Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,110 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 09:57 AM

Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? (6451 Views)

Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know / Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful / Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by alimat2(f): 3:29pm On Feb 02, 2010
@Mushin

Pls i mean no harm in my post,am sorry if u read otherwise.

Peace is what am preaching cos i hardly giv room 4 opposition of other peoples belief/faith or standard/level of faith
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 02, 2010
muhsin:

Salam,

Forgive me sister. But you obviously got me very, very wrong. Please get some rest, cool down and return; and then re-read my words.

I am 100% a Hausa and a Muslim but believe me I never see downlook at Yoruba Muslims. They in fact fascinate me because of some reasons that comprise below:

1- they mostly live with non-Muslims, i.e. Christians in the South but they literally resist Satan urge to be like their neighbours.

2- many of them have a number of non-Muslims among their kith and kins yet they remain Muslims. WE've an example (s) on NL.

3- some (sorry to say few) hold their religion, i.e. Islam so seriously.

3- etc for I am in frigging hurry. Till I come back.

Please once again: forgive your brother Muhsin; he means no disregard, disrespect, disppassion, etc. He likes all Muslims and regard them as the same and one as taught by the religion. Thanks for your good understanding. Cya

the person you have to thank for your own brand of Islam is Usman Dan Fodio.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by muhsin(m): 3:53pm On Feb 02, 2010
alimat 2:

@Mushin

Pls i mean no harm in my post,am sorry if u read otherwise.

Peace is what am preaching cos i hardly giv room 4 opposition of other peoples belief/faith or standard/level of faith

Thanks, Sis.

BTW, the name is not Mushin but Muhsin. cool
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by muhsin(m): 3:57pm On Feb 02, 2010
tpia., how u dey?

What are you saying?
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 02, 2010
muhsin:

Thanks, Sis.

BTW, the name is not Mushin but Muhsin. cool

Funny i also called u mushin one day b4 Alfa Olabowale corrected me. Mushin is a local govt in Lagos
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by alimat2(f): 5:07pm On Feb 02, 2010
toba:

Funny i also called u mushin one day b4 Alfa Olabowale corrected me. Mushin is a local govt in Lagos

sorry for the mistake.

You hav a nice name.It means The Perfect,But i think it will be nice if u put Abdul b4 the name
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 02, 2010
muhsin:

tpia., how u dey?

What are you saying?

you're hausa but you dont know your history.

Hence your observations about Yoruba muslims.

If you know much about Islam outside abuzola type rantings, you'll also acknowledge the many different Islamic theologies all over the world.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by skyone(m): 8:58pm On Feb 02, 2010
tpia.:

the person you have to thank for your own brand of Islam is Usman Dan Fodio.

grin grin grin
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by AbuZola3(m): 9:23pm On Feb 02, 2010
Tpia ~ it seems you don't know history, Islam came to Nigeria through sokoto the state of caliphate from uthman, from there it spread all across Nigeria.

If you want to prove me wrong tell us the name of the man the brought islam to the south from the arabia or north africa
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by AbuZola3(m): 9:45pm On Feb 02, 2010
Incase you don't know !

Islam is a sole religion.
It does not have any plurality or duality in it.
Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) practiced one Islam.
People can adulterate or pollute Islam but Islam itself stand on it own.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Nobody: 1:42am On Feb 03, 2010
Abu Zola:

Tpia ~ it seems you don't know history, Islam came to Nigeria through sokoto the state of caliphate from uthman, from there it spread all across Nigeria.

If you want to prove me wrong tell us the name of the man the brought islam to the south from the arabia or north africa

see what I mean by abuzola type rantings.

totally ignorant
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by muhsin(m): 12:06pm On Feb 03, 2010
tpia.:

If you know much about Islam outside abuzola type rantings, you'll also acknowledge the many different Islamic theologies all over the world.

You had me wondering; was that actually written by the tpia. I know and "cherished"; who read, comprehend before her usual succinct replies?

Any way, please tell me what substantiation did you devise to reach that conclusion? Thanks for your (yet) reply.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by muhsin(m): 12:24pm On Feb 03, 2010
toba:

I know. lol!

alimat 2:

sorry for the mistake.

You hav a nice name.It means The Perfect,But i think it will be nice if u put Abdul b4 the name

Does it really mean that? No, actually. Muhsin means Doer of Good. Many, many Qur'anic verses contain this name, e.g. Innallaha ma'al muhsineen, innallaha yuhibbul muhsineen, etc. More-over, it's a name of Nana Fadima's son--Prophet's grandson: Muhsin bn Aliyu bn Abu-Dalib. lol! cool
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2010
muhsin:

You had me wondering; was that actually written by the tpia. I know and "cherished"; who read, comprehend before her usual succinct replies?

Any way, please tell me what substantiation did you devise to reach that conclusion? Thanks for your (yet) reply.
if pple re guilty of incomprehension of others posts on NL,they re just 2.Abuzola&Seeker.Thats what tpia meant by rantings
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by muhsin(m): 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2010
toba:

if pple re guilty of incomprehension of others posts on NL,they re just 2.Abuzola&Seeker.Thats what tpia meant by rantings

Ain't refering to that portion of the reply. BUT where is bold, i.e. mentioning that "you're hausa but you dont know your history". Get it?
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Nezan(m): 12:59pm On Feb 03, 2010
Superiority chart of muslims in Nigeria in decreasing order:

/ Fulani muslims    \

/  Hausa muslims        \

/  Other Northern muslims\

/Yoruba muslims                    \

/Ibo muslims                               \

/ Other southern muslims                 \
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by muhsin(m): 1:07pm On Feb 03, 2010
Hi, Nez! You still there? Wonder. . .what has been blocking you these days. . . Hope nothing bad.

Regarding your chart: how accurate is it? What measures did you use in your findings?
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 03, 2010
muhsin:

tpia.:

the "hence" is a qualifier
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by muhsin(m): 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2010
What's not true about that observation? Tell me pls
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 04, 2010
^^ I dont really feel like getting bogged down in  long exaplantions right now, so, you win.

I'll respond later if it's necessary.

Afterall I'm not a Yoruba muslim so wetin actually concern me for this matter.

Its like stepping in one of those Saraki-and-Kwara- arent-Yoruba debates.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by AbuZola3(m): 9:04pm On Feb 04, 2010
No point ! *giggles*
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2010
^^ so gay
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by AbuZola3(m): 12:28am On Feb 05, 2010
*licking lip*
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Nobody: 1:23am On Feb 05, 2010
^^

Lip Chapping

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHEN TO SEE YOUR DOCTOR

* Your chapped lips develop severe cracks and fissures.

What Your Symptom Is Telling You

If your rough, peeling chapped lips could talk (on their own, that is), they'd beg for two things: moisture and something to seal the moisture in. But how do lips lose their moisture? If you have a common habit—lip-licking—you have a sure setup for chapping. Here's how it happens.

In dry air—a centrally heated house in winter, for example—moisture evaporates from your lips. Unconsciously, you notice that dry feeling and lick your lips to wet them again. Then, when this wetness evaporates, it robs your lips of even more moisture, so you feel the urge to lick again. A sunburn on the lips can also tempt you to lick and cause them to chap.

Another common cause of chapped lips is an allergic reaction to dyes in lipstick.

Some people have chapping mostly in the corners of their mouths, and the cause may be the shape of their lips. If your lips turn down at the corners when your face is relaxed, saliva may collect in the corners and cause the outside edges of your lips to chap.

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/16/134.cfm

you're quite welcome
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by AbuZola3(m): 7:25am On Feb 05, 2010
Did i tell u am using lipstick. Anyway thanks for the medical recommendation
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by muhsin(m): 11:31am On Feb 05, 2010
tpia.:

^^ I dont really feel like getting bogged down in  long exaplantions right now, so, you win.

I'll respond later if it's necessary.

Afterall I'm not a Yoruba muslim so wetin actually concern me for this matter.

Its like stepping in one of those Saraki-and-Kwara- arent-Yoruba debates.

I never knew you are that clever. Cheerio! grin
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 08, 2010
i disagree Muhsin,most Hausas dnt use their hijab,and even one of Abachas daughters had a white wedding,not even dressed islamic at all,the same with Yaradua's daughter, not wearing full hijab as a bride
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by alimat2(f): 7:10pm On Feb 08, 2010
^^^^^^^
They are under influence of money
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 08, 2010
i just wonder my sister,even some will just tie scarf revealing their neck, earings and necklace as if thats how Allah told us to dress
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by H2O2: 7:28pm On Feb 08, 2010
Doesn't Allah tell you a lotta other things, like stoning people to death. Must you follow those too?
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by AbuZola3(m): 10:28pm On Feb 08, 2010
H20- There are conditions for stoning adulterer.
you cannot stone adulterer where there is no sharia law.
You have to report the accused to the sharia court.
You have to present witnesses.
As for hijab there are two conditions,
the following are exempted from wearing hijab
An immature girl.
The opposite intimacy i.e man. Once you are a mature woman it is incumbent to wear hijab
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 08, 2010
Did Abu say he was over 40?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Difficult Question About Allah / Why Are There No Prophets In The Quran From West Africa Or Asia Or Americas? / True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.