Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,993 members, 7,873,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:53 AM

Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? (795 Views)

Expect More Good Works From Me – Jonathan Tells Nigerians / Fashola Made Me A Proud Grandfather- Tinubu / A Proud Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by Justcash(m): 9:40pm On Jan 28, 2010
Nigeria seem to be good for Nothing.
Bad governance

Bad image

Bad publicity

Bad citizen's co-existence

Bad economy

Bad infrastructures

Bad sports administration amd performance

Bad reputation

Everything seem to be wrong with Nigeria. My question is what can a Nigerian use to brag to other nationalities? I need to know, because I used to use soccer, but now that kids from Ghana can beat our senior national team players, I can no more claim that our National team is good.
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by Justcash(m): 9:42pm On Jan 28, 2010
I really need your input! Bacause I am in a serious dilemma!
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by asha80(m): 9:45pm On Jan 28, 2010
Giant of africa tongue
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by dondigi(m): 9:53pm On Jan 28, 2010
I just can't wait for the day we all will rise up and say 'enough is enough' and mean it. We simply are not tired of bad governance yet. God help us!
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by Ikengawo: 10:01pm On Jan 28, 2010
you ppl are so insanely negative and bitter its unreal.
i was scrolling through Skyscrapercity's Nigeria section and the nigerians there are so optimistic and proud.
they're constantly updating eachother on developments and posting pictures of success (and they our number the failures) in nigeria

the problem is everyone on this site is in american and britian
we all know the media of these 2 countries have been on a blood hunt to make nigeria, blacks, and africa look as bad as possible for hundreds of years, and we're here excepting their 'reporting' without critical assessment.

my friend go back to your country. nigerians are totally oblivious to the fact their country is raising out of the wood fast and from nowhere.
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by asha80(m): 10:03pm On Jan 28, 2010
Ikengawo:

i was scrolling through Skyscrapercity's Nigeria section and the nigerians there are so optimistic and proud.
they're constantly updating eachother on developments and posting pictures of success (and they our number the failures) in nigeria

we all know the media of these 2 countries have been on a blood hunt to make nigeria, blacks, and africa look as bad as possible for hundreds of years, and we're here excepting their 'reporting' without critical assessment.

my friend go back to your country. nigerians are totally oblivious to the fact their country is raising out of the wood fast and from nowhere.

You think everyone in this site is based in uk and us think again
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by kokoA(m): 10:11pm On Jan 28, 2010
Unfortunately, there is nothing to boast of as a Nigerian.
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:12pm On Jan 28, 2010
@poster! think of wat to do to ur country nd not wat ur country will do 4 u. if Nigeria is a failed nation, U AIN'T A FAILED PERSON ARE YOU?
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by FrankC3: 10:20pm On Jan 28, 2010
@Ikengawo
My friend, i am not in US or UK. I am actually in Nigeria and i've got no development picture to swap with you. The only one i've got are:

1. The faces of Amodu and Yakubu after the final whistle
2. The new machine being installed in Aso Rock for your president instead of handing over to a healthy man.
3. The 'innovative' response by the factions hitherto disadvantaged in the killing spree in Jos
4. The Rule of Law AGF
5. The Picture of murdered Dipo
6. The 'skycrapper' defeat of the FOI bill for another round by your 'representatives'

You can add to the list. Maybe they dont stay in my part of Nigeria, but i would wish to have those pics,
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by MrCrackles(m): 10:22pm On Jan 28, 2010
Frank-C:

My friend, i am not in US or UK. I am actually in Nigeria and i've got no development picture to swap with you. The only one i've got are the

1. The faces of Amodu and Yakubu after the final whistle
2. The new machine being installed in Aso Rock for your president instead of handing over to a healthy man.
3. The 'innovative' response by the factions disadvantaged in the killing spree in Jos
4. The Rule of Law AGF
5. The Picture of murdered Dipo
6. The 'skycrapper' defeat of the FOI bill for another round by your 'representatives'

You can add to the list. Maybe they dont stay in my part of Nigeria, but i would wish to have those pics,
grin grin grin
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by abadaba(m): 11:15pm On Jan 28, 2010
Nigeria is not bad in football yet. Before the AfCON kicked off, the target was semi finals. Yes, it was achieved.
Before the world cup qualifiers started, the target was to land in South Africa, and that target was achieved.
Nigeria is still up there in football circus.
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by Justcash(m): 4:34am On Jan 29, 2010
abadaba:

Nigeria is not bad in football yet. Before the AfCON kicked off, the target was semi finals. Yes, it was achieved.
Before the world cup qualifiers started, the target was to land in South Africa, and that target was achieved.
Nigeria is still up there in football circus.

But the effort I put in promoting the Super Eagles as the king of African soccer and a giant in world soccer has been defeated. My foriegn friends cannot really see what is special about the team after watching them. My point is , what else can I use and boast to them that Nigeria is better off, especially than their countries?

Ikengawo:

What will I use in promoting Nigeria, without lying? What can I use and boast that Nigeria is better than other countries, especially western and Asian countries like Germany, Holland, Japan, China etc?
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by sjeezy8: 4:35am On Jan 29, 2010
I have a big pe-nis but i think that maybe a yoruba thing lfmao grin cool
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by Justcash(m): 4:43am On Jan 29, 2010
Ijele-igbo:

@poster! think of wat to do to your country nd not wat your country will do 4 u. if Nigeria is a failed nation, U AIN'T A FAILED PERSON ARE YOU?

I aint a failed person, but the failed condition of Nigeria has condemned many unfortunate enterprising Nigerians to failure. However, I am not talking about investments, volountary services etc. I am talking about selling Nigeria to foriegners, in order to convince them to give respect to Nigerians. I discovered that anytime I tried, my statements were filled with lies. I just thought of it and decided to throw the question open, because I have discovered that there is really nothing tangible to make a Nigerian proud of being a Nigerian. You can make suggestions to me if you know of any.

sjeezy8:

I have a big pe-nis but i think that maybe a yoruba thing lfmao grin cool
O yeah?  grin
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by henry101(m): 4:44am On Jan 29, 2010
Our musicians rule Africa.
I think this is our best export 4 now.
We are the best in Africa music wise.
U can be proud of it.
Asha, Nneka, Tuface, Psquare, D'banj, 9ice, M.I and the rest.
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by Justcash(m): 4:50am On Jan 29, 2010
henry101:

Our musicians rule Africa.
I think this is our best export 4 now.
We are the best in Africa music wise.
U can be proud of it.
Asha, Nneka, Tuface, Psquare, D'banj, 9ice, M.I and the rest.

Yeah. Valid point. wink But will that sincerely make them love and respect Nigeria? The only reason one of my naughty foriegn friends (Who has been to prison several times) love Nigeria is the involvement of Nigerians in scam. He marvels at the smartness of most Nigerian scammers. But unfortunately, he is not the type that I want to love and respect Nigerians. The upright ones see nothing good about Nigeria. They even advised me several times to take up a foriegn citizenship. Those type of people cannot be easily swayed by our rule in the African musical scene.
However, I am still thinking of what to use and beat my chest as a Nigerian.
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by henry101(m): 4:59am On Jan 29, 2010
Do u know hw our music is worshiped in clubs here?
The acceptance is awesome.
Our music and film industry is doing fine.
The pidgin english is realy giving us some sort of admiration by odas.
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by Justcash(m): 5:01am On Jan 29, 2010
henry101:

Do u know hw our music is worshiped in clubs here?
The acceptance is awesome.
Our music and film industry is doing fine.
The pidgin english is realy giving us some sort of admiration by odas.

Yeah. Like I said, you have a point. That will be applicable to Africans and Some Non-Africans.
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by deluxecad(m): 6:22am On Jan 29, 2010
We simply retire to beach soccer, street soccer or five at side. Lol!
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by Gbawe: 7:31am On Jan 29, 2010
Justcash:

I really need your input! Bacause I am in a serious dilemma!

You should stop worrying yourself by accepting the obvious i.e whatever involves the Federal Government of Nigeria , currently and in the near future, will end in disaster !!!

When you fail to plan you are planning to fail !!! We can all see a failure to plan everywhere in the ways usurpers and criminals are imposed on Nigeria and Nigerians everyday. These incompetent nincompoops then go on to screw up even the most basic things !!!

The problem with illegitimate , nepotistic and poor leadership is that it tends to replicate itself i.e an illegitimate and nepotistic leader will appoint similar to himself/herself everywhere as Yar Adua has done to the detriment of Nigeria !!!! Incompetence and poor leadership then becomes the norm rather than the exception !!!

Why are Ministers and Members of the FEC fighting for a President who should be impeached , with how he has treated his nation with nonchalant disdain for over 65,  days if not for the obvious consideration that said President appointed their incompetent and thieving as.ses  and proceeded to allow them to get away with the most blatantly anti-Nigerian behaviour possible !!!! It is obvious we are witnessing a sick game of "Scratch my back I scratch yours" .

We now have an AGF (crimedoakaa) who behaves more like a posturing gangster than a law officer to the international ridicule of Nigeria !!!!!

Using your football example it was always obvious that we were planning to fail with how we have a coach and sports administrators who , because they don't deserve the job they have in the first place , cannot understand that we will never win matches at the highest level if we have zero creativity through the middle !!! In other nations the terminally sick and dying Super Eagles and its administrators will have been disbanded long ago before they got to this level where they have now embarrased us immensely!!! 

I was one of those hoping we would not make the world cup as I am sure international ridicule awaits us there. The rot everywhere has been perpetuated and worsened , year in year out , by one incompetent and imposed administrator after another !!!  The only way out is for Nigerians to join the fight to ensure that it is only men and women who can reverse our rapid decline who actually gain the most important jobs that dictate our direction as a nation !!! This must start from the Presidency !!! Even if it is zoned to the North the sensible thing , as would be done in sensible nations, would be for Nigerians to ensure that they accept only a progressive Northerner rather than a situation where they sit back and allow a 'Voltron' for corruption and regressiveness , like Yar Adua , to be imposed on them .

It is pointless continuously lamenting that things do not work if we will continue to allow ourselves to be led by men and women who are only capable of ensuring that things will never work !!! Let us all gear up for 2011 and prepare to fight for the emergence of those who can begin the revival of Nigeria !!!!
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by Gbawe: 10:18am On Jan 29, 2010
Justcash:

But the effort I put in promoting the Super Eagles as the king of African soccer and a giant in world soccer has been defeated. My foriegn friends cannot really see what is special about the team after watching them. My point is , what else can I use and boast to them that Nigeria is better off, especially than their countries?

Boasting that we are better than others should not, and should never , be anything we should seek to do as Nigerians. Remember "to whom much is given much is expected" . Better we endeavour to do the right things and then graciously accept any accolades that accompany our meritorious actions.
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by chidichris(m): 11:22am On Jan 29, 2010

@ikengawo,
u are a typical example of what nigeria is - lies.
why not share those pictures with us? i hope u have all the pictures of obasanjo in river state while on his was there on 3 more different occassions to officially open the power plant that was not, is not and will not supply power to the people of the state. i hope in the picture, u will show uis the killers of bola ige? do not forget to show us the picture of the criminal turned to goat arrested by nigerian police? nigerians are professional liars and can never have anything to do with truth.

@poster,
be informed that despite our failures, we can never be found wanting in the areas where we can differentiate ourselves from others.
if u want to brag to other nationalities, tell them that we are the only country of this world where election results are known before the real election and no one can beat u to that.
nigeria as we speak, have broken a record of having a missing president and soon, we will be the only country of this world with a dead president.
tell anyone that nigeria once had a powerful president(obasanjo) who was so influential that he could sleep with his own daughter inlaw.
we once had a president who was at the same time the minister of petrolium for seven and half years.
tell them that in nigeria, especially at nights, we have different sounds of generators that can not be compared to any country of this world.
in fact tell them that nigeria jaga jaga.
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 29, 2010
Justcash:

Nigeria seem to be good for Nothing.
Bad governance

Bad image

Bad publicity

Bad citizen's co-existence

Bad economy

Bad infrastructures

Bad sports administration amd performance

Bad reputation

Everything seem to be wrong with Nigeria. My question is what can a Nigerian use to brag to other nationalities? I need to know, because I used to use soccer, but now that kids from Ghana can beat our senior national team players, I can no more claim that our National team is good.

Cheer up boy! Its not as bad as you think! At least we are now "therrorists". All the world power them go dey fear us like they fear IRAN, North Korea, etc.

That one na something to[b] brag [/b] about.
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by bkbaybe99: 12:07pm On Jan 29, 2010
Fraud and drugs!!! Yall still slang dope and promise people inheritance in the billions, right?
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by desgiezd(m): 12:18pm On Jan 29, 2010
@ Poster

Can't you tell them that Nigeria is so unique that our president can be away from his duty post for months without anyone knowing his whereabout and without handing over power to his deputy?
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by JNdupu: 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2010
@OP

I have heard from Africans of various nationalities that the Nigerian Music scene is the bomb.
Re: Now That We Are No More Good In Soccer, What Can Make One A Proud Nigerian? by duality(m): 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2010
niraland. is the site with a high % of NEGATIVE minded individuals. those who see hopelessness always, are hopeless. QED.

(1) (Reply)

What If Yaradua Suddenly Returns Home Healthy? / Jonathan If : / No More Singing Of National Anthem At Nec Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.