Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,855 members, 7,879,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:19 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2174043 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) ... (1763) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 9:16am On Jun 19, 2023
desiji:

The Comster is a single starnd wire it is not good for long distances,also all Joint or connection points are position of losses rather look for strand wires long ones without joining, strands cables distribute electrons more they are expensive but worth the Money

The previous connection had 3-5 joins, but this new connection has no Join.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sintolord(m): 11:00am On Jun 19, 2023
The margin of difference in moving electricity from one point to another between stranded and solid copper wires in AC application is small.

Also, for outdoor application, solid seems to better because of corrosion at the point of joining cables together. If solid is corroded, get sand paper & brush of the corrosion but as for stranded, you have to cut the corroded part out & at times, what you may need to cut could be much.

desiji:

The Comster is a single starnd wire it is not good for long distances,also all Joint or connection points are position of losses rather look for strand wires long ones without joining, strands cables distribute electrons more they are expensive but worth the Money
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2023
it is about to go down part 1

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2023
it is about to go down part 2

Still delaying that investment in solar? inverter? batteries?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by finebois(m): 2:34pm On Jun 19, 2023
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2023
Valentinooo:
Good evening house, please I want to set up a frozen food shop for my wife. So I want to set up a 2kw solar system for her. She will be running only 2 inverter freezers 100w each for maybe 9am to 6pm. The set up will be done in the house and we will extend the wire to the shop in front of the house (Like 60yards distance).

Here are the things I planned for, hope I am on the right track?

1. 535w jinko panel (2)

2. 2ka inverter (don't know which to buy yet) please if you have any suggestions.

3. 60a mppt charge controller

4. 12v 160ah Lifepo4 battery

5. 60yards 10mm² cables

6. AC Spd 275v tomzn and Dc Spd 500v tomzn

Only the two freezers are going to be used. Please, am I on track with the above? If not please advise me anywhere you feel is not okay

Contact me for your jinko panels and spds.
Contact valto for batteries
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 7:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
TechGeek777:

Boss are you sure of this?

If he should add two more panels as suggested (making it 2140w), can his 60a CC produce more than 800w for his 12v system?

You are absolutely correct, I didn't think about his voltage. I use 48V and my thoughts were wired along that line. I think he should consider a 24 or 48V inverter. 12V inverter will be problematic in the long run.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 7:28pm On Jun 19, 2023
finebois:
Please this is the current status of my inverter and the sun is shining.
I want to know if it is charging with solar(sunlight)

I doubt that. Pic shows battery is powering loads
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toyeoye(m): 8:26pm On Jun 19, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Oh boy!!!! shocked
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2023
toyeoye:

Oh boy!!!! shocked
Currently partially dependent on public power.

But this news means that I must hasten my plans to upgrade my system to be fully autonomous in the coming days.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toyeoye(m): 8:53pm On Jun 19, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Currently partially dependent on public power.

But this news means that I must hasten my plans to upgrade my system to be fully autonomous in the coming days.

Yep! It's time to hasten on my panel upgrades also.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valentinooo: 9:28pm On Jun 19, 2023
adrusa:

I will suggest you add 2 more panels to ensure that both your freezers and the battery are adequately served during the day. The rest are okay as long as your wife don't become the centre for everyone to come and charge their phones and rechargeable lamps.

Thanks boss.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valentinooo: 9:30pm On Jun 19, 2023
TechGeek777:

It's likely you will be tempted to upgrade sooner than later, since you are still in the design phase, I will advice you go for 24v 2.5kva Felicity/Crown Ricco Transformer inverter, with 475w Jinko Panel * (4)
Thanks boss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 11:51pm On Jun 19, 2023
Valentinooo:
Good evening house, please I want to set up a frozen food shop for my wife. So I want to set up a 2kw solar system for her. She will be running only 2 inverter freezers 100w each for maybe 9am to 6pm. The set up will be done in the house and we will extend the wire to the shop in front of the house (Like 60yards distance).

1. 535w jinko panel (2)

2. 2ka inverter (don't know which to buy yet) please if you have any suggestions.

5. 60yards 10mm² cables

Only the two freezers are going to be used. Please, am I on track with the above? If not please advise me anywhere you feel is not okay

The angle at which we see things differ.
Why not test run the set up with one 535w( probably can do up to 400w or more) on the roof of the said shop
or a car port design without shade to see how it goes. Run it for 6hours daily and observe. You should be fine if the freezer is not too big. Litre of freezer matters. 12v is not a bad system as most view it. Infact my whole appliances except microwave and oven run on a 12v system.

By the way, what is the litre of the freezer?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 4:31am On Jun 20, 2023
Valentinooo:

1. 535w jinko panel (2)

5. 60yards 10mm² cables

You are on track, I installed an almost similar setup for a client that has been running since January, a 12v 1.2kva tbb inverter, 12v 70ah lifepo4 battery, 4 200w solar panels with a 60a pwm charge controller powering a 200ltr Haier thermocool freezer and a standing fan, it runs from 10am to 6pm daily

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valentinooo: 5:51am On Jun 20, 2023
dollarnaira:

The angle at which we see things differ.
Why not test run the set up with one 535w( probably can do up to 400w or more) on the roof of the said shop
or a car port design without shade to see how it goes. Run it for 6hours daily and observe. You should be fine if the freezer is not too big. Litre of freezer matters. 12v is not a bad system as most view it. Infact my whole appliances except microwave and oven run on a 12v system.

By the way, what is the litre of the freezer?

One is 319 litres, and the other 219litres
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Iinnov8: 6:33am On Jun 20, 2023
60A Powmr MPPT Solar Charge Controller plus free DC Breaker

Price: 56,000 firm.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by solareclips: 7:15am On Jun 20, 2023
Good day house, please is there any implication to distance the battery from charge controller or inverter, that is the baterry will be outside while the other set up will be inside between 6 to 10 ft distance.
Thank you in anticipationp
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 9:54am On Jun 20, 2023
solareclips:
Good day house, please is there any implication to distance the battery from charge controller or inverter, that is the baterry will be outside while the other set up will be inside between 6 to 10 ft distance.
IMO, 6-10ft battery to Inverter/SCC is much! quite much!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:16am On Jun 20, 2023
Valentinooo:

One is 319 litres, and the other 219litres

Ok good.
Test with 219L.
With continuous 6/5hrs daily freezing you should be fine having in mind too that freezing gets better when filled. Bottle waters can be at the bottom of the freezer to help retain freezing if there were spaces.

Most businesses are shutting down due to high cost of energy. Try this method out first to see how it works. Let it be strickly for freezing only.What brand of freezer are we talking about sef?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:18am On Jun 20, 2023
solareclips:
Is battery lead acid?
How many bedrooms?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 11:23am On Jun 20, 2023
Has any one here used battery isolator for a 12v solar system here. Most of the articles i came across online is majorly in automobile application. I av two 12v battery, 1 is in excellent condition, d oda is fair, I don't want to parallel them cause in due time, their performance will b equalized. So I came across a suggestion of having 2 batteries connected in parallel but are separated with an isolator which allows Dem to charge n discharge individually.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kaybthaniels(m): 11:27am On Jun 20, 2023
Good morning house... How much is the current price for a Growatt 5KVA Hybrid Inverter, I see one that's been advertised on the Gennex website for N571,500, makes sense?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 12:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
solareclips:

Like 3Meters not bad. but invest in High Guage cables. At least 50mm.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 12:11pm On Jun 20, 2023
FEGEITOK:

I've been buying 1k for 13kwh since.
Please, where do you buy 1k for 16kwh?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 12:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
Penuelseun:
You are on track, I installed an almost similar setup for a client that has been running since January, a 12v 1.2kva tbb inverter, 12v 70ah lifepo4 battery, 4 200w solar panels with a 60a pwm charge controller powering a 200ltr Haier thermocool freezer and a standing fan, it runs from 10am to 6pm daily
12v 70ah LFP battery bank drew my attention.
Apart from Sun doing the job during the day, could you let me know his load on this battery and the freezer power consumption?
I considered 12v 160ah LFP battery bank an average system for beginners.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 1:14pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kaybthaniels:
Good morning house... How much is the current price for a Growatt 5KVA Hybrid Inverter, I see one that's been advertised on the Gennex website for N571,500, makes sense?

Perfectly Okay, go ahead as you won't see any price less than that.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valentinooo: 1:17pm On Jun 20, 2023
dollarnaira:

Ok good.
Test with 219L.
With continuous 6/5hrs daily freezing you should be fine having in mind too that freezing gets better when filled. Bottle waters can be at the bottom of the freezer to help retain freezing if there were spaces.

Most businesses are shutting down due to high cost of energy. Try this method out first to see how it works. Let it be strickly for freezing only.What brand of freezer are we talking about sef?
Thermocool inverter chest freezer
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2023
Valentinooo:
Thermocool inverter chest freezer
Alright
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
isangjohnson:

Apart from Sun doing the job during the day, could you let me know his load on this battery and the freezer power consumption?
the battery is installed in a shop, the freezer comes up at 10am till around 5pm, the freezer and standing fan consumes around 160w
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 3:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
isangjohnson:

A beginner can even start with 40A lead acid car battery. Some people just need lightings of 2 bulbs(10w) and phone charging. This set up can turn on tv on a sunny afternoon for few hours. Solar set up na small small.

I know of a friend who was desperate to charge just few phones. He got a crack pv ( Alaba version) , 20A cc ( very small in size), msw inverter, and normal AC cable instead of regular pv cables, with a 75a used car battery.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2023
isangjohnson:

[b]12v 70ah LFP [/b]battery bank drew my attention.

Thats why it's LFP, 800wh usable capacity.. will perform just like 180AH LA that's is capped to 50% usage

(1) (2) (3) ... (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) ... (1763) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: FRESHTWANYE, Paulfroshman, loluskysat(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.