Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,863 members, 7,872,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:42 AM

How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys (32029 Views)

Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? / Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing / Why I Dumped Nigerian Guys For Masturbation And Vibrator - Lady (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by chingle5(m): 12:03pm On Jun 27, 2017
SoldierBoy1:
guy no be only you oo... Me sef na all boys for my house... For sec school sef I been dey same class with my female cousin wey na just 2 days I use old pass am and we no dey talk shit we still dey same uni. Na Still same thing.... Imagine from class to hostel to bar everyday

Omo ur own don done grin grin cheesy
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by tonyflash43(m): 12:03pm On Jun 27, 2017
[quote author=blingxx post=57880218]

guess we are on the same page ... I'm an introvert but a funny person but when it comes to girls I couldn't think of anything funny or interesting undecided [/quote

bros so u are my twin, hv been looking for u ooo
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by Fkforyou(m): 12:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
There is no perfect way/steps to approach a girl.

Most time why guys get it wrong is because;

1.They over think.

2.They don't try to regain at least 70-90% control over themselves. ( Yes, there would always be some level of nervousness when meeting a girl for the first time)

3.They don't try be calm when talking to the girl, they just want to quickly speak up what they crammed in their head.

4.When meeting a girl, they are always too conscious of the fact that they speaking to a girl. Relax, just talk to her (strike a conversation) the way you would talk to a guy you are meeting the first time, it would remove all the sexual tension.

5. Lastly, you could try meeting girls online first to build a little bit of confidence, then you can request to meet her in person, by then, you won't be too scared because you are already comfortable with her. Before you know it, you would be good at being comfortable around girls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by WaleOsu(m): 12:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
Tamarapetty:
kinda like shy guys..lol
I'm shy grin
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by Cullinane: 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
y3mi:
Wizklynd23 according to your OP - you need guidance on how to get engaged in a 'serious relationship' but your explanation appears to defeat your supposed intention as it presents us with two problems; one is your inability (not failure) to break the ice with a babe and the other presumably is how to further the relationship away from the default friend-zone to whatever kind of relationship it is you desire, be it a long term serious one or as-the-vibe-last romantic one, neither of which would be possible if you can't manage to establish yourself on her first.

Each time you try to approach some babe you feel attracted to and your heart skips, know this...what you're experiencing isn't peculiar to you alone, every male goes through that phase which only last for as long as that male keep failing to overcome it. All you need do first of all is to calm the heck down by killing your nervousness, make your advance on her without accosting her and begin politely with a greeting but however...

[1] NEVER make the mistake of rehearsing some composed speech because you might goof, instead be spontaneous i.e. be natural. Once you've gotten her into a flowing conversation then you can interrupt it just to introduce yourself...

YOU: "oh, by the way I am Wilson but my pals like to call me Wizklynd, what's your name ?"
HER: "I am Chizoba"
YOU: "That's a nice name, I wonder what it means"
or
YOU: "Chizoba, cool name, a fine girl like you should have a nickname"
HER: "No, I don't think I have any"
YOU: "Well, you wouldn't mind me giving you one, how about Alobam"
HER: *laughing* "you're very funny" or *she grins and says* "You're not serious"

[2] NEVER attempt to make any impression if your confidence can't be found otherwise you may appear pathetic, this is because your state-of-mind still finds her presence intimidating, instead be creative i.e. free style on any topic just to get her attention. You should strike an impression on her ONLY if whatever allures you in her can be reflected (based on your personality) rather than being absorbed which causes inexperienced youngsters to act silly.

and finally, which is the most important (due to our society)...

[3] NEVER in a bid to sweep her foot, be too eager to reveal whatever qualities you know you possess (if you actually do have) qualities can range from being rich, or being popular among certain circle, or being a genius, or being multi-talented or multi-lingual, or already self-made simply because there is no way of knowing for instance whether she's a pretentious gold-digging skank who would continue to act in ways that will keep bleeding you financially, all because at the onset you kept presenting yourself as a money-isn't-the-problem kinda guy except that's the kind of parasitic relationship you want in return for whatever it is she satisfies you with. Like wise the same hint applies to other kinds of babe, for instance, say you're seeking for a homely, bookworm kinda babe, you still shouldn't act in a manner that indicate you're overreaching in a bid to win her over fast, it usually tend to boomerang. Trust me.

Nuff said for now.

Wish you all faltering guys good luck.

You have QueenSuccubus to thank not me.
Doesn't work on Nigerian ladies. All they care about is MONEY! MONEY!! MONEY!!!. When there is money, they don't know what shyness means.
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by Max24: 12:16pm On Jun 27, 2017
kinibigdeal:

So Fuckery is part of social education abi

Did d guy talk of fuckery ? If it is simply sex he is interested in he does not need boldness for that. With #500 he will have access to short-time. olosho does not care about ur shyness. So d guy is asking ng sensible question.

2 Likes

Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by Pedrogold(m): 12:17pm On Jun 27, 2017
Ezionye:

Even if ur nt approaching a random girl, u still need confidence to talk to one u know already. Not true?

True! That's so true,but it's easier in this case. Even if i don't talk to her about it, she'd tell from my actions and words towards her.
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by exclusive7(m): 12:18pm On Jun 27, 2017
Tamarapetty:
kinda like shy guys..lol
Awww...looks like mi baby sister, mi likey tamara
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by ogbiwa: 12:23pm On Jun 27, 2017
telim:
Op is funny sha but toasting a girl especially Naija girls simple now. It goes like this

Op : Oh baby you are looking Tom Tom

Naija girl: smilz and says thank you

Op: Have being sending you signal for few days now but you ain't decoding my signal is anything wrong with your decoder?

Naija babe: I only demodulate higher frequency signals, seems you might need more transmitting power dear.

Op : Since you ain't demodulating my signal due to frequency issue all am trying to transmit is 'I love you talk your own"

Use this lines and thank me later..

We obviously now know where you meet your kind of girls. Spoiler: at some level some girls will so ignore you with these lines you'll be forced to upgrade. But keep playing at this level bro, when you get to that level you'll know. Nobody will tell you. Looking Tom Tom indeed. grin
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by Ncsamuel(m): 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2017
Tamarapetty:
kinda like shy guys..lol
and am a shy guy o, what about we hook up sometime?
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
kosire:

I dey ma house......
U can't use my head for ritual......
I dey with Mr.President...

Is this really you trying to be funny?

Oh gheeZ....
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by chingle5(m): 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2017
ennyhola:

Is this really you trying to be funny?

Oh gheeZ....

Shittttttt diz bad
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2017
never knew that shy (sissy) guys are this "plenticious" in nairaland
chei!!! Our future leaders
#SPITS and leaves thread
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by omaigala12(m): 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2017
Dopeyomi:
Am shy toO..

This is my story...

Each time i want to have a conversation with a lady my hearts beats like an electric drumset at times my voice will be shaking like a lady twerking..

I met a girl in year 1 i manage to ask her out and we started dating few months d relationship ended the bae was like can't i see the way my male friends Normally play with her she was like when walking together i don't hold her arms etc.. that wan cut there.. because i was shy..

Met another one again this wan ehn whenever she's with me in the room I'll just be dumbfounded coz i dunno what to say.. and it is this girl that will always initiate the actions in the room first..

i dunno if i can get over this 'shyness' of a thing..

But i do relate well with females online..

Cc: Queenbetsy
Helenbee
Bros your case is different
Shey u d even reach d state wey una don start d date
If I reach dat stage e don finish
No bi to hold her hand? I fit even kiss her for road sef
But aw to straight the runs na em b issue
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 27, 2017
*NOTE*

It seems I've had all the fun while growing...I grew up among gals (1 blood sister,like 2-3aunties living with us..and MOST of my friends then were gals..? Talking about Age 1-12yrs
_
But right now...I do not see having ladies in your life as a trophy or a must because it is no Biggie to me...and the stress involve..when you've to be romantic against your will..it looks boring to me!
_
So right now...I'm single..not searching..never thought of Talking to any gal sef.

But once in a while........ the demon in me do surface..and I go Flirting Spree,right from the bustop,to the bus,tp the lady sitting beside me,to all the random gals I met on.my way..to the ladies sitting beside me In the lecture hall...I can flirt with as much as 30gals..but after that Moment...that's all

I won't even greet the gals I was acting all loving with yesterday

But one goddamn thing will surely give you CONFIDENCE!!!! that's your ACCOUNT BALANCE!

Since the inception of this year..I am always Smiling and feeling like Dangote because the few thousands I am having is mine and gotten from.my hard-work and not YAHOO YAHOO... imagine the self esteem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by Dopeyomi(m): 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2017
SoldierBoy1:
guy no be only you oo... Me sef na all boys for my house... For sec school sef I been dey same class with my female cousin wey na just 2 days I use old pass am and we no dey talk shit we still dey same uni. Na Still same thing.... Imagine from class to hostel to bar everyday...my friends too no come dey help na were those boys be they no dey follow girls smile sef talkless of speaking to them and na them come perverse pass... Na to dey visit olosho steadily

your own case dey easy na.. my roommates dem be Pastor/SU imagine none of them have Gf! and na me still dey street pass.. dem no help at all..
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by kayjee101: 12:52pm On Jun 27, 2017
embarassed
so many girls i have loved, non have i been able to approach. All i do is forkin kill the feeling...even the ones i am sure feel the same way for me, i kill it too; after spending years carrying a torch for the person. Fork me. I hate my self, i give up easily.
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by Dopeyomi(m): 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2017
omaigala12:

Bros your case is different
Shey u d even reach d state wey una don start d date
If I reach dat stage e don finish
No bi to hold her hand? I fit even kiss her for road sef
But aw to straight the runs na em b issue

baba before the date click na hell o.. but dem dey always fall for me probably because of I'm popular and a bit good in class..
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by wintersnow(m): 1:01pm On Jun 27, 2017
Tamarapetty:
kinda like shy guys..lol

Baby that's sooooo me o...I can't even make eye contact with a gurl grin

1 Like

Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by SoldierBoy1(m): 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2017
chingle5:

Omo ur own don done grin grin cheesy
Guy na to make money so money go do the talking dey my mind now
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by gmercy713: 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2017
grin grin grin
refreshrate:
Take two shots of alomo

Your swagger, vocabulary and everything else go stand gidigba

Walk up to the babe and say "baby, my name is Wilson but my friends call me wizkid, you however can call me sweetie"

Thunder fire timidity
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
Either you like it or not, the adamic sin is the root of our problems with God. His mercy as the only solution to our problem with Him. For clearer explanation, consider the following reports that are brought out from the Bible.
(A) THE FALL OF MAN: Adam and Eve sinned against God (Genesis 7:22). This means, from one man ( sinful Adam ) the whole world inherited sin.
(B) A CRY FOR REDEMPTION: Adam and Eve asked God for "forgiveness and mercy".
(C) GOD'S MERCY REVEALED: God offered the free gift of a "holy son" Jesus as mercy for all man's sake ( John 3:16 ). This means from another man ( sinless man) the whole world received "mercy" and "forgiveness".
(D) The Bible confirmed in John 3:18 that "there is condemnation and punishment for those who fail to believe in Him" ( not just the way you see Him as one of the prophets of God. But as one that was offered as "mercy" directly from God ) for the forgiveness of your sin. The truth i have disclosed here goes beyond religion and philosophy. It is the truth and fact.
If you have been touched and you want to give your life to Christ say this confessional prayer below
CONFESSIONAL PRAYER
Dear Jesus, I come to you with all the sins I've committed and I beg you forgive me. I confess that I am a sinner and that I cannot save myself. Please clean my body, soul and spirit with your precious blood. In Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.

1 Like

Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by SoldierBoy1(m): 1:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
Dopeyomi:

your own case dey easy na.. my roommates dem be Pastor/SU imagine none of them have Gf! and na me still dey street pass.. dem no help at all..
Guy laugh won burst my stomach as I read this thing...eyah this life no dey fair at all
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by Dopeyomi(m): 1:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
SoldierBoy1:
Guy laugh won burst my stomach as I read this thing...eyah this life no dey fair at all

For three good Semesters i was single..
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 27, 2017
Tamarapetty:
kinda like shy guys..lol
I am glad to be one
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by whallheY(m): 1:19pm On Jun 27, 2017
Dopeyomi:
Am shy toO..

This is my story...

Each time i want to have a conversation with a lady my hearts beats like an electric drumset at times my voice will be shaking like a lady twerking..

I met a girl in year 1 i manage to ask her out and we started dating few months d relationship ended the bae was like can't i see the way my male friends Normally play with her she was like when walking together i don't hold her arms etc.. that wan cut there.. because i was shy..

Met another one again this wan ehn whenever she's with me in the room I'll just be dumbfounded coz i dunno what to say.. and it is this girl that will always initiate the actions in the room first..

i dunno if i can get over this 'shyness' of a thing..

But i do relate well with females online..

Cc: Queenbetsy
Helenbee
my brother you need prayer. Come and meet me on the mountain let me deliver you, when coming, try come with a bottle of schinnap and palm oil, blackfish and 30k cheesy cheesy
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by agrovick(m): 1:20pm On Jun 27, 2017
One thing that has always worked for me is not taking the approach serious, just goof around say something no matter how foolish it might sound; you will both laugh about it.

The occasions when I take the approach serious is when I flop.

And never forget the 3 seconds rule, once you exceed it you are most likely not gonna talk with the girl.
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 27, 2017
telim:
Op is funny sha but toasting a girl especially Naija girls simple now. It goes like this

Op : Oh baby you are looking Tom Tom

Naija girl: smilz and says thank you

Op: Have being sending you signal for few days now but you ain't decoding my signal is anything wrong with your decoder?

Naija babe: I only demodulate higher frequency signals, seems you might need more transmitting power dear.

Op : Since you ain't demodulating my signal due to frequency issue all am trying to transmit is 'I love you talk your own"

Use this lines and thank me later..
You are insane.
NB;Pls don't take it as a insult
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by Dopeyomi(m): 1:24pm On Jun 27, 2017
whallheY:
my brother you need prayer. Come and meet me on the mountain let me deliver you, when coming, try come with a bottle of schinnap and palm oil, blackfish and 30k cheesy cheesy

Should i add ojuelegba w33d and 1 crate of Goldberg?
for the 30k this is it kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk in case that 30k is not enough lemme add extra kkkkk lemme give u here coz its risky to go on the road with that amount..
Re: How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys by QueenBeeHive(f): 1:26pm On Jun 27, 2017
Tamarapetty:
Kinda like lol

Catfish why are U using my friend's picture?
she's coming for u cat-F fakey.
U getting traced and sued

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Signs Your V Agina Is In Serious Danger (red Alert) / Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? / Pre Wedding Pictures Of A Nairalander, Filterpaper234

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.