Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,256 members, 7,910,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 08:17 AM

Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) (5486 Views)

Fayose: Buhari Just Making Noise On Corruption. The Cable. / True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) / THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by sjeezy8: 4:48am On Jan 31, 2010
they said these guys work for Tinubu
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 31, 2010
so the battle has finally been joined - will this work out any differently from the past battles with godfathers that we have witnessed?
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by felele(m): 8:37am On Jan 31, 2010
The people making these accusations should please revert to their real name: The True Face of Tinubu and his Boys.

The accusations are all baseless. The most risible is the one about N290m/month on text messages, How desperate can they get in their attempt to nail Fashola, just cause he continues to patronize a contractor who continues to deliver on time, and on budget, unlike Hi-Tech, owned by Tinubu, who have failed so far in their efforts to widen Lekki-Epe expressway, a road in which they are a part owner (another issue Tinubu needs to be pulled up for - he sold a major road to himself!).

Tinubu should just quietly crawl back under the rock he came out of. Some of us have not forgotten his betrayal of NADECO Forum UK to Abacha and his goons.

WE WILL SPEAK AT THE RIGHT TIME.

Afikuyomi should also be careful. His antecedents as an "immigration consultant" in London are not forgotten, and the prosecution of his malfeasances while acting in that capacity are not timebound.
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by illusion2: 9:42am On Jan 31, 2010
aloy-emeka:

[size=18pt]All I know is that Fashola dey chop like other Nigerian thieves in power even though he spends a percentage of his loot on the state he is rulining.  Marwa stole and bought himself an airline, Bola Tinubu converted Lagos state to his private property and I am sure he is fighting with his boy Fashola because the  guy no gree make them loot the state clean. I am sure Fashola suggested they loot only 30% while he(Tinubu) is insisting on looting 95%. [/size] Tinubu is an active career criminal and he begat Fashola. The question remains for anyone here to answer: How can a Tiger give birth to a butterfly?

Fashola is smart because he knows that the day of reckoning is very near in Nigeria. The fear of the new  EFCC which will soon arise will  be  the beginning of wisdom.
You have put this succintly . . . .  . . . . . .
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by formunt(m): 7:52pm On Jan 31, 2010
Men against Fashola are Men known to depend on the use of unknown substances for living
Ex governors had taken more money with them than any body. Tinubu is planning to establish a mega News Paper Factory and
there was Governor before Tinubu, who had taken so much money than can be counted. There was Arkigbe, and Warwa go to them find out what was with the money.
Foolish people leave this man alone.
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by blacksta(m): 7:58pm On Jan 31, 2010
formunt:

Men against Fashola are Men known to depend on the use of unknown substances for living
Ex governors had taken more money with them than any body. Tinubu is planning to establish a mega News Paper Factory and
there was Governor before Tinubu, who had taken so much money than can be counted. There was Arkigbe, and Warwa go to them find out what was with the money.
Foolish people leave this man alone.
Wrong mentality bros - no wonder we are very backward - One's lower level of malpractices cannot not automatically class one as a saint amongst crooks. A thief is still a thief whether is N1 or N1 billion. With fashola it looks like the cookie is crumbling as his backers require access to the coffers - which is very sad considering his achievement for Lagos.
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 31, 2010
[b]Not even the EFCC will probe BRF. Because they know theres nothing wrong with his administation.
Do you think that every spoons and forks and notebooks purchased by the LASG cost the same #10 stuff you purchase? Theres always bound to be some unaccountable waste, and misappropriation. Can anyone here prove that they can totally account for how they spend their earnings? Without some lose change or excessive or impulsive waste? If Fashola EVER gets impeach, not only will Nigeria lose its last redeeming image, the country would end up labelling itself as the MOST USELESS and ANTI-PROGRESSIVE on the globe.
No one Holy Pass. Yaradua has tried and he was smart enough to backdown. I hope Tinubu and those other honorable members of the AC do something about this before they send this governor over to PDP. And I dont care what everyone here says about him, hes the only leader in this country who has done something for me and my family.
BRF is going through this transition and will emerge alot more mature and more politically smart and shrewd. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.
GOD BLESS FASHOLA. You are in my prayers all the time.[/b]
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by Songbird5: 9:35pm On Jan 31, 2010
when he insist on generating revenue by raising taxes you should expect a greater level of public scrutiny than his predecessors who just looted straight from the state treasury, no ?
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by ziga: 10:27pm On Jan 31, 2010
With the kind of politics and lawlessness of almost every individual in Nigeria, it is impossible to have a one-man saint.

I know it will be very hard for Fashola to be a complete saint even if he wanted to, otherwise, he wouldn't be given the chance to do a tenth of all the things he has done so far.

A lot of Nigerians still appreciate all that he has done and he has integrity on his side. Therefore, these allegations have to be proven before any sane person should regard them.
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by kshow1(m): 10:31pm On Jan 31, 2010
We need accountability as tax payers.
More money more looting cos the state is super rich.
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by jaso1(m): 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2010
@ All,
Who want to do a samatarian Job in this world? the issue with fash is well known with the godfather that install him, so don't blame him if the guy stand alone it another story but with the situation on ground he should be free from every assaul.
talk to you latter.
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by Kay17: 11:44pm On Jan 31, 2010
i do not there is anything wrong with the need for accountability, its a necessary evil of taxation. blacksta shuld not be victimized doing the right thing, the fact that Fashola is building roads does not exempt from criminal responsibility.
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 01, 2010
apparently when tinubu fled naiaj (nadeco days) fashola managed his properties etal ad did not enrich himself

tinubu mistook integrity for blind loyalty . . .and here we are

its sad

the question is - are lagosians going to stand up, or just watch?
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by Nobody: 12:15am On Feb 01, 2010
aasog. can u please tell us what BRF did for u and your family that'll make u turn a blind eye to such accusation? Have you ever observed politics of godfatherism in naija? Tinubu will never allow a saint become govenor in lagos cos the state is his goldmine. Got my drift?
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by sjeezy8: 2:02am On Feb 01, 2010
Blacksta is talking SHET without knowing the facts of what going on SJEEZY on the other hands knows his shiot ya know.
deleted the stuvs i wrote before yo(dont want you hataz all up in las gidi business)
Fashola is the correct guy for Lagos state- some of you clowns should actually KNOW YOUR FACTS before yarning shet

O yea Lagosians are supposed to protesting sometime for Fashola soon dunno when tho
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by Fhemmmy: 3:03am On Feb 01, 2010
If this is true, i am scared to wanna see part 2
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by mbulela: 6:06am On Feb 01, 2010
aloy-emeka:

All I know is that Fashola dey chop like other Nigerian thieves in power even though he spends a percentage of his loot on the state he is rulining.  Marwa stole and bought himself an airline, Bola Tinubu converted Lagos state to his private property and I am sure he is fighting with his boy Fashola because the  guy no gree make them loot the state clean. I am sure Fashola suggested they loot only 30% while he is insisting on looting 95%.
Tinubu is an active career criminal and he begat Fashola. The question remains for anyone here to answer: How can a Tiger give birth to a butterfly?

Fashola is smart because he knows that the day of reckoning is very near in Nigeria. The fear of the new  EFCC which will soon arise will  be  the beginning of wisdom.
you have restored my belief in the intelligence of the members of this forum.
In a humorous way, you have made plain the intricacies involved in this squabble that many have spent pages of newspaper articles pontificating.
I will listen to any genuine accuser of Fashola but not Tinubu, he has no right to accuse BRF.He is the worst of the barbarians.
I just hope this fight will go full scale and destroy the myth called BAT.
The man is a fraud.
Why Fashola has not booted out that charlatan called Afikuyomi beats me.
anyone looking for a saint in the Nigerian political space is a joker and completely deluded.
what we need are men and women that will loot with a conscience, who have a vision to perform and the will to execute that vision.
at present, we are saddled with crooks with no other intention but to empty the treasury.
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by adedayoone: 6:55am On Feb 01, 2010
An there we go again , complain complain complain . Thats about all we know how to do . Other states dont have nothing to show , lagos state is proud of fashola and now all of a sudden some faceless bastards have started this stupidness . Where were they all the while, all of a sudden fashola refuses to renew the Alpha beta deal and now they start yapping(PS: Alpha beta is a consulting firm in charge of lagos state tax being paid N4 billion/ month ) .

I want to digress a little bit , me and my friends as we always do when we meet were discussing about Nigeria and its problems , one of us claimed to be ashamed of shell for ripping people off in the niger delta and irritated that the government was not doing anything about it and i said " the only reason why shell could do that is because some ignorant bastards have met with them and advised them to cut costs by bribing a certain few at the expense of the populace" . Its not a new thing been like that since the time they offered our fore fathers mirrors and gin in exchange for people .

I am not even going to bother myself to read all d allegations , could they be true ? I dont know and i dont care , what i know is since fashola became lagos state governor , lagos state has witnessed significant change . I mean all calibres of people in lagos state have come out to say this , even other states are asking to borrow fashola as governor for just 2 weeks .

It would be a shame if lagosians buy this , would be a bigger shame if nigerian youths buy this, how many times have we read different things in the news , can we verify them ? NO , do we know if they are malicious/ for personal interests of the poster ? No

What we know for sure is what we can see with our eyes in Lagos state . Bottom line : Fashola has brought significant change to lagos within a short period of time , support him or go to aso rock and try to remove yaradua . Otherwise just shut up and look ( That seems to be our strongest point in nigeria. )Siddon look.
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by toba1909(m): 8:22am On Feb 01, 2010
What do we really want in this country?

If you're a performing political office holder, you'll find out some people ain't happy with you because of your doggedness.

What do we say of some office holders that doesn't have anything on ground to boast of?
Abeg Fashola don do well!

Na who dey work for pulpit dey chop for pulpit. cool
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by An0nimus: 8:35am On Feb 01, 2010
Show me a Naija politician thats a saint and i'll show u a cripple that runs faster than Usain bolt. grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by toba1909(m): 8:38am On Feb 01, 2010
An0nimus:

Show me a Naija politician thats a saint and i'll show u a cripple that runs faster than Usain bolt. grin

Ask him again and again wink
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by nethacker(m): 8:39am On Feb 01, 2010
I dont understand Nigerians again ooo. Once u r performing ur duties as expected of u,the next thing is a Pull Him Down(Ph.D) strategy from da Godfathers, OJUYOBO OOOOO be careful ooo, wale ologundudu will soon release a track(elergy) on how u misappropriated lagos funds  angry
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by Oba234: 8:53am On Feb 01, 2010
adedayoone:

An there we go again , complain complain complain . Thats about all we know how to do . Other states dont have nothing to show , lagos state is proud of fashola and now all of a sudden some faceless bastards have started this stupidness . Where were they all the while, all of a sudden fashola refuses to renew the Alpha beta deal and now they start yapping(PS: Alpha beta is a consulting firm in charge of lagos state tax being paid N4 billion/ month ) .

I want to digress a little bit , me and my friends as we always do when we meet were discussing about Nigeria and its problems , one of us claimed to be ashamed of shell for ripping people off in the niger delta and irritated that the government was not doing anything about it and i said " the only reason why shell could do that is because some ignorant bastards have met with them and advised them to cut costs by bribing a certain few at the expense of the populace" . Its not a new thing been like that since the time they offered our fore fathers mirrors and gin in exchange for people .

I am not even going to bother myself to read all d allegations , could they be true ? I dont know and i dont care , what i know is since fashola became lagos state governor , lagos state has witnessed significant change . I mean all calibres of people in lagos state have come out to say this , even other states are asking to borrow fashola as governor for just 2 weeks .

It would be a shame if lagosians buy this , would be a bigger shame if nigerian youths buy this, how many times have we read different things in the news , can we verify them ? NO , do we know if they are malicious/ for personal interests of the poster ? No

What we know for sure is what we can see with our eyes in Lagos state . Bottom line : Fashola has brought significant change to lagos within a short period of time , support him or go to aso rock and try to remove yaradua . Otherwise just shut up and look ( That seems to be our strongest point in nigeria. )Siddon look.

your post makes the mosy sense. How credible is this? How do we even know this is the truth. Lagosians can see the difference and thats all the matter.

Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by styles2009: 11:05pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ All

Some simple and straight questions:

If the Federal Government took up projects and spend the percentage Fashola's Governments is currently spending, then you would as for accountability? How many projects are being carried out in Niger-Delta? Please, the are more concreate Projects to investigate about.

Styles

NB: If he embezzle money and the state is in perfect condition in compare to others, i guess he's paying himself for a Job well done.
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by Kay17: 2:17am On Mar 18, 2010
styles2009:

@ All

Some simple and straight questions:

If the Federal Government took up projects and spend the percentage Fashola's Governments is currently spending, then you would as for accountability? How many projects are being carried out in Niger-Delta? Please, the are more concreate Projects to investigate about.

Styles

NB: If he embezzle money and the state is in perfect condition in compare to others, i guess he's paying himself for a Job well done.
i do not think a defence to murder is pointing out another one. undecided

1 Like

Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 18, 2010
I'm native Lagosian. Even though I hate Fashola, I don't see him as corrupt, I see him as unconstitutional because he tried to claim our family land with unconstitutional means instead of renting it angry angry. We had a deal with the government since the land was needed for a community school, all of a sudden letters started flying  of threats of confiscation of native property which ended in court and he lost. How ever he still rented the land. I don't know how corrupt he is but I do know he is unconstitutional and has some educated geniuses working with him. He has a think tank company working for him so he's hard to deal with if you don't know your right. And please he is better than all the present governors.
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by faisal015: 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2010
There are now products on the market called "go between loans" which are much more user friendly than the old "bridging loan".

I am a supporter of bridging loans.So that, I think a financial agent is always a helping hand of keeping   you safe from the curse of debt.So anytime you are facing problem of having low cash you go to these agents.I can assure you that you will not get refused by them.Whatever your requirments are just go and talk to thier consultant.They will give you the the best opportunity.
I can recommened you one financial lone provider company.

Visit here: Bridging loans
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by Ejine(m): 3:15am On Dec 20, 2011
Hmmm. . . smiley
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by Pygru: 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by solomon111(m): 1:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
Pygru: Hmmm
My brother,na so we see am o.
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by Pygru: 2:53pm On Jul 12, 2013
solomon111: My brother,na so we see am o.
nawah ooo
Re: Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) by mindtricks: 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! / video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 / I Met The Treasury Empty And I , Left It Empty Says, Gej.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.