Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:39 AM

RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) (46537 Views)

COVID-19: Goodluck Jonathan Donates Palliatives To 20 States (list) / Nigeria’s Trade Balance Exceeds N1 Trillion For First Time Since 2014 – Report / Confab 2014: 54 States, 54 Governors, 54 Ministers, 172 Senators, 224 Reps! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Adminisher: 12:03am On Jul 02, 2017
fiizznation:
Lol. Anyway is a good thing that this buhari administration threw that rubbish report in the dustbin.

What do you expect from Goodluck Jonathan confab. That man is the most conservative, dullest and un inspiring politician alive and to have expected his Presidency to do a radical re jigging of Nigeria confirms the truth that a lot of people are dunces...they project their expectations on a public figure even when the reality about those guys says otherwise.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Adminisher: 12:06am On Jul 02, 2017
abiodunalasa:
Restructuring : Yes !!!
More Power to the State Govts : No !
Creating more parasite States : No !
More Money to State Govts : No !

More Power to the Local Govts : Yes !!!
Creating more Local Govts : Yes !!!
More money to Local Govts : Absolutely Yes !!!

Period. Full stop!

At least you have the idea. Keep it up. Some people on Nairaland are Abobakus ..only in life to actualize the ambitions of corrupt politicians to government houses or Aso Rock.
They will never talk about empowering LGAs

2 Likes

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by darqly(m): 12:15am On Jul 02, 2017
stinggy:
54 states
So we can make more useless governors, senators and reps abi? Even the 36 we have already are disgrace to common sense. If we can't merge states and return to regional government then I wish the report is kept away for long years undecided undecided

It's clear that Nigerians are the ONLY problem with Nigeria, if this is what the report recommended. Everyone looking out for his/her selfish interests. The world is advocating lean govt, we are tying to create more states, I cannot understand our foolishness at all.

5 Likes

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Donwilly20(m): 4:34am On Jul 02, 2017
MrHowto:
Most foolish conference ever where money was looted for nonsensical confab. It is either we return back to 1960 arrangement which the greedy igbos disrupt or forget about restructuring. No state will be added.
must u mention Igbo in ur comment i see the Yorubas in this NL are bunch of hypocrites have u reply to the Ariwa youth that call ur tribe ungrateful & backstabber
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by fiizznation: 6:00am On Jul 02, 2017
Amah70:

Lol. Because the present 36 states and Abuja political structure favours you.

What about return to fiscal federalism and regional govt system which should have been ideal, instead of new states recommended? You surely must refuse that.

If your state is not viable, please appeal for your state to be merged to the nearest viable state. Crooks can't continue to be opinion leaders in Nigeria.
No. On the contrary I very much agree with you a 100%. Restructuring or whatever people call it won't solve any problem(s) in Nigeria, rather it will just compound our problem(s) the more. Only Restructuring that will give us autonomous regions(just like it was in the 1960) will be our problem solver. I expected people screaming 'restructure' up and down to have agitated for regionalism, but what we kept hearing everyday is 'restructure, restructure'. And when you ask them how they want the country to be restructured, they become mute.

Restructuring should be about going back to regionalism(the one that was killed by the southerners), true fiscal federalism and not about some opportunistic tendencies of shortchanging the north through the back door..

Cc: superS1panther.

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by COMPAQ(m): 6:24am On Jul 02, 2017
demitola:
I cant laugh oooo! Iv always said it.... the way some are shouting about RESTRUCTURING & CONFAB REPORT, reminds me of when there was terrific clamour to privatise NEPA. Where has it landed us? cheesy

Privatization of Nepa is the right thing to do. It just hasn't been done properly. The biggest blame is actually with the government and not the discos. Government hasn't done all they were expected to do. Though the discos have also been a bit disappointing.

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by gawu1: 7:07am On Jul 02, 2017
googlepikins:
It's too late, biafra is coming, the vegetable Pharaoh can't stop our Moses Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, Pharaoh is dying in London.
With people like Evans being your president your Biafra is going to be really amazing.
For your reminder, Our 1st October date not yet repudiated.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by DabuIIIT: 7:20am On Jul 02, 2017
ALL AND SUNDRY SHUD REJECT AND PROTEST AGAINST THIS!
EVERYBODY SHOULD PROTEST PEACEFULLY FOR TRUE FEDERALISM/REGIONALISM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by SuperS1Panther: 7:28am On Jul 02, 2017
fiizznation:
No. On the contrary I very much agree with you a 100%. Restructuring or whatever people call it won't solve any problem(s) in Nigeria, rather it will just compound our problem(s) the more. Only Restructuring that will give us autonomous regions(just like it was in the 1960) will be our problem solver. I expected people screaming 'restructure' up and down to have agitated for regionalism, but what we kept hearing everyday is 'restructure, restructure'. And when you ask them how they want the country to be restructured, they become mute.

Restructuring should be about going back to regionalism(the one that was killed by the southerners), true fiscal federalism and not about some opportunistic tendencies of shortchanging the north through the back door..

Cc: superS1panther.

I agree with you absolutely.

Regionalism is the only way forward. Anything apart from this is a sheer waste of time.

Please note that the Southener that introduced the Unitary System is an Igbo and do not generalise, with an objective of lording it over all of us.

4 Likes

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Ppresh2017(f): 8:59am On Jul 02, 2017
MrHowto:
Some southern state that are not more than Zaria local government of Kaduna state in both size and population deserve no additional state.

Even the present Bayelsa state should be merged to Rivers State.
You forgot that the oil from bayalsa state alone will fund the entire north for more than 100years.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by wayodude(m): 10:36am On Jul 02, 2017
No be only confab na cantab. The person wen make this suggestion must chop Holy Ghost konck
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by nNEOo(m): 11:25am On Jul 02, 2017
bilazego:

Get your facts right, Ebonyi comprises of 5 states from abia and 8 states from Enugu.

Five states from abia 8 from Enugu = 13 states
cry
cry
cry
law

I

can't take it

I
Can't
Take
this lawd cry
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by colossus91(m): 12:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
lol and the north will still have more states lol i hear

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by bilazego(m): 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
nNEOo:

Five states from abia 8 from Enugu = 13 states cry cry cry law
I
can't take it
I Can't Take this lawd cry
Sorry I meant local government areas and not states.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by bilazego(m): 12:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
[quote author=nNEOo post=58043369]

Five states from abia
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by farouk0403(m): 1:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
MrHowto:
Some southern state that are not more than Zaria local government of Kaduna state in both size and population deserve no additional state.

Even the present Bayelsa state should be merged to Rivers State.

you are very correct.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Ppresh2017:
You forgot that the oil from bayalsa state alone will fund the entire north for more than 100years.

Yet they are struggling to pay Salary.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Ugik(m): 2:43pm On Jul 02, 2017
they should reject the creation of more states when they resume. we already have so many non viable states.imagine taking aba away from abia state.and the idea of making an amendment for state creation to be easy is uncalled for cos we should and ought to have a rigid constitution not flexible. instead the idea of state merger is welcomed to reduce over dependence at the center by the non viable federating units

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Butterworth: 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
MrHowto:

Don't even have anymore time to waste in the crap you type.

Igbo coup 1966 was executed against the Hausas and Yoruba while protectingIgbo leaders from the president and co. The new President in town after the coup is Igbo who abolish our federating unit.

You and argue until you cannot stand that won't change you're the initial problem of Nigeria that is still hunting us for more than 50 consecutive years.

What amase me is: You people still have the gut to speak.

The blood of Sardauna and his beheaded head
will continue to consume you till Jesus come back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ2pcLO9HSc

1. Major Chukwuma Kaduna
Nzeogwu(Delta Igbo)
2. Major Adewale Ademoyega
(Yoruba) author of "Why we
struck"
3. Capt. G. Adeleke(Yoruba) 4. Maj. Ifeajuna(Igbo)
5. Lt. Fola Oyewole(Yoruba)
author of "The reluctant rebel"
6. Lt. R. Egbiko(Esean)
7. Lt. Tijani Katsina(Hausa/
Fulani) 8. Lt. O. Olafemiyan(Yoruba)
9. Capt. Gibson Jalo(Bali)
10. Capt. Swanton(Middle Belt)
11. Lt. Hope Harris Eghagha
(Urhobo)
12. Lt. Dag Warribor(Ijaw) 13. 2nd Lt. Saleh Dambo(Hausa)
14. 2nd Lt. John Atom Kpera

These are the names of military officers who carried out the coup

But your dumb Ass chose to call it Igbo coupe
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by cumbak60: 5:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
Nonaira1:

Either way I don't care.
Whether we are in South or east does not matter to n me right now

Anioma state would have been in existence if not for that bastard
Well, to me, Igbos should be in the same geo-political zone so we can always speak with one voice when it matters.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by googlepikins: 10:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
gawu1:

With people like Evans being your president your Biafra is going to be really amazing.
For your reminder, Our 1st October date not yet repudiated.
We gallant, na the work wey we dey do. that's what we've been asking for. tear down and fire down, no time. thunder fire una there
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by demitola(m): 4:56am On Jul 03, 2017
COMPAQ:

Privatization of Nepa is the right thing to do. It just hasn't been done properly. The biggest blame is actually with the government and not the discos. Government hasn't done all they were expected to do. Though the discos have also been a bit disappointing.
Now you got my point actually. They may restructure as per the clamoring, but they wont lay the foundation the exact way its suppose to be. My advice will surely be that we operate the federal system to the fullest before we gravitate to a decentralized system of government. Coz as it is now, we running a Unitary system, deceiving ourselves and calling it federal.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by gawu1: 7:03am On Jul 04, 2017
googlepikins:
We gallant, na the work wey we dey do. that's what we've been asking for. tear down and fire down, no time. thunder fire una there
Son of a Chestbeater exhibiting chestbeating!
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by abiambo(m): 7:05am On Jul 04, 2017
MrHowto:

Yet the governor is struggling with salary.

That's not the bone of contention plus it is his business.... but don't just open ur mouth in public and talk wen u don't ve facts... who even gave u the idea that bayelsa is Smãll or economically unviable Daft aboki
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by emmydadave: 1:05pm On Jul 17, 2017
MrHowto:

The problem of this country started when the Igbo coup was executed and the same Igbo abolish our federating unit for a unitary system of government. All other problems are consequencies of this initial problem.
For calling the first coup and igbo coup when it has been repeatedly corrected that its not igbo coup shows that you ain't vasatile and u dnt study broad or even listens to correction. So therefore replying u is a waste of my MB

1 Like

Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by ChimaAdeoye: 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
The issue isnt the states recommended by the report. It is the system restructuring recommended to bring peace, Equity and development to all parts of Nigeria
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by aolawale025: 2:20pm On Jul 17, 2017
One of the major draw-backs of the confab report is the creation of new states.
Re: RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 17, 2017
emmydadave:

For calling the first coup and igbo coup when it has been repeatedly corrected that its not igbo coup shows that you ain't vasatile and u dnt study broad or even listens to correction. So therefore replying u is a waste of my MB

You cannot rewrite History. You killed other tribes leaders and save your own and still want us to believe it wasn't Igbo coup. Don't even reply me I don't want it, but that doesn't change the fact u brought us in to this mess.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Atiku Abubakar Defeat Muhammadu Buhari In 2019? By Dele Momodu / Fulani Cattle Breeders List Condition For Peace In Southern Kaduna / Osun Election: INEC Official Caught In Ayedaade LGA (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.