Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,103 members, 7,890,651 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:39 PM

London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties (4743 Views)

London Court Registers N99 Billion Judgment Against Nigerian Military / EFCC Freezes Father Mbaka's Accounts - Daily Independent / Ibori Pleads Guilty To Money Laundering Charges In London Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by boyt1: 1:04am On Jan 29, 2010
We don't have role models in this country. Nobody to trust any more; Politicians, Bankers, Professors & Lectures, civil servants, police, private and public Executives of companies and corporations endless list, i wonder how foreign expatriates can do genuine business in 9jaa. Poor children of this Zig- Zag nation. no hope, no future, Leaders are all thieves. The highest corruption: disappearance of Mr. President without any reasons to the citizens, still FEC declares him capable of ruling. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by twinskenny(m): 7:51am On Jan 29, 2010
in this country, everyone is doing what he likes
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by nethacker(m): 8:48am On Jan 29, 2010
boy t:

We don't have role models in this country. Nobody to trust any more; Politicians, Bankers, Professors & Lectures, civil servants, police, private and public Executives of companies and corporations endless list, i wonder how foreign expatriates can do genuine business in 9jaa. Poor children of this Zig- Zag nation. no hope, no future, Leaders are all thieves. The highest corruption: disappearance of Mr. President without any reasons to the citizens, still FEC declares him capable of ruling. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
sorry oo my brother, : @ d bolded,who is FEC.to u FEC is Federal Executive Council ryt? but with d situation of things n 2 me, FEC is Foolish Executive Cowards .they r all bastards angry angry
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by deliverus: 8:59am On Jan 29, 2010
THE EVIL THAT MEN DO NOT ONLY LIVES AFTER THEM BUT THIS TIME LIVES WITH THEM  angry angry angry

WHAT A WAY TO END A FABULOUS CAREER  sad sad sad

SOME PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD FORGET THAT WHEN THEY DIE, THEIR STOLEN MONEY WILL NOT FOLLOW THEM TO THE NEXT LIFE  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

SOME PEOPLE WHERE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE WEALTHY SO THEY COULD HELP OTHERS BUT WHILE HELPING OTHERS LIKE ME AND YOU THEY DECIDED TO BE  cheesy cheesy RAVENOUS  cheesy cheesy BY EATING MORE WITH ANGER  angry angry angry

LORD HELP ME TO BE COMFORTABLE SO I COULD HELP OTHERS AND ALSO HELP ME NOT TO BE GREEDY OR DERAIL FROM YOUR SIGHT, AMEN. THATS MY PRAYER FOR EVERY GOOD CITIZENS OF NIGERIA.
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by Ikhilor(m): 9:13am On Jan 29, 2010
The federal Govt should seek ways to sell those properties and the proceeds repatriated to  help pay back the depositors of the banks who,ve lost a lot of money.The Nigerian Govt must do this, as, not acting  will open the way for the criminal British establishment to sit on these funds "as has always been the case"  and confiscate it.This money can be repatriated and put to good use here in Nigeria and should not be left to the supporters of looting,stealing,thievery on the African continent.This is indeed sick. At a time when other people are seeking ways to raise their countries and people, some in Nigeria are busy digging deep into thievery and madness all with the support of the established supporters of crime and thievery in Africa (UK,EUROPE,USA).
They already knew these monies we,re stolen , but still went ahead and let it into their country,this tell,s us how hypo critic and wicked these Europeans can be.The money should be repatriated with immediate effect. angry
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by richjohn1(m): 11:16am On Jan 29, 2010
Where's daddy GO[/b]at (Pastor AdeB[b]OLE) COME SAVE YOUR PIKIN O grin grin grin grin Afterall when he was sponsoring programs you enjoy the money 2geda! I so glad this happening to Erastus
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by Talknado1: 11:46am On Jan 29, 2010
[table][s][tr]Where's daddy GOat (Pastor AdeBOLE) COME SAVE YOUR PIKIN O Grin Grin Grin Grin Afterall when he was sponsoring programs you enjoy the money 2geda! I so glad this happening to Erastus

we should mind what we say, if not
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by otukpo(f): 1:49pm On Jan 29, 2010
Good for him
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2010
[color=#000099][/color] grin grin Na waooo 4 dis our 9ja people ooh! Any wey become oga or sit 4 up go become Expensive Thief, Haba! Haba!! We're not safe in this country 9ja oh.
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by sopey: 5:56pm On Jan 29, 2010
where wl all the trillions go 2 @ the end of d day?pls let efcc/govt. give 2 d needy.i mean those wit geniune biz proposals. idaigbon made a single mistake by voicing out.it's not too late 2 execute. my fellow nairalanders,let's list out d names of ppl who deserve 2 die!!!!!!
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by deoyel25(m): 6:51pm On Jan 29, 2010
At least he was given access to N1.4 million per month. Do you know that some people live on that same amount for 4 years? Here is a simple maths to prove that. Somebody earning 28k per month will make N1.4 million after 50 months, which is arrowinately 4 years 2 months. What about somebody earning 14k? It means the person will make 1.4 million after 100 months, which is approximately 8 years 4 months. Do you know some people earn less than 14k in a month?
Here is my conclusion. Since some people can survive on 1.4 million for ten years, they are still fair enough to allow him access to 1.4 million per month. grin grin grin
@Akingbola, dont worry. You will also survive. grin grin grin
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by vislabraye(m): 10:00pm On Jan 29, 2010
Lets look at thi anology:

There are two thieves; one of them stole 5naira, the other 10 naira. Unfortunately, the one who stole 5 naira was caught while the one who stole 10 naira was not charge at all. The 5 naira thief became indignant because the bigger thief was not charged, and he starts complaining.
Thats exactly what is happening with Akingbola. I hear people saying Northern Agenda. So should Akingbola be acquitted?

If all what EFCC is saying is the truth, then let them conclude the matter. The populace have the right to know the magnitude of the crime committed by these bank felons thats why the press should be used. I wont justify the acts of these bankers even though there are other criminals yet to be caught,
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by thameamead(f): 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2010
I can bet on my life dat the British Government will not hand over a penny to the Nigerian Government neither would the banks hand over the millions to the Nigerian Government, ole gbe, ole gba, LOL
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by rafcrown(m): 4:36pm On Jan 30, 2010
There are millions of Nigerians living in the UK /eu
Majority of us are here for economic reasons
Uk is not allowing many foreigners to come in now
They will even be happy if we start returning home en masse

SUGGESTIONS
THE LOOTS FROM NIGERIA BY TOP BANKERS AND BANKERS
MAY BE USED TO FUND OUR TRIP BACK HOME]
I MEAN
GIVE ME REASONABLE AMOUNT OF MONEY
A WEEK LATER I WILL SAY BYE BYE TO THE UK
THIS MONEY SHOULD BE FROM STOLEN WEALTH FROM
NIGERIA]

EXAMPLE FROM AKINGBOLAS         TAKE  £1MILLION SHARE IT AMONG 10 NIGERIANS
TAKE FROM OTHERS                SHARE AMONG 20 NIGERIANS

EMPLOYMENT WILL BE CREATED,UK WILL BE FREE AND ENGLISH PEOPLE WILL STOP
COMPLAINING ABOUT PRESSURE ON NHS,CROWDED PUBLIC TRANSPORT ETC
STOLEN MONEY WILL GET BACK TO ORIGINAL SOURCES ETC
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by lannre(m): 4:43pm On Jan 30, 2010
London Court my foot ! where are they when he is acquiring. Who is owning the property on the long run
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by edoyad(m): 5:27pm On Jan 30, 2010
@rafcrown you're a brown rat. Money stolen from poor unemployed Nigerians to fund your relocation back home. If you like don't go to sherwood and cut some trees to build yourself a raft for your trip.
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by rafcrown(m): 7:46pm On Jan 31, 2010
@edoyad
I am glad you are based in the North and may be you are a Northern
I wish to tell you that The woes and cries in Nigeria are caused by
ill trained ,dull, unintelligent ,stark illiterates ,people in your area
They are the former NPN now PDP people
They have nothing to offer the people than to loot and loot and loot
To maladminister the nation and cling to power even if they are dying
No other main business than power politics and petroleum in a desert
Majority of us wont be abroad if the people in your geographical area allow intelligent people to rule
For your information i have no intention of coming to that country as long as your people are still there ruining Nigeria.
You failed to reason and see the main suggestion in my piece just like your people are deaf to advice and proper reasoning.

Waiting to read from you
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by mastalee(m): 5:40pm On Feb 01, 2010
Some times, I actually feel sorry
for these guys.

Well, they deserve all the punishment
they are getting
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by rafcrown(m): 5:54pm On Feb 01, 2010
THE MONEY IS OUR MONEY
THE MONEY IS FROM ALL CATEGORIES OF NIGERIANS -NOT ONLY, BUT INCLUDING
THE UNEMPLOYED, SICK, POOR,POORLY PAID WORKERS ,TRADERS,STUDENTS ETC
IF THEY COLLECT THE STOLEN WEALTH FROM THEM IN THE UK
AND SEND IT BACK TO THOSE PEOPLE PRESENTLY RUINING,I MEAN RULING NIGERIA
THEY WILL STEAL IT AGAIN,NO TRANSPARENCY,NO REAL ELECTIONS,NO REAL POLITICIANS
THE MONEY SHOULD BE CLEVERLY USED TO REACH THE OPPRESSED AND HUNGRY NIGERIANS
I AM STILL GOING TO PRESENT THIS ISSUE TO ALL MPS IN THE UK AND OTHER VIPS
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
STOLEN MONEY BROUGHT TO UK AND RECOVERED MUST BE USED HOW THEY SHOULD HAVE USED THE MONEY -HEALTH
JOBS,EDUCATION,ROADS,CRIME PREVENTION ETC
MAY GOD HELP NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS AND GOD PUNISH ALL PEN ROBBERS AND AGENTS OF THE BARAOS
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by Zodiac61(m): 11:47pm On Feb 01, 2010
Talk na do:

[table][s][tr]Where's daddy GOat (Pastor AdeBOLE) COME SAVE YOUR PIKIN O Grin Grin Grin Grin Afterall when he was sponsoring programs you enjoy the money 2geda! I so glad this happening to Erastus

we should mind what we say, if not
What will happen? If the GO accepted stolen money from Akingbola, what does it make him? A thief. What is the problem with speaking the truth? Or is it that we cannot criticise Adeboye because he is a clergyman? Our country is backward because these thieving and greedy pastors seem to be above criticism. They want a private jet, a member of the congregation gets them one, no questions asked.
In any other profession, people would questions about the source of such wealth. Not the fundamental pentecostal churches we have in Nigeria.
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by gbengress1: 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2010
God save us 4rm all our corrupt leaders
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by gbengress1: 12:45pm On Feb 02, 2010
God save us 4rm all our corrupt leaders
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by Mamajama(m): 7:54pm On Feb 02, 2010
There is no credibility to the story.
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by 1Emmy: 6:22pm On Feb 03, 2010
One thing keeps bothering me, does it mean that there is no corrupt northerner, so there are all righteous. Judging from record, I believe they are more dangerous than other nigerians. How come non has been caught stealing or looting? Na waa for discrimination.
Re: London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties by LSU: 10:32am On Feb 06, 2010
I weep when I read some of these negative analysis of Soludo's sojourn at CBN. I weep because the level attained by our banking industry during that era will continue to elude us for years if not decades to come. Nigeria does not know what she lost by removing Soludo from that seat. I was a banker for years and I know first hand what happened. I do not claim that the bank MDs are saints, but they are not worse than bankers in the USA, UK or China. Banking is a sector that is akin to politics in that no matter what regulators do, they cannot eliminate corruption from it (I'm sure you've heard stories about the distasteful actions of the CBN appointed MDs). Even in ordinary times, you do not implement reforms in such a sensitive sector the way Sanusi is going about it. Not to talk of this period of global economic meltdown. Soludo was carrying out reforms quietly before he was let go. There's what you call information management, we all knew Spring and Wema banks had serious issues but Soludo would not come out and say it, because that will cause panick withdrawal and worsen the situation.

All I want you to know is that what Sanusi is doing is a personal vendetta against those bank MDs. I don't want to go into the personal issues he had with them. If its not personal then why did he leave Tony Elumelu and Jim Ovia. Do you really believe Akingbola or Cecelia Ibru is more corrupt than Tony Elumelu or Jim Ovia. To hold such a belief will be the height of naivety. The reason Nigerians are supporting Sanusi is because people are suffering and all suffering people all over the world have a natural contempt for capitalists. If you doubt what I'm saying you can ask any manufacturer, entrepreneur or banker in nigeria today and he will tell you that all foreign lines of credit have dried up. Ordinarily when you perform reforms its supposed to boost confidence in your economy but the reverse is the case for our present reforms. This is because the international community knows that Sanusi's reforms are suspect. The papers today are replete with stories of Sanusi trying to soft pedal on the reforms, I chuckle each time i read those pieces because I told people from the beginning that he doesn't know what he is doing.

He has injected hundreds of billions of Naira into the banking industry and things are just getting worse not better. He doesn't have a clue of what next to do. Sanusi has destroyed our banking industry but as long as he continues feeding people the crap about the bank MDs being corrupt and people are still buying it, he'll still have the support of the suffering and blinded masses but I don't think it will be long before people start seeing the truth.
The international community has given Soludo numerous awards and will not hesitate to grab him if he loses the Anambra elections, Nigerians do not know what we lost by letting Soludo go.

As for me, I pray he wins the Governorship election because I know He'll make Fashola's achievements look like childs play.

I rest my case.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Nab Vehicle With Over 100,000 Presidential Ballots / Dna - Igbo Have No Relation Or Ancestry To Semitic - Rabbi / See The Moment Atiku Left The Debate Venue After He Waited Buhari To Show Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.