Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,539 members, 7,951,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 01:13 PM

Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan (11498 Views)

Construction Of A Twin 4bd/rm Duplex @IBADAN By Dioritestructures / Building A Twin 2 Bedroom Flat / Invest Your Money Wisely 12 Room And 2 Twin 2 Bedroom For Sale In Ibadan (images (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by yak(m): 10:27pm On Jul 27, 2017
tevanso:
u can only do that for the interior walls meanwhile u have to block part of the holes with rubbles before casting to avoid waste of materials

thank you
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by yak(m): 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2017
tevanso:
u can only do that for the interior walls meanwhile u have to block part of the holes with rubbles before casting to avoid waste of materials

thank you.
one more thing! is anything wrong with building a 3 bedroom apartment with only 6" blocks only?
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by PropertyAsset: 6:15am On Jul 28, 2017
Thus is great to know.
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by tevanso(m): 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2017
yak:

thank you.
one more thing! is anything wrong with building a 3 bedroom apartment with only 6" blocks only?
use 9inches block for the external walls and use 6 inches for the partitions

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by tevanso(m): 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2017
oduncojamaica:
@tevanso
Can you Pls show us some picture sir
like I said in my previous post I don't have the pix but I have done it before .
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by yak(m): 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2017
work suspended?

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by tevanso(m): 10:37am On Aug 07, 2017
We have started the roofing, I will update with the pictures later

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by tevanso(m): 7:44am On Aug 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by ijeshaboy: 8:22am On Aug 08, 2017
tevanso:
oga Welldone o, please how much is plastering sand and cement in Ibadan now.
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by tevanso(m): 5:21pm On Aug 08, 2017
ijeshaboy:
oga Welldone o, please how much is plastering sand and cement in Ibadan now.
plaster sand is 30k for 20 tonnes bag of cement rages from 2600- 2700
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by tevanso(m): 6:13pm On Aug 10, 2017
we are at the roofing level now

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by yak(m): 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2017
tevanso:
we are at the roofing level now

may Almighty empower the owner to complete the project
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by tevanso(m): 7:15pm On Aug 10, 2017
yak:

amen
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by tevanso(m): 7:16pm On Aug 10, 2017
yak:

amen
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by stancydg: 7:21pm On Aug 10, 2017
MORE MONEY FOR THE OWNER TO FINISH THIS BUILDING IN JESUS' NAME.

DROP YOUR BRIEFS GET A BUILDING DESIGN

Now is the time of the year when you need to double your efforts at sacking your landlord and or increasing your territory.

You can still make it before December. Yes, you can still move into your dream home this year. All you have to do is simply state exactly what you want. Do not limit your imaginations as we are space management experts. Even if it is half a plot you have, we have a design that suits it and still meet regulatory standards.

This is your moment. Join the list of our happy clients.

Yes you can...if you think you can!

07034643328 - Call/Whatsapp

09076151101 - Calls.

Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by princejones(m): 10:50pm On Aug 10, 2017
Following, nice and quick one
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by happney65: 12:19am On Aug 11, 2017
Bro,How much did you do the woodwork?Just the woodwork alone and buying the planks..Thanks
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by johnson232: 11:45am On Aug 12, 2017
tevanso:
Sir i thought it was necessary to do a head beam since u used columns in some parts of the bungalows?
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by johnson232: 11:47am On Aug 12, 2017
stancydg:
MORE MONEY FOR THE OWNER TO FINISH THIS BUILDING IN JESUS' NAME.

DROP YOUR BRIEFS
GET A BUILDING DESIGN

Now is the time of the year when you need to
double your efforts at sacking your landlord and
or increasing your territory.

You can still make it before December. Yes, you
can still move into your dream home this year.
All you have to do is simply state exactly what
you want. Do not limit your imaginations as we
are space management experts. Even if it is half
a plot you have, we have a design that suits it
and still meet regulatory standards.

This is your moment. Join the list of our happy
clients.

Yes you can...if you think you can!

07034643328 - Call/Whatsapp

09076151101 - Calls.
This your design so....rain no go spoil the building...

Most of all these contemporary designs don't work well with our kind of climate....
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by tevanso(m): 7:57pm On Aug 12, 2017
johnson232:

This your design so....rain no go spoil the building...

Most of all these contemporary designs don't work well with our kind of climate....
of course ur building can still be completed this year sir
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by tevanso(m): 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2017
johnson232:

Sir i thought it was necessary to do a head beam since u used columns in some parts of the bungalows?
not compulsory if there is no facial concrete
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by tevanso(m): 8:01pm On Aug 12, 2017
happney65:
Bro,How much did you do the woodwork?Just the woodwork alone and buying the planks..Thanks
i gave him as contract from start to finish
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by happney65: 8:33pm On Aug 12, 2017
tevanso:
i gave him as contract from start to finish

I know..I mean how much did you end up paying for it
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 12, 2017
johnson232:

I wonder why some people shy away from doing a beam since there is no fund for parapet.
A beam before the roofing is very useful, one benefit is that it prevents cracks from that axis.
I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by johnson232: 8:48pm On Aug 12, 2017
segzy14:

I wonder why some people shy away from doing a beam since there is no fund for parapet.
A beam before the roofing is very useful, one benefit is that it prevents cracks from that axis.
I stand to be corrected though.
Someone once said if there is a roof beam, there wouldn't be need for wall plate....how true is this sir?
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by johnson232: 8:49pm On Aug 12, 2017
tevanso:
not compulsory if there is no facial concrete
Okay sir
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 12, 2017
johnson232:

Someone once said if there is a roof beam, there wouldn't be need for wall plate....how true is this sir?

There must be wall plate cos how do u expect the rafter to stay without a wall plate.
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by johnson232: 9:08pm On Aug 12, 2017
segzy14:

There must be wall plate cos how do u expect the rafter to stay without a wall plate.
Which means even with a roof beam, no roofing member should be excluded...from wall plate, tie beam to rafter...So the beam is just to carry d roof load?

But most clients wouldn't want to do it, they see it as waste of funds....
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 12, 2017
johnson232:

Which means even with a roof beam, no roofing member should be excluded...from wall plate, tie beam to rafter...So the beam is just to carry d roof load?

But most clients wouldn't want to do it, they see it as waste of funds....

You are very correct at the bolded.
If my clients don't have money for parapet, I compulsory them to do a roof beam.
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by johnson232: 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2017
segzy14:

You are very correct at the bolded.
If my clients don't have money for parapet, I compulsory them to do a roof beam.
So doing a roof beam also make it kind of compulsory to use columns on the edges, even if it s a bungalow?
But it is really not easy to convince some people to do these things, especially when they are building for commercial use...
Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by tevanso(m): 12:57pm On Aug 14, 2017
Thanks all for ur input, this particular client is trying by all means to reduce the cost of this building so telling him to do roof beam is like a wasting of effort and time cos he will tell U he didn't do that in his first building and it is still standing till date .I wish clients will come to understand that no part of Building elements is not necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of A Twin 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Ibadan by whalleh: 6:45pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hello people.

I will like to have some inputs and advice concerning my situation. 

I have just completed the foundation for my twin flats (2bed and 1bedroom) and I'm about to take a decision on the German flooring. 

Due to cost constraints I have at the moment, I'm forced to think of other options that will possibly achieve the same end results. 

Instead of German flooring, I'm considering a 150mm thick concrete layer on the blocks alone throughout the entire foundation. I'm of the opinion that this option will stop ingress of moisture from the soil to the superstructure, prevent insects and rodents from moving through the soil to the roof, offer some sort of atabilizatin for the building and of course drastically reduce the cost associaTed with filling the entire foundation with concrete.

I'll like that you please look into my idea and advise me based on your experience.

Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Landlord Alleges Sabotage As Tenant Mobilises Policemen As Guards / Frequently Asked Question About Stone Coated Roofing Tiles / Best Place To Live In Lagos? Need Your Opinion(abroad 27yrs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.