Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,982 members, 7,873,160 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:59 AM

RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) (46539 Views)

COVID-19: Goodluck Jonathan Donates Palliatives To 20 States (list) / Nigeria’s Trade Balance Exceeds N1 Trillion For First Time Since 2014 – Report / Confab 2014: 54 States, 54 Governors, 54 Ministers, 172 Senators, 224 Reps! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
Minemrys:

i pray it does, so by then we will kn0w whats up and can wake up to make our country great. You'd be surprised if that time c0mes, all these agitations might stop and people would think m0re abt fighting injustice and corrupti0n at every level.
yea then we would understand the value of capacity building instead of cheering idiots who only know how to pay salaries and make gutters and roads

2 Likes

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by oscarline2002: 9:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
Nigeria should adopt three geopolitical zones: Southern Geopolitical zones comprises of ; Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Rivers, Bayelsa, Benue, Abia, Delta, Imo, Edo, Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi States. The Western Zone comprises of; Lagos, Ogun, Kwara, Kogi, Osun, Oyo, Ekiti and Ondo states. The northern zone comprises of; Adamawa, Taraba, Niger, Kano, Plateau,Kaduna, Bauchi, Zamfara,Kebbi, Sokoto, Katsina, Jigawa,Yobe and Borno States and FCT

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Dezzx(m): 9:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
longsnake:
My Dear Gurara State, I see you coming.
Amen bro.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by brojoshua: 9:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
States creation is not our problem but our corruption
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by henocherry18: 9:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrHowto:
Some southern state that are not more than Zaria local government of Kaduna state in both size and population deserve no additional state.

Even the present Bayelsa state should be merged to Rivers State.
Shut up. What the North has is land mass and not population. I served in a LGA in sokoto where the population of my community is higher than that local govt. The name of the local govt is Goronyo and so many others are like that in sokoto
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Jacobpio: 9:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
TRUTH2020:
all this restructure restructure confab confab,IF NOT FOR MAZI NNAMDI KANU we wont be hearing it still the children of lucifer are shouting crucify him crucify him.
So what is your problem. Biafra or more states?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ok
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by mpowa(m): 9:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
They are not Okay, the 36 states that are 90% not viable is not enough. They should even merge the states, we dont need more that 12 states, 2 states for each 6 geopolital zones. So many states is corruption.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by qleap2all(m): 9:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
Is that what they referred to as restructuring? Mumu., Ebonyi, Osun, Ekiti, Jigawa are all crawling, yet the Confab wants to create new corrupt political thiefleader

4 Likes

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
abiambo:

Lol u can't live all ur life in the north and make such statements... bayelsa and rivers is equal in size .... money coming of bayelsa alone is more than that coming from ur whole zone so wat d L r u talking about

Yet the governor is struggling with salary.

2 Likes

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by zidek(m): 9:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
Oron state should be created out of Akwa ibom

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
What about Oron state from the present Akwaibom state?

God bless maxi Nnmadi Kanu for the calls to Biafra restoration.

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Minemrys: 10:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
Nonaira1:

Is delta state government not owning salaries? What makes you think I care about the problems of Nigeria. As far as I'm concerned, that country is a dying fish that needs to be cut already. With that being said anioma state is beneficial to anioma as it gives us the fair of our community the way we want it andone not having to deal with the tribalistic policies that reeks in delta politics
s0me people can't be reasoned or negotiated with. Some people just want to watch the world...burn!

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Butterworth: 10:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrHowto:
Some southern state that are not more than Zaria local government of Kaduna state in both size and population deserve no additional state.

Even the present Bayelsa state should be merged to Rivers State.

Have you ever ask yourself, how much does Kaduna generate to the federal government of Nigeria.

Check well and come and I know you will realize that Kaduna is big for nothing, the state is just a reliability to the South.

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Dee60: 10:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
olatola00:
What about Ikeja state from Lagos state.. As if the current 36 states are not enough.

And Oyingbo State! or Lekki State! With Lekki as a state (and it has the population, you know!) Davido will have a good chancee of becoming governor and maybe Linda as the assistant.

The generation of elders that always run after 'my own', 'their own' instead of looking for alternatives that are viable. Nigeria is probably better with between 7 and 10 states (max). Maybe we should just stick to 6.

Why do we just think so much about sharing? So those people were paid so much just to go and plan how to share states! Worrisome.

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by emerged01(m): 10:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
If this is all about restructuring,then Nigeria should be left as it is. So this rubbish was what some people collected allowances for months to put together?

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrHowto:

We are not interested in your lies and history rewriting of My father say... My mother told me bla bla. The blood of Sardauna will continue to hunt you.

Did i mention my father or my mother

Facts are facts and there are looking at u till tomorrow. Of all the igbo coup plotters, None comes from the SE...U have their names and u can easily verify their state of origin.

The coup in 1966 wore a national face. Ijaw, igbo, yotuba, tiv, hausa, fulani all planned that coup n executed it, Getting their full list isnt going to be hard too..

Stop deceiving urself.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by emmydadave: 10:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrHowto:
Most foolish conference ever where money was looted for nonsensical confab. It is either we return back to 1960 arrangement which the greedy igbos disrupt or forget about restructuring. No state will be added.

Greedy igbos u just said? Well if u are actually a literate and u know the history of ur country u will never voice such comment.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by mystmoze(m): 10:33pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrHowto:
Most foolish conference ever where money was looted for nonsensical confab. It is either we return back to 1960 arrangement which the greedy igbos disrupt or forget about restructuring. No state will be added.
abeg na who offend u
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by fiizznation: 10:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

You know political and economic restructuring is a demon the NW has been running away from for a long time.

I doubt whether you can run a way for long again.

You guys should wake up and smell the coffee. Restructuring is at your doorstep and there is nothing you can do about it.
You people are the ones that need to wake up from your silly dreams. If you think you can shortchange the north with one opportunistic rubbish called restructuring, then you really have something big coming for you.

Economic restructuring of Nigeria - YES!

Political restructuring of Nigeria - HELL NO

Get this into your thick skull!!!
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by SuperS1Panther: 10:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
fiizznation:
You people are the ones that need to wake up from your silly dreams. If you think you can shortchange the north with one opportunistic rubbish called restructuring, then you really have something big coming for you.

Economic restructuring of Nigeria - YES!

Political restructuring of Nigeria - HELL NO

Get this into your thick skull!!!

Write it down ---- Political and Economic Restructuring is here and deal with it.

Enjoy your region and all the goodies alone and others will do same to theirs.

The central must and will be rendered useless.

2 Likes

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by bisiboi(m): 10:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
No sense at all...the one we have never turn to standard and una wanna create another one.... am seeing a lot of boko haram nd Evans....
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by demitola(m): 10:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
I cant laugh oooo! Iv always said it.... the way some are shouting about RESTRUCTURING & CONFAB REPORT, reminds me of when there was terrific clamour to privatise NEPA. Where has it landed us? cheesy
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Amah70: 11:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
fiizznation:
Lol. Anyway is a good thing that this buhari administration threw that rubbish report in the dustbin.

Lol. Because the present 36 states and Abuja political structure favours you.

What about return to fiscal federalism and regional govt system which should have been ideal, instead of new states recommended? You surely must refuse that.

If your state is not viable, please appeal for your state to be merged to the nearest viable state. Crooks can't continue to be opinion leaders in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Amah70: 11:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
kinzubi20:
pls what about owerri state.

because Orlu Has taken over IMO state

Once Njaba-Anim state is created as recommended, with Orlu area as nucleus, Owerri state immediately comes to be.

Under Okorocha, Owerri gulped nearly every income of Imo state.

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by obagod: 11:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
What are about oduduwa state
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by ozoneboy(m): 11:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
MrHowto:
We need restructuring and not 1960 tribalistic constitution contributed by a tribalistic afonja Awolowo.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by RoyalUc(m): 11:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ehiscotch:
Nigeria would just be nosediving into more problems.
Restructuring or creation of more states is not the solution to our problems.

Proper Education, re orientation & good governance is.
Nigeria has so many ethnic groups. Are we gonna give each ethnic group their own state?

I couldn't agree any less. The solution, I concur, is the proper blend of those key elements mentioned.

You sabi school.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Amah70: 11:25pm On Jul 01, 2017
Pavarottii:

Nah read well. North will have equal state with the south which will be 27:27. Against the 19:17 it is now.

With Abuja, it is 20:17 against the two former southern regions.

The essence of 27:27 states ratio between north and south is to have balanced political representation for healthy politics that can bring up the Right political leaders for Nigeria. The CONFAB people were wiser than all these people pretending that they are saving Nigeria money by arguing against the 18 new states. But in fact, they argue because they are comfortable in their present states.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
emmydadave:

Greedy igbos u just said? Well if u are actually a literate and u know the history of ur country u will never voice such comment.

The problem of this country started when the Igbo coup was executed and the same Igbo abolish our federating unit for a unitary system of government. All other problems are consequencies of this initial problem.

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
mystmoze:

abeg na who offend u

Lol grin grin grin Nobody oh.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
Butterworth:

Have you ever ask yourself, how much does Kaduna generate to the federal government of Nigeria.

Check well and come and I know you will realize that Kaduna is big for nothing, the state is just a reliability to the South.

Don't even have anymore time to waste in the crap you type.

Igbo coup 1966 was executed against the Hausas and Yoruba while protectingIgbo leaders from the president and co. The new President in town after the coup is Igbo who abolish our federating unit.

You and argue until you cannot stand that won't change you're the initial problem of Nigeria that is still hunting us for more than 50 consecutive years.

What amase me is: You people still have the gut to speak.

The blood of Sardauna and his beheaded head
will continue to consume you till Jesus come back.

On finding them, Nzeogwu shot the Sardauna and his senior wife who was trying to protect him. He then blew a whistle which was the agreed signal for all soldiers to converge at the rallying point at the front gate for the final onslaught on their symbol of national decay.

Ironsi in his own words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ2pcLO9HSc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Cattle Breeders List Condition For Peace In Southern Kaduna / Can Atiku Abubakar Defeat Muhammadu Buhari In 2019? By Dele Momodu / Osun Election: INEC Official Caught In Ayedaade LGA (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.