Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,015 members, 7,890,349 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:48 PM

Dear Nigerian Youth: Why You Are Not Yet Leaders Of Tomorrow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Nigerian Youth: Why You Are Not Yet Leaders Of Tomorrow (485 Views)

Tukur Buratai Leads Morning Exercise With Troops Ahead Of Tomorrow Election (pic / As A Youth; Why I Want Buhari To Remain Nigerian President / As A Youth Why I Want Buhari To Remain President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Nigerian Youth: Why You Are Not Yet Leaders Of Tomorrow by aylipple: 7:19pm On Jun 27, 2017
Dear Nigerian youth,

It's with mixed feelings I write this letter to you yet, I hope it meets you well? How have you been? Hope life is treating you well and you too have been fair to your fellow (wo)man?

I'm​ aware the economy isn't living up to your expectations and don't even get me started on the lack of gainful employment however, when the few job opportunities came knocking on your door, how prepared were you to meet them? Who preparation epp abi?

Dear Nigerian youth, if you recall not too​ long at the beginning of this missive I did mention that I'd mixed feelings writing to you; I was happy and sad at the same time. You may wonder "how can anyone be happy and at the same time sad?"

In life, you'll come to discover - if you haven't already - that there are some situations you find yourself that invoke feelings of happiness in you while others will stir feelings of sadness, emptiness even.

Since you were born and came to knowledge of right and wrong you must've heard that you're the leader of tomorrow yet that future seems to have eluded you - sort of an illusion. While it could still become reality, I am sad to point out that your actions or inactions may've contributed towards making that future - where you're a leader - far from you.

Dear Nigerian youth, I've observed with keen interest your evolvement over the years and I can say with certainty that you're indeed a rare breed, who inspite of the challenges that surround you like an army of ants around a drop of honey, you've displayed uncommon resilience and often, like the Phoenix, you've risen from the ash of your unfavorable conditions. For that and more, I salute and celebrate you.

Your hard work, innovative ideas, honesty, belief in God, patriotism to your country and resourcefulness have made you a force to be reckoned with the world over. Among your equals, you stand out like a constellation of stars; little wonder you've become a point of reference to the spirit of Black; a race destined for greatness inspite of the many obstacles.

However, among you Nigerian youth, are a few bad eggs who have embraced a life of wastefulness, dishonesty, pride, living on the fast lane, greed and laziness. These few have made it their life's work to bring shame to you dear Nigerian youth but shall you allow them?

Often times I sit and ponder, how did you become the poster boy for internet fraud popularly called 'yahoo-yahoo?' how did you become so lazy that you're now rated one of the leading originators/participants of Ponzi schemes in the world?

Once upon a time you stood for nothing but hardwork, dignity in labour and reward for honest service but these days you're now in the forefront of kidnapping, armed robbery, militancy, ritualism, political thuggery and other such vices too numerous to mention.

How did you get to this point dear Nigerian youth? If you claim that your country failed you and broke its promises of a better life for you, is that enough reason for you to fail yourself?

You cannot be a leader of tomorrow if you spend a larger part of your today abusing drugs, whiling away valuable time in sports betting shops, drinking joints, 'investing' the little you have on ponzis and expecting to get rich overnight without lifting a finger or even in religious houses expecting a miracle because "Faith without works is dead".

Why don't you wake up dear Nigerian youth! You've slumbered for far too long and are lagging behind your peers who virtually every day, are breaking new grounds. While you've done greatly for yourself within a short time and with little or no help, I daresay to you that more work is needed to be done.

The world is waiting to hear your breakthroughs in Science, Technology, Health and even politics. Who says you cannot achieve greatness; that your environment (Nigeria) isn't a fertile soil for your next-generation ideas to grown and blossom? Who says the challenges you face today cannot become your stepping stone to greatness tomorrow? You just have to put your thinking cap back on your head and think outside the box.

If Mark Zuckerberg can make it, why can't you? If Usain Bolt can make it, who says you can't? If Emmanuel Macron or Justin Trudeau can make it, what stops you from making it? If Chimamanda Adichie can be successful, why can't you?

Dear Nigerian youth, you've no excuse really to not succeed. The only thing holding you back is you - you can only achieve as much as your faith can muster.

Step out of the shadows today, free yourself of the chain of procrastination and find something for your hands to do no matter how small. Remember that the journey of a thousand miles begins with a step.

I hope to talk to you soon again dear Nigerian youth. Thanks for taking the time to read my letter.

Yours Sincerely,
Concerned Nigerian youth

http://www.npbs.gov.ng/landing/index.php/100-home-page/politics/190-dear-nigerian-youth-why-you-re-not-yet-leaders-of-tomorrow
Re: Dear Nigerian Youth: Why You Are Not Yet Leaders Of Tomorrow by naijagobetter(m): 7:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
masterpiece! We do we go from here?
Re: Dear Nigerian Youth: Why You Are Not Yet Leaders Of Tomorrow by REDshouse(m): 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
Our daddy is still alive and the will to take over the leadership is with a lawyer who is on a sick bed at faraway London..
Re: Dear Nigerian Youth: Why You Are Not Yet Leaders Of Tomorrow by bossmayor3(m): 8:45pm On Jun 27, 2017
Nice one brother, I fill the message. But I dis agree over some especially that of ponzi scheme, because if you carefully sit down and thank about how it works you will see reason's why is a welcome development, na if you look at things in Nigeria right na 80 percent of people are not longer saving for their future order than to eat, you work harder you get lesser pay so is only Nigeria will fill that you must work like jackey befor you can get any thing, which is not suppose to be so. Are we na saying western word who used to pay their Citizens supporting cash for their up keep are na foolish or their citizen want to get rich quick, so many issues have diverstated a lot of our youth, Considered the fact that no lite, that alone make alots of them run to bett shops to hang and charge their phones.@#bros abeg the wahala pass the youth na..
Re: Dear Nigerian Youth: Why You Are Not Yet Leaders Of Tomorrow by bossmayor3(m): 8:46pm On Jun 27, 2017
Nice one brother, I fill the message. But I dis agree over some especially that of ponzi scheme, because if you carefully sit down and thank about how it works you will see reason's why is a welcome development, na if you look at things in Nigeria right na 80 percent of people are not longer saving for their future order than to eat, you work harder you get lesser pay so is only Nigeria will fill that you must work like jackey befor you can get any thing, which is not suppose to be so. Are we na saying western word who used to pay their Citizens supporting cash for their up keep are na foolish or their citizen want to get rich quick, so many issues have diverstated a lot of our youth, Considered the fact that no lite, that alone make alots of them run to bett shops to hang and charge their phones.@#bros abeg the wahala pass the youth na.

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola,akinwusi Trade Accusation Over Alleged Sale Of Osun State Asset / NAIJA NEWSPAPERS: Today's The Punch Newspaper Headlines [29 June, 2017]. / Ohanaeze, IYC, Okorocha, Others Knock Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.