Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,213 members, 7,970,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 03:50 PM

God And Pat Robertson. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God And Pat Robertson. (683 Views)

Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems / Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God And Pat Robertson. by mazaje(m): 12:30am On Jan 30, 2010
Should Pat Robertson's comments about the people of Haiti signing a pact with satan be really be so shocking after all?

In the Christian creation myth, Adam & Eve were placed into the garden of Eden next to an extremely tempting fruit and they Eve was later decieved by some serpent to eat from the tree even though she did not even know the weight of her actions because she did not have the knowledge of right and wrong. The important part of the story here is that according to the Christian hypothesis literally billions of people would come to suffer afterwards due to the actions of one person that was decieved by some serpent.

That being the case, is it really so surprising that the same God would punish modern day Haitians due to the actions of their forefathers many generations ago? I am finding it harder and harder to really condemn Pat Robertson on logical grounds at least from the point of view of his religion . . . . . Since his God has absolutely no problems with doing the same i.e punishing people for the crimes of their parents according to his beliefs . . . . . . So why should Christians condemn Pat Robertson? I know that there are many who do not. However, there are a large and very vocal amount of Christians condemning him loudly and vehemently. Isn't it sort of hypocritical? If those people want to be more like their God, wouldn't it make logical sense to agree with what Pat Robertson said?
Re: God And Pat Robertson. by Tudor6(f): 2:43am On Jan 30, 2010
I used to think pat robertson was dead until all of a sudden he's allover the news. . . .that guy looks 95, he must be senile.
Re: God And Pat Robertson. by Mudley313: 3:01am On Jan 30, 2010
Posted by: Tudór
he must be senile.

he is
Re: God And Pat Robertson. by Nobody: 5:12am On Jan 30, 2010
mazaje:

Should Pat Robertson's comments about the people of Haiti signing a pact with satan be really be so shocking after all?

In the Christian creation myth, Adam & Eve were placed into the garden of Eden next to an extremely tempting fruit and they Eve was later decieved by some serpent to eat from the tree even though she did not even know the weight of her actions because she did not have the knowledge of right and wrong. The important part of the story here is that according to the Christian hypothesis literally billions of people would come to suffer afterwards due to the actions of one person that was decieved by some serpent.

That being the case, is it really so surprising that the same God would punish modern day Haitians due to the actions of their forefathers many generations ago? I am finding it harder and harder to really condemn Pat Robertson on logical grounds at least from the point of view of his religion . . . . . Since his God has absolutely no problems with doing the same i.e punishing people for the crimes of their parents according to his beliefs . . . . . . So why should Christians condemn Pat Robertson? I know that there are many who do not. However, there are a large and very vocal amount of Christians condemning him loudly and vehemently. Isn't it sort of hypocritical? If those people want to be more like their God, wouldn't it make logical sense to agree with what Pat Robertson said?

if you check your link on the other earthquake thread you opened, pat Robertson said the earthquake was a result of some people signing a pact with the devil.

I didnt see anywhere in that particular report saying God was punishing Haiti with an earthquake for for their ancestors' actions. That was his view on katrina, not Haiti.

Just wanted to point that out.

In any case, all Christians dont have to agree with Pat robertson.
Re: God And Pat Robertson. by Joagbaje(m): 5:33pm On Jan 30, 2010
mazaje:

That being the case, is it really so surprising that the same God would punish modern day Haitians due to the actions of their forefathers many generations ago?

1. Creation is not a myth.

2. God didnt put the fruit in the garden to tempt Adam and Eve. The fruit was actualy meant for them but they eat
it prematurely

3.God is a good God and he was not behind the earth quake. Such disasters are caused by the devil.Jesus had warned that there would be such in this last days.

Rev. 12:12
Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Matthew 24:7
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Re: God And Pat Robertson. by Bobbyaf(m): 6:44am On Feb 01, 2010
Pat Robertson needs to apologize to the Haitian people. He is out of order. He has no right to sit in judgment as if he has no sins that he needs to confess.
Re: God And Pat Robertson. by richjohn1(m): 7:38am On Feb 01, 2010
Let the gunfires begins grin
Re: God And Pat Robertson. by dejiariyo: 7:23am On Feb 02, 2010
blah blah blah
Re: God And Pat Robertson. by dejiariyo: 7:24am On Feb 02, 2010
Joagbaje:

1. Creation is not a myth.

2. God didnt put the fruit in the garden to tempt Adam and Eve. The fruit was actualy meant for them but they eat
  it prematurely

3.God is a good God and he was not behind the earth quake. Such disasters are caused by the devil.Jesus had warned that there would be such in this last days.

Rev. 12:12
   Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Matthew 24:7
   For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

so i guess the devil must have created slaver,hurricane katrina,earth quake in china, poverty  and fuel scarcity in nigeria, yaradua disapearance e.t.c , the devil don suffer for christians hand
Re: God And Pat Robertson. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:53am On Feb 02, 2010
dejiariyo:

so i guess the devil must have created slaver,hurricane katrina,earth quake in china, poverty  and fuel scarcity in nigeria, yaradua disapearance e.t.c , the devil don suffer for christians hand

grin grin grin One of the reasons I love Christianity, you can blame the devil for all your sins and get forgiveness from God. If it rains enough for a good harvest, "God is ever-faithful to his loyal disciples" . if it rains too much to cause a flood and ruin the harvest, the "Devil is on the prowl". If we work hard at getting a Job and succeed, "God rewards us with his kindness" When we lose the Job? "He is preparing us for Greatness", when we cannot find another Job after a long while after much Fasting and Praying "The Devil is delaying my destiny"

(1) (Reply)

Aides Suggests That The First Lady Invite T.b Joshua To Heal The President / Could This Be The End Of Religions As We Know Them ? / British Atheists Are A Conservative Bunch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.