Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,634 members, 7,914,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:36 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2232774 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1366) (1367) (1368) (1369) (1370) (1371) (1372) ... (1785) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 12:30pm On Mar 10, 2023
wickedness in high places shocked

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 12:53pm On Mar 10, 2023
ARE YOU A CONTRACTOR / AN END USER THAT IS IN NEED OF A QUALITY AND EFFECTIVE UPS BRAND SUCH AS Emerson/ Vertiv from 6kva to 1000kva, call/watsapp us on 08066332919

We offices in Lagos and Abuja, we also do nationwide delivery.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 2:27pm On Mar 10, 2023
Valto:

shocked shocked shocked
Alaba wizards.
80% of Alaba business guys is laced with wickedness.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2023
Any review of this generator pls.

Where can one get it?
Do you think its durable?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mangolpupa: 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2023
vta2008:
Thanks to NiyiOmoIyunade, FEGEITOK and others that have been speaking about lightning wahala, I never knew it was a problem till this evening.

Just got off the phone with my installer and he said he didn't add it to the initial setup cost as he saw I was a bit worried about extra costs. SMH.

If he had explained the need for it, I would have sourced the money by fire by force as replacing all my damaged electronics would be more expensive.

Anyway, the rains have not started here in Sokoto till maybe May, so he'll setup the lightning protection etc. by the end of this month or early next month after pay day...will cost me N180K.

Thanks again guys ❤️❤️

You're on the right path. Just for your information, as has been mentioned here before, lightning strike doesn't need rain before it lashes out.

For your earthing solution, in order of "superiority"

1) GEM based earthing (maintenance free, @ least 30yrs)
2) Bentonite based earthing (low maintenance)
3) charcoal, industrial salt, manure based earthing (high maintenance)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:40pm On Mar 10, 2023
Trippledots:

be like na that long and bumpy I de so cool. You have been very helpful, I'm grateful.

That thing can be very tricky bro. It could be one tiny nonsense socket In the living room causing all the troubles. You can try to isolate all loads and reintroduction them to find the culprit.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:47pm On Mar 10, 2023
Valto:

Hahahaha mehn. Don't just buy cheap things. That's all I can say.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vta2008: 9:00pm On Mar 10, 2023
FEGEITOK:

glad to be of help.

Use these words to pick up the most relevant posts "earth rod", "earth mat" and "lightning" and I believe you would be good.

Lots of gems in this forum.

One more question abeg. This lightning protection can be uprooted easily when I change apartments right? The installations I'm seeing look permanent 🤦‍♂️
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vta2008: 9:23pm On Mar 10, 2023
mangolpupa:

You're on the right path. Just for your information, as has been mentioned here before, lightning strike doesn't need rain before it lashes out.

For your earthing solution, in order of "superiority"

1) GEM based earthing (maintenance free, @ least 30yrs)
2) Bentonite based earthing (low maintenance)
3) charcoal, industrial salt, manure based earthing (high maintenance)

Thanks for the list of solutions. All I need to know now is if the setup can be easily moved when switching apartments. Spending N180K everytime person move na die.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mangolpupa: 9:37pm On Mar 10, 2023
vta2008:

Thanks for the list of solutions. All I need to know now is if the setup can be easily moved when switching apartments. Spending N180K everytime person move na die.

Of all three solutions, Theoretically (as I haven't done it personally) the one that can be moved from one house to another will be GEM based earthing. This is because upon application it sets like cement with the earth rod inside it and you can lower it to the design depth and forget about it. So conversely, if you want to transfer to another location, you carefully dig around it and gently pry it out like you are digging out a long tuber of yam 🍠. grin

I asked around and a bag of GEM of 11kg is about 45k. You would need at least 2 bags to get a mixture with correct density for the lowest application volume as per manufacturers recommendations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 10:39pm On Mar 10, 2023
Make una take this thunder, lightening matter serious pass your setup, thunder destroy our parish building of nothing less than 4 years structure for Benin City yesterday morning, thank God say no parishioners dey around.

justcallmanuel, Zeestone99 & valto I get una for mind na money I dey gather to go inverter way first before I add solar later.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 11:02pm On Mar 10, 2023
TechGeek777:
Make una take this thunder, lightening matter serious pass your setup, thunder destroy our parish building of nothing less than 4 years structure for Benin City yesterday morning, thank God say no parishioners dey around.

justcallmanuel, Zeestone99 & valto I get una for mind na money I dey gather to go inverter way first before I add solar later.

My gee i see you baba.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 9:33am On Mar 11, 2023
Do you not think with this feature, their CC can now wake up BMS from sleeping mode? Since it would ping the battery when PV power is available.

TechGeek777:
From recent videos I have watched, they said latest/recent Felicity charge controller are built not to take power from your battery at all, this means you can only use the CC when there's pv available.

Also, when there's cloud The CC will be showing fault mode if the pv is not sufficient to power the CC.

At night the CC WON'T display at all, and from the videos the CC wakes up at about 7am.

So your CC is doing perfectly fine.

The motion is to conserve battery.

All modern Felicity CC now have this feature embedded.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vta2008: 9:39am On Mar 11, 2023
mangolpupa:

Of all three solutions, Theoretically (as I haven't done it personally) the one that can be moved from one house to another will be GEM based earthing. This is because upon application it sets like cement with the earth rod inside it and you can lower it to the design depth and forget about it. So conversely, if you want to transfer to another location, you carefully dig around it and gently pry it out like you are digging out a long tuber of yam 🍠. grin

I asked around and a bag of GEM of 11kg is about 45k. You would need at least 2 bags to get a mixture with correct density for the lowest application volume as per manufacturers recommendations.

😂😂😂 e don enter farming things. Thanks a lot. I'll discuss the GEM option with the installation guy when my money complete.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 9:45am On Mar 11, 2023
vta2008:

One more question abeg. This lightning protection can be uprooted easily when I change apartments right? The installations I'm seeing look permanent 🤦‍♂️

Rented compound? then I think you should do bentonite not GEM!

That is because of the cost, but then I am saying based on reviewing the literature not personal experience or practice.

Let the gurus weigh in.

Alternatively contact Niyi so you can get it cheap, cause I have gone online and it has been hell getting pricing.

Given how important this is, it is good to be sure that your 180,000 is being spent wisely.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 12:44pm On Mar 11, 2023
My panels are producing or harvesting electric power in watts beyond the value on the nameplate.

Is that a common occurrence?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 12:58pm On Mar 11, 2023
zeestone99:

That thing can be very tricky bro. It could be one tiny nonsense socket In the living room causing all the troubles. You can try to isolate all loads and reintroduction them to find the culprit.

Very annoying bros. Although the only variable I can associate this with is grid connection and disconnection and this is done automatically via a relay-controlled contactor panel box... The client is a business centre that has load supply switched off every night, yet the issue still floats like a POS even at midnight angry
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 1:04pm On Mar 11, 2023
FEGEITOK:
My panels are producing or harvesting electric power in watts beyond the value on the nameplate.

Is that a common occurrence?

Not common, but premium. I think that's one xteristics that sets premium modules apart from others. Enjoy.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 1:21pm On Mar 11, 2023
Trippledots:

Not common, but premium. I think that's one xteristics that sets premium modules apart from others. Enjoy.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 2:31pm On Mar 11, 2023
Still available!!!

viperVIP:
Growatt SPF 5000 ES control board for sale.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 3:19pm On Mar 11, 2023
Unadulterated wickedness.

Na this kind thing go make installation differ greatly from design spec. Imagine thinking you have 2 x 200ah whereas you only have 2 x 100ah.

Is there like an infrared device to try to scan the interior of batteries.

Modified
On a second look, it seems it is even a car battery they put inside, not even a lower capacity deep cycle battery.

Valto:

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 4:11pm On Mar 11, 2023
ojesymsym:
Unadulterated wickedness.

Na this kind thing go make installation differ greatly from design spec. Imagine thinking you have 2 x 200AH whereas you only have 2 x 100ah.

Is there like an infrared device to try to scan the interior of batteries.
most times, by their prices u will know them. nothing goes for nothing. most original 200ah AGM is around 220k now,so if u see a 200ah AGM battery for 130k/140k,u should run for your life cheesy
likewise most of the popular lithium battery brands in naija, non is real capacity and most of them use grade B used cells.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 4:25pm On Mar 11, 2023
Valto:

Damn.....is that beach sand inside. After 6 months the battery will give up, and the installer will start wondering what went wrong
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mangolpupa: 4:43pm On Mar 11, 2023
vta2008:

😂😂😂 e don enter farming things. Thanks a lot. I'll discuss the GEM option with the installation guy when my money complete.

Lol....... na farming things sure pass cheesy cheesy. I will upload some literature as soon as disposed so that you'll be better informed when discussing with your solar installer. Being a knowledgeable client is always useful.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mangolpupa: 4:52pm On Mar 11, 2023
What type of protection (and why?) should be added to an Hybrid Inverter AC OUT line. I recall zeestone once mentioned that safety devices should also be added downstream (AC OUT) an inverter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:40pm On Mar 11, 2023
viperVIP:
Still available!!!

How much?
What of the mppt board, do you have it...price?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temitimx19(m): 6:47pm On Mar 11, 2023
Hello house, can I use 6pcs 12v 220ah tubular batteries with this 5kva inverter ?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2023
temitimx19:
Hello house, can I use 6pcs 12v 220ah tubular batteries with this 5kva inverter ?
no. this is a 48v inverter. u can only use 4 pcs or 8pcs

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temitimx19(m): 10:48pm On Mar 11, 2023
Valto:
no. this is a 48v inverter. u can only use 4 pcs or 8pcs
Thank you so much
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 1:34am On Mar 12, 2023
zeestone99:

My gee i see you baba.

Boss man, I hail

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 1:58am On Mar 12, 2023
viperVIP:
Do you not think with this feature, their CC can now wake up BMS from sleeping mode? Since it would ping the battery when PV power is available.

I believe it should based on what's written on it "lithium battery wake up function".

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 8:52am On Mar 12, 2023
temitimx19:

That is one strong inverter. Does it primary function well. Mine is 2 years going and reliable. 48v means you need minimum of 4* 12v battery, next 8, 12 etc. Multiple of 4.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1366) (1367) (1368) (1369) (1370) (1371) (1372) ... (1785) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: gadgetplanetng, Oshomo12(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.