Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,779 members, 7,969,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 03:31 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1820) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2317246 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:50am On Oct 07
10kwh felicity lithium battery still available, #2,000,000. Call/whatsapp me on 08168986461

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 11:09am On Oct 07
ksmart027:

You seems to hate lithium batteries, why? We have a lot of trusted diy pack builders which i have not seen any bad reviews against them he can easily buy from them.There are also lot of fake gel, wet cells or tubular batteries out there. Have you used lithium batteries before? Or do you have any experience against them because i don't understand the hate against them.
Responding late because earlier I choose to ignore BUT somehow, Nairaland's notification reminded i haven't responded to a mention.

See eh, you should read to comprehension.

No where in my comment, did I portray a hate for lithium batteries; except of course you relying on old comments which also, never portrayed such.

Person wey no get enough Money to build / rent standard 1-bedroom apartment, no get business looking for a Mansion all things being equal.

Same way a person who can't easily afford a small (used) Techno phone, would be wasting time pricing a brand new iPhone 20 ProMax.

Imagine say I dey struggle to afford 1-plot of land which cost about 150,000 naira YET you dey advertise another land wey cost Millions to me.

For that guy, if we are to work with such budget, what He needs is

=> 1 or 2 USED Solar panels,

=> 1 USED Tubular or DryCell battery,

=> cheap PWM charge Controller (again him no get business with MPPT whether original or fake),

=> depending on change wey remain, buy small cheap inverter (or use UPS for the time being).

Of course He's got no business with Copper wires. Standard Aluminium cable used by NEPA is good enough.

He's equally got no business with accessories such as racks, etc.

of course na him go rent ladder use connect am himself or find electrician wey go help am while him go dey use Us + Google dey do Question&Answer BECAUSE He still got no business employing services of a professional installer EXCEPT He's lucky enough to find One willing to help for FREE.

Hopefully, you observed I didn't jump into making recommendations to Him, or telling him how his budget is too small and can't go anywhere BUT instead asked to know what He intends powering. Without such information, most responses wouldn't be accurate enough.

The group is meant to HELP, not MILK the hell outta everyOne. All clients needs and budget ain't equal you know

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by rhosymedre: 4:14pm On Oct 07
Hello everyone, both expert contributors and all others.

I have been quietly reading here for some time to learn more. I would be grateful for your help on one or two things.

1. What really is the capacity of a 200ah Lifepo4 battery? We are planning a system, excluding air conditioners, with four 580w Jinko panels and a 7.5kva Inverter; I am confused whether 2 x 200ah Lifepo4 will be enough or whether a single 7.5kwh Lifepo4 battery is necessary as someone has suggested to me.

2. Please advise on whether the Felicity Lifepo4 batteries are reliable.

3. Please advise on whether the Felicity 7.5kva transformer based inverter is reliable.

Many many thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 5:02pm On Oct 07
bassdow:

Responding late because earlier I choose to ignore BUT somehow, Nairaland's notification reminded i haven't responded to a mention.

See eh, you should read to comprehension.

No where in my comment, did I portray a hate for lithium batteries; except of course you relying on old comments which also, never portrayed such.

Person wey no get enough Money to build / rent standard 1-bedroom apartment, no get business looking for a Mansion all things being equal.

Same way a person who can't easily afford a small (used) Techno phone, would be wasting time pricing a brand new iPhone 20 ProMax.

Imagine say I dey struggle to afford 1-plot of land which cost about 150,000 naira YET you dey advertise another land wey cost Millions to me.

For that guy, if we are to work with such budget, what He needs is

=> 1 or 2 USED Solar panels,

=> 1 USED Tubular or DryCell battery,

=> cheap PWM charge Controller (again him no get business with MPPT whether original or fake),

=> depending on change wey remain, buy small cheap inverter (or use UPS for the time being).

Of course He's got no business with Copper wires. Standard Aluminium cable used by NEPA is good enough.

He's equally got no business with accessories such as racks, etc.

of course na him go rent ladder use connect am himself or find electrician wey go help am while him go dey use Us + Google dey do Question&Answer BECAUSE He still got no business employing services of a professional installer EXCEPT He's lucky enough to find One willing to help for FREE.

Hopefully, you observed I didn't jump into making recommendations to Him, or telling him how his budget is too small and can't go anywhere BUT instead asked to know what He intends powering. Without such information, most responses wouldn't be accurate enough.

The group is meant to HELP, not MILK the hell outta everyOne. All clients needs and budget ain't equal you know

Next time, read to understand. The young man said he is not interested in solar functionality yet and that he is okay charging with grid. Not everyone can use Solar, not because they can't afford to, but because of constraints like landlord refusal, space issues, etc

Also, I am honestly shocked you are advising that he buys a used Tubular battery. Very shocking

Please recommend one for him (or any other regular contributor here) and let him use it normally for 9 months. If he does NOT notice a sharp decline in performance of the battery within this 9 months so much that he considers a replacement, I will give you $50. If he does, then you will give me $50.

Let us have more discussion about this, particularly as regards defining the performance metrics and selecting who would hold the money.

It is time to put your money where your mouth is. I await your response

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 6:47pm On Oct 07
odimbannamdi:

Next time, read to understand. The young man said he is not interested in solar functionality yet and that he is okay charging with grid. Not everyone can use Solar, not because they can't afford to, but because of constraints like landlord refusal, space issues, etc

Also, I am honestly shocked you are advising that he buys a used Tubular battery. Very shocking

Please recommend one for him (or any other regular contributor here) and let him use it normally for 9 months. If he does NOT notice a sharp decline in performance of the battery within this 9 months so much that he considers a replacement, I will give you $50. If he does, then you will give me $50.

Let us have more discussion about this, particularly as regards defining the performance metrics and selecting who would hold the money.

It is time to put your money where your mouth is. I await your response

About having no intention of using Solar, I probably missed that.

As for buying used Dry / GEL / Tubular batteries, I would say there are both good and bad in the market. Have never bought a USEd Tubular battery for anyOne but as for other types of batteries, I can assure you that there are both good and bad in the market. You just need know how to test.

That reminds me, there was a time I sold about 30pcs of Tubular batteries. They were all as good as New as client was relocating abroad for whatever reason and the installation was less than 1-year in an estate where they sometimes have light. Imagine if you had bought such, you would enjoy it well.

That doesn't mean there ain't refurbished batteries in the market hence reason I said if you know how to test, you should have less issues so please don't be SHOCKed.

See eh, there are lots of people (including installers) buying USEd batteries in the market. Let's not pretend like it doesn't happen.

What about rePackageD batteries, washed and cleaned Solar panels, etc ?

Now if the Guy isn't interested in using Solar panel, like you said, then who says his budget ain't workAble ?

Of course he seems reluctant to state what appliances He intends powering BUT that budget should buy him a used inverter (or UPS depending on his load), and used battery.

In other News, most of my responses in here often are broad to cater for more people than the ASKer hence even my response earlier and NOW ain't meant for just Him and You.

Make people no get 400,000 naira come dey think say e no fit do anything.

Myself, other than my main 2 setUps, most of my auxiliary setUps use rely on USEd batteries which I either buy directly (especially during client upgrades) or when I decommission any.
Only time I suffered bad battery, which was twice, was during my early days of using Solar when I was buying Brand new batteries such as Neptune and the likes before I got to understand those Alaba batteries are fake.

As for your BET, me no get that kind interest. I'm not here to please or impress anyOne. I just talk comment and move

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 6:49pm On Oct 07
rhosymedre:
Hello everyone, both expert contributors and all others.

I have been quietly reading here for some time to learn more. I would be grateful for your help on one or two things.

1. What really is the capacity of a 200ah Lifepo4 battery? We are planning a system, excluding air conditioners, with four 580w Jinko panels and a 7.5kva Inverter; I am confused whether 2 x 200ah Lifepo4 will be enough or whether a single 7.5kwh Lifepo4 battery is necessary as someone has suggested to me.

2. Please advise on whether the Felicity Lifepo4 batteries are reliable.

3. Please advise on whether the Felicity 7.5kva transformer based inverter is reliable.

Many many thanks in advance.

Would be much helpful should you list what appliances you intends powering
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Thunderbolt: 7:09pm On Oct 07
Good evening house.

Need some help please.
Trying to get some 555W Jinko solar panels from Fouani at 130k each.
Please does anyone in the house have experience with panels from Fouani?
Wondering if these are genuine products.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by rhosymedre: 7:21pm On Oct 07
bassdow:

Would be much helpful should you list what appliances you intends powering

Many thanks for reply.

For now we have decided to exclude air conditioners; so, something like

* 1 medium/large TV e.g. 40 inches and 4 small TVs of 24 inches each
* 1 standard fridge (nothing big) and one small deep freezer
* 1 water pumping machine
* About 8 standing fans (will go for low power consuming fans)
* All electric bulbs in a 5 bedroom house

Thanks again.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:21pm On Oct 07
Thunderbolt:
Good evening house.

Need some help please.

Lol. They are genuine.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chrisnando: 7:48pm On Oct 07
Good evening house

I recently installed 6 300W panel and I noticed the installer connected all panels in parallel, also he used a 4mm flex instead of 6mm.

A friend of mine came and told me everything the installer did is wrong.

Please could this be true?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 8:10pm On Oct 07
bassdow:

As for buying used Dry / GEL / Tubular batteries, I would say there are both good and bad in the market. Have never bought a USEd Tubular battery for anyOne but as for other types of batteries, I can assure you that there are both good and bad in the market. You just need know how to test.

T[b]hat reminds me, there was a time I sold about 30pcs of Tubular batteries[/b]. They were all as good as New as client was relocating abroad for whatever reason and the installation was less than 1-year in an estate where they sometimes have light. Imagine if you had bought such, you would enjoy it well.

That doesn't mean there ain't refurbished batteries in the market hence reason I said if you know how to test, you should have less issues so please don't be SHOCKed.

See eh, there are lots of people (including installers) buying USEd batteries in the market. Let's not pretend like it doesn't happen.

Now if the Guy isn't interested in using Solar panel, like you said, then who says his budget ain't workAble ?

Of course he seems reluctant to state what appliances He intends powering BUT that budget should buy him a used inverter (or UPS depending on his load), and used battery.

In other News, most of my responses in here often are broad to cater for more people than the ASKer hence even my response earlier and NOW ain't meant for just Him and You.

Myself, other than my main 2 setUps, most of my auxiliary setUps use rely on USEd batteries which I either buy directly (especially during client upgrades) or when I decommission any.
Only time I suffered bad battery, which was twice, was during my early days of using Solar when I was buying Brand new batteries such as Neptune and the likes before I got to understand those Alaba batteries are fake.

As for your BET, me no get that kind interest. I'm not here to please or impress anyOne. I just talk comment and move

You see that you are not to be trusted and people should take your advise as beer parlour gists?

People responded to that brother based on what they have tried, used and trusted, even quoted prices in public domain open to review and criticism, but the only thing you saw in their posts was that they were trying to rip him off. Then you turned around and provided a solution you havent even tried, and without any prices to help him review his budget and make a decision. You even said he should just know how to test the battery before buying. How can he do so when he made it clear from the onset that he is a newbie, and you are not even willing to make a single recommendation to help him

Dont compare buying used solar panels, inverters and even controllers to buying used lead acid or wet cell batteries. It is a world of difference. Na black market, as one of us here would say. You need to be sure of the brand, the source, the history and recite "The Lord is Shepherd" 3 times before taking the plunge. It is not a terrain for newbies and you are simply setting that brother up for monumental failure. Not every budget can get people started on the right foundation, and we should not shy away from advising people to work on their budget.

The other brother asked you why you hate lithium batteries so much, instead of providing a clear and concise response and provide an opportunity for us to learn, you went off the tangent making comparisons no one cares about. You are here again mentioning 300 batteries that you sold in 1985... undecided...who ask you? How does that extraneous information help us here?

Nobody cares about unverified fables here. This is thread is not for enthusiasts and experienced folks alone, it is also for newbies who plead that we help them avoid the mistakes most of us made when we started our own renewable journey journey. Be kind to them and speak in plain english, providing solutions and recommendations that you have tested, tried and are sure works.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obitobe: 8:11pm On Oct 07
chrisnando:
Good evening house

I recently installed 6 300W panel and I noticed the installer connected all panels in parallel, also he used a 4mm flex instead of 6mm.

That 4mm is too small for the level of current that will flow through it. Please call the installer to change the cable to a minium of 6mm
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:21pm On Oct 07
chrisnando:
Good evening house

4mm for 1800w in parallel is a recipe for disaster.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:23pm On Oct 07
bassdow:

That reminds me, there was a time I sold about 30pcs of Tubular batteries. They were all as good as New as client was relocating abroad for whatever reason and the installation was less than 1-year in an estate where they sometimes have light. Imagine if you had bought such, you would enjoy it well.

Sounds to me like you should learn to talk less if you have nothing of direct value to say to someone making an inquiry.

In fact, looking at all your posts, you probably should just learn to talk less all-round.

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos(m): 8:26pm On Oct 07
> Yes, wrong Size of cable due to larger current.
> Parallel connection depends on the VOC of your Inverter or Charge Controller.

chrisnando:
Good evening house

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 8:56pm On Oct 07
They are genuine panels.
Currently using the 625w I got from them.

Thunderbolt:
Good evening house.

Need some help please.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 9:12pm On Oct 07
odimbannamdi:

You see that you are not to be trusted and people should take your advise as beer parlour gists?

People responded to that brother based on what they have tried, used and trusted, even quoted prices in public domain open to review and criticism, but the only thing you saw in their posts was that they were trying to rip him off. Then you turned around and provided a solution you havent even tried, and without any prices to help him review his budget and make a decision. You even said he should just know how to test the battery before buying. How can he do so when he made it clear from the onset that he is a newbie, and you are not even willing to make a single recommendation to help him

Dont compare buying used solar panels, inverters and even controllers to buying used lead acid or wet cell batteries. It is a world of difference. Na black market, as one of us here would say. You need to be sure of the brand, the source, the history and recite "The Lord is Shepherd" 3 times before taking the plunge. It is not a terrain for newbies and you are simply setting that brother up for monumental failure. Not every budget can get people started on the right foundation, and we should not shy away from advising people to work on their budget.

The other brother asked you why you hate lithium batteries so much, instead of providing a clear and concise response and provide an opportunity for us to learn, you went off the tangent making comparisons no one cares about. You are here again mentioning 300 batteries that you sold in 1985... undecided...who ask you? How does that extraneous information help us here?

Nobody cares about unverified fables here. This is thread is not for enthusiasts and experienced folks alone, it is also for newbies who plead that we help them avoid the mistakes most of us made when we started our own renewable journey journey. Be kind to them and speak in plain english, providing solutions and recommendations that you have tested, tried and are sure works.

I'm not surprised lots of you guys dislike it when One doesn't say things that favors you guys.
Keep looking for ways to disCredit my comments na una sabi.

That I haven't bought a USED Tubular battery for myself, doesn't mean I haven't bought other types (other than Lithium) of USEd Solar batteries.

Even the 4pcs of 200Ah batteries currently powering some of my Desktop PCs + standing Fans were bought USEd and been in service for almost 2-years now.

In fact the over 30pcs of solar batteries I sold sometime ago, though lightly used, were all Tubular batteries. All one needs do is Test properly.

There's almost nothing I share in here I haven't tried and worked for me.

Who knows, you personally might not even have up to 3pcs of say 200 or 300 watts solar panel to your name.

Myself I became a USER (at scale) long before doing for others mostly via referrals. How many of you lots have repeat clients to begin with. Most na to grab as much as they could and leave the client dry.

Have met a Man who was looking to scrap his entire setUp and go back to using diesel generator. this man lives in Duplex and invested heavily BUT was really disappointed.
Really tried convincing him to no avail. When I got to place, and saw his setUp, the quality was no where close to what he said he invested.
Even showed me the last receipt he paid to see if they could be made to work but no. and this was like year 2016 or thereabout.
His only condition to continuing was if I was willing to use my own funds to do whatever miracle I wanted to do as he's done spending; and he would only rePay me if it works well for at least 6-months.

Such a person must have employed services of so-Called professional. if dem ask una now, Una go say maybe the person no sabi work. that He should have employed a professional.

I know quite a lot of you guys who hate it the moment you meet a client who knows enough to ask basic questions or supervise you guys. Body go begin pepper una.

See eh, people wey dey make money for Solar business no too dey comment for here; people like us no dey too make money. Not sure I've made up to 1.5-million this year via Solar but I don't care.

I don't even run around looking for client as it's not even my full time job. I go dey my own, dem go call me.

As for quoting prices, I don't do such because first, I am not a Seller hence can't always be up to date with current prices.
Another is PRICEs are relative to the person's location, SPECs, among other variables. not to talk of the fact the person never asked for costs.

Of course I equally rarely mentions brands as that's a function of the person's budget and location. I rather keep mute, than recommend an unreliable brand.

It's Okay, I understand a lot of you guys are in for the money BUT makes no sense trying to shut one up.

Can hardly recall how many times I've laughed at funny calls I get from people who think they're wise trying to screen me.

At end of the day, it's of the client to take the decision either on first attempt OR when they've learnt their bitter lessons.

SomeOne called me some months back wanting to buy somethings BUT resides far away.

After directing him to market 3-times, I asked him to just buy USEd Solar panels. When he asked what about the new ones, I told him judging by the pictures he showed me from various shops, it's safer buying USEd than New as those being Marketed as NEW just could be USEd that's been washed and reLabelled to appear NEW.

Same reason I rarely go for some Solar panel sizes to avoid buying Solar panels with inflated specs.

See eh, me go end the long talk. Most of my comments are for general consumption, not for those wey dey worry themselves.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 9:16pm On Oct 07
HeavenlyBang:

Sounds to me like you should learn to talk less if you have nothing of direct value to say to someone making an inquiry.

In fact, looking at all your posts, you probably should just learn to talk less all-round.
unFortunately, I talk when I wanna talk, and keep mute the rest of the time. For una matter, I no go stop so long I've got the time even if no body listens cares.

MayBe sef, I fit begin comment on Adverts carrying unreliable brands. I go just inform readers of what to expect.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 9:43pm On Oct 07
chrisnando:
Good evening house

Wouldn't mind if you could kindly specify if said installer was gotten from here.

Also you have to change to 6mm as that 4mm is very small. It should get warm now or sooner as the current too much. 6mm ought to be the least.
Wonder who handles cost of the new cables.

Atimes make una dey share quotations here make plenty eyes dey help look am.

Myself almost had issues early this year when I finally dug my borehole. Was supposed to have done it late last years BUT since I wasn't looking to do another geographical survey, and since most don't even do so to begin with, I insisted I would dig the borehole February which is strong dry season. 3 other people who were currently doing there tried to convince Me to do mine also BUT I insisted I would do mine during the dry season.

Even when I was finally ready to do mine, costs have increased BUT I insisted they write me a quotation, indicating all they would be using such as Casing, risers, etc. I even requested for samples which they brought and I rejected it.
They got frustrated but I wasn't about to gamble with 650,000 naira. At end of the day, I showed them the thickness and size of the Casing I wanted and ensured they bought complete and was there the entire time.

because they could buy 12-casings and show you but wont dig deep enough hence they would steal like 2 or more from you. Have seen them do that a couple of times.

Right now, 2 people who did theirs when the cost was about 300,000 naira have all failed. In fact the 2 of them stopped pumping out water, when they tried to increase the riser pipe, they realized the submersible pumping machine was stuck in there. right now, na hose dem dey join come pump water for my compound. Despite the long duration of dry seasons, I was able to not jump pump water for others (outsiders like my neighbors) BUT equally filled all my Tanks and I do have quite a lot of them.

Now they can't talk BUT then, they were sort of against me both the diggers and the neighbors. They would say "Leave am e no go hear. Na wetin e wan do e go do" BUT right now, dem don close mouth and guess what, they can't hold those who dug it.

Difference between I and they was I scrutinized everything even though I had no knowledge. Most things na just common sense. When the Casing (the bigger pipes) has a width like 4-inches or there about, or not thick enough, that spells disaster and when it happens, na the customer go bear the cost.
Imagine if I had followed their advice, including the ones that said "Sir no worry, na our work. No be today we don dey do this work na". Na so money for just loose.

Funny enough, I used a combination of Manual + Hydra drilling machine because they met a very big stone (more than 12-feet long) hence reason I spent that much. Glad I did it sha because right now, it would have cost way way more thanks to condition of the naira.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 9:44pm On Oct 07
Thunderbolt:
Good evening house.

Need some help please.

They are known to sell genuine items.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AndroBlaze: 9:49pm On Oct 07
Ithream:
Hi Experienced folks, you guy are doing a great job. Thank you!

I am a newbie who just found interest in Solar,

Pls I’d like to know which Lithium battery (or any efficient product) and Inverter I can go for with a budget of 350-400k.

There is Nepa Light some days for me to charge the Battery regularly.

NB: Just Lithium Battery and Inverter (No Solar panel)

Thank you!

First of all, your budget is fine as long as the load you are trying to power is very basic and you have energy saving appliances. Posting it here would help so proper advice can be given.

Also, take the advice of the serious people who are trying to help you here and contact Valto and Linov8 for quotes.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 10:00pm On Oct 07
jonescosmos:
> Yes, wrong Size of cable due to larger current.
> Parallel connection depends on the VOC of your Inverter or Charge Controller.
The gap is huge else would have just suggested they series the panel but that obviously would exceed capacity of their charge controller / inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 10:07pm On Oct 07
rhosymedre:

Many thanks for reply.

For now we have decided to exclude air conditioners; so, something like

* 1 medium/large TV e.g. 40 inches and 4 small TVs of 24 inches each
* 1 standard fridge (nothing big) and one small deep freezer
* 1 water pumping machine
* About 8 standing fans (will go for low power consuming fans)
* All electric bulbs in a 5 bedroom house

Thanks again.
These should do. Guess the pumping machine is between 0.5, 0.75 and 1HP. Probably run the heavier items during the day
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chrisnando: 10:54pm On Oct 07
bassdow:

Wouldn't mind if you could kindly specify if said installer was gotten from here.

Also you have to change to 6mm as that 4mm is very small. It should get warm now or sooner as the current too much. 6mm ought to be the least.
Wonder who handles cost of the new cables.

Atimes make una dey share quotations here make plenty eyes dey help look am.

Myself almost had issues early this year when I finally dug my borehole. Was supposed to have done it late last years BUT since I wasn't looking to do another geographical survey, and since most don't even do so to begin with, I insisted I would dig the borehole February which is strong dry season. 3 other people who were currently doing there tried to convince Me to do mine also BUT I insisted I would do mine during the dry season.

Even when I was finally ready to do mine, costs have increased BUT I insisted they write me a quotation, indicating all they would be using such as Casing, risers, etc. I even requested for samples which they brought and I rejected it.
They got frustrated but I wasn't about to gamble with 650,000 naira. At end of the day, I showed them the thickness and size of the Casing I wanted and ensured they bought complete and was there the entire time.

because they could buy 12-casings and show you but wont dig deep enough hence they would steal like 2 or more from you. Have seen them do that a couple of times.

Right now, 2 people who did theirs when the cost was about 300,000 naira have all failed. In fact the 2 of them stopped pumping out water, when they tried to increase the riser pipe, they realized the submersible pumping machine was stuck in there. right now, na hose dem dey join come pump water for my compound. Despite the long duration of dry seasons, I was able to not jump pump water for others (outsiders like my neighbors) BUT equally filled all my Tanks and I do have quite a lot of them.

Now they can't talk BUT then, they were sort of against me both the diggers and the neighbors. They would say "Leave am e no go hear. Na wetin e wan do e go do" BUT right now, dem don close mouth and guess what, they can't hold those who dug it.

Difference between I and they was I scrutinized everything even though I had no knowledge. Most things na just common sense. When the Casing (the bigger pipes) has a width like 4-inches or there about, or not thick enough, that spells disaster and when it happens, na the customer go bear the cost.
Imagine if I had followed their advice, including the ones that said "Sir no worry, na our work. No be today we don dey do this work na". Na so money for just loose.

Funny enough, I used a combination of Manual + Hydra drilling machine because they met a very big stone (more than 12-feet long) hence reason I spent that much. Glad I did it sha because right now, it would have cost way way more thanks to condition of the naira.

No, he's not from here.

He used a 40A controller too which my friend said is wrong. I called him this evening and he was busy arguing that 4 mm is ok for the load.
I would probably look for another installer.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chrisnando: 10:54pm On Oct 07
HeavenlyBang:

4mm for 1800w in parallel is a recipe for disaster.

Thank you, I'm changing the cable tommorow. I was told the panels should be connected 2 each in series after which 3 of the combinations should be in parallel. I don't know if this is right?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chrisnando: 10:55pm On Oct 07
obitobe:

That 4mm is too small for the level of current that will flow through it. Please call the installer to change the cable to a minium of 6mm

The installer said 4mm is okay. I'm definitely changing the cable tomorrow.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:13pm On Oct 07
chrisnando:

Thank you, I'm changing the cable tommorow. I was told the panels should be connected 2 each in series after which 3 of the combinations should be in parallel. I don't know if this is right?

Depends on the vsc of your inverter/charge controller and that of the panels.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chrisnando: 11:26pm On Oct 07
HeavenlyBang:

Depends on the vsc of your inverter/charge controller and that of the panels.

It's a 40A charge controller

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ithream: 11:46pm On Oct 07
AndroBlaze:

First of all, your budget is fine as long as the load you are trying to power is very basic and you have energy saving appliances. Posting it here would help so proper advice can be given.

Also, take the advice of the serious people who are trying to help you here and contact Valto and Linov8 for quotes.

I was discouraged by the prices. Moreover there is light in my area to an extent. Instead I add on top the money go buy land in one area of Ogun state. I’m now a landlord instead of a solarlord.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 12:38am
Ithream:

I was discouraged by the prices. Moreover there is light in my area to an extent. Instead I add on top the money go buy land in one area of Ogun state. I’m now a landlord instead of a solarlord.

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Oshomo12(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.