Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,112 members, 7,887,238 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:14 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1769) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2188257 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:54am On Jul 11
Ferdiwar:
I read about the effects of in-rush current and the damages it can cause to inverters, I opened my battery to confirm that it was fitted with a pre charged resistor grin.

Don't leave us hanging, is there one?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 11:47am On Jul 11
Tucode:
Hello guys, I'm about doing a solar system in my house in Benin and below is the quotation given to me by the installer. Are these prices fair. Somebody also suggested that I get the materials myself especially the inverter and the lithium battery. If so, how can I get these from the factory directly? Also between Felicity and Yohako, which should I go for since there's over 200k difference in the estimates for both.

I was also thinking about going for a 7.5KVA inverter set up for the load I'm planning to use in the house to reduce cost. 1 2hp inverter standing AC, 1 1HP inverter AC, 6 fans at 50W each, 3 TVs at 100W each, 1 inverter fridge of 200W, 2 inverter freezers of 100W each, bulbs, washing machine of 350W and lighting points. Of course, I'm not going to run all the appliances at the same time. But from what I calculate, all of these are just about 5000W in total. Is there need to go for a 10KVA or will the 7.5KVA be more than sufficient?
500k for labour...Na so
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 12:05pm On Jul 11
Every laborer deserves his wages. Because many of us are DIY, we tend to take for granted that there is a lot of work involved in solar installations.
Sometimes after spending hours designing a solution for a person, the person may now give the job to another person.

The worst part about solar is that from the time you install, any electrical problem in that house will be transferred to the installer since it is assumed that he was the last person to have worked on the electrical systems in the house.

Before you know it, the small profit you made will be spent going back to that house to resolve issues.

kristien4:
500k for labour...Na so

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 12:24pm On Jul 11
ojesymsym:
Every laborer deserves his wages. Because many of us are DIY, we tend to take for granted that there is a lot of work involved in solar installations.
Sometimes after spending hours designing a solution for a person, the person may now give the job to another person.

The worst part about solar is that from the time you install, any electrical problem in that house will be transferred to the installer since it is assumed that he was the last person to have worked on the electrical systems in the house.

Before you know it, the small profit you made will be spent going back to that house to resolve issues.

I'm 100% in agreement. Even old fault you get called upon. Roof leak in part you have nothing to do gets transferred to you too. It's crazy the amount of things that could go wrong that are attributed to the installer. Every other visit is not paid for.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos(m): 12:44pm On Jul 11
Deye no fit make that mistake na. grin

Ferdiwar:
I read about the effects of in-rush current and the damages it can cause to inverters, I opened my battery to confirm that it was fitted with a pre charged resistor grin.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos(m): 12:45pm On Jul 11
You can see it clearly in the picture he attached. It's the Precision Resistor 100W12RJ.

mctfopt:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 1:51pm On Jul 11
jonescosmos:
You can see it clearly in the picture he attached. It's the Precision Resistor 100W12RJ.

My eyes no dey see well like that smiley
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 3:35pm On Jul 11
Non vex, can you highlight it, coz I non see am?
jonescosmos:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DadojoReloaded(m): 4:47pm On Jul 11
Good day to all my Oga in the house. I'm currently having an issue with a new SMS LiFe PO4 battery. After installation, it shows a red (ALM) light when I power it ON. Even when it is connected to the felicity charge controller, it doesn't get charged. Instead the charge controller shows error...

Please what could be the cause and how to fix it?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:38pm On Jul 11
DadojoReloaded:
Good day to all my Oga in the house. I'm currently having an issue with a new SMS LiFe PO4 battery. After installation, it shows a red (ALM) light when I power it ON. Even when it is connected to the felicity charge controller, it doesn't get charged. Instead the charge controller shows error...

Check if there is a reset button. If there is, try resetting it. What's the SOC display on the inverter? Does it take charge or discharge?;
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DadojoReloaded(m): 6:30pm On Jul 11
mctfopt:

Check if there is a reset button. If there is, try resetting it. What's the SOC display on the inverter? Does it take charge or discharge?;

Please how do I reset it? It has something like a reset key at the top, but that's not working. It doesn't take charge and it doesn't output any volt as well. Everything is just blank.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 7:09pm On Jul 11
DadojoReloaded:

Please how do I reset it? It has something like a reset key at the top, but that's not working. It doesn't take charge and it doesn't output any volt as well. Everything is just blank.
Have u tried disconnecting the charge controller/inverter and then switching on the inverter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AdexAyanfe: 7:16pm On Jul 11
Please guys, I need either of these usb dc module, who fit help me get abeg. I don find am for Ilorin tired 😫.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 7:50pm On Jul 11
Deye 8kva inverter is around 2.6m.

Oshomo12:

How much is brand new one?
How long has it been in service?

10kva Deye with dual mppt will just be a little higher than the 1.8m
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos(m): 7:59pm On Jul 11
See am

ojesymsym:
Non vex, can you highlight it, coz I non see am?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 8:06pm On Jul 11
Yes it's in the attachment I shared.

mctfopt:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 8:12pm On Jul 11
I was over happy when I saw it and truly appreciated spending the amount I spent then to buy it.

I'll maintain the 5kwh as advised for compatibility purposes.

jonescosmos:
Deye no fit make that mistake na. grin

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos(m): 8:16pm On Jul 11
It's possible that it has discharged below BMS Cut off Voltage, so you might have to Jump Start it.

To do that, you will need a DC Power Supply, Open the battery and Clip your DC Power Supply to the Battery Main Terminals leading to the BMS.
Adjust your Voltage to the Nominal Voltage of the Battery Pack. Turn on your Lithium Battery by its switch.

The DC Power Supply will confuse the BMS to think that your Battery Pack has not discharged and turn on the Mosfets.

Once the battery turns on, start power up your charge source to start charging your battery then remove the DC Power Supply.

You can also charge the cells directly using this method but this is only if you know what you are doing.

DadojoReloaded:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 8:30pm On Jul 11
RESOLUTION UPDATE.

Finally I've been able to resolve the issue I was having with my inverter.

Apparently the inverter only needed a factory reset due to the software update performed on it by Deye.

Special thanks to @Jonescosmos for all the assistance and for also intervening when Mr. Fadi @ Solarco was understanding my English grin.

I truly appreciate you Boss.

Thanks to everyone who gave their 2 cents on my case you guys are the Best.

Ferdiwar:
Update on my setup.

Sometime last month I connected all my AC to the smart load of my inverter, and noticed that the inverter was going off and on repeatedly for like 5x before stabilizing back on. This would happen severely in a day before the sun goes down as I discovered it only happens during the day.

As a result I reverted back to the previous connection and disabled the smart load thinking that was my issue, but it still persisted, so I did some reading online and concluded it might be a software bug.

I emailed Deye and requested for diagnosis and update which they did by pushing a remote firmware update to the inverter, yet the issue continued (in my mind I was like I spent huge money to buy a faulty batch of an expensive inverter). I sent an update email yesterday to Deye explaining that the issue is not yet resolved (yet to get an update though) after it happened for the 2nd time in the morning (around 11am). At this point I thought it wise to calm down and observe the inverter when next it happens rather than be angry, so I stayed put in front of the inverter and watched it.

Few minutes later it happened again this time around I was watching the screen and boom I caught it in the act and it happens to be that the voltages of 2 strings of panels attached to the 2 MPPTs of the inverter exceeded the max 500v of the inverter (string 1 5x Longi 570w panels was pumping 240v+ as at that time while string 2 5x Jinko 625w panels were pushing over 265v both exceeding the 500v max voltage).

As I saw that I quickly switched off string 1 breaker and the inverter stabilized instantly which suggests that the input of the 2 MPPTs are somehow connected in series or something like that as one of the MPPTs can take 500v alone but the 2 MPPTs combined together is still 500v.

No matter what you do, do not exceed the max voltage of your inverter and take not of the tolerance of the VOC of your panels when connecting your panels to your CC or inverter to avoid stories just in case your inverter or CC is not equipped to handle any form voltage spike above the rated max voltage of the inverter or CC.

@Jonescosmos the 500v is for the 2 MPPTs after all

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 8:35pm On Jul 11
I believe Deye inverters has a function that activates an over discharged battery.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

jonescosmos:
It's possible that it has discharged below BMS Cut off Voltage, so you might have to Jump Start it.

To do that, you will need a DC Power Supply, Open the battery and Clip your DC Power Supply to the Battery Main Terminals leading to the BMS.
Adjust your Voltage to the Nominal Voltage of the Battery Pack. Turn on your Lithium Battery by its switch.

The DC Power Supply will confuse the BMS to think that your Battery Pack has not discharged and turn on the Mosfets.

Once the battery turns on, start power up your charge source to start charging your battery then remove the DC Power Supply.

You can also charge the cells directly using this method but this is only if you know what you are doing.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos(m): 8:41pm On Jul 11
Oh yes they do. But the BMS on some batteries doesn't get along with this function.
Hence my unalloyed recommendation of well known brands when it comes to Inverters and Batteries but people no just dey hear word.

We will continue to preach the Gospel of Buying Genuine Products.

Ferdiwar:
I believe Deye inverters has a function that activates an over discharged battery.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:38pm On Jul 11
jonescosmos:
See am

Thanks a lot.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 10:10pm On Jul 11
ojesymsym:
Nothing to worry about when it comes to repairs with those big brands, infact their repairs is usually the most straight forward. Once you identify the exact board that is bad inside, you buy a replacement, slot it back in, connect the different olugs back and your inverter is back to life.

It is even all these chinese hybrid boards that solder all the different parts of the board on one board sef that you start having to trace resistor, ICs, capacitors to replace.

That price is a steal. I have a used 10kva victron unit and I probably have to really love you to do N1.5m for it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos(m): 11:02pm On Jul 11
My pleasure as always.

Ferdiwar:
RESOLUTION UPDATE.

Finally I've been able to resolve the issue I was having with my inverter.

Apparently the inverter only needed a factory reset due to the software update performed on it by Deye.

Special thanks to @Jonescosmos for all the assistance and for also intervening when Mr. Fadi @ Solarco was understanding my English grin.

I truly appreciate you Boss.

Thanks to everyone who gave their 2 cents on my case you guys are the Best.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 11:24pm On Jul 11
AdexAyanfe:
Please guys, I need either of these usb dc module, who fit help me get abeg. I don find am for Ilorin tired 😫.

Buy from AliExpress
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DadojoReloaded(m): 11:58pm On Jul 11
jonescosmos:

Thanks so much for this. I will give it a try and get back to you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.