Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,942 members, 7,883,284 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 08:15 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2180479 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1604) (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) ... (1767) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 3:23pm On Mar 06
Does reducing an external charge controller charging amps from 60amps to like 20amps, to suit tubular battery charging profile limit the power production of the solar panel array especailly wen u now connect loads during daytime?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Youngzedd(m): 3:27pm On Mar 06
easyyoke:

I initially had thesame issue till experienced people here told me it was because there was dust in the atmosphere. And indeed as soon as rain fell in my area, the yield drastically jumped up immediately the following day. So wait for rain to fall in your area too. If rain falls and you are still experiencing very low yield, you will need to check your panel configuration and also confirm that you did not buy fake panels(overrated panel/relabelled panel)

Using Exulted Eagles black solar panels.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Youngzedd(m): 3:41pm On Mar 06
Anyone here using Exulted Eagles black solar panel?

How's the performance?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 4:14pm On Mar 06
I need an experience installer to check someone's system in Abuja.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 5:03pm On Mar 06
kristien4:
Does reducing an external charge controller charging amps from 60amps to like 20amps, to suit tubular battery charging profile limit the power production of the solar panel array especailly wen u now connect loads during daytime?
Yes
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 5:26pm On Mar 06
Danibestguy:
Can the balancer work as well as the traditional way? Also, do I use the batteries while the balancer is working or I let it do it's thing first before usage?
wat do u mean by traditional?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:14pm On Mar 06
Obnoxious2001:
For this panel matter, make we talk true it seem like Alaba come dey cost for original capacity.

Men I installed some fairly used today, and it was just too clean to be fairly used.

If that panel reach Alaba, Na new one then go sell am as cheesy grin grin after them don put the cartoon, knack am Canadian solar cool
haven't I already shared how those guys do their thing.

Most at Ojo Alaba are into that rePackaging thing.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:17pm On Mar 06
dottedlines:
Good morning Chief, please what set up do I need for the loads you listed below, a TV, two fans and lightings? like what should be my budget + installation? I reside in Lagos and I need this set up if cost is reasonable. Ikeja Electric don use my eye see shege this year, my consolation be say I dey go work from morning till night, it's weekends I see premium shege.

All TVs ain't equal. ScreenSize differs, so is the diisplay technology e.g LED, Plasma, LCD, etc.

Same with other items.

better you either list out their watt ratings, or award contract give person
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:18pm On Mar 06
Gshems:
Please is this charge controller an mppt or make i go buy pwm jejely?
na very cheap PWM with MPPT sticker + higher Price tag
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:22pm On Mar 06
jidobaba:

Thanks. About to order for 4pcs 435w as I already have 24v cc, inverter and charger. BUT, everyone says 48v system is best so maybe I should just get the 550w(x2) instead? That way I will be future-proof, but will 2x550w pv work well with a 24v system(for now)?

hopefully, they also told you 48v system costs more
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Gshems: 7:25pm On Mar 06
bassdow:

na very cheap PWM with MPPT sticker
I Don go buy cheaper pwm. I go upgrade later
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:25pm On Mar 06
lovediehatelive:
Please o does charging phone with charge controller affect the phone?

Does it spoil phone?

Any input or experience.

I'll just use the USB port and put cord.

The image attached is the type of charge controller.
Thanks

No
it doesn't affect the phone.

Since the phone's charging port, and the charge controller USB port following standard specification, which amongst others, gives 5v 1A or 2A, it wouldn't spoil the phone.

It supplies the phone with 5volts, while the phone draws the amount of current it needs
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:31pm On Mar 06
jplambert:

If your fan is DC

200ah battery

180w 4pcs solar panel

1kv inverter is ok since you are not running fridge on it

Charge controller

DC cables

In all, 750k should be fine to setup everything

what happens the day He thinks of upgrading, most of these would become wastes
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:33pm On Mar 06
jplambert:

Why do you want to use charge controller to charge phone when you can easily connect it to power outlet?

we all have our reasons.

me gan sef dey wish say my charge controller fit get extra 8 USB ports sef
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:35pm On Mar 06
isangjohnson:

Go for a good 1kva 12v inverter, 12v 160ah lfp battery, about 800w pv and accessories.

Reduce the power consumption of the tv via eco mode.
The 90w fan can be used mostly during the day and 15w at night

but not every TV has got such feature
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:46pm On Mar 06
dottedlines:

How much more will I need to add on this 750k pricing to get something to include a fridge as suggested above boss? of course, the fridge needs not be on on the inverter at all times.

Rather than 4pcs of 180w solar panel , buy 3pcs of 300w Solar Panels .

Rather than DC cables , buy normal Aluminium cables down the street. Just ask for made-in-Nigeria. DC cables might a bit better, but the extreme steep price doesn't make sense for such small setUp. Such extra funds could be channeled into getting more Solar panels, or a better charge controller (probably MPPT, rather than PWM)

if your FANs happens to be rechargeable fans, and your TV happens to use external adapter, you could get away with not using any inverter at all BUT if buying inverter, would suggest buying one which supports at least 12v & 24v. That way, you could upgrade to 24-volts system without having to change the inverter.

For such small setUp, you need skip most unnecessary accessories such as mounting rails, etc

would suggest buying normal transformer based inverters. I only used to favour and/ or recommend sachet inverters when they were very cheap. Nowadays, I rather buy a used no-Sachet inverter, than buy a brand new sachet inverter.

Also, abeg buy a seperate charge controller. No go buy inverter with baked-in charge controller. when one goes bad, the other becomes unUsable. Also you never get same result when using them dedicated.

Rather than buy an inverter, you could buy a used UPS which should cost less than 10,000 naira. That might not be up to 1KVA but it sure would carry your FANs + TV without stress.

if you could afford it, buy DC (rechargeAble) Fans.

Abeg if you must buy an inverter, buy nothing short of pureSineWave
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:48pm On Mar 06
jplambert:

I advise you buy an inverter even if it's just sachet INVETER. You can get sachet Inveter for as low as 30k. Yes, you can use the usb port on the controller but not advisable

kindly give factual reasons please. Because me dey over use am
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:52pm On Mar 06
jplambert:

The 750k can power his fridge of he goes for modified sine wave Inveter as 3kv of such is around 70k

Mind you, solar gen is not advisable because many of such generator has inflated capacity and when it get spoilt, that's the end

Abeg, let him buy pureSineWave Oooo. At least for his own good.

I can only recommend solar Generator to my enemies. Sadly enough, I got none
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:58pm On Mar 06
brightk:
wat do u mean by traditional?
na oldSchool
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 8:26pm On Mar 06
kristien4:
Pls bosses in the house, Does the inscription on this AGM battery mean it can be charged at 80Amps??
??

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 8:31pm On Mar 06
isangjohnson:
I need an experience installer to check someone's system in Abuja.

David
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 9:46pm On Mar 06
jplambert:

Don't buy solar generator, if your fridge is around 100watts, get modified sine wave Inveter of 3kv (price is around 70k) and your 750k will be enough to set it up. Ensure that you have circuit breaker installed on your system btw

And your fridge can't be on power at all time because it will drain your battery. No solar gen of 750k can run your fridge 247

I am not an installer or selling stuffs but just giving advise based on my experience and what I have learnt about sola so far

Is bolded a typo? 🤔
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 9:51pm On Mar 06
bassdow:

but not every TV has got such feature

Just go to brightness and reduce it.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 9:53pm On Mar 06
bassdow:

Rather than 4pcs of 180w solar panel , buy 3pcs of 300w Solar Panels .

Rather than DC cables , buy normal Aluminium cables down the street. Just ask for made-in-Nigeria. DC cables might a bit better, but the extreme steep price doesn't make sense for such small setUp. Such extra funds could be channeled into getting more Solar panels, or a better charge controller (probably MPPT, rather than PWM)

if your FANs happens to be rechargeable fans, and your TV happens to use external adapter, you could get away with not using any inverter at all BUT if buying inverter, would suggest buying one which supports at least 12v & 24v. That way, you could upgrade to 24-volts system without having to change the inverter.

For such small setUp, you need skip most unnecessary accessories such as mounting rails, etc

would suggest buying normal transformer based inverters. I only used to favour and/ or recommend sachet inverters when they were very cheap. Nowadays, I rather buy a used no-Sachet inverter, than buy a brand new sachet inverter.

Also, abeg buy a seperate charge controller. No go buy inverter with baked-in charge controller. when one goes bad, the other becomes unUsable. Also you never get same result when using them dedicated.

Rather than buy an inverter, you could buy a used UPS which should cost less than 10,000 naira. That might not be up to 1KVA but it sure would carry your FANs + TV without stress.

if you could afford it, buy DC (rechargeAble) Fans.

Abeg if you must buy an inverter, buy nothing short of pureSineWave

Inverters exist with different input voltage settings?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 10:23pm On Mar 06
lovediehatelive:

Nepa hardly bring light.

And I don't have inverter.

Just panel, charge controller and battery

Bro you bought panel, CC and battery just to be charging your phone with usb?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 10:30pm On Mar 06
jplambert:

Don't buy solar generator, if your fridge is around 100watts, get modified sine wave Inveter of 3kv (price is around 70k) and your 750k will be enough to set it up. Ensure that you have circuit breaker installed on your system btw

And your fridge can't be on power at all time because it will drain your battery. No solar gen of 750k can run your fridge 247

I am not an installer or selling stuffs but just giving advise based on my experience and what I have learnt about sola so far

Guys can you use change over switch in place of circuit breaker?

Again what's the best way to connect your Pv of 12v system
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 10:41pm On Mar 06

Again what's the best way to connect 2 Pv of 12v system
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lovediehatelive(m): 12:00am On Mar 07
mvphenryeto5:

Bro you bought panel, CC and battery just to be charging your phone with usb?

grin grin grin

No o.

I bought it for laptop.

There's one DC distributor from my battery that I can use to power my laptop, so no need for inverter.

Initially, I bought only the battery to be charging it with NEPA.

But with their wahala, I later go 100watt panel.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lovediehatelive(m): 12:01am On Mar 07
bassdow:

No
it doesn't affect the phone.

Since the phone's charging port, and the charge controller USB port following standard specification, which amongst others, gives 5v 1A or 2A, it wouldn't spoil the phone.

It supplies the phone with 5volts, while the phone draws the amount of current it needs

Thanks for your clarification.

I understand better now
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 1:19am On Mar 07
mvphenryeto5:

Again what's the best way to connect 2 Pv of 12v system

Question: Guys can you use change over switch in place of circuit breaker? 

Answer: NO. circuit breaker is meant to act as a fuse that won't blow BUT switch off should there be an electrical fault.
changeOver is meant to act as a 2 or 3 way switch (more like modes in a scientific calculator) so you could switch to using NEPA/PHCN or Generator or Solar.

Question: Again what's the best way to connect 2 Pv of 12v system

Answer: Parallel
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 7:43am On Mar 07
@bassdow, pls i need ur input..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 7:55am On Mar 07
kristien4:
Pls bosses in the house, Does the inscription on this AGM battery mean it can be charged at 80Amps??
NO

if you check, you see the columns have headers titled "Application" , "Charging Voltage" , "initial Current"

and that your 80Amps falls under "initial Current". Now that means you shouldn't draw more than 80Amps at a time during cycle use.

if you want to identify the charging current, just look for a word that starts with letter C followed by 2-digits and if you look on the battery body, you would see C10 . Now that's the charge current.

Now, you really don't need those information to successful charge such battery when using a charge Controller or even a reputable charger because they do have charging profiles where you select the battery type.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1604) (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) ... (1767) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Haykay2001 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.