9:58pm On Jan 26, 2010
ha beg make we no deceive ourself niga na country wey any body can enter and any thing

dont be surprise if they blow up aso rock,
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 26, 2010
dem dey act script.mshewwwww.na 2day.i'm followin up as d drama is unfoldin
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by vislabraye(m): 11:00pm On Jan 26, 2010
Nigeria's problem has nothing to do with terrorism. But the major problem with Naija is corruption.

Honestly speaking, I don't see the wisdom in putting Nigeria on the terror list. I just pity innocent Nigerians who would be humilated and called terrorist abroad. The stigmatisation would increase.
Let's look at this issue logically. First and foremost, Muttallab is the first Nigerian to attempt suicide bombing. He became radicalised " outside the country" to be precise Great Britain. If the Americans and the British are serious, they should begin looking at the people they grant visas to. I won't be surprised to hear that there are some radicals in their countries. America should rather be pro active; they should not pass the buck.

The crisis in trhe North is akin to Rwanda geneocide but not as severe as that. That alone is not enuf to put Nigeria in the list
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by Alxmyr(m): 12:00am On Jan 27, 2010
Hillary Clinton has spoken and we know what she said.
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by gidson12(m): 12:16am On Jan 27, 2010
at least u guys should be happy for once for the good news, why should negative thoughts always crop up when nigeria is talked about
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by disturbia: 12:27am On Jan 27, 2010
Britain is a country they need to add to the list because most of these people are sojourn in Britain. There are enough of them there, they come in and out of Britain without any restrictions. Left to me Britain is a country that needs to be watched. It is not that the country is not doing anything about it, but i feel there laws are loose on these people.
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by 9child(f): 1:25am On Jan 27, 2010
please, i beg US not to remove nigeria from dt list so as keep our government's attention on the terrorism goin on in our country.

a friend's cousin has just been killed in jos. i'm hurting becos we were quite close.

nigerians abroad should bear with us and take it as a price to pay for being a nigerian at dis time.

those of us here have been paying too. (in terms of unemployment,oppression etc) cos we a nid a little sanity in dis land

but lets keep praying, its well
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by Becomrrich: 2:42am On Jan 27, 2010
Nothing would happen , Nigeria would remain on the terror list, the only way nigeria can remove itself is to remove the yorubas , edo, delta and bayelsa state into Benin republic. or create Arewa republic. I am telling you the truth.

I have lived here for decade. I know how the immigration system works. Look the USA govt would tell you, I have travel to several countries around the world, name the country, I have been there. And I am not ready to stop travelling around the world, because I have to beat my father record of over 70 countries around the world. I am not even halfway to his record.

The issue is , there is an immigration and police system been use all over the world. Which interlink with the census figures. Do you think the north would agree with a true census. And become minority. Or do you think imo state would agree that Oyo state is at least 10 times more populated than them.

So you cant solve this, you cant solve anything. Nigeria would remain on the terror list unto we remove the yoruba, edo, delta and bayelsa state into benin republic.
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by aloyemeka2: 3:22am On Jan 27, 2010
Becomrrich:

Nothing would happen , Nigeria would remain on the terror list, the only way nigeria can  remove itself is to remove the yorubas , edo, delta and bayelsa state into Benin republic. or create Arewa republic. I am telling you the truth.

[size=16pt]I have lived here for decade. I know how the immigration system works. Look the USA govt would tell you, I have travel to several countries around the world, name the country, I have been there. And I am not ready to stop travelling around the world, because I have to beat my father record of over 70 countries around the world. I am not even halfway to his record.
[/size]

The issue is , there is an immigration and police system been use all over the world. Which interlink with the census figures. Do you think the north would agree with a true census. And become minority. Or do you think imo state would agree that Oyo state is at least 10 times more populated than them.

So you cant solve this, you cant solve anything.  Nigeria would remain on the terror list unto we remove the yoruba, edo, delta and bayelsa state into benin republic.

LWKMD grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by justfash50: 6:07am On Jan 27, 2010
Nigeria's problem has nothing to do with terrorism. But the major problem with Naija is corruption.

Honestly speaking, I don't see the wisdom in putting Nigeria on the terror list. I just pity innocent Nigerians who would be humilated and called terrorist abroad. The stigmatisation would increase.
Let's look at this issue logically. First and foremost, Muttallab is the first Nigerian to attempt suicide bombing. He became radicalised " outside the country" to be precise Great Britain. If the Americans and the British are serious, they should begin looking at the people they grant visas to. I won't be surprised to hear that there are some radicals in their countries. America should rather be pro active; they should not pass the buck.

The crisis in trhe North is akin to Rwanda geneocide but not as severe as that. That alone is not enuf to put Nigeria in the list.

You have said it all, that is why i pity the youth of nowadays who because of the corrupt GOVERNMENT we have now always wish evil to NIGERIA.

The Rwandan HUTSI AND TUTSI is a spot on .
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by kenuoyibo(m): 6:36am On Jan 27, 2010
Nigeria should be removed from that list but it wont stop extra attention on us by the airport authourities of various countries.
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by bio10: 8:19am On Jan 27, 2010
Personally I believe the inclusion of Nigeria on that list is political, The whole of a country cannot be punished for one man's offence, Did anyone notice that the reporter could not give a direct answer to the British shoe bomber's incident!
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by Amarui(m): 8:32am On Jan 27, 2010
As 4 me hv notin agaist nobody but all i desire is 4 nigeria to divided dat is were peace wil come .Dey use to say united we stand, divided we fall .but in nigeria wat am seein d more We unit d more we fal so let Ibo go thier own yaruba go thier own hausa go their own if that hapen dem peace wil day.
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by Afam(m): 8:42am On Jan 27, 2010
Becomrrich:

I have lived here for decade. I know how the immigration system works. Look the USA govt would tell you, I have travel to several countries around the world, name the country, I have been there. And I am not ready to stop travelling around the world, because I have to beat my father record of over 70 countries around the world. I am not even halfway to his record.

Trust him, the issue must have a link with maps.

70 countries? Na pilot abi na "mapist" hin be? Are the travels normal ones or mind travels?
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by tijehi(f): 8:49am On Jan 27, 2010
My name is Jane White, and this is Diplomatic channel reporting from the White House. The 'BIG' and 'little' global actors are about to mount the world stage to once again flex their hegemonic muscles( opps, sorry, was supposed to say the 'BIG' actors are about flexing their hegemonic muscles over the little fry). We hear that the chipmunks (oh sorry, the little actors) have been 'BEGGING' that their name be removed from a certain list that has become their 'BANE' of existence as a nation. Anyways, BABA SUPERPOWER are considering DELETING the chipmunks from the deadly list based on the fact that they (BABA SUPERPOWER) have some MIGHTY MIGHTY investments in the chipmunks nation, and will not want anything like destruction of investment properties or kidnapping of citizens to jeopardise their inflow of Foreign Direct Investment profit, thus the ISSUE OF THE SINS OF ONE MAN CANNOT BE VISITED ON 150 MILLION CHIPMUNKERS will be looked into. Thank you
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by Meldrick(m): 9:10am On Jan 27, 2010
They must have really thought of our oil before saying they want to review the list.

America!! Oh America. A self-righteous country
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by MrCrackles(m): 9:14am On Jan 27, 2010
Meldrick:

They must have really thought of our oil before saying they want to review the list.

America!! Oh America. A self-righteous country
I dont think so. . .
America will do anything to ward of terrorism in its own territory whilst protecting its own citizens. . .
Oil or no oil, if Nigeria pose a serious terror threat, they will screw Nigeria upside down
Having said that, i dont really think Nigeria pose a serious terror threat, hence the reason for the review. . .It was hastily concluded that Nigeria is a threat hence the review IMHO
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by zeedee(f): 9:19am On Jan 27, 2010
I've never been harassed at an airport and would appreciate if it stayed that way, so they better remove our name from that list a.s.a.p. cos I wanna travel soon.
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by Wrex(m): 9:26am On Jan 27, 2010
i don't care if nigeria is removed from the terror list or not.As far as i am concerned,the country has already decayed and everybody seem to be comfortable with it.
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by Afam(m): 9:37am On Jan 27, 2010
MrCrackles:

I dont think so. . .
America will do anything to ward of terrorism in its own territory whilst protecting its own citizens. . .
Oil or no oil, if Nigeria pose a serious terror threat, they will screw Nigeria upside down
Having said that, i dont really think Nigeria pose a serious terror threat, hence the reason for the review. . .It was hastily concluded that Nigeria is a threat hence the review IMHO

And why is Saudi Arabia's embassy in the US one of the most guarded embassy?

Why have they not turned Saudi Arabia upside down?

Why have they not turned Venezuela upside down?
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by ud4u: 10:06am On Jan 27, 2010
lets watch and see
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by beeke(m): 10:21am On Jan 27, 2010
In one of my comments i told u guys dat American as it stands now is a CONFUSED nation i always hate to love America as a country American foreign policies are always twisted to their own interest i have said it b4 and will say it again American are their own worst enemy dat so called LIST is a massive PROPAGANDA and Nigeria is already a FAILED state if we want peace in dat failed state let us do the right thing creat THE GREAT BIAFRA REPUBLIC the abokis [hausa] should remain with dat cursed name called Nigeria d ODUDUA REPUBLIC then d NIGER DELTA STATE then if the MIDDLE BELTANS cant join either d yorubas or the abokis then give then their own republic only then will we enjoy sustainable peace
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by tivotech: 10:36am On Jan 27, 2010
Though most people may say it is words of mouth, but i believe that nigeria is going to be the first country to experience the inclusion and removal from that terror list. Thanks is a nice job keep it up
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 27, 2010
"Good News" , "Fingers Crossed" , "Let us wait and see and not start jumping for joy yet" ,
Rubbish, Why do we let a stupid list drawn by th US bewilder our sence of judgement, up to the point that we put this Great Nation below or a mere subject to a fraustrated list that has little or no relevance.
The fact that some Nigerians jump for joy, keep their fingers crossed, etc, when ever the mic is turned on in the US is disturbing.

Nigerians should understand that we are who we are irrespective of what the US says and we must continue to walk and talk with high esteem, we should not submit our selves to be judged or evaluated by any stupid Government of any country, for Gods sake we are a Country too and a big one at that. sad shocked embarassed
Re: Good News: Us To Review Hasty Inclusion Of Nigeria To Terror Watch List by alldone(m): 12:01pm On Jan 27, 2010
it should be considered and they should removed us from the list.
the young man was misguided and those responsible for that action claim responsibility for it.

if we check the guy may even be an american citizen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of President Goodluck Jonathan Crying At Dana Plane Crash Site / If This Was Nigerian Police What Do You Think Will Happen (pics) / Obanikoro, Mimiko, Adams Fail To Deliver Wards To Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.