Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,784 members, 7,898,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:25 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1576) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2206751 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) (1579) ... (1776) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 1:01pm On Feb 14
bassdow:

A single 300watts MONO solar panel or 2pcs to be on safer side since chances are, you would be making use of it while it's charging + weather conditions flunctuates. Just pair it with MPPT chargeController if going for more than 1pcs as using PWM would just be wasting the generated power

How many amps Cc will be suitable
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 1:05pm On Feb 14
easyyoke:

You kuku see say I dinnor quote/reply him again๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Because I know my controller is a premium controller. Even though the guy first made me fear๐Ÿ˜‚. The panel is currently fully blasting power into my controller as I speak and the controller is almost nearing its peak 40A sef. I am getting 30A plus already. Bet me I knew nothing do the controller. The guy was just giving me High Blood Pressure advice๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.
lol, okay o
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 1:09pm On Feb 14
mvphenryeto5:

How many amps Cc will be suitable
40Amps chargeController would do but would suggest buying a 50Amps or 100Amps due to following reasons

1. some (if not most) charge controllers in the market are overrated.
2. when your charge Controller has a high enough max current rating, tendencies of your needing an upGrade sooner is reduced.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 1:55pm On Feb 14
odimbannamdi:

Will have 1600w (12v and 24v) and a few units of 12v 3000w this week, by God's grace

Bro will need the 3kva but in 12v and 24v
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 2:21pm On Feb 14
bassdow:

you failed to state if your charge controller is PWM or MPPT. That really matters.

Also why mixing solar panels of different types. Either focus on MONO or POLY.

Would suggest that since you intends adding more solar panels, focus on MONO and not mix up again so that the mixture no go too plenty again.
Would have suggesting removing the POLY entirely but I don't know how healthy your pocket is.

As for if your charge controller would work, just add up the enitire Max input current of your solar panels and if it's above 60A, though most times, the charge controller would handle things accordingly.

should in case the Max input current of the solar panels exceeds 60A, you could change configuration of the solar panels to combination of Series & Parallel to reduce the output current from the solar panels. Just be sure your chargeController is designed for such voltage.
thanks for being very blunt.
boss i currently have an Ipower 60 amps zinux MPPT.
max solar voltage 145Vdc
max solar current 60amps
max current charge 60amps
i plan on adding 4 to 5 more panels.
Ive been advised to get another CC if am doing 450w panels, if i wont maintain 300w panels that i currently have.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:24pm On Feb 14
mvphenryeto5:
Please who has used this type of inverter? Is it efficient and durable and what's the advantage over the other inverters

this is what we call sachet Inverter or transformerLess inverter.

Advantages is, it's more efficient in operation + Cheaper.

DisAdvantage is, it's not durable. it goes bad easily, with little chances of being able to get fixed by our Nigerian technicians.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:31pm On Feb 14
emmaniche:

thanks for being very blunt.
boss i currently have an Ipower 60 amps zinux MPPT.
max solar voltage 145Vdc
max solar current 60amps
max current charge 60amps
i plan on adding 4 to 5 more panels.
Ive been advised to get another CC if am doing 450w panels, if i wont maintain 300w panels that i currently have.

you can't, or not adviceAble to mix 450w solar panels with 300w solar panels.
In fact, when using more than 1 solar pael, ensure they're at least, of same Capacity (Current, Wattage, etc) and type e.g MONO, or POLY.

Also, didn't ask for Max-Input Current or Voltage of a single solar panel but for the entire solar panels.

Let's assume the Max input Current of one of your soolar Panels is 20A, and you currently have 5 panels, and intends adding more 5 panels, bring the total solar panels to 5+5=10 solar panels, then you would do 20A * 10 = 200A. Of course that depends on the configuration you intends using because that 200A cound end up being 100A also
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 2:44pm On Feb 14
bassdow:

this is what we call sachet Inverter or transformerLess inverter.

Advantages is, it's more efficient in operation + Cheaper.

DisAdvantage is, it's not durable. it goes bad easily, with little chances of being able to get fixed by our Nigerian technicians.

Which inverter do you suggest I get on a tight budget
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:50pm On Feb 14
mvphenryeto5:

Which inverter do you suggest I get on a tight budget
I'm not into sales Ooo hence don't have knowledge of current market except I check.

na you know your budget. Maybe you should quote a figure. Prices gan sef nostable at all - changing almost every few hours.

why not enter market, or check ji ji . ng
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 2:56pm On Feb 14
bassdow:

you can't, or not adviceAble to mix 450w solar panels with 300w solar panels.
In fact, when using more than 1 solar pael, ensure they're at least, of same Capacity (Current, Wattage, etc) and type e.g MONO, or POLY.

Also, didn't ask for Max-Input Current or Voltage of a single solar panel but for the entire solar panels.

Let's assume the Max input Current of one of your soolar Panels is 20A, and you currently have 5 panels, and intends adding more 5 panels, bring the total solar panels to 5+5=10 solar panels, then you would do 20A * 10 = 200A. Of course that depends on the configuration you intends using because that 200A cound end up being 100A also
pardon my noobieness.
i have 1500w in total.
generates about 400 to 500w on my cc.
get between 12 to 18ahms charging.

Hope thats enough to advice me effectively?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 5:41pm On Feb 14
bassdow:

what's capacity and charge level of the batteries ?

What's the starting-Voltage of said chest freezer ?

Most of these funny inverter systems wey I dey see for here, me no sabi them. Who knows, maybe said inverter sef is over-Rated.

Also, why even trying to power a Freezer, even if na Fridge sef, on a 12-Volts system ?
So what should he use o?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 6:06pm On Feb 14
dollarnaira:

So what should he use o?
Oga such loads should be run on at least a 24-volts system and above.

before you know now, battery go die in less than 1-year or at most less than 2-years even if na only dayTime dem dey power the fridge abi freezer
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 6:13pm On Feb 14
easyyoke:

I am looking at FELICITY 80A because it seem like the only one that supports me remotely controlling it. I dont like going to charge controllers to check the screen all the time. I prefer to monitor everything from my ohone. The new Felicity MPPT controller supports that and seem readily available in the Nigerian market. Whats your take on FELICITY charge controllers

Felicity Charge Controller crew here. I have 2 120A models in my house serving admirably.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Buchika: 6:40pm On Feb 14
bassdow:

before you know now, battery go die in less than 1-year or at most less than 2-years even if na only dayTime dem dey power the fridge abi freezer
what of inverter freezer of 120 watts . Does the above statement apply too.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dacool1(m): 7:04pm On Feb 14
Buchika:

Nothing is wrong with running a freezer on a 12v system. Just have sufficient battery bank.

People need to stop condemning 12v systems abeg. They are okay for loads up to 2kw, just that I would suggest a 24v system if you would be continuously drawing more than 1kw energy.

A 24v system with just two 220ah tubular batteries is no better than a 12v system with same battery bank.

For a regular freezer or inverter freezer a 1kw 12v system with surge capacity of 2kw is more than OK. Just turn on the freezer first before other appliances.

I just laugh when I see a 3.5kva inverter connected to two 220ah tubular batteries. Your batteries would die in 3 months if you fully utilize the inverter.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 7:06pm On Feb 14
bassdow:

FALSE!
FALSE!!
FALSE!!!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:08pm On Feb 14
Buchika:

According to secondary school physics, this always applies P=IV or I=P/V or V=P/I.

Work of an INVERTER is to Boost the voltage of your battery from 12-volts, 24-volts, 36-volts, 48-volts TO 240-volts or what is required.
Now along the line, the current of the battery is also affected.

Now depending on the voltage from where the inverter is Boosting from, e.g 12-volts, it could mean more stress on the battery and inverter system.

hence it easier (both on the battery & inverter) to boost from 24-volts, than from 12-volts. Also easier from 48-volts, than below.

Now for your own good, the less stress you put on the battery, the better for you.

Bottom line is, let's strive to put as little stress on our batteries as we could afford. Any power appliance (e.g fridge, Freezer, AirConditioner, etc) should be run on a minimum of 24-volts system and above, wether na inverterBasedAppliance or not.

That na my own opinion
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 7:08pm On Feb 14
Buchika:

You had better ignore him and continue with your fantastic 12v grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:09pm On Feb 14
dacool1:

Nothing is wrong with running a freezer on a 12v system. Just have sufficient battery bank.

People need to stop condemning 12v systems abeg. They are okay for loads up to 2kw, just that I would suggest a 24v system if you would be continuously drawing more than 1kw energy.

A 24v system with just two 220ah tubular batteries is no better than a 12v system with same battery bank.

For a regular freezer or inverter freezer a 1kw 12v system with surge capacity of 2kw is more than OK. Just turn on the freezer first before other appliances.

I just laugh when I see a 3.5kva inverter connected to two 220ah tubular batteries. Your batteries would die in 3 months if you fully utilize the inverter.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:09pm On Feb 14
dollarnaira:

FALSE!
FALSE!!
FALSE!!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 7:10pm On Feb 14
bassdow:

According to secondary school physics, this always applies P=IV or I=P/V or V=P/I.

Work of an INVERTER is to Boost the voltage of your battery from 12-volts, 24-volts, 36-volts, 48-volts TO 240-volts or what is required.
Now along the line, the current of the battery is also affected.

Now depending on the voltage from where the inverter is Boosting from, e.g 12-volts, it could mean more stress on the battery and inverter system.

hence it easier (both on the battery & inverter) to boost from 24-volts, than from 12-volts. Also easier from 48-volts, than below.

Now for your own good, the less stress you put on the battery, the better for you.

Bottom line is, let's strive to put as little stress on our batteries as we could afford. Any power appliance (e.g fridge, Freezer, AirConditioner, etc) should be run on a minimum of 24-volts system and above, wether na inverterBasedAppliance or not.

That na my own opinion

You go explain tire
NO EVIDENCE grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 7:15pm On Feb 14
dollarnaira:

FALSE!
FALSE!!
FALSE!!!
This your reply is strong o,
Make I laugh small ๐Ÿ˜น
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 7:17pm On Feb 14
oloet:

This your reply is strong o,
Make I laugh small ๐Ÿ˜น

It is irritating bro
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:35pm On Feb 14
dacool1:

My Opinion: 12-volts 200AH can never be as efficient as 24-volts 200AH. Don't forget, me no be PROFESSIONAL
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:37pm On Feb 14
dollarnaira:

You go explain tire
NO EVIDENCE grin grin grin

unknown to most of una, and unlike most of una, most times, I'm here to relieve stress and clear ma head. hence I rarely feel the energy being expended
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:39pm On Feb 14
dacool1:

The bolded is a case of bad work. if only most solar customers are on this thread, we for hear plenty superStories that touch

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 8:02pm On Feb 14
bassdow:

Nigerians and PRAYERs. hmm
Are u daft? Even if u are daft dont u kno wen 2 kip shut..

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 8:09pm On Feb 14
brightk:
Are u daft? Even if u are daft dont u kno wen kip shut..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 8:09pm On Feb 14
brightk:
Are u daft? Even if u are daft dont u kno wen kip shut..
No
Yes

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 8:14pm On Feb 14
You guys need know just one thing.

I am not here to make friends, or enemies, or seek for clients, or tell you what you wanna hear.

I'm in here, same way I'm outside world - I tell you want I mean; Goodluck if it's sweet to your ears.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 8:18pm On Feb 14
Abeg no need for insults.
Let's accept right and wrong and move on.
All parties should calm down.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Polaris1: 8:26pm On Feb 14
bassdow:

unknown to most of una, and unlike most of una, most times, I'm here to relieve stress and clear ma head. hence I rarely feel the energy being expended
You talk too much and your knowledge is mediocre and often misleading compared to some regulars on this thread. Would be nice if you post only what you know in a clear, concise manner. Try not to mix English and pidgin too, it destabilizes syntax flow.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) (1579) ... (1776) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: jiday4(m), obitobe, lexi28(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.