Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,681 members, 7,945,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 11:03 AM

Chriatians And Muslims, Isnt Blasphemy A Victimless Crime? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chriatians And Muslims, Isnt Blasphemy A Victimless Crime? (621 Views)

Not A Victimless Crime (tithes And Offerings: Then And Now) / Victimless Crimes, Yay or Nay / Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chriatians And Muslims, Isnt Blasphemy A Victimless Crime? by g1(m): 11:21am On Jan 27, 2010
Hello to all nairalanders,

i have always seen blasphemy as a ridiculous thing, why do people feel the need to react or get angry for their god,

for example  a christian feels he can tell an ex christian who is  an atheist that the bible says in Psalm 14:1 - "the fool has said in his heart there is no god" but if the atheist replies saying : "the fool has said in his heart that there is a god" then the christian will get all red faced and scream blasphemy, my question is why do u feel you have the right to dish it and not take it?

same for the muslims, a muslim can tell an ex muslim who is an atheist that the quran says in 2:23 - "And if ye are in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto Our slave (Muhammad), then produce a surah of the like thereof, and call your witness beside Allah if ye are truthful" but if i as an exmuslim replies that:," i can produce something as good as the quran but who will be the judge? will allah come and judge?, then a muslim will get all red faced and scream blasphemy, my question still remains why do have a right to dish it and not take it?

i will post this topic here and in the muslim section so that i can get enough response from both sides
Re: Chriatians And Muslims, Isnt Blasphemy A Victimless Crime? by mazaje(m): 4:39pm On Jan 27, 2010
They are not used to having their pet beliefs questioned. . . . .Of course both the bible and the koran always demonizes anyone that doesn't believe them, it is a tactic related to dehumanization whenever you need to denegrate a target. The bible and the koran for example, calls anyone that does not believe their hypothesis - a liar, evil, the enemy, anti-christ, fools, pigs, dogs, beasts, and perverts. It is not confident enough to allow the outgroup that do not believe to exist unmolested, hence the need to reinforce the ingroup mentality with what is typically used by hate groups as a form of propaganda. It is simply sad that both the bible and the koran do this and the adherents of both religions that believe this books are sacred engage in it themselves towards others in place of any discussion.

It's really that most people are so desperate to hang on to their own superstitions and the superstition of others that they excuse the dangerous unfounded beliefs of others and make it a virtue. Let's give religion the same level of scrutiny we would give a government, corporation or other human related feilds of knowledge or work. I think the fact that we don't is evidence that we don't actually take it seriously people just want to preserve the idea of it.
Re: Chriatians And Muslims, Isnt Blasphemy A Victimless Crime? by g1(m): 5:10pm On Jan 27, 2010
@mazaje, thanks for your reply, is there away we can get in touch?
Re: Chriatians And Muslims, Isnt Blasphemy A Victimless Crime? by mazaje(m): 5:15pm On Jan 27, 2010
I will be in naija by next month we can meet up if you want. . . . .
Re: Chriatians And Muslims, Isnt Blasphemy A Victimless Crime? by g1(m): 5:21pm On Jan 27, 2010
mazaje:

I will be in naija by next month we can meet up if you want. . . . .

that will be cool, send me an email through the email address on my profile, so that so that we can exchange numbers
Re: Chriatians And Muslims, Isnt Blasphemy A Victimless Crime? by mazaje(m): 5:24pm On Jan 27, 2010
I will do that once I get to Naija. . . .Hope to meet you. . . .

(1) (Reply)

Lady 234 Profile Is Now Tlfacts / If Pastors Must Do Business, They Must Stop Collecting Tithe / Powerful And Effective Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.