Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,729 members, 7,875,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:32 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2168073 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1365) (1366) (1367) (1368) (1369) (1370) (1371) ... (1759) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 1:06pm On Mar 09, 2023
TechGeek777:
From recent videos I have watched, they said latest/recent Felicity charge controller are built not to take power from your battery at all, this means you can only use the CC when there's pv available.

Also, when there's cloud The CC will be showing fault mode if the pv is not sufficient to power the CC.

At night the CC WON'T display at all, and from the videos the CC wakes up at about 7am.

So your CC is doing perfectly fine.

The motion is to conserve battery.

All modern Felicity CC now have this feature embedded.

Interesting decision. I don't really know how much they will be conserving with this. I guess I just need to get us to a CC that dies in the night and wakes up in the morning. I'm used to CC I can always check on whatever the situation of the panel. Thank you for your help.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 1:17pm On Mar 09, 2023
adrusa:

Interesting decision. I don't really know how much they will be conserving with this. I guess I just need to get us to a CC that dies in the night and wakes up in the morning. I'm used to CC I can always check on whatever the situation of the panel. Thank you for your help.

Thanks bro, do you mind staying the inverter model/series you connected the CC to?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Functionalsol: 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2023
Victron Multiplus 3kva 24V available for sale.

Price:N1,250,000

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vefexam: 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2023
Please I want to buy an AC, as I plan on powering everything in my house through solar in the future

Can someone please tell me how many kWh this AC will consume.

(First image is an inverter AC, second image is a normal AC)

Also, I want to learn solar system design and installation, if there is someone that offer such services in Port Harcourt, I am willing to pay.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 1:57pm On Mar 09, 2023
vefexam:
Please I want to buy an AC, as I plan on powering everything in my house through solar in the future

Also, I want to learn solar system design and installation, if there is someone that offer such services in Port Harcourt, I am willing to pay.

Where are the images?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vefexam: 2:02pm On Mar 09, 2023
TechGeek777:

Where are the images?

Posted the images, wasn't uploading on my phone had to use a pc.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 2:03pm On Mar 09, 2023
vefexam:

Learning here is free if you can take your time
to study this thread.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 3:19pm On Mar 09, 2023
vefexam:

The first inverter AC will consume 1321W initially before dropping to 824W when good cooling level is reached, while the second non-inverter AC will maintain 1200W or more irrespective of the cooling level attained

How many hp are these ACs?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vefexam: 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2023
dollarnaira:

Learning here is free if you can take your time
to study this thread.

Thanks, i am gradually reading the thread and also learning.... but what i really need is experience.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 3:27pm On Mar 09, 2023
vefexam:

Thanks, i am gradually reading the thread and also learning.... but what i really need is experience.

I get your point now.
But u can start the experience with urself by installing a simple system that can power sth small.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vefexam: 3:28pm On Mar 09, 2023
TechGeek777:

The first inverter AC will consume 1321W initially before dropping to 824W when good cooling level is reached, while the second non-inverter AC will maintain 1200W or more irrespective of the cooling level attained

How many hp are these ACs?

oh! thanks. For the inverter AC is there any timing in seconds before it will drop to 824W.
These are 1hp AC.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 3:38pm On Mar 09, 2023
vefexam:

oh! thanks. For the inverter AC is there any timing in seconds before it will drop to 824W.
These are 1hp AC.

Can't tell, but things like how hot the room is, voltage supply etc will determine that.

Note: If you will be going for normal AC, you are better off with non-hybrid inverter with separate CC.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 5:06pm On Mar 09, 2023
TechGeek777:

Thanks bro, do you mind staying the inverter model/series you connected the CC to?

I'm using a Felicity 7.5KVA transformer inverter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kabawhat: 6:08pm On Mar 09, 2023
Just this month alone I done buy like how many USB cable don't know maybe it's the

Charger or
USB or
Na the solar system
Am using ooooh

But the solar inverter is pure sine wave

If I should buy another USB cable now my phone will fast charge

Could it be the charger head or USB or inverter abegi elder in the house

I have been charging this phone since in the morning still 17 percentage
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by rodgers: 6:17pm On Mar 09, 2023
Polaris1:
DC 12 volts, 6 watts
Cool, Led light bulbs.
Screw holder.
12 pcs. Sold together.
9,600 Naira. Surulere Lagos.

Where is your location in Surulere?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vefexam: 7:35pm On Mar 09, 2023
TechGeek777:

Note: If you will be going for normal AC, you ate better off with non-hybrid inverter with separate CC.

Can you please explain this part
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 8:22pm On Mar 09, 2023
adrusa:
For the felicity crew in the house, I need some help and information.

I bought a new 120A Felicity Charge Controller yesterday, but it appears to be working differently from the previous one I have. I expect the Charge Controller to come up when I connect it to battery, but it does not. It only came up after I connected the panel. However, once it is dark, the controller died again. It woke up again this money once the sun came up.

The previous one wakes up even in the middle of the night when I press the on/menu button.

Can anyone with recent Felicity Charge Controller please share their experience with me.

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zquloyb4LbM

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vta2008: 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2023
Thanks to NiyiOmoIyunade, FEGEITOK and others that have been speaking about lightning wahala, I never knew it was a problem till this evening.

Just got off the phone with my installer and he said he didn't add it to the initial setup cost as he saw I was a bit worried about extra costs. SMH.

If he had explained the need for it, I would have sourced the money by fire by force as replacing all my damaged electronics would be more expensive.

Anyway, the rains have not started here in Sokoto till maybe May, so he'll setup the lightning protection etc. by the end of this month or early next month after pay day...will cost me N180K.

Thanks again guys ❤️❤️
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:07pm On Mar 09, 2023
Kabawhat:
Just this month alone I done buy like how many USB cable don't know maybe it's the

Charger or
USB or
Na the solar system
Am using ooooh

But the solar inverter is pure sine wave

If I should buy another USB cable now my phone will fast charge

Could it be the charger head or USB or inverter abegi elder in the house

I have been charging this phone since in the morning still 17 percentage

Possibility of buying wrong cord over and over is high. Try install acubattery app as this will show u d charging amp. As u plug in ur cable it will display the amperage for u. Amp from 900mah to 1600mah higher/lower.

The fact that an icon of charging appears doesn't guarantee sufficient amp. Even a negative value will display this icon.

To vary ur charging value turn on/off the charging socket or plug n unplug d charging head.

The acubattery will give u better info.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Polaris1: 10:35pm On Mar 09, 2023
rodgers:

Where is your location in Surulere?
Masha R/about.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 11:59pm On Mar 09, 2023
NiyiOmoIyunade:
If you are getting intermittent overload errors on the inverter when there are apparently no loads on then that is clearly a wiring issue.

Apart from crossed neutrals consider the possibility of some wires on the load side shorting together from time to time - degraded insulation, water ingress into external lights, faulty equipment e.g water pump or other device shorting internally (what local electricians call a 'back feed') are likely causes.

These kinds of problem typically require some inspired troubleshooting to narrow down else it may be a long and bumpy ride.

If you clearly have a wiring issue then using AC Out #2 will not address that.

be like na that long and bumpy I de so cool. You have been very helpful, I'm grateful.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 1:18am On Mar 10, 2023
vefexam:

Can you please explain this part

Hybrid inverters don't like surge, hence I suggested you go for non-hybrid for normal AC.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 1:32am On Mar 10, 2023
adrusa:

I'm using a Felicity 7.5KVA transformer inverter.

Okay, is this IVPS7548 and what's the No Load Power?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 3:16am On Mar 10, 2023
vta2008:
Thanks to NiyiOmo.Iyunade, FEGE.ITOK and others that have been speaking about lightning wahala, I never knew it was a problem till this evening.

Just got off the phone with my installer and he said he didn't add it to the initial setup cost as he saw I was a bit worried about extra costs. SMH.

If he had explained the need for it, I would have sourced the money by fire by force as replacing all my damaged electronics would be more expensive.

Anyway, the rains have not started here in Sokoto till maybe May, so he'll setup the lightning protection etc. by the end of this month or early next month after pay day...will cost me N180K.

Thanks again guys ❤️❤️

glad to be of help.

Use these words to pick up the most relevant posts "earth rod", "earth mat" and "lightning" and I believe you would be good.

Lots of gems in this forum.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:06am On Mar 10, 2023
Thanks MR Usman (Benin city) for the patronage, God bless you.
Items purchased!!!

1 unit of 15kwh 48v felicity lithium battery
1 unit of 7.5kwh 48v felicity lithium battery
1 unit of 5kva 48v ivem felicity hybrid inverter.

Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

We deliver anywhere… Distance isn’t a barrier!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:09am On Mar 10, 2023
7.5kwh 48v felicity lithium battery available, #1,070,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:10am On Mar 10, 2023
All felicity products available.

Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 8:27am On Mar 10, 2023
https : // chat.whatsapp. com/IF8uZe7e0w1FtDTphHapNp (remove spaces to use the link)

I am working on closing a substantial cache of broken pv panels, just like the last one I did. A couple of people both here and offline have indicated interest for these items, plus I think I MAY not have access to these panels again in the future for some reasons.... So if interested use the link to join the WhatsApp group so I can coordinate things better from there.

Let's go.

Edit: some persons are having trouble joining, so I have put another link. Please try again. Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:24am On Mar 10, 2023
EASTMAN / INFINITY GROUP OF PRODUCT AVAILABLE! GET YOURS NOW!!!

VRLA AGM battery
42Ah@75,000
65Ah@108,000
100Ah@125,000
200Ah@230,000

Eastman / Infinity Tubular Battery:
200Ah@150,000
220Ah@162,000
240Ah@170,000

Eastman power inverter:
1700va/24v@115,000
2.2kva/24v@140,000

Made in India.
Products comes with standard warranty.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:49am On Mar 10, 2023
Bestcom / Twintech solar panels now available!!

180w... Twintech 45k
220w... Twintech 62k
300w... Twintech 81k
300w... Bestcom 84k
360w... Twintech 91k
540w... Bestcom 145k

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 12:06pm On Mar 10, 2023
FEGEITOK:
After determining what to buy I started looking for it on the Schneider website and decided to buy the A9R41263.

By going online first, and thanks to the Schneider website, I already had a fair idea of pricing before stepping out to make the purchase

Update:

RCDs rock.

Water flowed into the wiring of the freezer and the RCD kept tripping.

I would turn it on, it would turn itself off once the stabilizer timer went off. After this happened a couple of times, I took a second and deeper look at the wiring between the freezer and the wall outlet, low and behold, water had made its way into the wiring.

Once the wiring was replaced, the tripping stopped.

A couple of times I tried to remove an electrical plug and the RCD tripped.

I cannot confirm if an ELCB would have behaved that way as I cannot replicate the test.

But it is good to know that if something went wrong, the RCB would spring into action to stop electricity flowing through the house until the fault was fixed.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:29pm On Mar 10, 2023
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) ...

12v 200a .... N26,000
12v 150a.....N20,500
12v 100a.......N12,500
2v 500a ......N8,000

Join the bandwagon & make cool cash from your old dead or swollen deep cycle batteries.

Free pickup within some parts of Lagos mainland ! Shared cost logistics within Lagos Island environs . . If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver (shared logistics cost depending on scrap battery quantity)

Contact,
CALL:: 081-350-31951

(1) (2) (3) ... (1365) (1366) (1367) (1368) (1369) (1370) (1371) ... (1759) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: obinna37(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.